Quantcast

Thread: my samsung hdtv has started stretching the dreamcast image all of a sudden

Default my samsung hdtv has started stretching the dreamcast image all of a sudden

I use vga box, since recently putting in rez I think, the vertical image is now stretched below what I can see. I can't find any option in my tv settings (samsung) to change the ratio of this.

the weird thing is all my dreamcast games are now stretched. all my games used to work before.

the screen-fit option is grayed out unfortunately.

Okay..

If I were to hazard a guess since I've owned a few Samsung HDTVs over the years. What scene mode type setting is the TV in? It's possible that if you have it in something like Cinema mode or sports or something like that, it might not allow you to change the screen size option. And Just Fit isn't what I would normally use, On my Samsungs I believe the option was called Normal and then I had Wide and Screen Fit plus something like Wide+zoom1..etc.

So make sure you are using something like the custom setting. Also do you have the VGA connected to an actual VGA port on your TV or through a converter?

Mega Driven Master of Shinobi cleeg's Avatar

My Panasonic only allows 16x9 when in game mode. It sounds like CrossBow may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    My Panasonic only allows 16x9 when in game mode. It sounds like CrossBow may be right.
    Yeah..it is one of the reasons I have to use the custom mode as that literally lets me customize everything. Luckily i can shut off all the video processing functions in custom mode as well so essentially it is just like game mode only a bit better. Also if there is a converter in place, some TVs will not allow you to change the aspect if the video signal is digital. My Insignia was like that. Anything coming in from component or HDMI it would NOT allow me to change the aspect mode. Only on analog video sources. My current TV a Sony Bravia doesn't care and will let me set the aspect to my liking regardless of the video input used. On my sony the modes are Normal, Wide, Zoom1 and like Zoom2 I think? Samsungs have similar names I believe.

Thread Information