Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rise of the Robots

CatThatCollidesWithThings Wildside Expert Collision Cat's Avatar

Saturn

I used to have the sequel to this, Rise 2: Resurrection on the Saturn! It wasn't much better...
    Last edited by Collision Cat; 11-10-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Not on a 386, also i didn't know 386's could run high res vga..
    ok clairification yes i meant curse of monkey island because they changed the whole look of gybrush and had crazy songs but by 97 i had a 486 66 mhz i think

the 386 i had was 40 mhz and had a trident vga card that could do 800x600 x 256 colors and i think the rise of the robots ran in 640 x 480 x lots of colors ?

i had to run a little tsr before the game it was calles univesa and it came on the disk with other drivers back in the dos 5.0 days things were fun windows 3.1 was great but didn't take over the computer

make sure and visit my album

I never played the Genesis version, but I remember the PC CD-Rom version being heralded in previews and advertisements as "making full use of the CD medium" and bringing PC gaming to the next level, being a true gaming experience (contrary to simple "interactive movies") utilizing cutting-edge technology.

What you got was a game that was incredibly slow, had horrible controls, sported an uninspiring soundtrack, and while it had great concept art, the graphics weren't too impressive and the lack of varied animations made the game just look lifeless (which is ironic given the fact that the protagonists were all robots - instead of adding to the atmosphere, it robbed the game of actual fun).

As I said, I never got to play the Genesis incarnation, but from my experiences with other versions of this game I can understand while it is counted among the worst games ever (especially when considering the massive hype the PC version of this crap got).
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Looks just as bad as War Gods for N64
    -Rick "Only fools oppose the almighty Megatron"

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=foxhound

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

It's worse. At least War Gods was playable to some extent and had a bit of variety. RotR has neither.

Thread Information