Quantcast

Thread: I've started my own review section on Gamefaqs.

Default I've started my own review section on Gamefaqs.

Hi all,

I've written almost 200 reviews over the last several years in hopes of finding a decent site that covers all systems. Well that hasn't happened so GameFaqs will have to work for now. I am covering mostly classic consoles and stay away from real popular and well known games as there's plenty of coverage there already. I will be posting a few reviews a day until all are submitted then I'll just write new stuff. I wanted to share them with all here. I will post the link in my signature. Go ahead and check them out and of course feel free to leave feedback.

Thanks.

Doug
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

You and me brother, are in the same exact boat. I will read your stuff and give you quality feedback if you do the same for me. It's hard as hell to become a well known name. You can attest, I'm sure.

My gamespot page. both my blog and reviews are worth reading.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Gumpre...ews;username;1

Your review list really impresses me! Alot of obscure games and systems.

EDIT : Do you have the dates in which these were originally written. I think It'd be interesting to see all the dates on your work and see your evolution of writing.

I do have dates but I went back and re-edited the reviews to bring them up to my now standards. I started writing them in late 2004 I believe and have been writing them non stop. I went and counted and actually have over 200 total so there's plenty more to come, I also love writing for mostly obscure games and consoles. You know all the ones that get no love, I actually have several Atari 800 reviews in the works plus some more Colecovision games and then I want to get into some more obscure consoles like the Supervision and a few more. Thanks for the input, I'll check out your gamespot page too.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

You give a lot of detail in your reviews and I like your editorial style as well. If I gave advice then I'd say to find some unknown PS1 games and ones like that and review away since the obscure games don't get much love.

Keep up the good work.

Good luck to both of you, but take it from me, you won't get famous on these Mickey Mouse places like Gamespot and GameFAQs where 99% of the articles written on these sites are maybe 3 paragraphs long and/or are barely readable. Your work won't be taken in a professional light here. You've got to look high and low, write for newspapers, magazines, fanzines, places like Sega-16, whatever you can. Just get your reviews out there. Write reviews that you know will get published in a certain place. Get your word out there. Places like GameFAQs and Gamespot will never fulfill the need of a real writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Baloo I know I won't get popular or well known on Gamefaqs, I'm just using it as a hub to post stuff since they accept so many consoles. A lot of my reviews I've posted weren't written the best so I've been editing them and getting them up to snuff enough to get posted, I can't get too deep with them anymore since I haven't played them in so long but once I get these up I plan on still writing but making every new one better.

I'm not trying to get popular now, maybe in the future I'll write for an online Ezine or something, right now I'm just trying to get reviews written for games that haven't been reviewed much anywhere else so far, and when I check my contributor hits I see that many of them have gotten several hits already.

Thanks for the advice though.

BTW are there any other sites as nice as Sega-16 that are console specific for other game consoles? I like writing for you guys far more than anywhere else though.

Just a goldmine of great reviews Doug. I love reading through these.
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

Thread Information