PDA

View Full Version : Game mixes

Drixxel
07-13-2005, 06:56 PM
I had some free time today, so I finished recording a medley of two tracks from Super Metroid. The guitar sound was a little brutalized by my crappy 4-track recorder followed by the switch to digital audio from cassette, but the keyboard stuff more or less turned out okay, the piano bit in the middle especially.

It's a reworked combo of the intro music with the Brinstar Depths theme. Here be the link: http://tzvault.tripod.com/super_metroid_medley.mp3. I've been fiddling around for quite a while now to get my recording techniques all worked out, and in terms of achieving good sound quality, keyboard is a hell of a lot more effortless than guitar, let me tell you.

I'd appreciate it if you give it a listen and tell me what you think. Thanks.

Genesis Knight
07-13-2005, 09:48 PM
"Not avaliable for download."

>.>

tim333
07-13-2005, 11:51 PM
I get the same thing. Tripod hosting sucks.

Drixxel
07-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Blarrrrggg... I was hoping Tripod would keep its Satanic hands out of this one!

When I get the chance, I'll find somewhere else to host it. I was making some revisions to the song tonight, so yeah.. a better version should be availabe in the next few days. Or something. I mean, seeing as no one here has had the chance to hear the original, it really won't make a difference at all. Whooopwoopwoopwoopwoop.

Genesis Knight
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
To use a Melf-ism:

"AngelFire and Tripod are from the devil, and only sinners use them!"

Drixxel
07-14-2005, 09:26 PM
I've had a website on Tripod for years.. made the switch from Angelfire after they "accidentally" demolished my account there. I basically keep my Tripod account around just to host files online, but yeah.. that dream is shattered every day...