PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers Brawl... and SOLID SNAKE?!

Obviously
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfixYJ7zvTk&search=Super%20Smash%20Brothers%20Brawl

After Nintendo dissapointed many fans by not showing the new Super Smash Brothers at the conference, they've generated new excitement by dropping a bombshell. One of the new characters of Super Smash is indeed, Solid Snake.

So what does this mean for the future of Super Smash Brothers? Are no franchises sacred? Could we see a Sonic thrown into the fight?

j_factor
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Kid Icarus!
Sir Meta Knight!

Forget Snake, these two are bad-ass.

Joe Redifer
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Super Smash Bros bores me but I demand the following characters be thrown in anyway:

-Alex Kidd
-Wonder Boy
-Sonic
-The dude from Black Belt
-Yuzo Koshiro
-Mickey Mouse (who wouldn't want to hand him his ass?)
-Simon Belmont
-Parappa the Rapper
-Bubsy
-Awesome Possum
-The dude from Mystic Defender
-Willie Nelson
-Turrican
-Tommy Lasorda
-Sparkster (from Rocket Knight Adventures)
-Christopher Reeve
-Knuckles
-Kolibri
-Ecco the Dolphin
-Spencer Nilsen (with mullet)

Kikoskia
05-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey, Awesome Possum would kick EVERYONE'S Butt, just like in his games!

Of course, I see an obvious one they are missing...

WHERE IS SPARKSTER?

Demonic Weasel
05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Forget Super Smash Bro's I want a solid diet of Shining Smash Bros...

Obviously
05-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Kid Icarus!
Sir Meta Knight!

Forget Snake, these two are bad-ass.

Agreed.

I've never been a fan of Super Smash Brothers myself, but I must admit the prospect of third party characters really increased my interest.

16bitter
05-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Christopher Reeve

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I've always wanted to see a video game based around the idea of cripple fights -- suddenly just being able to move a limb could be considered a "special" move.

Genesis Knight
05-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I always liked SSB - one of the most fun party games I've played. The inclusion of 3P characters seems really opens up a whole new world, but Snake seems like a reeeeeally odd character to choose as the first one. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

And how come nobody's stoked about Zero Suit Samus? I am, but then again she's my favorite Melee character.

(I thought the trailer was very cleverly orchestrated, BTW.)

Obviously
05-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Snake is an odd character for Smash Bros. but apparently Hideo Kojima has been begging for Snakes inclusion since SSB: Melee.

16bitter
05-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey, Awesome Possum would kick EVERYONE'S Butt, just like in his games!

Of course, I see an obvious one they are missing...

MICHAEL JACKSON.

He could have an entourage of adolescent boys and apes. When he touches his monkey he'd transform, Super Mario-style; and the children could be like the power up gnomes in Golden Axe, only they'd be the power ups. A secret sequel to Moonwalker.

It would also be a chance to move the fighting game genre forward as far as visible damage to the characters during matches. Imagine Jacko's nose falling off halfway through a fight. That's a thousand times better than Vega losing his claw.

Obviously
05-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Maybe Space Michael Jackson from the Space Channel 5 games.

VinnyT
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I love how Nintendo gets everyone's hopes up on day one, then suddenly throws this at us right after day two.

Ninteno has,by far, had the best showing, and this just make's it awesome. I can't wait to snap some necks and hide in a dishwasher box in 2007.

So.....far....away....