Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien 3

Blinky Alien 3

In space, no one can hear you scream. From your living room, however, the entire neighborhood can partake in your vented frustration at Alien 3. They will all know your pain at running out of ammunition or totally failing to locate that last damn prisoner. Arena's licensed thriller is a chest-bursting, face-hugging orgy of challenge that will have you masochistically coming back for more. That's what happens when good platforming action is combined with maddening difficulty. It's a good thing then, that Genesis controllers are so inexpensive. We're here for you though, and reading our full review will show you why Ripley really ended up bald: she pulled her hair out trying to pass the slaughterhouse level.
    Last edited by Melf; 07-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Review
    The controls are smooth, and Ripley responds great. Jumping is almost flawless, as is switching from one gun to another. To tell you one thing, nothing gives me as good a feeling as blasting a grenade into the mouth of one of those aliens and hear them scream when they die. A good burst of flame will also do nicely. However, the machine gun is my favorite in the game since it's easy to handle and not as slow as the grenade launcher (thought it's less effective). It will do the trick in most parts until you confront the bosses and you have to switch to the grenades, which, long with the grenade launcher, are also handy when Ripley's in the air shafts. Find an alien down there and just throw one it of those babies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Review
    Through it all, the audio keeps players on their toes. The sound fits right in, such as a heart pound beating when you run through the alien ship, or when you're in a boss fight or when you’re running out of time and have to search for the exit. The music really pumps up, and it's just great.
    The last sentence in the first paragraph and second sentence in the second paragraph make no sense.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Well, I can only imagine the ah . . . "localization" Melf put into this review, but those sentences make sense contextually.

"Find an alien down there [in the air shaft] and just throw one it of those babies [grenade]!"

"The sound fits right in, such as a heart pound beating when you run through the alien ship, or [the sound] when you're in a boss fight or [the sound] when you’re running out of time and have to search for the exit."

I'm sure there are plenty of grammatical errors in our reviews. I don't see the point in drawing attention to these.

As a whole it makes sense but it's pretty hard to read in the sentence. Sorry for being a grammar Nazi but I'd just point out a few spots that make the review tougher to read. Either way it was still a good read and a good edition to the site.

Is this game a lot different than the SNES port? That one seems to be more objective based and confusing, this one seems more level based and based on raw platforming skills.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I actually started a thread a while back asking that same question. The general concensus was that the SNES version had inferior gameplay (mission-based, like you said).

I'd still like to get my hands on it eventually, mainly because I like the graphics and music.

I liked the look and sound to this game but having a such a big restriction on time was pretty annoying. It seemed like you had to die from the time running out at least once just to figure out a way to go about saving prisoners.

I kind of figured that was the case with the two versions MrMatthews, oh well, I never really could get the feel for these games. Maybe I can give the Genesis version a chance soon and give it an honest opinion.

On another note, Melf you picked one of the nastiest but greatest pics for the review on the site's frontpage so I gotta say kuudos.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    The last sentence in the first paragraph and second sentence in the second paragraph make no sense.
    come on gimme a break i was trying to make a good review
    and melf yust help with it

here s the version that i send in and that melf had to make good
    yeah i typed it in 20 minutes because i threw the first one away
    cause i thought melf still had it

acdc, I'm not bashing Melf or you at all, I really liked the review. I just pointed that out so Melf could edit it if he wanted to so that the review would flow a bit better and read smoother. I didn't point that out to be insulting in anyway.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Awesome game, great review
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    As a whole it makes sense but it's pretty hard to read in the sentence. Sorry for being a grammar Nazi but I'd just point out a few spots that make the review toughe
    You have to take that sentence about the grenades in context though, which is why you needed to quote the one before it.

It will do the trick in most parts until you confront the bosses and you have to switch to the grenades, which, along with the grenade launcher, are also handy when Ripley's in the air shafts. Find an alien down there and just throw one it of those babies!
    The second one you mentioned could be worded a bit better though. I'll fix that up.

I was given an incredible blow job by my ex whilst playing this game.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

Heh. Memories~

Quote Originally Posted by jason allen
    I was given an incredible blow job by my ex whilst playing this game.
    I'm not quite convinced that we needed to know that!

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

I picked this one up yesterday, complete. Thanks for the review! I never would have given it a second thought otherwise. I'm sure we all have out horror stories of crappy, highly-anticipated movie tie-ins.

But yeah, it's a lot of fun.

Thread Information