Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashback: The Quest for Identity

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

I played the heck out of the Genesis version back in the day, this is a stellar game. I wish I could get into Out of this World and Heart of the Alien as much as I did Flashback. The later two seem to be much more focused on trial and error than Flashback's skill based strategy.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    I played the heck out of the Genesis version back in the day, this is a stellar game. I wish I could get into Out of this World and Heart of the Alien as much as I did Flashback. The later two seem to be much more focused on trial and error than Flashback's skill based strategy.
    Completely agree, beautiful games but too much trial and error.

Flashback is great, although some of the timed jumps can be annoying, but at least most of them won't result in an instant death.
    Love the story progression, but I can understand why Ecco would seem confused when using level select codes,
    you really gotta play the game through to understand why Conrad keeps finding himself in these totally different places all the time.

Have had this laying around for some years and finally put myself to 'getting into it'. Takes some time to get into the controls & story... then it just gets better & better
    Might go into my favorite MD games list.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

A masterpiece, pure and simple. Not knowing where or who you are and slowly putting the pieces together at the same time the memory wiped Conrad does and then finally realising the huge scope of the conspiracy and threat facing the Earth alongside the fact you are the only one who can stop it is just sheer genius. The mood and atmosphere perfectly compliments the gameplay and it's a game I love playing through whenever I have the time.

Hero of Algol

As a fan of Prince of Persia, no wonder I loved this one, even though that, even nowadays, I can't made it past the 1st level! Luckily, the password system was easy to memorize, as it was based on natural language (en plain English: real-life words) instead of numbers and long alphanumeric sequences. Because I was in the early stages of learning English, I missed the attractive storyline, but the beautiful an imaginative graphics, Conrad's awesome animations and atmospheric ambience made up for it.
    And now for one of my autobiographical gaming stories: This game had a very eerie element. The purple aliens? Nope. That game show coming directly from The Running Man? Neither. Those loooong, unsettling silences while you tried to pass past a random guard? Nope, nope, nope... It was the Delphine Software logo. That pitch-black darkness, with an outlined movie camera... And that suspenseful music, goddamn it, THAT MUSIC. Those final six bass-like notes creeped me out. And my younger brother knew. I guess he saw my unsettled face every time it played. One day, I was walking past our house's corridor in darkness when he approached my back silently and sang those six notes. I jumped, like I was at Freddy Fazbear's, believe me. So here you are, two of my biggest gaming jumpscares.
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 09-28-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Thread Information