Quantcast

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Castlevania Bloodlines

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post

Haha, yeah, the first four are definitely not perfect, and the MD game isn't THAT bad. But at least that review seemed to echo a disappointment that I can understand, even if he does go a bit far. And it still seems more honest than the other ones, that Konami clearly bought.
    Well, I guess it depends on how you interpret that quote.

You can read it as “Konami put their heart and soul into the NINTENDO Castlevania games, but phoned in Bloodlines because it’s on a SEGA console.”

...Or, you can read it as “The first four Castlevania games (you know, the Nintendo ones?) are AWESOME. Bloodlines should have been a Nintendo game, it might have been awesome, too.”

I feel like you are being charitable with the author and assuming he means the former... but I think he’s being a shitheel and means the latter.

Either way, I take issue with it because he’s saying Castlevania II is superior to Bloodlines - which is madness.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on how you interpret that quote.

You can read it as “Konami put their heart and soul into the NINTENDO Castlevania games, but phoned in Bloodlines because it’s on a SEGA console.”

...Or, you can read it as “The first four Castlevania games (you know, the Nintendo ones?) are AWESOME. Bloodlines should have been a Nintendo game, it might have been awesome, too.”

I feel like you are being charitable with the author and assuming he means the former... but I think he’s being a shitheel and means the latter.

Either way, I take issue with it because he’s saying Castlevania II is superior to Bloodlines - which is madness.
    Oh, definitely, you couldn't pay me to play CVII. No way I'm putting myself through that.

And yes, you could absolutely be right in your reading of his statement. It's quite possible I'm reading my own disappointment in the game into his review. To be clear, I don't think it's as bad as he says, but I'm very fond of the franchise, and really, really, wish we'd gotten something proper, you know.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

I'm curious how many noticed Trevor & Sypha in the first shot of the intro, if they didn't mistake them for John(long brown hair) and Eric(long blonde hair), despite Trevor wearing that classic Belmont leather armor. Makes sense too, since Castlevania III was the only other game that started it's intro with that classic film reel look.

Still got a ways to go before I'm good at this one.

Anyone know what makes you decapitate harpy's, or does that just happen randomly?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Kamon's Avatar

Might be the wrong place to ask but there's no thread for it so here goes. I've nabbed a copy of the genesis version of bloodlines and am looking to play it on my PAL megadrive. I've been looking into region bypass carts and trying to figure out if they'll get past the konami specific region locking they had on their genesis games. I'm looking at a mega key 2 online, looks like this:
    Attachment 14850
    Anyone have experience with these carts and can confirm that it will work w/ bloodlines?

Thread Information