PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some Dreamcast games.

Elusive
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
So far I've got the following:

The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Metropolis Street Racer
Quake 3 Arena
Shenmue (which I will sit down and play through completely one day, I swear)
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
and Soul Calibur.

I'm also hoping to get a cheap copy of Chu Chu Rocket! and Daytona USA 2001 from eBay. Can you guys recommend anything that makes owning a Dreamcast worthwhile?

Psy
06-15-2006, 04:23 PM
So far I've got the following:

The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Metropolis Street Racer
Quake 3 Arena
Shenmue (which I will sit down and play through completely one day, I swear)
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
and Soul Calibur.

I'm also hoping to get a cheap copy of Chu Chu Rocket! and Daytona USA 2001 from eBay. Can you guys recommend anything that makes owning a Dreamcast worthwhile?

Jet Grind Radio
Toy Commander
Crazy Taxi 1&2
Skies Of Arcadia
Sega GT

I wold also recommend Gundam Side Story 0079 but the game is too short.

j_factor
06-16-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm also hoping to get a cheap copy of Chu Chu Rocket!

I would be very surprised if you were able to find a non-cheap copy of that game. I remember buying a second copy of it only because it was like $4 new.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly second Jet Grind Radio, Toy Commander, and Crazy Taxi 1 and 2. They provide lots of great fun, they're common, they're cheap, they're amazing.

Other greats:

Bangai-O (original, clever take on shooters)
Border Down (my favorite horizontal shooter ever)
Dynamite Cop! (second best 3D beat 'em up ever)
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (SNK's crowning achievement, too bad it's so pricey)
Headhunter (similar to Syphon Filter, and really awesome)
Maken X (first person action game, pretty unique)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (the DC controller is really good for this game)
Power Stone 1 and 2 (both are a blast)
Rayman 2 (really great 3D platformer, still holds up)
Rez (synaesthesia)
Samba de Amigo (one of the best music games ever, although you need the maracas)
Super Magnetic Neo (cleverly designed platformer based around magnetism)
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1 and 2 (among the most fun racing games ever)
Tony Hawk 1 and 2 (the first two are the best two, IMO)
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram (no elaboration necessary)

David J.
06-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Elusive, In europe they gave away Chu Chu rocket, I really doubt the PAL version is THAT expensive.

Joe Redifer
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
You don't need the maracas for Samba De Amigo. In fact it's much easier to play without them.

Drixxel
06-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Some fine titles that haven't been mentioned yet (The Crazy Taxis, the Power Stones, Jet Grind Radio and so on are must-haves)

The House of the Dead 2 ... get it with a gun and you're in for a mindless good time.
Ooga Booga ... rather a fun and silly party game with a lot of charm and interesting characters.
Phantasy Star Online + Episode II ... you may as well get the Gamecube or Xbox re-release, but there's no harm in tracking down the originals. Of course, the single player mode you'll be restricted to can be a little lame, but I've still had a lot of fun with it.
Slave Zero ... there's a lot of negativity directed towards this game, but I just don't see it. Lots of action, fun weapons, and one dang cool mech.
Zombie Revenge ... it has some problems, but the cheese dripping from the voice acting combined with the sheer stupid fun of zombie thrashing in a 3D beat-'em-up setting gets my thumbs up.

Genesis Knight
06-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Duh. Ikaruga.

Cataulin
06-16-2006, 10:20 AM
WOW no ones mentioned Maken X or Seaman or Le Mans 24 Hour Racing(the Best DC racer imo)

Elusive
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Elusive, In europe they gave away Chu Chu rocket, I really doubt the PAL version is THAT expensive.

Quite. New, sealed copy (mmm, minty freshness) for 2. Thanks, Sega, for giving the game away free with PAL Dreamcasts :D

Duh. Ikaruga.

I meant games I'm likely to be able to afford :P

Seaman

I'm amazed they got away with naming that. An explanation would be nice...? :)

OK, so far I've purchased Crazy Taxi, Worms World Party (shut up, I'm a fan of the PC version; 4-player madness shall be fun), Jet Set Radio, Power Stone, and Toy Commander. All for 30 shipped, which is rather spiffy considering a single new PS2 game would set me back 40ish. Thanks, all.

Sega Uranus
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
WOW no ones mentioned Maken X

j_factor did!

Skies of Arcadia (I can not say this enough, go out, and get it NOW)
Ikaruga (this is basically a GOD among games)
Rez (ZOMGAWSOME!)
Power Stone 2 (the replay value is INSANE on this)
Boarder Down (I think it is harder then even the mighty Ikaruga!)

and

Shenmue II... DUH!

(this is only a helping of the Dreamcast experience)

If you like your games incredibly hard, funny, and that are so bad that they are good pick up ILLBLEED

Cataulin
06-16-2006, 08:14 PM
j_factor did!

*Reads JF's post*

damn Ive been found out :confused:

You should get the 5 in 1 disc. All of the games are in japanese but you can still play them as most are in english. Like Cosmic Smash.

j_factor
06-16-2006, 09:29 PM
You don't need the maracas for Samba De Amigo.

Unless you want it to be fun.

Obviously
06-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Maken X is the only Dreamcast game I ever sold. I simply couldn't stand it. Slave Zero is okay but it's better on the PC. Ikaruga is cheaper and easier to get for Gamecube.

Anyway let's see what hasn't been mentioned.

No one mentioned the Space Channel 5 games, shame on you.

Sword of the Berserk is very cool but also very short.

Daytona USA just for the DAAAAAAAAAAYTOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAA! song.

Grandia II, second best RPG on the system, best battle system ever.

Tech Romancer, plain old super robot mayhem with tons of anime references.

Gundam Side Story 0079, did I mention I liked robots? Also short but pretty sweet. The most realistic Gundam game ever in my opinion.

Star Lancer, the best wing commander esque game since wing commander.

Mars Matrix, pure mayhem of a shooter and much better than its cousin GigaWing. Goes for a pretty penny now-a-days though like most famous shooters.

Every Japanese Shooter ever made but not released in the West. Bittorrent if you have to but it's worth the price of admission for a Dreamcast just to play its vast library of shooters and fighters that were never released in the West.

j_factor
06-17-2006, 01:00 PM
I didn't mention Space Channel 5 because Part 2 wasn't released in English for DC, and the US PS2 release includes both parts (and is dirt cheap). The graphics are significantly worse on PS2, but understanding what people are saying is kind of important to the fun of it.

Oi_Oi_Spanky
06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm a bit of a Dreamcast nut to be honest. When the games dried up it felt like my mother had died. Top 5 is practicaly impossible to choose but I'll have a go.

Soul Calibur
Bangi-0
PSO
Ikaruga
Grandia II

If you ask me in a week's time most of them will be different. So many top games on the system.

darkwingduck13
06-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Elemental Gimmick Gear
The El Dorado Gate series, if you like old-school RPGs with glorious artwork/sprites...through VGA, this game is amazing.
I second Shenmue II. The PAL version runs fine on my DC.
I second Illbleed, if you're that type of gamer.
Ooga Booga if you have friends.
Floigan Bros.
Ecco

Most of these are fairly cheap now, so it shouldn't break your budget. :)

Obviously
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
I think my top five is probably...

1. Bangai-O
2. Jet Grind Radio
3. Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
4. TechRomancer
5. Soul Calibur

This is not including games that have been ported to other systems like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Skies of Arcadia, and Ikaruga which would've made the list had they remained Dreamcast exclusive.

George Foreman
06-22-2006, 07:53 PM
My top five tops everyone elses:

1.) Toy Commander
2.) Toy Commander
3.) Toy Commander
4.) Toy Commander
5.) Jet Grind Radio

Joe Redifer
06-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Toy Commander is in 16:9 widescreen as well. It is one of the few Dreamcast games I still need to obtain.

Elusive
06-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Let's see. Opinions of the games I've purchased so far:

Crazy Taxi - Arcade perfect. Short as hell, but I think the sheer size of the two cities more than makes up for this. Shame there's no two-player mode, though. Blue, sunny skies, rocking soundtrack (is that the Offspring?), copmletely unrealistic physics, fun as hell - Sega spirit in one shiny spinny GD-ROM.
Chu Chu Rocket! - oh my God. Oh my God. I'm in love.
Worms World Party - Not bad. A great conversion of the PC version, but I'm not so keen on the lack of voice samples. It's still got daft weaponry, though, and the ability to blow players 2, 3 and 4 out of the screen.
Toy Commander - I don't know. The manual isn't that clear on how to play the game - even ingame, there isn't much clue as to what you're supposed to do. How do I drop sugar lumps into the cocoa? What button drops them? How do I pick them up? Do they come equipped at the start of the mission? Aaaaargh! It's great looking, though. I love the cel-shaded intro.
Power Stone - Still yet to play this. The disc only seems to work when it feels like it :/

George Foreman
06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Let's see. Opinions of the games I've purchased so far:

Crazy Taxi - Arcade perfect. Short as hell, but I think the sheer size of the two cities more than makes up for this. Shame there's no two-player mode, though. Blue, sunny skies, rocking soundtrack (is that the Offspring?), copmletely unrealistic physics, fun as hell - Sega spirit in one shiny spinny GD-ROM.
Chu Chu Rocket! - oh my God. Oh my God. I'm in love.
Worms World Party - Not bad. A great conversion of the PC version, but I'm not so keen on the lack of voice samples. It's still got daft weaponry, though, and the ability to blow players 2, 3 and 4 out of the screen.
Toy Commander - I don't know. The manual isn't that clear on how to play the game - even ingame, there isn't much clue as to what you're supposed to do. How do I drop sugar lumps into the cocoa? What button drops them? How do I pick them up? Do they come equipped at the start of the mission? Aaaaargh! It's great looking, though. I love the cel-shaded intro.
Power Stone - Still yet to play this. The disc only seems to work when it feels like it :/

Eluuuuuuuusive, just use gamefaqs, or here: "A-Machine gun/ Drop
B-Special weapon/ Pick up
Y-Switch special weapon/ Switch highlighted transported item
X-Switch vehicle when immobile on a flat surface
R-Accelerate
L-Brake

Dpad-Changes camera angles (Note: With fighter planes you have to dive bomb
just to see the bombing marker, while bomber planes have better a
better view to bomb while flying by)
Analog joystick-Changes direciton/ Distance vehicles shoots bombs/ Vertical
posistion with helicopter"

-cythknight's gamefaqs walkthrough

Flash1087
06-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I recently found out my Dreamcast still worked, which means the world to me. However, I only have...four games for it (at the time, most of my Dreamcast experiences were rentals). I have:

-The House Of The Dead 2
-Sonic Adventure
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Gundam 0079 Side Story

So...I need suggestions. What else should I look for to try? My next Dreamcast purchases are going to be Confidential Mission, Outtrigger, and Quake 3. Opinions? Comments? Suggestions? Any bit of Dreamcast knoweldge you can impart on me would be greately appreciated.

Joe Redifer
06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288

Flash1087
06-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Ooooh, thanks.

Melf
06-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm going to merge this thread with that one, so we can have all our DC discussion in one place.

George Foreman
06-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Ooooh, thanks.
Don't forget to get Toy Commander. It will own your soul!!!:?

Elusive
06-27-2006, 02:29 PM
So...I need suggestions. What else should I look for to try? My next Dreamcast purchases are going to be Confidential Mission, Outtrigger, and Quake 3. Opinions? Comments? Suggestions? Any bit of Dreamcast knoweldge you can impart on me would be greately appreciated.

Quake 3 is virtually unplayable without the keyboard/mouse combo. Using the colour buttons to move and the analogue stick to aim is very, very difficult. Other than that, it's an almost-exact port of the PC original. I've heard it's also possible to play against players of the PC version online, although I can't vouch for this. It's a minor detail, but I love how the VMU displays your character's icon ingame.

Looking past the control difficulties, though, the game is a pretty fun no-brainer 'frag everything that isn't you'-fest. Unless you like fragging bot after bot after bot the single-player mode can be dull, though.

Oh, and it very rarely shows a hint of slowdown, which surprised me considering how thick the action can get.

Now you tell me about Gundam and HotD :)

Also: Power Stone is haaaard. Yep, it's a Capcom fighter: fifteen seconds into the fight and I'm KO'd. I'm terrible at beat-em-ups unless I buttonmash :(

Flash1087
06-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Gundam Side Story is, hands-down, my favorite giant-robot game ever. It's a combination of mech sim, FPS, and strategy. You get to command the other robots on your squad to waypoints you designate and even control their style of combat, ala Ghost Recon 1. The controls take some getting used to, but very responsive when you get the hang of it, and there's some decent customization options for your Gundam. All in all, it's pretty fun.

House of the Dead 2? What's there to say? One of the first light-gun games to implement branching mission paths and hidden areas, and while you never get any weapons other than a pistol (which is one of my favorite things about the Time Crisis series) it's pure, brainless, challenging, zombie-blasting fun. Plus, it has the most awesomely-bad voice acting I've ever heard.

"We're...meeting G over-THERE."

Obviously
06-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Gundam Side Story is okay. I get pissed off that I'm in a giant robot and my weapons except for the beam rifle are incredibly impotent. As far as customizartion goes it's leagues behind games like Mechwarrior and Armored Core. Also like most simulation games your helpers are complete and utter retards.

I did enjoy it though, it's a good choice when you're looking for a more slow paced and tactical game but unfortunately it's only like nine missions and once you beat them once you know exactly how to do it every time and it loses all replay value. If the game had more missions and a bigger variety of mobile suits instead of just two GM's and a Guncannon it could've been one of my favorite mech games. I still think the graphics detail is pretty nice even today.

I heard there's an extra disk released only in Japan that allows you to use the RX-78-2 Gundam itself as well as the other White Base mobile suits but I've yet to track it down.

Elusive
06-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Sounds alright, I might just pick that up if it's going cheap. Blowing things up is always fun :)

What about the four control ports - any games that allow for four-player silliness?

Flash1087
06-28-2006, 03:56 PM
POWER STONE 2!

Obviously
06-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Power Stone 2 is the Dreamcast's ultimate four player game in my opinion. Guantlet Legends isn't bad either and that's dirt cheap.

Genesis Knight
06-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Correction: Gauntlet Legends owns all.

George Foreman
06-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Power Stone 2 is the Dreamcast's ultimate four player game in my opinion. Guantlet Legends isn't bad either and that's dirt cheap.

Whaaaaaaaaaat!!! If I haven't said it about six or seven times, Toy Commander is the best Dreamcast game ever(especially 4 player multiplayer)!!!!

Obviously
06-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm going to hit you with a shovel again if you don't get back in the shed, Nancy.

j_factor
06-29-2006, 11:57 PM
One of the first light-gun games to implement branching mission paths and hidden areas

You just reminded me how awesome Virtua Cop 2 is. A lot of people prefer the Saturn port, but if you'd rather play it on DC, it was released in Japan, or it's part of the Smash Pack in the US.

j_factor
06-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Good 4-player games:

Armada
Atari Anniversary Edition - it has Warlords on it, which is awesome
Bomberman Online (it's great offline)
Chu Chu Rocket!
Cool Herders (one of the GOAT releases)
Fur Fighters
Gauntlet Legends
Marvel vs. Capcom
Power Stone 2
Puyo Puyo 4 (Fever doesn't have 4-player for any console :()
Re-volt
Tetris 4D
Toy Commander
Virtua Tennis / Tennis 2K2
Worms World Party

Flash1087
06-30-2006, 03:09 AM
You just reminded me how awesome Virtua Cop 2 is. A lot of people prefer the Saturn port, but if you'd rather play it on DC, it was released in Japan, or it's part of the Smash Pack in the US.

There isn't a game in the world I wouldn't rather play on the Dreamcast. :D

Oi_Oi_Spanky
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
How about MDK2? Rock hard so it is. Shadowman is the best version on any system as well. I liked it so much I played through it twice.

Novaka
07-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Party games? Power Stone 2. And Sonic Shuffle COULD be ok.......I didint find it that bad...

Obviously
07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Sonic Shuffle still haunts my nightmares. Why Sega... why?

Elusive
07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Sonic Shuffle still haunts my nightmares. Why Sega... why?

Sonic Shuffle ended up the same as Sonic R: some unknown third party developed the game, and a similarly obscure sidearm of SEGA bought it up and slapped Sonic and co. in there close to the end of development. Hence the reason it's not considered 'official' canon.

I just can't get into Toy Commander. It's not particularly difficult - it's just it's so damned vague. 'Push the eggs into the pot, don't forget to light the stove!' The pushing part is obvious enough - where are the eggs? Oh, there they are. Now I've lost half my fuel. Great. Restart mission, head to the counter again. Time to shove them in there ... now how the hell do I light the stove? I don't have a fire weapon, maybe if I roll a fruit onto the hob and set it ablaze ... nope. It just exploded. Oh, the knobs turn on the side of the stove. Which one? I mean, little indicator arrows wouldn't hurt. Grr.

Oh well. Time to wait for a cheap copy of Jet Set Radio to appear on eBay.

Novaka
07-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Also for RPG's if you like dungeon crawlers try the Evolution series.....I found them great...But thats because dungeon crawlers are OK to me.

wayne919
07-02-2006, 04:57 PM
the evolution series is the worst rpgs on dreamcast. skies of arcadia and grandia 2 are the only ways to go

Obviously
07-03-2006, 06:52 AM
The Evolution games are a series of random dungeons that all look exactly the same except for their color scheme. This would be fine if the game was fun and had a great story but it isn't and it doesn't.

Cataulin
07-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Oh well. Time to wait for a cheap copy of Jet Set Radio to appear on eBay.

That game is always cheap on Ebay. I just got mine for 5 bucks.

Anyways I think Jojos Bizzare Adventure is pretty neat-o.

Friggin Stands are awesome.....

j_factor
07-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Sonic Shuffle ended up the same as Sonic R: some unknown third party developed the game, and a similarly obscure sidearm of SEGA bought it up and slapped Sonic and co. in there close to the end of development.

Actually, no. Sonic Shuffle was developed to use the Sonic characters from the very beginning of development -- Sega wanted a Mario Party equivalent starring Sonic, and contracted the very developer of Mario Party to make one. They proceeded to make Sonic Shuffle, from scratch. That developer wasn't terribly unknown. I'm not sure who you're referring to when you mention a "sidearm" of Sega.

Additionally, Sonic R was also devised originally as a Sonic game. Its developer, Traveller's Tales, wasn't horribly unknown (as they had done Sonic 3D Blast after splitting from Psygnosis). Because Sonic 3D had been a hit (despite poor fan reception), Sega asked them to make another Sonic game. As I recall, they actually specifically requested a racing game, so as to be something that had Sonic in 3D but wouldn't 'compete' with Sonic X-Treme.

Hence the reason it's not considered 'official' canon.

I don't think there's really any substance in Sonic R or Shuffle to be canon or not canon.

Elusive
07-04-2006, 01:54 PM
:t:

I don't think there's really any substance in Sonic R or Shuffle to be canon or not canon.

I guess I was wrong - there's so much hyperbole surrounding both games it's easy to get your facts and opinions mixed up, heh.

As for 'canon', I meant Sonic R occupies the same niche as the Advance series, or more recently Sonic Pocket Adventure - nothing exceptionally great or terrible, and only shares a very slight link with Sega (if I recall rightly, Yuji Naka is mentioned as a 'consultant' in R's closing credits - everyone else is related to Traveller's Tales...?). As for Sonic Shuffle, it explains why characters like Luna and Void aren't seen again. Same goes for Bark the Polar Bear, Bean the Dynamite, Heavy and Bomb from Chaotix, etc. etc. etc.

My point was it's easy to point out certain games as being 'woe is me doom and gloom death rattle' for Sega and/or Sonic Team, when said games have only the vaguest ties to the company. I guess I worded myself poorly, though.

Kollision
06-23-2008, 09:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/GIGA-WING-2-1-MARS-MATRIX-GUNBIRD-2-Sega-Dreamcast_W0QQitemZ180257364669QQihZ008QQcategoryZ 139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This surely is a nice buy, although I don't know if it's overpriced or not...

David J.
06-23-2008, 09:39 PM
That's not a bad deal... really.

retrospiel
06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Sega wanted a Mario Party equivalent starring Sonic, and contracted the very developer of Mario Party to make one. They proceeded to make Sonic Shuffle, from scratch. That developer wasn't terribly unknown.

There is no way on hell, heaven or earth that Sonic Shuffle was developed by the Mario Party crew.

Sonic Shuffle is among the worst "games" (?!) I ever "played" (!?), only surpassed by the US FMV "games" for SCD.

Mario Party however you can actually play (!) and it is fun (!!!), the comparision is like night and day, black and white, fire and water, cats and dogs, etc.... It's just the exact opposite.

TheEdge
06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Fun Games,

Action - Sonic, Blue Stinger, MakenX, Army Men, Resident Evils

Fighters - Soul Calibur, SF III 3rd Strike, Marvel Vs Capcom, SNK vs Capcom, Project Justice.

RPG - Shenmue I & II, Grandia II, Skies of Arcadia, TimeStalkers

lol, I had a brain cloud while writing this post Im having trouble remembering all the games I have.

David J.
06-24-2008, 07:26 PM
I've been buying a LOT of DC games lately...

Dirt Ball Gamer
06-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Check Segagaga, the site not the game, they give looks at lots of jap dreamcast games with a little write up on them. Granted they are not full game reviews, but he praises the good games and seems to have good taste

TheEdge
06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I heard that Dreamcast is still big in Japan and people are independently making new games for it. Its kind of like the Sega Saturn of the 2000's

Vyse of Arcadia
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Sonic Shuffle's biggest problems were the loading times, the lame "RPG Battles", the story, and the AI. The minigames themselves and the game boards I thought were pretty fun.

havok666
06-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Two amazing import wrestling games worthy of anyones collection are Giant Gram 2000 (All Japan Pro Wrestling 3) and Fire Pro Wrestling D.

Dirt Ball Gamer
06-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah those are the best wrestling games on the internet

gamevet
06-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I heard that Dreamcast is still big in Japan and people are independently making new games for it. Its kind of like the Sega Saturn of the 2000's

I guess they could just burn those games onto CD Roms, but Sega officially stopped the GD-Rom presses in 2007.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/04/sega_pulls_last.html

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that the Saturn and the Dreamcast are truly and officially dead. Granted, the consoles themselves hadn't been made for years, but Sega was still repairing them both, as well as manufacturing the GD-Roms that were specific to Dreamcast games. No more. This offically kills off all the "Dreamcast isn't really dead" rumors that persisted despite all evidence to the contrary.

David J.
06-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Any one play I-spy? The premise sounds intresting... but I heard the execution sucks.

For some reason I really want to play it, and possibly own it. I'm now up to like 60 DC games. Said I'd stop at 50... but I dont think I ever will. Why do I set such silly limits? :D

Elusive
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I guess they could just burn those games onto CD Roms, but Sega officially stopped the GD-Rom presses in 2007.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/04/sega_pulls_last.html

That's like saying that, as Mega Drive cartridges are no longer being produced, the homebrew scene is dead. The Dreamcast LIVES ON through the power of the CD-R - ironically, the media that contributed to its demise :|

yes yes i know that's grossly oversimplified but let's not discuss why we're not playing Dreamcast 2s right now

Dirt Ball Gamer
07-02-2008, 01:45 AM
I recommend that surfer game on the dc. My DC is fizzled, but I used to get fuggin toasty an play that shit, also get hosed up and play that wetrix game, your mind will melt away and leave a crunchy peanut center!

gamevet
07-03-2008, 12:25 AM
That's like saying that, as Mega Drive cartridges are no longer being produced, the homebrew scene is dead. The Dreamcast LIVES ON through the power of the CD-R - ironically, the media that contributed to its demise :|

yes yes i know that's grossly oversimplified but let's not discuss why we're not playing Dreamcast 2s right now

I don't believe that Edge was talking about Homebrew though. ;)

probablee
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
New Dreamcast game I discovered the existence of just today: Segagaga. You play a Sega game developer trying to design brand new games despite the corporate demand for sequels and re-hashes. It was released at the end of the Dreamcast's production as a way for Sega to say 'sorry' for the DC's poor reputation. I kid you not. http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/segagaga/segagaga.htm

Grounder
07-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Crazy Taxi.

David J.
07-04-2008, 02:20 PM
F355 Challenge.

One of the best racing games, EVER.