PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Compilations

zetastrike
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I was playing S1MM the other day and a question occured to me: Would it be possible for homebrewers to take rare/import Genesis games and put them in a format that would allow you to burn them onto a CDR and play them on a SCD, or make a compilation of said games? Can you imagine BK3, Musha, Moonwalker, Wily Wars, and Crusader of Centy on one disc? Or a shooter compilation? S1MM is just a Genesis game that they put in a SCD format, right?

crazyteknohed
10-23-2010, 12:15 PM
What a great idea! Makes you wonder why no-one has thought of it before...

So, are you gonna give it a try then?

The Jackal
10-23-2010, 03:25 PM
@zetastrike: Sonic Megamix is a hack of Sonic 1 that was ported to the Mega CD because fans have been hacking the series for 10+ years. It's just not as easy as grab rom and bung it on CD - these games have to be optimised for the Mega CD itself.

@Crazyteknohed: Now, now - I undertand where you're coming from.

Zebbe
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
If all hungry children had a meal every time the Sega-16 forum got a "hey can i play genisis romz on my sega cd???" thread, there would be no starvation in the world!

sheath
10-23-2010, 04:55 PM
It'd be easier for most of us to donate the money we would have spent eating out to responsible organizations (http://www.kiva.org/) dedicated to ending world poverty.

Before I got my everdrive, I would have killed for some sort of Sega CD solution.