Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mario paint - mouse doesnt work !!!!!!!

Sfami mario paint - mouse doesnt work !!!!!!!

ok so i bought Mario paint i come home and the mouse doesn't work , it moves around but when i try to click on Mario nothing happens i opened it up and everything seems ok nothing is loose
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Banned by Administrators

either the tact switch in the button is broken or dirty at the point of electrical contact or the plug/wires are damaged somewhere.

i checked the switch buttons looks clean the wire works ,cause the mouse does move around , could it be a capacitor? my friend is coming over later his bringing his mouse and game so we'll try to narrow it down
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

ok so i tested it with my friends mouse and it works , so i know my mouse is busted. i was thinking it could be a bad capacitor but the pointer moves around on the screen , if it was a bad capacitor nothing would work right ???

Banned by Administrators

why does everyone go straight to zebra when they hear hooves at a ranch? The SNES mouse might not even have electrolyic capacitors on it. look into the plug and see if it looks in any way physically damaged. Check to the cord to see if it looks stretched or "notched" from being wound too tightly or having a heavy object placed on it that broke a wire inside the cord. Just because it moves doesn't mean the cord or plug aren't messed up. Most likely, the tact switch of the mouse is broken. Does the right click work? if both don't work, it's probably a cord/plug issue and if not there is most likely internal corrosion and you're boned.

Quote Originally Posted by 17daysolderthannes View Post
    why does everyone go straight to zebra when they hear hooves at a ranch?
    Lol that's great!

Anyway I agree here look for physical damage, these things are fairly well put together (having pulled 2 or 3 apart recently ONLY to clean). I would be saying look towards the switch as well. From memory Mario paint doesn't use the right button(?).

To check the lead, borrow your mates mouse take it apart (it is only 2 screws and you slide the base forward of the tabs) and see if you can swap the leads over. I can't remember, as I didn't need to do this, but the lead *maybe* plugged into the mouse and not hard wired. That is your job for the day is to come back and tell me if it is plugged or hard wired. Get to work.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by omp View Post
    Lol that's great!
    I periphrased a conversation from Scrubs between JD and Dr. Cox where JD thought a patient had some strange tribal African disease and Dr. Cox was like "if you hear hooves, you just go right ahead and think horsie, not zebra" or something to that effect. It's true though, everyone seems to think some ultra off-the-wall thing is wrong with their system. Almost everyone with a non-working disc drive insists they think it's the motor and hope that's the problem, never mind a drive motor is an absolute bitch to replace in most circumstances because it's definitely not meant to be a serviceable part (whereas lasers are sorta designed to be changeable). Simple things like connection problems or bad cords don't even occur to them.

im gonna to try and get some pictures up, from the looks of it there's no physical damage and both buttons don't work

Outrunner

My SNES mouse was like this too. I opened it up and found if I pushed the button hard enough, it worked. I'm guessing over time, the buttons get too dirty or overused and just poop out. I ended up just tossing it because I didn't feel like desoldering and taking the button apart to clean it.

that's the thing i opened it up and pushed the button pretty hard and nothing, anyone know if it possible to somehow convert a normal mouse into a snes mouse ?

Mastering your Systems Hero of Algol TmEE's Avatar

The mouse probably uses regular microswitches as in typical PC mouses, those do break up and you can replace them, get a poor PC mouse and use its switches to repair your MP mouse.
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    The mouse probably uses regular microswitches as in typical PC mouses, those do break up and you can replace them, get a poor PC mouse and use its switches to repair your MP mouse.
    but when i click the button i do hear a "click"

50fps because why not? Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streetsofrage View Post
    but when i click the button i do hear a "click"
    That is probably irrelevant.

I've had multiple PC mice be able to 'click' yet utterly fail, exactly the same situation with my DSi's L/R buttons (Which I really need to fix, can't wait until tomorrow, I'll get access to those miniature screwdrivers).

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by streetsofrage View Post
    that's the thing i opened it up and pushed the button pretty hard and nothing, anyone know if it possible to somehow convert a normal mouse into a snes mouse ?
    Again, going zebra. Do you know how much that would entail? alot more than changing out a tact switch, I'll say that much.

The easiest solution is really to just play it on an emulator (BSNES is the best) with a computer mouse (I mean, you'll have to use a mouse to open the emulator, why stop there!) or just say screw it altogether b/c Mario Paint is pretty much needless crap nowadays.

You could also, you know, buy another mouse for $5 instead of spending 5 hours troubleshooting the broken one (am I the only one that factors in time vs. value of an item?).

Lastly, if you're hellbent, you could replace the tact switch, which would require a solder sucker or copper braid to remove the solder, then placing the new switch in and resoldering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    That is probably irrelevant.

I've had multiple PC mice be able to 'click' yet utterly fail, exactly the same situation with my DSi's L/R buttons (Which I really need to fix, can't wait until tomorrow, I'll get access to those miniature screwdrivers).
    You might as well throw it in the trash, the Nintendo DS Lite and DSi are the worst f'n systems to take apart ever, or should I say, reassemble. Also, they are tact switches, which means they will need to be replaced if they aren't working. Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 17daysolderthannes View Post
    You might as well throw it in the trash, the Nintendo DS Lite and DSi are the worst f'n systems to take apart ever, or should I say, reassemble. Also, they are tact switches, which means they will need to be replaced if they aren't working. Not worth it.
    Are the origial model ds's better in that regard?
    6 days older than SEGA Genesis
    -------------
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Dude it’s the bios that marries the 16 bit and the 8 bit that makes it 24 bit. If SNK released their double speed bios revision SNK would have had the world’s first 48 bit machine, IDK how you keep ignoring this.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    the PCE, that system has no extra silicone for music, how many resources are used to make music and it has less sprites than the MD on screen at once but a larger sprite area?

Thread Information