Quantcast

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Fury 2

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

Its been bumped out by austn volvilles raid on the off topic section, but what do you make of this no manual though...
    "Age badly is something women do, games are good or bad when they are released. "

"It's like watching Runic stones by vikings here in Täby: not beautiful compared to Mona Lisa, but damn fine stuff for their time, as Phantasy Star II is, and that is why I enjoy it."

Zebbe speaks on the quality of how 16-bit games hold up against modern counterparts 28/07/07 beautiful

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

I´ll definately take the US-version. It´s just that I would have prefered a PAL-version because I want my collection to look a bit tidy. I´ve started with PAL-games, so my collection is all black and blue (except for very few games I don´t put to them)and having to buy these red Genesis-boxes kind of pisses me off.

Just you wait until you have three types of Mega/Sega CD games on your shelf. THAT looks messy, because they are all in a different size! When you have a few red Genny games and a bunch of JP MD games, it looks pretty good though.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

long time reader, first time poster.... (hi everyone)

can anyone tell me how the genesis version of fatal fury 2 compares to the sega cd version of fatal fury special? it's been years since i played either! the reviews on this site seem to be completely independent of each other and not a good point for comparison in my opinion.
    also curious about samurai showdown in the same respect

I like the Genesis' rendition of Mai and Jubei's stages. Aside from the music I have nothing more to say about these redundant, moldy 16-Bit Takara ports.

The Sega CD ports of FFS and SS1 were good intentions, but ultimately executed poorly, especially FFS which is WORSE than the Genny FF1 & FF2 ports. Most of the original background objects, spectators and parallax from the Neo are GONE, the character sprites are missing MORE animations than the Genesis ports, the sound effects are sub-Genesis quality..........don't waste yer money. The SS1 port is much better, but still missing Earthquake.

If you own a PS2, go buy the recently released "Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol.1" instead, PLEASE. It's less than $20. The old 16/32-Bit console SNK ports are becoming more and more redundant over time with these lovely new compilations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak
    [the truth]
    I agree with all of that. I own both the Genesis FF2 and CD FFS and though I've spent hours playing FF2, I've spent less than half an hour with FFS. Every time I put in FFS, it made me just want to take it back out and play FF2 instead. While the CD music is nice, it doesn't make up for all its other shortcomings.

But seriously, if you have a PS2, go pick up FF: BA1 and be done with it. That's as good as you can get without owning the original Neo Geo versions.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Well, but therefor the GameGear-version of FF Special is extremely well done for the limited hardware.

Agreed, but it was and still is a novelty at best. Being able to play as Ryo Sakasaki without any codes and whatnot was great though. Portable fighters like this should've sold tons of copies, not CRAP like the Game Boy port of "Street Fighter II".

The PS2 SNK compilations are where it's all that for the most part, save for investing in a Neo or emul-yeah. Import if you must for the others.

I think Fatal Fury 2 on the Neo Geo AES costs less than the Genesis versions. I got mine for $16, and that included shipping from Japan.

thanks for the replies everyone! i don't own a ps2 or plan on getting one - the genesis has become my sole gaming console as of late and i was just curious what versions of the snk fighters were worthwhile. in my large cart collection, i think street fighter 2 c.e. is my only fighter. guess i'll consider fatal fury 2 (at least over fatal fury special)

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars
    Well, but therefor the GameGear-version of FF Special is extremely well done for the limited hardware.
    truly agree its is an awesome game on the gamegear almost outdates the neo geo pocket version,and Samurai showdown isnt that bad either on the gamegear sore they never made street fighter on the gamegear,that would have been a dream back in the days.

anyone

have this game compleet and like to trade

I think I have a complete copy... I'll post again when I get home.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    Judging by the emulator screenshots, this game ran in the Genesis' low resolution mode. That's sad as it looks pretty bad. The Arcade Card version on the PC Engine CD-ROM looks much better. I hear the Neo Geo version is the best, but that's only a rumor.
    I have the arcade card version and to be blunt it blows. If the Genesis version is any worse it would make baby Jesus cry.

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lizard
    I have the arcade card version and to be blunt it blows. If the Genesis version is any worse it would make baby Jesus cry.
    You think the ACD version blows? Wow...

Thread Information