PDA

View Full Version : Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

GelmiR
07-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Thanks, I think starting with lots of SAM missiles will do just fine :) About your last batch of codes:

P2CA-BJVT
Start a new game with the super charger (makes your car go much faster).

Works fine, haven't tested if the game makes you keep it, but I don't think so.

P2CA-BAV2
Start a new game with lots of nitro. Press A+B+C together for nitro boost.

Works fine, but a note for the side-view sections: the red dots that indicate how much nitro you have are replaced with weird squares.

ABJT-AABA
Infinite shotgun ammo when walking (as long as you have at least one shell).

Works great! Thanks again :)

Tony H
07-23-2010, 09:34 PM
GelmiR, I found a previously unknown cheat for Outlander. Here's the details: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12986

If you try it, let me know if it works on real hardware.

GelmiR
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
I won't be home for about a week, but when I get back I will definitely try it for you ;)

Tony H
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks GelmiR.

One more new code for Outlander...

AAYT-AAE6
Lets you see stuff the development team wrote while making the game. When
you get to the title screen, don't press any buttons. After 15 seconds, it
will show you controller info, then the credits, then the stuff the development
team wrote.

They wrote some funny stuff while making the game. One of my favorites is "IT'S NOT A BUG, IT'S A FEATURE"

Keep in mind that they made the game in the UK, then the steering wheel joke (and a couple others) makes sense.

GelmiR
07-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Sounds like an interesting cheat, I'll have to try that one soon as well. Though I just assumed the steering wheel was on the right side because the game takes place in Australia (stated in the manual I think, not 100% sure).

By the way, I'm also interested in Game Genie cheats for Spidey vs Kingpin. I can finish the game in nightmare mode without cheats, but I'm wondering if any interesting cheats can be made an/or if there is any development info in the game hidden away somewhere?

Everton
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Ok, i think that this will be hard, here go.. Can someone make a game genie for infinite ammo and infinite turns???

Tony H
07-25-2010, 09:53 PM
GelmiR, here's a bunch of Game Genie codes for Spiderman vs Kingpin: http://www.gshi.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=3&gid=2327

I'll look in the ROM to see if I can find any hidden stuff in the game. Just so you know, the chance of finding anything undocumented in the game is pretty slim.

Everton, I need to know a couple things... Are you using real hardware, or an emulator? Also, if you're using an emulator, which ROM are you using? (there's a few different translated versions).

EDIT: GelmiR, the first 12 codes of that link above are official Galoob codes.

Everton
07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Real Hardware

I'm using this rom:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NS1QVIRI

Tony H
07-26-2010, 01:23 AM
This game takes time to figure out, but I think I've got the infinite ammo code...

Advanced Daisenryaku

AMMA-AA74
Infinite ammo (has only been tested on tanks so far).

I don't know if the infinite ammo code works on all ammo or not. I got stuck in the game. Once all my players take their turn (they have an "E" next to them), how do I get the game to advance?

Everton
07-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Press Start then select end turn...

Now enter the second game genie, I wish the time did not pass.

Tony H
07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
This game has some weird programming... either that or my debugger is acting up. Anyways, here's a code to stop time. The code causes the start and stop time to be the same, but as far as I can tell, time will not pass. No guarantees on this code. :-)

ALGA-AA86
Stops time (not tested much).

Tony H
07-26-2010, 11:59 PM
A few more codes...

Advanced Daisenryaku (J)

ALZT-AA80
Infinite gas.

AM8A-AA7T
Don't get charged when buying things.

A9NT-E8CL
Increases the movement range for the PzKwIA Tank from 5 to 15.

I did some more testing on the infinite ammo code, and it seems to work on all ammo. Let me know if these codes are working or not.

Everton
07-27-2010, 12:02 AM
The infinite ammo works pretty well, now i will test the "time stop".

Everton
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
The "time stop" code does not work, it just does not show the date changing on the screen but the turns are still being counted.

And thanks for infinite gas code...

Tony H
07-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Is there some way to tell how many turns you've had, or do you just go by the date?

Everton
07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Example:

First Mission: Now 1939/09/01 - End 1939/09/25

But the mission does not end in 1939/09/25, she ends on next day 1939/09/26...

1939/09/26
-
1939/09/01

Even with the date not changing I continued with 25 turns to finish the mission.

Everton
07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Take a look at this address (00FFCC18), he is counting something maybe can be the turns...

EDIT:

I created the game genie 00FFCC18:0000, he is working pretty well but i can't generate a dumped rom with it because there's no
00FFCC18 address in the rom. It can be founded only in the ram. How can I fix this???

Tony H
07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Just for the record, 00FFCC18 is not a Game Genie code. That's a PAR (Pro Action Replay) code. Any Genesis code that begins with "FF" like that one is a PAR code. The "FF" type PAR codes modify RAM addresses. The Game Genie can only modify ROM addresses.

Anyways, I wrote a guide that explains how to use that PAR code/RAM address (FFCC18) to help you make a Game Genie code. Here's a link to the guide: http://codehut.gshi.org/GensTracerGuide.txt

EDIT: Let me know if you need any help with it.

Everton
07-28-2010, 01:19 PM
My first Game Genie:

Advanced Daisenryaku (J)

Infinite Time: DCGT-AADA

djshok
07-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Any chance I could get some Mystic Defender codes?

Everton
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Mystic Defender

AK1A-AA9T
Protection from most enemies.

AMDA-AA7N
Almost infinite lives.

RHAA-A608
Weapon meter charges instantly.

Tony H
07-28-2010, 08:56 PM
More codes for Mystic Defender (the codes Everton posted above and several more)...

http://www.thegshi.org/?s=v2&sys=8&gid=6089

Tony H
07-29-2010, 01:45 AM
My first Game Genie:

Advanced Daisenryaku (J)

Infinite Time: DCGT-AADA

Everton, I just took a look at your code and I wanted to mention something. Your code changes the CC18 at ROM address $008D60 to 0018. What that's doing is changing the RAM address from FFCC18 to FF0018. That will prevent the game from subtracting from the number of turns/time, but now it's subtracting from FF0018 instead. Usually not a good idea unless you know what FF0018 is used for, and you know that subtracting from it won't cause any unwanted side effects. A better way to do it would be to change the subtraction instruction to a branch instruction. That way, you can achieve the same thing, but you're not subtracting from a different RAM address.

If you change the subtraction instruction so it just branches over itself ($008D5E:6002), this kills the subtraction, but you'll find that the game ends in a draw after the first turn. Not good. If you look at the programming, all you have to do to fix that problem is to branch a little further to get past the part that's causing the game to end in a draw: $008D5E:6012. You'll find that $008D5E:6012 does the same thing as your code, but without the unknown side effects. But, If your code is working and you don't notice any side effects, then you might be OK. Just wanted to let you know.

Everton
07-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks for fix my code but i have another problem and his name is:

George Foreman's KO Boxing

I need invincibility and infinit special moves

I am sorry for my BAD English...

Edit: I finally create the infinite special moves "AJXA-AA42", now i need only the invincibility.

Tony H
08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
As with most fighting games, George Foreman's KO Boxing uses the same routine for damage on both players. So if you make a standard Game Genie code for invincibility, both players become invincible. Ugh. But there is a way around that problem...

9VFT-BCD4 +
JBFT-AAD6 +
X3FT-ADD8
Player 1 has invincibility.

Also made a couple more codes...

JBFA-AAE8
Clock counts down slower.

BKFA-AAE8
Clock counts down faster.

I found where all the passwords are stored in the ROM, but didn't find any undocumented or hidden passwords (just the regular ones).

Everton
08-31-2010, 12:06 AM
I was trying to create a code of invincibility for the "Street Smart," when I finally got it "AK4T-AA5E" the code works well but has a problem, both players become invincible. How to fix this?

The VisitntX's codes doesn't work on a real hardware!!!

Everton
08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Infinite lives for Super Mario Bros 1.4.1 (Mega Drive version made by Mairtrus)

FYTT-BEXC

Infinite lives for Super Mario Bros 1.4.2 (Mega Drive version made by Mairtrus)

FYTT-BEXG

Can be downloaded at: http://devster.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dev&action=display&thread=613

Tony H
08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
I was trying to create a code of invincibility for the "Street Smart," when I finally got it "AK4T-AA5E" the code works well but has a problem, both players become invincible. How to fix this?

The VisitntX's codes doesn't work on a real hardware!!!

This should help...

http://www.thegshi.org/?s=faqs&id=96

Everton
09-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks the link helped a lot. The end result was these three codes that I created 9TFT-BCH2 + CEFT-ADS4 + JEFT-BBH6.

Are working on real hardware but has a problem, money is not being computed. Any idea how to solve??

Edit: The codes I posted work only in the first matches. Man I give up

Everton
09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
SHUI HU FENG YUN ZHUAN (unl)

Infinite lives

AJ8A-AA7A

Kunze86
09-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Does anyone have sega genesis game genie codes for last action hero i really need infinte time on the game i keep dying and no car damage if thats possibly i appreciate it

Tony H
09-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have sega genesis game genie codes for last action hero i really need infinte time on the game i keep dying and no car damage if thats possibly i appreciate it

Last Action Hero...

ATKA-CA5Y
Infinite time.

Have only tested it for 1 and a half levels, but it seems to work fine.

You mentioned you wanted a "no car damage" code... I'm not very familiar with this game... where in the game do you get car damage?

Kunze86
09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
the driving mission when you run into a car or semi your car gets destroyed and i really need infinte time on levels

Kunze86
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM
i really appreciate the infinte time code thanks alot if you can find the code for car damage you will be a life saver you are already a life saver

vintagegamecrazy
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Tony H there are two stages in the game where you drive a car. Stage 4 and 6 I believe.

Kunze86
09-24-2010, 03:02 PM
is there any codes for the driving stages for genesis for game genie i hate exploding everytime i hit a car or semi

if you can find any it will be greatly appreciated this last action hero game is driving me nuts

bohokii
09-24-2010, 07:37 PM
are there any codes that would let a person start as one of the enemies in golden axe 3 like you select the dude but you end up with the turtle skeleton thing

goldenband
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
This might be helpful:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080405004223/http://www.x-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=16&gameid=8&subid=1&artid=1

Tony H
09-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Kunze86, I've got some good news, and some not so good news. The good news is that I made new codes that let you start on any level, and some new codes for the car levels. The "not so good" news is that I made a code that makes it so your car doesn't explode when you hit other vehicles, but it has a small side effect... If you get behind a car that is completely stopped, you'll be stuck there. So if you use that code, be very careful not to get stuck behind any parked/stopped cars.

Here are all the new Game Genie codes, as well as my older codes. Let me know how they work for you.

Last Action Hero

BABA-CA5C
Infinite lives.

BCBT-CA9E
Infinite energy.

**New codes**

ATKA-CA5Y
Infinite time.

AECA-CAAA
Start on level 2.

AJCA-CAAA
Start on level 3.

ANCA-CAAA
Start on level 4.

ATCA-CAAA
Start on level 5.

AYCA-CAAA
Start on level 6.

A2CA-CAAA
Start on level 7.

AA4T-CA9N
Your car health is fully restored when you get a health pick-up (only on car
levels).

AJ5A-CA6T
Your car won't take any damage from bullets, mines, missiles, etc. (only on car
levels).

AJ3T-CA5G
Your car won't take any damage from side swiping other vehicles (although you
can still blow-up if you rear end another vehicle). (Only on car levels).

AJ5T-CA2W
Your car won't blow-up when you rear end other vehicles. WARNING: If you get
behind a stopped car, you'll be stuck there, so use this code at your own risk.

Kunze86
09-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Tony H u are the man thanks alot i know i hate when those vehicles are stopped i hate getting stuck but i can handle manage those codes are great thanks alot i appreciate that game was drving me bannanas

By any Chance Tony H do you know a game genie cheat for jurassic park on genesis that gets infinte ammo on all guns?

The Jackal
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Kunze, there's some codes here for you:

www.gamegenie.com/cheats/gamegenie/genesis/jur_park.html

Tony H
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM
By any Chance Tony H do you know a game genie cheat for jurassic park on genesis that gets infinte ammo on all guns?

Don't know if a single code is possible for all weapons, but I'll try. Which version do you have... Jurassic Park or Jurassic Park - Rampage Edition?

Tony H
09-28-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm going to assume that you have the regular 'Jurassic Park' version and not the Rampage version, mainly because there's already infinite ammo codes for the Rampage version.

Anyways, at first I thought it was going to take two codes to get true infinite ammo for all the weapons because the blue beam/shocker gun needed two codes... one code for normal short shots, and a second code for when you hold down the fire button and let it charge up. When it's charged up, it uses more ammo. Anyways, I figured out a way to get infinite ammo for all the weapons with only one code. Instead of having your ammo not decrease when you shoot (normal infinite ammo code), I made it so that when you shoot, your ammo count goes up. Your ammo will keep increasing every time you shoot until it gets to 99 (that's where it'll stay).

If you shoot the blue beam/shocker gun fully charged, your ammo count will go down, but all you have to do is shoot it a few times "uncharged" (by just tapping the fire button) and your ammo count will go back up. I figured this would be better than using two separate codes.

Jurassic Park

GGEA-9E0J
Infinite ammo for all weapons. NOTE: Only works on the 'Blue Beam/Shocker' weapon when you do 'short' shots (just tapping the fire button).

Let me know how it works for you.

Kunze86
09-28-2010, 11:38 PM
thank you very much i will try it asap thanks

Kunze86
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any game genie codes for waynes world on sega genesis i been looking and i cant find anything all i find is the codes on super nitendo

Tony H
09-29-2010, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any game genie codes for waynes world on sega genesis i been looking and i cant find anything all i find is the codes on super nitendo

I'll make some Wayne's World GG codes a little later. Did the infinite ammo code for Jurassic Park work OK?

Tony H
09-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Finished the codes...

Wayne's World

BAET-AAAJ
Start with 9 lives.

AAET-AAFY
Infinite lives.

BEET-AAHC
Start with more health.

AJ3T-AA96
Infinite health.

Let me know if they work.

Kunze86
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Thankyou very much they work great

Kunze86
10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Does anyone by any chance know any game genie codes for the power ranger game on sega genesis not the movie version but the mighty morphin power ranger one is there anyway to get all characters?

Tony H
10-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Not exactly what you wanted, but that's all I got for now...

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

CKFT-AA30
Start as Megazord.

Kunze86
10-04-2010, 11:24 PM
yeah like megazord and the green power ranger just all the charcters

KnightWarrior
10-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Tony

Are you going to help me on the Super Mario All Stars ROM for the Debug Code for??

to get the Debug Code on the R4 with the SNES emulator

Tony H
10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Tony

Are you going to help me on the Super Mario All Stars ROM for the Debug Code for??

to get the Debug Code on the R4 with the SNES emulator

As I mentioned before, it looks like that debug code is NOT in the ROM. I'm pretty sure it's in the SRAM file. You might be able to hack your SRAM file... just look for a file with an extension of .SRM (ie. Super Mario All Stars.SRM). You'll probably want to go to offset $0007 and change it to "01" (with a hex editor). Make sure you make a back-up copy before you change it.

One problem you might have... whenever the game is saved, your hack might get overwritten.

Tony H
10-06-2010, 12:17 AM
KnightWarrior, it looks like the SRAM file for SMAS has checksum protection, so hacking it probably won't work without knowing how to correct (or bypass) the checksum.

There appears to be another code that's in the ROM area...

http://wiki.rustedlogic.net/Super_Mario_All-Stars

You should be able to hack that one (008C1E01) into your ROM. If you don't know how, here's a guide I wrote that explains it:

http://codehut.gshi.org/HardCodingSNESGG.txt

Kunze86
10-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Is there any game genie codes for madden 97 and 98 that gives u no salary cap and where you can max out your created players stats?

Tony H
10-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Is there any game genie codes for madden 97 and 98 that gives u no salary cap and where you can max out your created players stats?

There are passwords that let you have no salary cap (see Gamefaqs.com).

Working on the created player stat points code.

Kunze86
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
i tried the password it doesnt work at all i dont know why tho

KnightWarrior
10-07-2010, 06:18 PM
008C1E01 - didn't work Tony :(

I'm using Hex Editor Neo ..

Tony H
10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Kunze, making an infinite stat points code is a little tricky because in order to exit the screen and save the player, the remaining stat points has to equal zero. The best I could do for right now is to make a code that makes each stat point remaining count as two. This will give you twice as many stat points. You will find that you can get as many points as you want by "cheating" a little with the code. When you add a stat point, one point is subtracted from you total, and two points are added to your stat. However, if you remove a point from a stat, only one point is subtracted from that stat. If you keep adding and subtracting from a stat, you can get as many points as you want. Just be careful though, because if you get too many points that way, you won't be able to exit and save (because the remaining stat points has to equal zero). If you get stuck and can't save your player, just exit the screen and start over.

Anyways, here's the code...

Madden NFL 97

JA1A-HJVW
Stat points are worth 2.

As far as the no salary cap code, I have no idea what or where that is in the game.

----------------------

KnightWarrior, I just tried hacking that code (008C1E01) into my SMAS ROM and it worked fine. Are you sure you followed the instructions in the guide I linked to?

KnightWarrior
10-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Just tell me where to hack the ROM

Where to locate 008C1E01

Tony H
10-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Just tell me where to hack the ROM

Where to locate 008C1E01

Learn how to do it... it's easy. It took me about 3 minutes total for the SMAS debugger code.

http://codehut.gshi.org/HardCodingSNESGG.txt

Once you see how easy it is, you'll be hacking all kinds of codes into your ROMs.

KnightWarrior
10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm reading it Tony, But I'm confused :/

I read it like 3 times..I'm not like other people who hack for a living & I got a learning disilibale(sp)

Just show me in the ROM where to hack it

Tony H
10-08-2010, 12:15 AM
$000C1E

Kunze86
10-08-2010, 02:05 AM
thank you cause when i try to get the high paid players by trades and stuff it dont accept them or if i relase them even with a code i still some how go over the cap limit

Kunze86
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I got a big question i was playing zombies ate my neighbors on 2 player for sega and i used the game genie i used get all keys once u have one and get all special items once you have some and i used almost infinite health and i used get infinite ammo once u have a gun and i used the infinite lives cheat the codes worked for both players but when i got on level 4 or 5 or something it gave me a error code what could the error code be about do i need diffrent game genie codes for the game so the error dont happen on that level

Tony H
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I have that game and used lots of Game Genie codes with it and never had any problems. There is only one version of the game, so no potential problems there. If it happens again, write down everything on the screen and post it here.

Kunze86
10-13-2010, 02:21 AM
I was wondering if there is any game genie codes for acme all-stars on sega genesis the looney toon game

Tony H
10-14-2010, 12:04 AM
It looks like there aren't any Game Genie codes for this game. I made a couple GG codes to try out, but you might need a master code. If you try one of these codes and all you get is a blank red screen, let me know and I'll make a master code to fix that. Let me know if these codes work.

I'll make more codes for the game when I hear from you.

Tiny Toon Adventures: Acme All Stars

AM1T-AA3T
When a computer player makes a goal in soccer, they don't get any points.
NOTE: Don't use this code together with the code below (FM1T-AB3W).

FM1T-AB3W
When a computer player makes a goal in soccer, player 1 gets the point.
NOTE: Don't use this code together with the code above (AM1T-AA3T).

Kunze86
10-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Thank you is there any turbo codes for the soccer and basketball or special move codes

greatly appreciated

Kunze86
10-14-2010, 12:55 AM
the acme all star game comes on monday and i will let you know if i will need the mastercode thanks for all the codes but if you can make a turbo code for both basketball and soccer you are a god
thanks alot!!

Kunze86
10-14-2010, 12:56 AM
and the last action hero codes you made for me worked just like you said they worked amazing thanks for all the codes u made for me so far Tony H

Tony H
10-14-2010, 01:28 AM
You're welcome. Glad to hear the codes are working out.

What do you mean by a "turbo" code?

Kunze86
10-14-2010, 01:45 AM
when they play basketball or soccer that little bar that is under there picture during the game that turbo bar i was wondering if there are codes for turbo for soccer and basketball that you could possibly make

Kunze86
10-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Any codes you can make for acme all stars on genesis will be greatly appreciated codes for infinte energy or turbo or any codes for levels anything you can make will help me out alot thanks

Kunze86
10-20-2010, 01:46 AM
the two codes you gave me worked excellent Tony H thanks it didnt need a master code i was wondering if you could make a basketball one where the computer scores dont count like the soccer one u made. And i was wondering if you could also make a infinte special move code like dizzy devil does that spin and then the special goes out i was wondering if you could make my team to get an infinte special only. cuz i hate doing my special move with the characters and it running out then i have to wait for ever to get it back if you can help me you will be the greatest thanks

Tony H
10-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I was not able to make the "infinite special moves" code. I made a code that didn't subtract any energy from the energy/special moves bar, but the players only got to use their special move once. It was going to take too much time to figure out the problem.

I did make the first code you wanted...

AJ6A-CA8R
The computer players won't score any points in basketball.

Kunze86
10-21-2010, 12:12 AM
damn that sucks but if you can figure the infinte special move sometime that would be great thanks for the basketball code do you got any for infinite shot clock thanks alot

Tony H
10-21-2010, 09:29 PM

AT9T-CA9J
The shot clock doesn't count down (in basketball).

Kunze86
10-22-2010, 02:14 PM
thanks alot tony h for the shot clock code you helped me out alot thanks

The Jackal
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Tony, is there any possibility you could make a code for QuackShot for the Disney Collection (E) so you can start the game with the green plunger?

I've been trying for months to do myself; but I've had no luck.

Cheers.

Tony H
10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Tony, is there any possibility you could make a code for QuackShot for the Disney Collection (E) so you can start the game with the green plunger?

I've been trying for months to do myself; but I've had no luck.

Cheers.

Good news... I think I figured out a way to make your code. I found some plunger PAR/RAM codes someone made for Quackshot (not the Disney Collection version). There's a good chance that the RAM address will be different for Quackshot and Disney Collection Quackshot. So what I can do is make a Game Genie code for Quackshot, then port over that code to the Disney Collection version. Shouldn't take too long.

Tony H
10-28-2010, 01:09 AM
RAM address was the same for both versions, so wasn't to difficult to make the Game Genie codes.

Disney Collection - Castle of Illusion & Quack Shot (E)

NOTE: These codes have only been tested on the European (E) version.

Quack Shot codes...

CX2A-6A24
Master Code (may or may not be needed on real hardware). Use if you get a
blank/red screen.

AFKA-VA94
Start with the red plunger.

AKKA-VA94
Start with the green plunger.

MBLT-TEAA
Red and green plungers stick to walls twice as long.

=========================

The 3rd code (plungers stick twice as long) has one small/possible side effect. The game only allows 6 plungers on the screen at the same time, so if you use all 6 plungers to climb up a wall, you may have to wait a few seconds for one of the plungers to disappear before you can use another plunger. I tested it and it wasn't any problem for me. If you find that you need more than 6 plungers at once, let me know and I can probably make a code to increase that. The other codes (start with red/green plungers) seem to work fine.

If you are using real hardware, please let me know if you needed the master code.

The Jackal
10-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I tested the codes on real hardware and I can confirm they work 100% perfect without the master code.

Thanks again!

Tony H
10-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Made a couple more codes for Disney Collection - Quack Shot (E)

EB5T-TAAT
Donald jumps a little higher.

JB5T-TAAT
Donald jumps much higher.

Everton
11-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I need a Master Code for Red Zone. Could someone do this, please?

Tony H
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I need a Master Code for Red Zone. Could someone do this, please?

Just finished the Master Code for Red Zone...

AVPT-NA9T
Master Code

You'll also notice that it makes the game load MUCH faster.

Let me know if it works for you.

Also, are you using real hardware, or an emulator?

The Jackal
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Made a couple more codes for Disney Collection - Quack Shot (E)

EB5T-TAAT
Donald jumps a little higher.

JB5T-TAAT
Donald jumps much higher.

Sorry for taking my time, but I just tried them and they work brillantly on real hardware. Thanks again!

Everton
11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
The master code for the Red Zone works very well on real hardware.

But I have another problem:

"Gargoyles - Infinite Lives : 5MJT-AAFR"

This code does not work on the second level of the game...
Can someone fix it??

Tony H
11-05-2010, 08:04 PM
The master code for the Red Zone works very well on real hardware.

But I have another problem:

"Gargoyles - Infinite Lives : 5MJT-AAFR"

This code does not work on the second level of the game...
Can someone fix it??

Check my website (the link is in my sig below). My infinite lives Game Genie code is different than the one you listed above. Let me know if you have any problems with mine.

KnightWarrior
11-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Tony

I tryed this like 7 years ago on my Game Gear with the Master Gear with Sonic on the Master System

I hook up the GG Game Genie with the Master Gear & Sonic..I haven't had any luck making codes

it might be possible to look or codes on the SMS version of Sonic to work on the GG with the Master Gear Converter

Tony H
11-12-2010, 09:20 PM
KnightWarrior, I've never made any codes for SMS or Game Gear, so I can't help much.

KnightWarrior
12-21-2010, 02:43 AM
Is there a level select cheat for Bonk's Adventure TG16??

Tony H
12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Is there a level select cheat for Bonk's Adventure TG16??

http://www.thegshi.org/?s=v2&sys=51&gid=8235

Joe Redifer
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Is there a code which will let me see the end of Road Rash? Even with a password that puts me in first place with only the last race to go and any of the available Game Genie codes out there, the last race is still impossible to complete in 4th place or above.

KnightWarrior
12-22-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.thegshi.org/?s=v2&sys=51&gid=8235

I'm using Ootake. How do I put the cheat in there??

Tony H
12-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Joe, you're not alone... I've played Road Rash probably 50 times, and have never beat the game to see the ending. If you're using an emulator (or have a PAR), one of these should help: http://www.thegshi.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=3&gid=4796

If you're using real hardware, let me know and I'll see if I can make a Game Genie code that lets you always finish in 1st place.

=======================

KnightWarrior, I think those codes are for a TG-16 emulator called Magic Engine.

KnightWarrior
12-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Tony - I know how to input the codes in Ootake

Is there anyways to input more codes on Ootake?? "Write Memory" only has 1 line for 1 code

Tony H
12-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Tony - I know how to input the codes in Ootake

Is there anyways to input more codes on Ootake?? "Write Memory" only has 1 line for 1 code

I've never used Ootake before.

The Jackal
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Tony, is there chance you try doing a code for a level modifier for the US version of The Terminator? I'm thinking there might be deleted levels in the game's rom and I've stomped.

Cheers.

Joe Redifer
12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Tony, I am using real hardware. I have a password that I got from GameFAQS that has every race on level 5 completed in 1st except Sierra Nevada. The only codes out of the existing ones that are of any help are the no damage when hit by oncoming traffic and road signs.

A code to always finish first would be great. So would not being able to get hit or fall off, if possible! I've owned this game since it was originally released and it has always gotten the best of me.

Tony H
12-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Jackal, what do you mean by a 'level modifier' code? Do you mean a level select code so you can see if there are any hidden levels?

Joe, if you can, try using this code FF1EAE:34 on an emulator with all level 5 tracks beaten except one (via a password). Turn that code on shortly after you start the race and you will instantly win. Then you can see the ending.

It's going to be a while before I can start working on the GG codes (busy at Christmas time).

EDIT: Aether Knight made the FF1EAE:34 code.

Tony H
12-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Good news Joe, I was able to figure out a Game Genie code for you...

Road Rash

AA1T-CABJ
Always win 1st place.

Only had time to test it on one race, so let me know if it works OK.

hsm47
12-23-2010, 10:49 PM
hey everyone, i'm new to this site, and i just wana say that its great to see that there are people dedicated to finding and making game genie codes for sega genesis/megadrive, i have visited your site before to look up codes that were IMPOSSIBLE to find in other places (i would google the title of the game and hope that i would be lucky enough to find the codes i was looking for). Further more, i would like to request for codes for the folowing games:

-dr. robotniks mean bean machine
-sonic spinball
-super hang-on
-both tiny toon adventures (buster's hidden treasure/acme all-stars)
-tom and jerry

i know im asking for alot, but i have looked for these codes countless times before and have gotten nothing in return...please help :)

Tony H
12-23-2010, 11:59 PM
I made some really good Game Genie codes for Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine. You can find them on my web site:

http://www.angelfire.com/games2/codehut/
or
http://codehut.gshi.org/

I also made some Game Genie codes for Sonic Spinball, Tom and Jerry, and maybe the others (they're on my site).

EDIT: Here are new codes that I haven't put on my site yet...

AM1T-AA3T
The computer players won't score any points in soccer. NOTE: Don't use this
code together with the code below (FM1T-AB3W).

FM1T-AB3W
When a computer player makes a goal in soccer, player 1 gets the point.
NOTE: Don't use this code together with the code above (AM1T-AA3T).

AJ6A-CA8R
The computer players won't score any points in basketball.

AT9T-CA9J
The shot clock doesn't count down (in basketball).

The Jackal
12-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Jackal, what do you mean by a 'level modifier' code? Do you mean a level select code so you can see if there are any hidden levels?

There's already a level select of sorts via the debug menu that Whipon found over at Gshi; I have reason to believe there *might* be levels though that you can't access from it, so a code(s) that lets you modifiy the level you begin on is what I'm after.

BTW, there's no rush, so have a happy Christmas.

Thanks!

Tony H
12-24-2010, 12:20 PM
There's already a level select of sorts via the debug menu that Whipon found over at Gshi; I have reason to believe there *might* be levels though that you can't access from it, so a code(s) that lets you modifiy the level you begin on is what I'm after.

Thanks!

There's a stage select code here: http://www.thegshi.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=3&gid=4239

It says to use values from 0 to 5, but values from 8 up appear to work as well (maybe different difficulties?).

The Jackal
12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
There's a stage select code here: http://www.thegshi.org/?s=bsfree2&sys=3&gid=4239

It says to use values from 0 to 5, but values from 8 up appear to work as well (maybe different difficulties?).

Thank you! I'll give this a try now!

Cheers!

Everton
12-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Dynamite Duke (JU) !

BTYA-AA9N - Full-auto weapon lasts until next stage

Doesn't work, can someone fix it??

Tony H
12-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Everton, a couple questions...

1) Are you playing on real hardware, or an emulator?
2) Have any of the official Galoob Game Genie codes for Dynamite Duke worked for you?

I've tried a few of the official GG codes, and so far, none of them have worked. If fact, when I tried this code: AJYT-AA6A Infinite machine gun ammo, it freezes the game, and each time I press the start button, the game actually shows all of the 68000 registers (looks like a built-in debugger). Strange. Does the same thing happen when you use that code?

Joe Redifer
12-25-2010, 01:13 AM
That's awesome, Tony, thanks! I hope to get a chance to try that code in the next day or two. I'll post back with the result.

Everton
12-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I've tried a few of the official GG codes, and so far, none of them have worked. If fact, when I tried this code: AJYT-AA6A Infinite machine gun ammo, it freezes the game, and each time I press the start button, the game actually shows all of the 68000 registers (looks like a built-in debugger). Strange. Does the same thing happen when you use that code?

It's the same problem here.

I'm using real hardware and none of them have worked!!!

Tony H
12-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Everton, the problem is that there are 2 different versions of the game, and it looks like there are only codes for one version.

Pick out 5 or so codes you want from the 45 official codes, and I'll port them over to work on your version.

Everton
12-25-2010, 05:07 PM
BTYA-AA9N - Full-auto weapon lasts until next stage

G2YT-AA3J - Magnum pistol lasts until next stage

CJYT-AA4N - Bazooka lasts until next stage

NV2A-AABG - Flak jacket much more protective

JB2A-AAC0 - First aid restores life gauge to full

And if possible a code to start the stage already equipped with Full-auto weapon.

Tony H
12-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Here are the converted codes. Let me know if they work. I was having trouble making the last code you wanted, even though it should be relatively easy to make. I'll try coming back to that one tomorrow after a good nights sleep.

Dynamite Duke (alternate version codes)

BTYA-AA92
Full-auto weapon lasts until next stage.

G2YT-AA3Y
Magnum pistol lasts until next stage.

CJYT-AA42
Bazooka lasts until next stage.

NV1A-AAC8
Flak jacket much more protective.

JB1A-AAER
First aid fully restores life gauge.

Everton
12-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Thank you very much, worked perfectly!!!

Everton
01-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Splatterhouse 3

B45A-AA8C + B5ET-AA2L - Power is not lost when you are mutated and you clear the room of enemies

C4XT-EA7W - Clock does not run

These codes generate a bug in the game that makes you go straight to level 3 without passing through the 2. Can someone fix this???

Furnessly
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I need a few cheat codes if they exist for something that I usually do:

A cheat in Strider that disables the cipher (Hiryu's sword slash) due to that the sprite blocks Hiryu.
A cheat on getting either a high score or a low time so you become top of the podium on an event in Winter Olympics (known as Olympic Winter Games: Lillehammer 94 on GoodGen) and whether there is a cheat to display the small [unused?] sprites of the Moguls and Biathelon. Either the J or the E ROM if there are any differences, which one is easiest and more useful.

Also I doubt it but is there a code to display the sprite viewer in Street Fighter 2: SCE? It is because the shadows obstruct the characters feet and I tried to remove that in ROM but the game is hard coded. Apart from Izzy's Quest, Bare Knuckle 2 Beta and a hacked Streets of Rage 2 ROM, I don't know any Mega Drive games with a sprite viewer.

I think of some more in the future when needed.

Tony H
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Splatterhouse 3

B45A-AA8C + B5ET-AA2L - Power is not lost when you are mutated and you clear the room of enemies

C4XT-EA7W - Clock does not run

These codes generate a bug in the game that makes you go straight to level 3 without passing through the 2. Can someone fix this???

Do you mean when you use all 3 codes together, or individually?

If the "Clock does not run" code causes that problem by itself, try this code...

RGXT-E6ZW - Clock does not run???

That code does stop the clock, but I have no idea if it fixes the bug or not.

EDIT:
Galoob (the people who made the Game Genie) made the codes you posted. Their "Clock" code branches (jumps) $16 bytes ahead. Galoob probably did that for a reason. The code I posted doesn't jump ahead at all. I don't have time to make an assembly trace to see what's actually going on in the programming, so the code I posted was just a shot in the dark. Let me know if it works.

Everton
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
"Thunder Force III

AKAT-AA8R - Keep special weapon power when you lose a fighter"

I need this for Thunder Force IV plz...

EDIT:
The problem occurs if I set any of the three codes and your code does not fix the problem

Tony H
01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
"Thunder Force III

AKAT-AA8R - Keep special weapon power when you lose a fighter"

I need this for Thunder Force IV plz...

http://codehut.gshi.org/GenMultiGGq.txt

Tony H
01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I need a few cheat codes if they exist for something that I usually do:

A cheat in Strider that disables the cipher (Hiryu's sword slash) due to that the sprite blocks Hiryu.
A cheat on getting either a high score or a low time so you become top of the podium on an event in Winter Olympics (known as Olympic Winter Games: Lillehammer 94 on GoodGen) and whether there is a cheat to display the small [unused?] sprites of the Moguls and Biathelon. Either the J or the E ROM if there are any differences, which one is easiest and more useful.

Also I doubt it but is there a code to display the sprite viewer in Street Fighter 2: SCE? It is because the shadows obstruct the characters feet and I tried to remove that in ROM but the game is hard coded. Apart from Izzy's Quest, Bare Knuckle 2 Beta and a hacked Streets of Rage 2 ROM, I don't know any Mega Drive games with a sprite viewer.

You mentioned "cheats" and "codes". Are you looking for controller/button cheats, Game Genie codes, or PAR codes?

EDIT: Also, you mentioned either the J or E ROM for Olympic Winter Games. Is there a reason you don't want codes/cheats for the "U" version?

Everton
01-28-2011, 11:56 AM
http://codehut.gshi.org/GenMultiGGq.txt

Thanks

Everton
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Aero Blasters (JU)

ALKT-AA6C + ALSA-AA6C - Keep your fire power when you lose a fighter

Not fully tested but I think it's working

Furnessly
02-02-2011, 08:38 PM
You mentioned "cheats" and "codes". Are you looking for controller/button cheats, Game Genie codes, or PAR codes?

EDIT: Also, you mentioned either the J or E ROM for Olympic Winter Games. Is there a reason you don't want codes/cheats for the "U" version?

I'm looking for Game Genie codes, but failing that then PAR codes.

As for the type of version and at the time I didn't have access to the U version but now that I do, it doesn't matter which version (just the one that benefits to the most people). Sorry it took so long to reply.

bohokii
02-03-2011, 03:32 PM
i'd love a turn off oil slick affecting on championship pro am

Tony H
02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm looking for Game Genie codes, but failing that then PAR codes.

As for the type of version and at the time I didn't have access to the U version but now that I do, it doesn't matter which version (just the one that benefits to the most people). Sorry it took so long to reply.

It looks like there weren't any Game Genie codes for this game. Lets fix that...

Olympic Winter Games

These codes will work on the "E" or "U" versions. Didn't test the "J" version.

AMPA-EA50
Stops the timer for player 1 in the Mogul event.

SHCT-FE16
Timer runs at half speed on Downhill, Super G, Giant Slalom, and Slalom events.

AXCT-EA96
Stops the timer on Downhill, Super G, Giant Slalom, and Slalom events.

=================

bohokii, I'll see if I can make that code for Championship Pro Am.

EDIT: Have you seen these codes?... http://codehut.gshi.org/GenMultiGGi.txt

bohokii
02-04-2011, 12:17 AM
bohokii, I'll see if I can make that code for Championship Pro Am.

EDIT: Have you seen these codes?... http://codehut.gshi.org/GenMultiGGi.txt

yep basically i can get to a certain point in the game i think level 24 and the racers are all masters now and the place is littered with oilslicks

i love infintite ammo and continues

Royce
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
hey Tony H a while back you posted the debug code for Sonic 2. All it does on my game genie is make the demo videos play over and over. Could you tell me what the code is for the other version?

Tony H
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM
hey Tony H a while back you posted the debug code for Sonic 2. All it does on my game genie is make the demo videos play over and over. Could you tell me what the code is for the other version?

This should work...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (REV00)

AE7T-AAEN
Enable debugger. When the game starts, Press B, then
press A to cycle through all the different items in the
game, and press C to place that item on the screen.
Press B again to start playing on your newly created
level.

Tony H
02-04-2011, 10:16 PM
i'd love a turn off oil slick affecting on championship pro am

Just finished it...

Championship Pro-Am

EKKA-AA6C
Don't spin out when you hit oil slicks.

Tony H
02-05-2011, 01:36 AM
One more...

Championship Pro-Am

RE3A-A6VA
The CPU cars don't move (you'll always win 1st place).

KnightWarrior
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Tony, I need Game Genis Codes for

Adventure Island for the Game Boy & NES

Select Stage for AI, AI 2, 3 & 4 on the NES, AI 1 & 2 Game Boy & Super AI Super NES

Tony H
02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
I believe most of those games have simple controller cheats to access all the levels/stages.

KnightWarrior
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
yes I know about that..I just wondering if you could make some GG Codes for me

Tony H
02-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Are you using a console or emulators?

bohokii
02-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Just finished it...

Championship Pro-Am

EKKA-AA6C
Don't spin out when you hit oil slicks.

thanks heaps

GelmiR
02-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Tony, are you also the one who made (some) of the codes in the official Game Genie code book? Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the last Outlander codes you provided. Haven't been around for a while... But I've gotten a bunch of new games I'm going to test this evening, so I'll also test the last Outlander cheats :)

KnightWarrior
02-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Are you using a console or emulators?

Ok Tony, It's for both..but the emulator I'm using it's for the PS2 & the DS

I know I could use the Button Cheats for the NES & GB AI
and the password for Adventure Island 2 for the GB
The only game I'm using on a emulator only is Adventure Island 4
the Geme Genie Code is for the Real Hardware..
for Super Adventure Island 2 for the Super NES,Adventure Island 2 for the Game Boy & Adventure Island 4 dosen't have button cheats

Tony H
02-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm going to narrow this way down...

There are already Level select Game Genie codes for Super Adventure Island for SNES: http://www.gshi.org/?s=v2&sys=24&gid=2779&sid=1791

I haven't made any Gameboy GG codes in ages, so I can't help you there.

There's already an Adventure Island 2 debug code that lets you select levels: http://www.gshi.org/?s=v2&sys=5&gid=4238

There's already level select codes for Adventure Island 3: http://www.gshi.org/?s=v2&sys=5&gid=4239

And there's already a test mode code for Adventure Island 4 that lets you select levels: http://www.gshi.org/?s=v2&sys=5&gid=4240

Adventure Island 1 (NES) has controller/button cheats posted on the internet, but I can't get it to work, and several people on line have said it doesn't work for them either. I went ahead and made several level select Game Genie codes for this one.

One interesting note... by modifying the codes below, you can find all kinds of undiscovered levels. I posted 3 codes with new/weird levels, but I'm sure there are lots more. Use the guide in the code book to modify the codes, or just start changing the first 2 letters in the code. Note that the weird/new levels are short, but kinda cool.

Adventure Island (Hudson's) NES

PANEPAAA
Start on area 2.

ZANEPAAA
Start on area 3.

LANEPAAA
Start on area 4.

GANEPAAA
Start on area 5.

IANEPAAA
Start on area 6.

TANEPAAA
Start on area 7.

YANEPAAA
Start on area 8.

PEEAZAAA
Use this code with any of the codes above and you will start on round 2.

ZEEAZAAA
Use this code with any of the codes above and you will start on round 3.

LEEAZAAA
Use this code with any of the codes above and you will start on round 4.

PANEPAAE
Start on weird level, then warp to area 3, round 1.

ZANEPAAE
Start on weird level, then warp to area 4, round 1.

IANEPAAE
Start on weird level, then warp to area 7, round 1.

MEGADRIVE Jeroi
02-19-2011, 06:49 AM
I would enjoy Snake Rattle 'n' Roll codes.

Infinite lives
level jumps

Tony H
02-19-2011, 12:12 PM
I would enjoy Snake Rattle 'n' Roll codes.

Infinite lives
level jumps

Which system?

And I assume you want Game Genie codes?

cheaterdragon1
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Does anyone have a code that makes Michael Jackson invisible in Moonwalker?

Tony H
04-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Do you mean invincible or invisible?

cheaterdragon1
04-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Do you mean invincible or invisible?

Invisible. I want to make his sprite invisible so I can map out the two missing levels from gamefaqs.

vintagegamecrazy
05-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Tony H can you create several codes for the Sega Genesis game The Ooze? There's only PAR codes on your site. I need some GG codes since I want to write a review for the game. Can you do infinite lives and health/damage? That would all be great. Stage select and DNA codes if you could make them too.

Thanks.

The Jackal
05-10-2011, 05:09 AM
There's a in-game code for a Stage Select:

http://tcrf.net/images/5/52/The_Ooze_Genesis_secret_menu.png

In options, without changing the default control method, go to the top of the screen to the sound test area. Set the following audio numbers, and press C after each entry:

"Yes!" sound effect confirms it was entered correctly.

Now, hold A and press Start to open the menu. It can also be opened anytime during gameplay.

Tony H
05-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Tony H can you create several codes for the Sega Genesis game The Ooze? There's only PAR codes on your site. I need some GG codes since I want to write a review for the game. Can you do infinite lives and health/damage? That would all be great. Stage select and DNA codes if you could make them too.

Thanks.

I'll make some codes for The Ooze shortly. One question though... what is a DNA code?

EDIT: Looks like there's an in-game level select, so I'll skip those codes. Thanks for the info Jackal.

vintagegamecrazy
05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Each world has 10 different DNA icons to find but they can be very difficult to locate. A code for them to already be collected would be cool.

Tony H
05-11-2011, 12:52 AM
I have no idea where the DNA things are, so no codes for them. I might spend some more time playing the game and trying to figure out what they are, and where they're located, and then make some codes. No guarantees.

For now...

The Ooze

ABWA-AADC
Infinite lives.

vintagegamecrazy
05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the infinite live code. That's going to help me immensely with reviewing the game for you guys here on the site. Look forward to it soon.

Could you make a few more codes for me? You may have to experiment with them but I'd like a code to not lose any ooze from enemy fire or shots. Also if your head takes a direct hit from enemy fire you die instantly, an invincibility code for that would be great too. There are also many holes/vents in the terrain as well as other obstacles like fan blades that will kill you instantly too. Invincibility against those would be grand too.

Thanks a bunch.

KnightWarrior
08-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Can anyone find Multi-language Games..like

on the JPN Mega Drive
Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Keeps the Game in US region
Bare Knuckle 2 - Forces the Streets of Rage 2 Title & Engish Text
Bare Knuckle - Streets of Rage Title & Engish Text
Streets of Rage 3 - Bypass Code

on the Genesis
Bare Knuckle 2 - Forces Japan Region
Streets of Rage - Bare Knuckle & Japanese Text

Tony H
08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm having PC problems right now, but if no one else makes the codes, I'll take a look at 'em when I can.

KnightWarrior
09-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks, Tony

Super Mario Bros. Special - NES

I want codes like

timer counts up instead of down
jump as high as you want
mario can swim everywhere
Infinite Lives
Infinite Time

Tony H
09-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks, Tony

Super Mario Bros. Special - NES

I want codes like

timer counts up instead of down
jump as high as you want
mario can swim everywhere
Infinite Lives
Infinite Time

Most of those codes have already been made...

http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/5657-Super-Mario-Bros.-Special-NES

KnightWarrior
09-23-2011, 03:42 AM
yep..I got them

KnightWarrior
11-07-2011, 11:17 PM
How about Pressing Down to get the 2600 Game like the PAR code FF5879:FF

or even replacing "Info" as the 2600 Game on the Genesis Version

Tony H
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Genesis)

8FAV-HAHE
Press DOWN at the title screen to play the 2600 Game.

Tony H
11-14-2011, 08:49 PM
More codes for Pitfall...

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

835V-D97C
Jump much higher when standing still.

ABBB-HP2L
Press B at the title screen for level select. After you press B, press Up
or Down to select level, then press Start.

8FAV-GJHE
Press C at the title screen to play the 2600 version of Pitfall.

The codes below are for the 2600 version...

R02B-G6W8
Walk thru walls (2600 version).

AWSV-GA74
Infinite time (2600 version).

AWSV-GA4R
Infinite lives (2600 version).

KnightWarrior
12-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Gradius III (GG) - SNES

Is there a Game Genie Code for keeping what Power-Up's you collect after you die??

goldenband
01-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Is there a Game Genie code for Shaq Fu to force the Duel mode to select a particular opponent first, instead of using the random selection that appears to be the default? As far as I can tell there's no way to practice against a specific opponent without resetting over and over again until you get the one you want.

djshok
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Can anyone write a Higher Jump code for the Genesis pirate game A Bug's Life?

Tony H
03-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Can anyone write a Higher Jump code for the Genesis pirate game A Bug's Life?

This game does not seem to run on Gens. Here's a GG code to fix that, as well as some jump codes...

AAAT-AGBL
Allows the game to run on Gens emulator.

WCYA-CACW
Jump much higher while standing still

WCZA-CAE0
Jump much higher while running.

Note: The jump codes can be easily adjusted for higher or lower jumps.

djshok, are you playing this on real hardware, or on an emulator?

P.S. I posted this on 3/14/12 (there was a looong delay the last time I posted here). :-)

Bimboboop
03-28-2012, 06:11 PM
HI everyone ... Tony H, please can you help me with this?, i bought the only PAL game "TinTin in Tibet" and I tried to use it whit an action replay, but it seems the game has a region lock, since the game intro loads, but after that a lock message appears, do you think you can help whit this whit a code? I have both GAME GENIE and ACTION REPLAY (first version i think) for my NTSC-U SNES

Tony H
03-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I've never done any regional bypass codes for the SNES before, but if I can get my SNES debugger to cooperate, I'll see if I can make a code for you. No guarantees.

Tony.

P.S. Posted on 3/28/12

Tony H
03-28-2012, 10:37 PM
It looks like my SNES emulator/debugger doesn't have an option for different regions, so I can't make the code.

Kunze86
04-12-2012, 12:36 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to make a code for Tiny Toon Acme All-stars for infinite special???

Tony H
04-13-2012, 12:15 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to make a code for Tiny Toon Acme All-stars for infinite special???

I assume this is for Genesis? When you say "Infinite special", do you mean the bar below each character's picture at the bottom of the screen for soccer and basketball? If so, give this code a try and let me know if it works.

RF2T-C6XT
Infinite special moves.

If you get a blank/red screen when using the code above, use this code as well...
CTBT-AA4J

djshok
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM
This game does not seem to run on Gens. Here's a GG code to fix that, as well as some jump codes...

AAAT-AGBL
Allows the game to run on Gens emulator.

WCYA-CACW
Jump much higher while standing still

WCZA-CAE0
Jump much higher while running.

Note: The jump codes can be easily adjusted for higher or lower jumps.

djshok, are you playing this on real hardware, or on an emulator?

P.S. I posted this on 3/14/12 (there was a looong delay the last time I posted here). :-)

DUDE!!! You rock so much for this. This is totally going to make this game actually playable and fun! Sorry about the very delayed reply and thanks, I wasn't sure if you were ever coming back here, so I didn't check this thread too often. But damn man, thank you!!!

KnightWarrior
05-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators (U) PAR/GG - Genesis

Cheat Menu - Press [C, B, A, Start] four times at the Sega logo to display the cheat menu screen.

The Jackal
05-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators (U) PAR/GG - Genesis

Cheat Menu - Press [C, B, A, Start] four times at the Sega logo to display the cheat menu screen.

You can access the Cheat menu easily.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9493/screenshotfrom201205231.png

As soon as you see the Sega logo, screen press: C,B,A,START,C,B,A,START,C,B,A,START,C,B,A,START - if you did it right, the following message will appear. Note: You will need to be somewhat quick at inputting the code; if the screen change to the Virgin logo, you'll need to reset.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9493/screenshotfrom201205231.png

After that, the Cheat/debug menu will appear:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9493/screenshotfrom201205231.png

Press A to toggle on "Infinite Lives" (Really god mode/invincibility), B to change starting level, C to turn on/off "Photo Frame" (Not tested, but I'd say frame skip/slow-motion) and START to return to the titles screen.

KnightWarrior
05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not as fast, I just want a Code for it

Tony H
05-24-2012, 12:57 AM
I could not get that button code to work for me. Do you press C B A START all at the same time, or separate? The Sega logo is there for 3 seconds. Not much time.

Anyways, since I couldn't get the cheat menu button code to work, I couldn't make a Game Genie code to enable it. But I made another code that may help...

Global Gladiators...

79DA-2CCE
SEGA logo stays on the screen much longer (around 11 seconds instead of 3). Also affects other screens at start-up.

You didn't ask for this code, but this code shortens the "extra lives" button cheat (normally AAABBBCCCCBA)

WW9A-2VX6
Pause the game and press A, then unpause and you'll get an extra life.

If I can figure out how to get the cheat menu to work, I'll make a better code. Let me know if the codes above help/work.

P.S. I posted this on 5/23/12 (there's always a long delay before they put my posts up).

The Jackal
05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
You have enter to the button sequence of C, then B, then A, then START four times in a row (do not press them together!)- the Sega screen stays around longer for you to enter the code if you get the sequence right.

But anyway, here are some save states that should help (made with Kega Fusion and the U Good Gen rom):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ip7pk - For the menu.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1sw7j1 - Just after the code is successful.

Tony H
05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info Jackal. Finally figured out what the problem was... I must have had my controller/keyboard input configured wrong. Got the cheat to work on the first try. Back to work on the GG code.

The Jackal
05-24-2012, 07:59 PM
No prob, mate. Good luck.

KnightWarrior
05-24-2012, 11:45 PM
I got the code..I had to slow it down...

I still want the Game Genie Code Tony..

Also a Jump High Code for the same game

Tony H
05-25-2012, 01:53 AM
No luck on the cheat menu code, but here are the jump codes you wanted...

Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators

FBYT-2AFW
High jump.

DBYT-2AFW
Super high jump.

As with most "jump" Game Genie codes, you can easily modify the code to jump as high as you want.

And here's a PAR code that does the same thing as the "infinite lives" option on the cheat menu...

FF0074:FF
Invincibility and infinite lives.

P.S. I found that one reason why I couldn't get the cheat menu code to work (C,B,A,START), is that I was entering it too fast. Actually very easy once you figure out the right speed (not too fast, not too slow).

KnightWarrior
05-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Awww..Keep on trying

Is there any Codes for Street Fighter 2 CE Rainbow Edition on the Genesis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONm1rho-_0&feature=related

goldenband
05-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Tony H, if you're willing to take a crack at my Shaq-Fu (http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?148-Official-New-Game-Genie-Code-Thread&p=437885&viewfull=1#post437885) request, that'd be awesome. Of course if I'm overlooking something and the functionality I seek is otherwise available, feel free to let me know. :)

(And if you refuse to work on Shaq-Fu for reasons of principle, I understand!...but I would like to finally bring that game to ruin.)

Tony H
05-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Tony H, if you're willing to take a crack at my Shaq-Fu (http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?148-Official-New-Game-Genie-Code-Thread&p=437885&viewfull=1#post437885) request, that'd be awesome. Of course if I'm overlooking something and the functionality I seek is otherwise available, feel free to let me know. :)

(And if you refuse to work on Shaq-Fu for reasons of principle, I understand!...but I would like to finally bring that game to ruin.)

Give these a try and let me know if I have the right codes for the right opponents (didn't have time to test every code). I included Game Genie and PAR codes. I also made an "improved" master code. You'll find that it's a lot better than the "official" master code in the Game Genie code book. It makes the game load MUCH faster. Not needed if using the PAR code.

Shaq Fu (Genesis/MD)

R15C-86V4
Improved master code. Use this code if you get a blank screen and the game
won't run when using the codes below. This code will also make the game load
much faster.

AVAT-AA3E
Always fight Shaq in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + AFAT-BA3C
Always fight Mephis in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + AKAT-BA3C
Always fight Sett in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + APAT-BA3C
Always fight Nezu in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + AVAT-BA3C
Always fight Kaori in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + AZAT-BA3C
Always fight Beast in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + A3AT-BA3C
Always fight Auroch in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + A7AT-BA3C
Always fight Voodoo in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + BBAT-BA3C
Always fight Colonel in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + BFAT-BA3C
Always fight Diesel in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + BKAT-BA3C
Always fight Leotsu in duel mode.

AVAT-AA3E + BPAT-BA3C
Always fight Rajah in duel mode.

PAR Codes....

FFEAD9:xx

Always fight xx in duel mode. Note that the cut screen may not show the
actual opponent you're going to fight.

00 = Shaq
01 = Mephis
02 = Sett
03 = Nezu
04 = Kaori
05 = Beast
06 = Auroch
07 = Voodoo
08 = Colonel
09 = Diesel
0A = Leotsu
0B = Rajah

The Jackal
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Is there any Codes for Street Fighter 2 CE Rainbow Edition on the Genesis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONm1rho-_0&feature=related

There is no Genesis version; that's a bootleg version of the Arcade game.

KnightWarrior
05-28-2012, 03:51 AM
I know that, I'm just wondering about some codes to make it like the Rainbow Set 1

Tony - Can you help me on something

Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition

xxBA-F73E Light fireballs go slower - I'm trying to make it so the fireball goes slowest...but I cant get it

AC3T-CAGE Allows special moves in mid-air - Can you find a code that's almost like the Crazy Mid Air code for the SNES Street Fighter 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbbeznSAAjs

Tony H
05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Knightwarrior, there are certain rules you have to follow when modifying that code (xxBA-F73E Light fireballs go slower).

1) The first digit of the code can be changed to ANY of the characters in the Game Genie code screen: ABCDEFGHJKLMNPRSTVWXYZ0123456789.

2) The second digit of the code can ONLY be changed to one of these characters: DHMSX159.

Give that a try.

KnightWarrior
05-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I'll try it again

Did you find the Crazy Air Moves, like on the SNES Street Fighter 2??

goldenband
05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Give these a try and let me know if I have the right codes for the right opponents (didn't have time to test every code). I included Game Genie and PAR codes. I also made an "improved" master code. You'll find that it's a lot better than the "official" master code in the Game Genie code book. It makes the game load MUCH faster. Not needed if using the PAR code.

Hey, thanks for giving this a shot. Unfortunately, I tried the enemy codes for fighting Shaq, Nezu, and Colonel, and none of them seemed to be working. :( I'd just get a random enemy, and it'd still be random even after a console reset (i.e. not the same enemy).

Also, the master code doesn't appear to help the boot time, nor is it necessary to boot the game. Here's what I found, measuring the boot time up to the "SEGA" splash screen:

no Game Genie - ~4 sec.
with Game Genie - ~7 sec. (is the difference here because the checksum routine is already running during the TMSS screen?)
with Game Genie + any code - ~11 sec.

All this is on a Model 2 Genesis, BTW.

What was the "official" master code for Shaq-Fu? My Game Genie code book is too old, it appears, to include one for the game. Also, I assume it's not fouling anything up that I'm using a six-button controller, or that I'm changing the difficulty to Expert after bootup?

Tony H
05-29-2012, 08:25 PM
KnightWarrior, I'm not going to make that "crazy air moves" code. Too much time involved to figure it out on the SNES, and then convert it over to the Genesis.

goldenband, this is very strange. I just tried the codes again and they worked perfectly, even in expert mode. I assume you're using the "Duel" mode?

I checked my ROM source, and there is only one ROM for Shaq-fu.

You mentioned that your cart doesn't need a master code? Very odd. Maybe you have a pirated cart or a different version that has not been dumped yet. Here is a link to the "official" Galoob master code, as well as all of the official GG codes: http://gamehacking.org/?s=v2&sys=16&gid=2929 Do any of those codes work on your cart?

KnightWarrior
05-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Aww :(

that's fine...

How about the cheat menu code for Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators (Genesis)??

goldenband
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
goldenband, this is very strange. I just tried the codes again and they worked perfectly, even in expert mode. I assume you're using the "Duel" mode?

I was, but I forgot to use something even more important: the "on" switch. :oops: I totally forgot that the Game Genie had one, since I almost exclusively use it as a passthrough for Japanese games!

My apologies for that -- the codes seem to work perfectly, and the cart does indeed fail to boot without your master code, and boots more quickly with it. (Why it took longer to boot with a code when it was switched off, I have no idea!) Thanks again for the codes, and also for the link which will also be helpful (esp. the unlimited continues code).

GelmiR
07-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Could someone please make a code for Smurfs to either stop the tree from rotating, or to prevent the player from falling of the tree when it does?
This is about Act 14: The Cliff. It can be seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6_fPROSoU at 3:35. I can provide a savegame
if needed. Thanks in advance!

Tony H
07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Could someone please make a code for Smurfs to either stop the tree from rotating, or to prevent the player from falling of the tree when it does?
This is about Act 14: The Cliff. It can be seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6_fPROSoU at 3:35. I can provide a savegame
if needed. Thanks in advance!

If you can give me a save state, I'll see what I can do. It has to be Gens (I'm using ver 2.11).

GelmiR
08-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Thanks in advance :) Grab it here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-8479855c.html

David J.
08-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Is there a game genie code for Virtua Racing Deluxe 32X Japanese edition for it to work on US consoles? I want to patch the rom but if I had a code it would be awesome. :D

Tony H
08-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Is there a game genie code for Virtua Racing Deluxe 32X Japanese edition for it to work on US consoles? I want to patch the rom but if I had a code it would be awesome. :D

Here's how to patch the ROM: Open up your Virtua Racing Deluxe 32x ROM with a hex editor, go to ROM address $000E72, and change the 6608 to 4E71. Save and you're all set. Let me know if you have any problems.

Here's a Game Genie code if you want that instead: REHA-A6XW

David J.
09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I tried it and it doesn't work with real hardware... Works fine on emulators tho.

Tony H
09-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I tried it and it doesn't work with real hardware... Works fine on emulators tho.

How are you patching the ROM? What type of setup do you have?

David J.
09-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I tried hex editing, and using the Classic Cheat Code Game Patcher program. It does work on emulators... In fact I have fusion open right now playing the patched rom set to US so I don't know. :/

I'm using a Everdrive with a model 2 Genesis, Model 2 Sega CD and 32X.

David J.
09-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Sorry to double post but I did try hex editing and the game genie patcher, same results on real hardware. If I use and emulator it works fine. Now, the the orignal, unhacked version does give me the country error message if I try it with my setup (everdrive, model 2 genesis, model 2 cd and 32X) but oh well, I'll keep waiting or wish I knew about 32X game hacking. Haha.

Tony H
09-16-2012, 11:40 PM
The problem is that the code I made works on my emulator also, which means there's no way for me to figure out why it's not working on your hardware.

There is one last thing you can try. If this doesn't work, then there's nothing else I can do.

We're going to change the country code in the ROM header to U. My guess is that the ROM doesn't use that info to determine which country it is, but maybe it does. Won't hurt to try. This method did actually work on real hardware before (I think it was Darxide 32x?) .

Open up your V.R. Deluxe 32x (J) ROM with a hex editor, go to ROM address $0001F0. The value there should be 31. Change the 31 to 55. Save and exit. Let me know if it works.

David J.
09-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that doesn't work but I have you some rep anyway. Thanks for the effort.

EDIT: I used FixCheckSum and BAM, now it works. I forgot about the checksum... I haven't had to patch a game in a while but now it works. WOOHOO!

Barone
11-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Tony H, please, I would like to ask you for a Game Genie Code to enable the violent mode in Robocop VS Terminator for the Genesis.
The controller cheat already exists:
"Codes
Enter the following code at the Pause Screen
Violent Mode C - B - A - B - B - A - B - B - C - B - B - C - C - B - B - C - B - C - A - C - C - A - A - A - B - B - B - A - C - A"

But it is a pain and I would like to be able to patch the rom using the Game Genie code. There's a lot of GG codes for this game in GSHI but not one for the violent mode.
I'd be really glad if you could do this for me.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Tony H
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't know how to tell if it's in violent mode while playing the game, but using the code below does make the correct sound effect at the pause screen. I'm 99% sure this will work, but let me know either way.

Robocop VS Terminator (Genesis)

ABET-B94W
Press C at the pause screen to activate the violent mode.

====================

Note that if you try to enter other controller cheats at the pause screen, the sound effect for violent mode will play any time you press C, but the other cheats will still work correctly. Also, pressing C multiple times does not affect whether violent mode is ON or OFF. Once you press C the first time, it's ON for the rest of the game.

Barone
11-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks a lot! Rep given. I hope to be able to test it tonight. :D

The Jackal
11-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Tony, would it be possible, could you make a level modifier code for Waterworld on the Genesis please?

EDIT: Cheers anyone Tony, it's not needed it seems. Thanks though!

Tony H
12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Since my posting problem has been solved (thanks Joe and Baloo), I'll start posting some new Game Genie codes.

Megaman: The Wily Wars (E) (Genesis/MD)

AMSA-EA4N
Enable sliding in Megaman 1 and Megaman 2 games. Press Down + C to slide.
Can use the 2 codes below to have longer slides.

FXSA-EAFR
Megaman slides twice as far. Press Down + C to slide. Only for Megaman 3 or
Wily's Tower. Will work with Megaman 1 and Megaman 2 games if you add code
above (AMSA-EA4N).

AMRT-EA7J
Megaman will keep sliding until you hit an obsticle or edge. Press Down + C to
slide. Only for MM3 or Wily's Tower. Will work with Megaman 1 and Megaman 2
games if you add code above (AMSA-EA4N). Use caution not to slide off an edge
that would kill you.

RG5A-A6TG
One hit kills all enemies and bosses. Works on all 4 games.

AW5T-AA3C
Most enemies and bosses die automatically as soon as they appear on screen.
The few that don't die, can be killed with one hit. Works on all 4 games.
Turn code off before final bosses in Mega Man 1 or else you may get stuck.

RHTT-E6X0
Press Up to "fly". Works on all 4 games. Note: You can only fly straight up
while pressing Up, but you can move across the screen by pressing Left or Right
and briefly releasing the Up button.

Tony H
12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Made a boat load of codes for this game...

Blaster Master 2 (Genesis)

DXMA-GA3Y
Drive across any opening without falling ("Drive on air"). Even works up on
platforms. Press Jump to drop/fall. Only works while in vehicle.

RZVT-J6ZE
Enemies always drop something (heart, weapon etc) when you kill them (side view).

AVGT-JA6W
All enemies and hazards are gone (side view). Turn code off before you go into
boss rooms.

EMNA-GAGA +
AMSA-GA48
While on foot, press UP to climb. Works anywhere, even without a ladder. This
code is mostly for fun, as it causes other problems. If you climb up into rocks,
you'll be teleported up to the next area.

CMST-GA9T +
BDTA-GA2Y
Walk through walls when walking right (on foot). Best to use with "no damage
from high falls" code below (C5TT-GA42).

CMTA-GA8J +
GMTA-GA9N
Walk through walls when walking left (on foot). Best to use with "no damage
from high falls" code below (C5TT-GA42).

PEBA-JEYN
One hit kills enemies and bosses (side view).

ADLA-HYFR
Vehicle has moon jump with slow descent.

ADLA-HAFR
Vehicle has high moon jump with slower descent.

ADLA-GYFR
Vehicle has super high moon jump with even slower descent.

7BNT-JGA8
You can stand still twice as long before the fireball attacks (side view).

2VNT-JWA8
You can stand still 5x as long before the fireball attacks (side view).

ABNT-JAA0
The fireball will never attack for standing still (side view).

MBYT-JEG0
The heart/energy icons stay 4x as long before they disappear.

TBCA-ACHT
Start each life with twice as much energy (overhead view).

ABCA-AGHT
Start each life with 4x as much energy (overhead view).

ALBT-GA38 +
2CBT-HGLC
Stay in the same area after you die (instead of having to start back at the
beginning of the stage).

SGBT-GNCA +
AGBT-GACC
Automatically advance to the next level everytime you die.

GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 1, section 2 (lower level).

AXDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 2.

A1DT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 2, section 2.

BDDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 3.

BHDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 3, section 2.

BXDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 4.

B9DT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 5.

CDDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 5, section 2.

CSDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 6.

C5DT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 7.

DHDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 8.

DMDT-GAE2 +
GXDT-GLE6
Start a new game on stage 8, final boss.

BBHA-JAF2
Regular (starting) weapon is 4x stronger (side view). Not on bosses.

CVHA-JAF2
Regular (starting) weapon is 10x stronger (side view). Not on bosses.

C5TT-GA42
No damage from even the highest falls when on foot (side view). NOTE: Do not
jump down to the lower levels of stage 1 while on foot. You will not die, but
you won't be able to advance to the next stage without your vehicle.

ADTT-HTEG +
C5TT-GA42
Moon jump with slow descent when on foot (side view).

ADTT-G2EG +
C5TT-GA42
High moon jump with slower descent when on foot (side view).

ADTT-GTEG +
C5TT-GA42
Super high moon jump with even slower descent when on foot (side view).

BKGT-AAHA
Your gun (in the overhead view) is twice as strong.

CVGT-AAHA
Your gun (in the overhead view) is 4x as strong.

GKGT-AAHA
Your gun (in the overhead view) is 10x as strong.

AB4T-AAD6
"+" icon pick-ups never disappear (the ones that make the enemies temporarily
stop shooting). Only tested on the "+" pick ups (overhead view), but may work
on others.

ACET-AABJ
When you get the "+" icon/pick-up, the enemies will stop shooting for the entire
level. Only tested on the "+" pick-up (overhead view), but may work on others.

Tony H
12-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis)

RHZT-J6V6
Invincibility (infinite air, infinite energy).

AC9T-K2JY
Ecco swims much faster when using the C button.

G29A-JA7C
Ecco accelerates faster when using just the directional pad.

931A-JAE2
Ecco has a much higher top speed when using just the directional pad. Code must
be turned on at the very beginning of the game (before you swim out of the cave).

RGJT-J61N
Swim through rocks. The only condition is that the rock surface has to be flat
(ie. it won't work on angled surfaces).

=======================

Ecco: The Tides of Time (Genesis)

93BA-V95N
Ecco jumps much higher. This code makes it much easier to jump over obstacles
and to get to high places. Really fun to use.

CC7A-TAB8
Ecco swims much faster when using the C button. You can also swim through or
over some rocks. I found myself stuck inside rocks a few times, but was always
able to get out by pressing C and changing directions.

GB2A-TAA4
Ecco swims through rocks and barriers by pressing the B (Dash) button. May have
to press the B (Dash) button more than once to get through some rocks. Code must
be turned on at the very beginning of the game (before you swim out of the cave).

Tony H
12-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Most of the codes for Sonic & Knuckles are the same for Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic 3 attached, but there are some differences, so I'll list them separately.

Sonic & Knuckles (Genesis)

NOTE: These codes also work on Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic 3 attached.

JB2A-CCEJ
Knuckles can fly. Press the jump button twice and he will fly level.

AB2A-CJEJ
Knuckles can fly. Press the jump button twice and he will slowly fly upwards.

AB2A-CTEJ
Knuckles can fly. Press the jump button twice and he will quickly fly upwards.

C4ZT-CACE
Less gravity. Makes Sonic or Knuckles do high moon jumps with slow descent, and
makes them bounce higher on mushrooms, springs, etc.

BLZT-CACE
Much less gravity. Makes Sonic or Knuckles do super high moon jumps with slow
descent, and makes them bounce much higher on mushrooms, springs, etc.

9ENT-C6TY +
AENT-CAA0 +
JJNT-DT22
Sonic can glide a short distance (press jump button twice).

9ENT-C6TY +
AENT-CAA0 +
JJNT-DT22 +
BLZT-CACE
Sonic can glide a longer distance (press jump button twice).

KJFT-CACC
Sonic accelerates much faster. Example: If you are standing at the bottom of a
loop, you can easily make it all the way around the loop without having to get
a running start. Code must be turned on before you select your character.

KKWA-CAHW
Knuckles accelerates much faster. Example: If you are standing at the bottom of
a loop, you can easily make it all the way around the loop without having to get

FEAT-CEWW
1 hit kills bosses. Note that I've only tested this code on the first boss, but
it should work on other bosses as well.

KCHT-NA5N
1 hit kills bosses (alternate code). Only tested on the first boss, but should
work on others as well.

==================

Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3

NOTE: These codes are for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 when it's
locked on to Sonic & Knuckles.

JB2A-CCEJ
Knuckles can fly. Press the jump button twice and he will fly level.

AB2A-CJEJ
Knuckles can fly. Press the jump button twice and he will slowly fly upwards.

AB2A-CTEJ
Knuckles can fly. Press the jump button twice and he will quickly fly upwards.

C4ZT-CACE
Less gravity. Makes everyone do high moon jumps with slow descent, and makes
them bounce higher on mushrooms, springs, etc. NOTE: If you are using Sonic,
or Sonic and Tails, do not turn this code on until the stage starts (the airplane
scene gets messed up).

BLZT-CACE
Much less gravity. Makes everyone do super high moon jumps with slow descent,
and makes them bounce much higher on mushrooms, springs, etc. NOTE: If you are
using Sonic, or Sonic and Tails, do not turn this code on until the stage starts
(the airplane scene gets messed up).

9ENT-C6TY +
AENT-CAA0 +
JJNT-DT22
Sonic can glide a short distance (press jump button twice).

9ENT-C6TY +
AENT-CAA0 +
JJNT-DT22 +
BLZT-CACE
Sonic can glide a longer distance (press jump button twice). NOTE: If you are
using Sonic, or Sonic and Tails, do not turn this code on until the stage starts
(the airplane scene gets messed up).

KJFT-CACC
Sonic (or Sonic with Tails) accelerates much faster. Example: If you are
standing at the bottom of a loop, you can easily make it all the way around the
loop without having to get a running start. Code must be turned on before you
select your character.

KJ5T-CAAW
Tails accelerates much faster. Example: If you are standing at the bottom of a
loop, you can easily make it all the way around the loop without having to get

KKWA-CAHW
Knuckles accelerates much faster. Example: If you are standing at the bottom of
a loop, you can easily make it all the way around the loop without having to get

FEAT-CEWW
1 hit kills bosses. Note that I've only tested this code on the first boss
using tails, but it should work on other bosses as well.

KCHT-NA5N
1 hit kills bosses (alternate code). Only tested on the first boss, but should
work on others as well.

Tony H
12-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Phantasy Star 3: Generations of Doom

GJBA-AA8T
Master code (improved). Only use if you get a blank/red screen. This code
also makes the game load faster.

RFZA-A6YY
Walk thru walls.

A4AA-CA2Y
Open treasure chests as many times as you want (you can keep getting an item or
money over and over).

RH0T-A60J
Max out all your stats after one battle. Any character that gets at least one
XP point during battle, will go to level 41, and have all their stats maxed out.
Has only been tested on Rhys so far.

BLDT-GAD6
Monomate works on everyone in your party (instead of just one character). Can
be used with 98DT-GG58 code below.

98DT-GG58
Makes Monomate much stronger (restores all HP to one character). Can be used
with BLDT-GAD6 code above.

AWNA-GB12
Res technique works on everyone in your party (instead of just one character).
Only works in battle.

CCNA-GAZ2
Foi technique works on all enemies (instead of just one).

NOTE: All of the codes below can be modified to get any item you want. Get the
Game Genie conversion program from my site, enter the code, and change the
values (on the right) to match the item you want. There's a list of items and
their numbers at Gamefaqs.com (Phantasy Star 3 Save State Hacking Guide).

NCAA-CCF4
Get the Ceramic Knife (instead of the regular Knife) in the left chest in the
Landen dungeon. Code must be turned on before you're escorted into the dungeon.

YCAA-CAF4
Get the Steel Sword (instead of the Knife) in the left chest in the Landen
dungeon. Code must be turned on before you're escorted into the dungeon.

ECAA-CCF4
Get the Nei Sword (instead of the Knife) in the left chest in the Landen dungeon.
Code must be turned on before you're escorted into the dungeon.

CS1A-G40C
Adds the Royal Helmet to the items for sale in the Armor Shop in Landen. Code
must be turned on before you go into the shop.

CS1A-G28C
Adds the Planar Armor to the items for sale in the Armor Shop in Landen. Code

CS1A-HFGC
Adds the Royal Shield to the items for sale in the Armor Shop in Landen. Code

DM1A-G0RG
Adds the Royal Knife to the items for sale in the Weapon Shop in Landen. Code

CH1A-G0RG
Adds Orakio's Sword to the items for sale in the Weapon Shop in Landen. Code

G11A-G0RG
Adds the Nei Claw to the items for sale in the Weapon Shop in Landen. Code

JS1A-G0RG
Adds the Pulse Cannon to the items for sale in the Weapon Shop in Landen. Code

J91A-G0RG
Adds the Nei Shot to the items for sale in the Weapon Shop in Landen. Code

------------------------------------------------

93HA-AACN +
ABHA-AECR +
AKHA-AACT +
ABHA-B74W +
AJ1A-AAA6
Makes your character walk twice as fast.

WARNING: These 'walk twice as fast' codes have some problems. You'll need to
shut all the codes off anytime the computer takes over control of your character.
For example, turn all the codes off before you meet your bride in the castle,
then turn them back on once you're out of the dungeon. If you don't you may get
stuck. Using the "walk thru walls" code may help.

Also, make sure you use one of the PAR codes below.

Some notes about these 'walk twice as fast' codes...

These codes must be turned on before the game starts.

If you're starting a new game, make sure you have all the codes turned on before
you pick your message scrolling speed.

If you're using the codes with an emulator save state, you'll need to add one
of these PAR codes as well:

FFD242:0002 (use this code with Gens emulator).

FFD243:0002 (use this code with Kega Fusion emulator).

Make sure you have all the codes turned on BEFORE you load your save state!

Tony H
12-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Road Rash (Genesis)

R19T-R6ZN
"Improved" master code (use if you get a blank screen). Does the same thing
as the regular master code, plus it makes the game load much faster.

AJ7A-CA4N
All traffic is gone (no cars).

4AJA-DYHR
Walk faster (Can get back on your bike faster when you crash).

4AJA-DNSR
Walk (run) MUCH faster. When you're off your bike, you can actually walk/run
faster than the other bikes.

WMFT-AEVL
Slows down all the other riders so it's much easier to win 1st place. Also, it
appears to get rid of the cops (only tested on 4 tracks so far).

CLVA-AA8A
Most tracks are much straighter. Sierra Nevada = 80% straighter, Palm Desert =
95% straighter, Pacific Coast = 5% straighter, Redwood Forest = 95% straighter,
Grass Valley = 99% straighter.

Tony H
12-07-2012, 08:19 PM
NOTE: The codes for all the Road Rash games that let you run faster when off your bike are kinda fun. What I do is go balls out and if I crash, I just start running. Fairly fun to pass the other riders while you're on foot. :-)

Road Rash 2 (Genesis)

NOTE: These codes have only been tested on the "rev 00" version of the game.
They may not work on "rev 02".

R16A-86XJ
Improved master code. Does the same thing as the regular master code, but also
makes the game load much faster.

A4XA-CA34
All traffic is gone (no cars).

AGBA-CAEY +
AGBA-CAE8
Your bike stays much closer to you when you crash (don't have to run as far
to get back on your bike).

4B6T-D8FC
Walk faster (can get back on your bike faster when you crash).

4B6T-CNZC

AAHT-DAEW
Start every race with a club.

AAHT-DANW
Start every race with a chain.

WJEA-CEX4
Slows down all the other riders so it's much easier to win 1st place. Plus,
you'll start every race with a club.

BB6A-EACG
Starting bike (SHURIKEN 400) will instantly accelerate to 140 MPH. Also, if you
think you are about to slide out in a turn, just press the "accelerate" button
and your bike will straighten up and will not slide out. Note that the bike
handles a little differently when accelerating (which I think is actually better
than normal).

AWYT-CA38
Cops will never show up when your are standing still on your bike, or walking.

ACBA-CAFJ
When you knock another rider off their bike, it will take them much longer
to get back on the bike. It's fun to stop and watch the rider chasing after
his bike, but the bike keeps sliding away from him.

AHSA-AAH8
Makes the game run a little faster.

ASSA-AAH8
Makes the game run much faster.

EMRA-AGC4
Makes your bike jump higher. Code MUST be entered at the very start of the
game, or else it won't work.

ADRA-AAC4
Makes your bike not jump at all. Code MUST be entered at the very start of
the game, or else it won't work.

PAR code version of the "jump" codes above (can be entered at anytime). These
PAR codes have only been tested on Gens (probably won't work on Kega Fusion):
FF05AA:0322 = Jump higher.
FF05AA:0000 = Don't jump at all.

Tony H
12-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Road Rash 3 (Genesis)

A2KT-EA92
All traffic is gone (no cars). Also, most of the cops are gone too.

4DTT-D8BW
Walk faster (can get back on your bike faster when you crash).

4DTT-DTKW

WKRA-CEVJ
Slows down all the other riders so it's much easier to win 1st place.

WKRA-CEVJ +
BJCA-EAC6
Always win 1st place. Also gets rid of the motorcycle cops.

Tony H
12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Just finished some of these today...

Shadowrun (Genesis)

AL7T-AA48
Walk through walls. If you have trouble entering a building, just move
around in the doorway and you'll get in.

AL4T-AA8W
Walk faster. Also, you won't slow down when enemies target you.

RHLA-A6V2
No Karma is subtracted when upgrading attributes and skills. Still have to
have the required amount of Karma though.

AXKT-AA96
Infinite Karma when upgrading attributes and skills. Even if you have zero
Karma, you can still upgrade.

AK3T-LA5G
No Essence subtracted when buying Cyberware.

TF7A-LE1N
All items in shops are free. Can buy even if you don't have enough money.
Also works for Cyberware.

B2PA-EA4R
Contacts, info, protection from gangs, etc are free. Can get even if you
don't have enough money. Doesn't work for hiring runners.

DAKT-EA36
Hiring runners is free. Can hire even if you don't have enough money.

ADBT-AA2T
Cheat/debugger menu is always available. Just pause the game, press "A" to
enter your Pocket Secretary, then scroll down to the empty spot at the bottom
(below "Save/Load Game") and press "A". Lots of cool stuff: Money, Spells,
Heal all, Karma, Contacts, Walk faster, access to the Matrix, Debugging, etc.

Tony H
12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Fresh from the oven...

Shadowrun (Genesis)

HF9T-DJV0
The program refresh meter in the Matrix recharges twice as fast (for faster
attacks).

HF9T-D2V0
The program refresh meter in the Matrix recharges instantly (for much faster
attacks).

AKWA-LA4Y
One hit kills enemies (ICE) in the Matrix. This code has only been tested on
a few enemies (ICE).

Tony H
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
More brand new codes.

Shadowrun (Genesis)

8XAV-JCH0
The cyberdeck you start with (Allegiance Alpha) has 500Mp of memory (instead
of 30Mp). Code must be entered at the start of a new game.

7DAV-JGH2
The cyberdeck you start with (Allegiance Alpha) has 1000Mp of storage (instead
of 100Mp). Code must be entered at the start of a new game.

ASAV-JJ94
The cyberdeck you start with (Allegiance Alpha) has 100 Load/IO speed (instead
of 10), and Response is increased from zero to 3. Code must be entered at the
start of a new game.

AWNA-CA64
No alerts in the Matrix.

Tony H
12-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Shadowrun (Genesis)

AKPA-LA6Y
1 hit kills enemies (overhead view). Works with weapons and magic.

Ace
12-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Tony, I need a new region bypass code for the European version of MegaMan: The Wily Wars. I'm having a very hard time integrating the existing region bypass codes into the ROM itself as every time I do, I get a blank screen. I want the game to be fully region-free, and while I can do this on an SRAM-patched ROM, a standard EEPROM saving ROM results in a blank screen every single time. Mainly, what I'd need would be some way to bypass the checksum check as if I were to just change the region code in a hex editor from E to something else, I get a red screen. I'm pretty sure this means the checksum is bad, but I have no clue how to fix it. Can you help me out?

Tony H
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
You are correct... If you're getting a blank red screen, chances are it's because of a bad checksum. Here's a GG code to fix that: AJBT-AA5J

That code is for: Megaman - The Wily Wars (E).bin

EDIT: In case you didn't see the new Game Genie codes in this thread for MM Wily Wars: http://codehut.gshi.org/MegamanWilyGG.txt

Ace
12-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Here's the problem: if I try to integrate that code into the ROM itself, all I get is a black screen (at least in Fusion). I did manage through A LOT of trial and error to get past this, but at the same time, the saving is broken! This is why I'm requesting a new code that can bypass the checksum check and not break EEPROM saving.

I MUST HAVE A WORKING REGION-FREE WILY WARS CART BY THE WEEKEND!!! I'm gonna be giving this cart away along with a VA2 Genesis Model 2 and I need the game to be region-free as well as retain EEPROM saving.

Tony H
12-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Here's the problem... When I use these 2 codes with Fusion (with region set to USA), the game loads perfectly:

Megaman the Wily Wars...

B32A-CA50
Lets you play the European cartridge on a US Genesis console.

AJBT-AA5J
Master code (use if you get a blank/red screen).

----------------

Here is a different region code you can try: EAAT-BL1T. Try using it in place of the B32A-CA50 code from above.

How are you patching the codes into your ROM? Here is what you should be changing in your ROM:

For the first code from above (B32A-CA50), you should be at ROM address $017076. The value there should be 670E. Change the 670E to 600E.

For the second code from above (AJBT-AA5J), you should be at ROM address $000368. The value there should be B059. Change the B059 to 6002.

You mentioned that you got a black screen, but with a LOT of trial and error, you were able to get past it. If you hack those codes correctly into your ROM, you shouldn't have to use any trial and error. It should work correctly every single time.

Ace
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
For the first code from above (B32A-CA50), you should be at ROM address $017076. The value there should be 670E. Change the 670E to 600E.

For the second code from above (AJBT-AA5J), you should be at ROM address $000368. The value there should be B059. Change the B059 to 6002.

I do exactly this, but I get a black screen in Fusion with every region code! WTF?! The alternate fix is the same. Which version of Fusion do you have?

You mentioned that you got a black screen, but with a LOT of trial and error, you were able to get past it. If you hack those codes correctly into your ROM, you shouldn't have to use any trial and error. It should work correctly every single time.

I did, but this broke saving, making the bypass I found completely useless.

And I'm modifying the ROM by manually hex editing the values that need to be changed.

Tony H
12-18-2012, 10:07 PM
I have Fusion ver 3.64.

Have you tried the "Mega Man - The Wily Wars (U) SRAM patch.bin" ROM? I just looked at it and as far as I can tell, both the region and checksum check have been removed.

Ace
12-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't want to use the SRAM patch, I want the game to be region-free and retain EEPROM saving. Remember: I'm gonna be giving away this cartridge along with a Genesis Model 2, and I don't want to give away a cartridge with battery-backed SRAM.

And that's the same version of Fusion I use. I have no idea what the hell is the problem on my end.

Tony H
12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
You may also want to read this: http://www.interordi.com/mboard/topic.php?id_topic=13414

This may be your EEPROM saving problem they're talking about.

Ace
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
That just patches EEPROM saving so the game can use battery-backed SRAM. I've used the patch for my first prototype region-free Wily Wars cart, but for the cart I want to give away, I am not applying the patch. Here's the deal, too: Fusion creates an SRM file with the ROM I used trial and error to get working, but when the SRM file is read, none of the saved data is actually loaded.

I even had issues on a real cartridge as I was using a pre-made tool to remove the region check entirely, but in the process, it applied the SRAM patch! Is there no way to make MegaMan: The Wily Wars region-free and still save to serial EEPROM?

Tony H
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Is there no way to make MegaMan: The Wily Wars region-free and still save to serial EEPROM?

If you hacked both of the codes I posted earlier into a clean, unaltered MM Wily Wars ROM, and it still won't save, then there's nothing else I can do to help. :-(

Ace
12-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, shit. I guess I'm stuck with the SRAM patch.

What I do wonder is if there are any Genesis ROM boards that use wide SRAM chips rather than the typical skinny ones. I'm hoping to replace the SRAM by either FeRAM or a 28C64 EEPROM. This may negate the need for making a region-free Wily Wars with serial EEPROM saving.

Tony H
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
More new codes...

Starflight (REV00) Genesis

ATBT-AA2A
Master Code (must be entered)

AGZT-AAE2
Start a new game with $115,536 (instead of $50,000).

BLZT-AAE2
Start a new game with $705,360 (instead of $50,000).

D4ZT-AAE2
Start a new game with $2,016,080 (instead of $50,000).

BKWT-CA4R
All items are free (shields, armor, weapons, training, etc). Works even if
you don't have enough money. Doesn't work in the Trade Depot.

AB8A-CAH8
Class 2 or 3 armor adds zero mass to your ship.

AB8T-CAAA
Class 4 or 5 armor adds zero mass to your ship.

RZ8T-C6WN
Your ship starts a new game with zero mass, and no mass is added from weapons,
shields, armor, cargo pods, etc.

Tony H
12-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Starflight (REV00) Genesis

DPPA-CAA4
Your ship can carry up to 26 cargo pods (instead of 16).

AK8T-CA50
Acceleration doesn't decrease when adding mass.

CWMA-RAGY
Class 1 engines (the engine you start with) has 20 acceleration instead of 4.

StarMist
12-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Tony H, would you be interested in creating any codes for Fire Shark? It's quite popular here so any contribution would be well received. Particularly you might try enabling the "berserk" modes from the outset. (In quotes because I've no idea what to properly call it). This is the result of ranking that occurs naturally within the game according to how far the player progresses on 1 continue. Since the game can theoretically be looped 10 times (100 levels) the maximum degree of berserk mode is all but unreachable w/o cheating; a very high degree of ranking can also be accessed through hotswapping but it's a crapshoot and most people would be scared to try it--apart from the difficulty of emulating hotswaps.
Apart from that I'm sure many players would love a code to retain speed-ups after death.

Tony H
12-21-2012, 02:34 PM
What exactly does the berserk mode do? Extra powers, stronger weapons, harder difficulty?

EDIT: Also, does the "berserk" increase after every level, or only when you complete all 10 levels?

Tony H
12-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Still haven't figured out what the berserk mode does, but was able to make some other codes. If you can give me more info on what it does, that will be a big help.

Here's the new codes...

Fire Shark (U) Genesis

ABXA-AA7Y
1 hit kills weaker enemies.

RFZA-A6YW
1 hit kills stronger enemies.

BEHT-AAHC
Start with 9 lives. NOTE: The offocial Galoob Game Genie code for starting
lives is 2 codes long (mine only takes 1 code).

C3MT-AAE2
Start with max speed. Does not work after you lose a life.

C3MT-AAC2
Have max speed after you lose a life.

DVMT-AAE2
Start with super max speed (faster than what the game normally allows). Does
not work after you lose a life.

DVMT-AAC2
Have super max speed after you lose a life (faster than what the game normally
allows).

E3MT-AAE2
Start with ultra max speed (much faster than what the game normally allows).
Does not work after you lose a life.

E3MT-AAC2
Have ultra max speed after you lose a life (much faster than what the game
normally allows).

APMT-AAEA
Start with max power. Doesn't work after you lose a life.

APMT-AACA
Have max power after you lose a life.

===================

The "Speed" codes can be easily modified to make you move as fast or as slow as you want (I included 3 different speeds).

EDIT: If you combine 2 of the "Speed" codes (the "start with" and the "have after you lose a life"), you will always have that speed. If you only use the "have after you lose a life" speed code, you will always have that speed after you lose your first life.

EDIT #2: In case anyone wants to modify the speed codes, the regular starting value for speed is 0D, and it goes up in increments of 03 every time you get a pick-up until it gets to 16 (max). Of course you can go much higher than 16 if you want. I made the "Super max" code with a value of 1C, and the "Ultra max" code with a value of 26.

Moirai
12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
somebody needs to consolidate all these codes onto one document.

Tony H
12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
More Starflight codes.

Starflight REV00 (SEP 1991) Genesis

ACKT-ACJ4
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) starts with twice as much fuel (200 instead of 100).

AJYA-AA7R
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) will have infinite fuel.

TCRA-AAF6
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel twice as fast on flat/open terrain.

2CRA-AAF6
Your TV (terrain Vehicle) can travel 3x as fast on flat/open terrain.

KCRT-AAC4
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 3x as fast on dark green terrain.

SCRT-AAC4
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 5x as fast on dark green terrain.

JCRA-AAGL
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 8x as fast on mountain terrain.

TCRA-AAGL
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 16x as fast on mountain terrain.

JCRT-AAAJ
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel twice as fast on water. You still need
the pontoons.

TCRT-AAAJ
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 4x as fast on water. You still need the
pontoons.

EDIT: Note that all of the multiplication factors above for speed are referring to a TV without the turbo charger installed. The codes will work with the turbo installed, but the multiplication factor won't be quite as high. The turbo adds 50% to your normal top speed.

StarMist
12-23-2012, 12:35 PM
What exactly does the berserk mode do? Extra powers, stronger weapons, harder difficulty?

EDIT: Also, does the "berserk" increase after every level, or only when you complete all 10 levels?Sorry, I had a thread subscription but still missed your updates.

It's just harder difficulty in the form of faster enemy planes and faster bullets from them. Eg 3 bullets shot from a single plane that would normally come out one after the other will come out so close they almost look attached to each other.
Fire Shark does rank normally throughout the game. This probably occurs with every bomb and badge picked up (because both factor into points) but it's pretty tricky to break down where it occurs. Simply put, it would be hard to appraise the increase at shorter intervals than a whole level. It does seem to get a boost from completing the game however. You could also look for clues under the normal difficulty settings because they increase enemy plane and bullet speed as well. But if you're looking for indices within gameplay I'd suggest trying bomb count (especially after 5 bombs) and badge count.
-- the badges in this case are thunderbolts.
Another idea would be that rank is simply attached to score.
Bear in mind losing a life normally depletes rank. However with the hotswap berserk mode I achieved it was a default difficulty which dying over and over didn't change.

Anyway thanks for the codes so far, those should be of great general interest.

Tony H
12-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Star Mist, I may have found it. With the code below, the game is even more difficult than with the "Hard" difficulty setting. Some of the things I noticed right away: The blimps fire 4 shots at you (normally none), MANY more enemy shots on the screen at any given time, the first planes you encounter shoot at you (normally they don't), etc. This was all within the first 30 seconds of level 1.

RFGA-A610
Enable "Berserk" mode.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for.

Tony H
12-23-2012, 03:16 PM
After a little more research, I was able to make a code to adjust the "Berserk" difficulty. So far, I've got every enemy on the screen constantly shooting a solid stream of 8 to 10 shots at a time. Like you mentioned, the shots are so close together, they look connected. I think Berserk mode is a fitting name. :-)

RFGA-A610 +
GBGA-AAH4
Super Berserk mode. Makes the game much harder.

RFGA-A610 +
JBGA-AAH4
Ultra Berserk mode. Makes the game ultra hard.

As you can see, it takes 2 codes. The first code enables Berserk mode. The second code adjusts the difficulty. You can easily modify the second code to further adjust the difficulty if you want. The "Enable Berserk mode" code by itself uses a difficulty value of 18 (hex). The "Super Berserk mode" code uses a difficulty value of 30 (hex). The "Ultra Berserk mode" code uses a difficulty value of 40 (hex).

Tony H
12-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Starflight (REV00)

DLBT-AA8A
You can embark from anywhere on the planet. When traveling on a planet surface in your terrain vehicle, just select "Embark" and you'll get back on the ship no matter how far away you are. Works even if you're lost.

ALMA-AA2G
Your terrain vehicle can carry an infinite amount of cargo. You are still limited by how much cargo your ship can hold though.

WCZT-ACFA
Start a new game with twice as much endurium (fuel).

EDIT:

JCRT-AAFE
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 4x as fast on ice planets.

TCRT-AAFE
Your TV (Terrain Vehicle) can travel 8x as fast on ice planets.

Tony H
12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Starflight

ALMT-AA5Y
Your terrain vehicle has protection from most "damage".

RYYA-A6Z8
Your ship has almost infinite fuel.

Tony H
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Unless I can think of anymore useful codes, these may be the last codes for this game for now.

Starflight

AJ5A-AA3L
Your ship's armor won't take damage during most enemy attacks. Also protects you from hard landings.

ACMT-AAER
Your terrain vehicle "armor" has protection from most damage.

Tony H
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Forgot about these. Should be useful...

Starflight

CTPA-CAFA
Makes the Pulse Cannon 10x stronger.

FAPA-CAFA
Makes the Pulse cannon 20x stronger.

HTPA-CAFA
Makes the pulse cannon 30x stronger.

AAPT-CA3E
Kill most enemies with one hit. Should work with any weapon. Only applies to your ship (does not work on the terrain vehicle).

EDIT:

ALZA-AA20
Firing your ship's weapons doesn't use any fuel.

StarMist
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
C3MT-AAE2
Start with max speed. Does not work after you lose a life.

+

C3MT-AAC2
Have max speed after you lose a life.

+

RFGA-A610 +
JBGA-AAH4
Ultra Berserk mode. Makes the game ultra hard.

= Bullet Hell Fire Shark.

That Ultra Berserk Mode is what I'd got through hot swap.
So I can confirm the above work on GensPlusGX.
The first degree of Berserk Mode is only where your difficuly should be after 1 loop on Normal.

Thanks again Tony H.

Tony H
12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
StarMist, glad to hear the codes worked. Just wanted to let you know what I found in the game's programming...

As far as I can tell, every time the game "loops" and you start back at the beginning, the game checks to see if your level of difficulty is 18 or over. If it's below 18, it doesn't change anything (or possibly adds some to it, I don't remember). If it's higher than 18, it will lower your level of difficulty back down to 18. In other words, it looks like you can't start a new loop with a difficulty higher than 18 (unless you hot swap? or use Game Genie codes). But I only checked the programming from the start of a new game, so it may be different if you have already done 1 loop.

One more thing... To intentionally play that game in ultra berserk mode tells me two things. 1) You're really good at the game. 2) You're insane. :-)

StarMist
12-24-2012, 01:45 PM
One more thing... To intentionally play that game in ultra berserk mode tells me two things. 1) You're really good at the game. 2) You're insane. :-)Yeah...it's about 10/90 %. And without your speed codes this would be no fun; I barely made it to the first cannon embankment. One last thing though is how impressive it is to see the MD push all those sprites and bullets around so fast.

Here are some ideas for Phantasy Star II.
As I abhor the idea of somebody's cheating through the game his first play I've geared these suggestions towards spicing up replay value.
I apologize that some of these may be asking too much, they're simply what occurred to me. More generic, gamebreaking codes can be found at PScave.com. On the whole however this game is underrepresented for codes, especially considering how hard most players deem it.

(1) -- Begin with all members: normally you begin with only Nei as a partner and the rest of the party show up after certain events. It would be cool to use some of the later characters earlier than normally possible. [ PSII hasn't a 2nd quest mode ].
(2) -- Rolf can leave the group: it would be fun to have a group w/o Rolf seeing as there are 8 characters in the game and it always feels as if I have to sacrifice a bit of variety keeping Rolf as the leader.
(2a) -- If this can only be enabled one character at a time put it on Nei or Shir. Nei for obvious reasons and Shir because she's nearest Rolf in teks.
(3) -- No teleporting on Mota. This would be wicked. It's necessary to have visited a city in order to teleport there so you should only have to keep this register blank.
(4) -- Begin the game able to teleport anywhere on Mota.
(5) -- Begin with a moon dew. Seasoned players will know why; it would spare a lot of grinding. It's an item, not a weapon.
(6) -- Wild criticals. Criticals don't come up often; it would be exciting to raise their frequency three or fourfold. For enemies as well as the party.
(7) -- Reduce encounter rate. Or raise the minimum interval to 5 steps.
(8) -- Is is possible to dip into enemy abilities? Ie there's a palette swapped enemy that's much weaker than its earlier incarnation and I'm wondering whether this wouldn't be a simple matter of unlocking a shared value. Is this stuff beyond the Genie or your inclination?

If any of this is asking too much of your time or interest please just post the character//effect values you've discovered to that point and I'll crash my computer trying to figure out how to use a hex editor. :D

Tony H
12-24-2012, 02:25 PM
StarMist, about half of those can probably be done without much trouble. The other half of them will require some digging, so may or may not get done.

One question for now... #8: I can find and change enemies abilities. Do you have a name(s) of the enemy? And I assume you just want his HP changed?

Keep in mind that I've never played PSII before, so I may be asking some questions as I go along.

Also, check the GG codes I've made for PSIII and PSIV. If you see any codes there that you want for PSII, let me know. And remember that lots of those codes can be adjusted (ie, magic, weapons, etc can be made stronger OR weaker). Here's a link: http://codehut.gshi.org/Sega.htm

EDIT: Just noticed that there are 2 versions of the game. Is there one in particular that you want codes for? If not, is one version more popular than the other, or should I just pick one and go with it?

EDIT 2: I also just noticed that there is only one version of Game Genie codes in the official Game Genie code book. Maybe there's no difference? Will investigate.

StarMist
12-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I saw those codes at your site, I wasn't going to suggest a game w/o checking whether you'd already done it.
Your not having played the game shades into why I'm being slightly ambiguous in my wording about these things as I don't want to ruin the game for anyone who's not played it or missed something his first playthrough.
The thing about your offer is I don't want any teks, weapons, etc stronger, nor (being presumptuous here) will most players replaying the game; besides a lowered encounter rate would trump most of those concerns. Nonetheless somebody probably would enjoy that sort of code so if you feel like making them do so by all means. Just check pscave because they already have some (of the 10 digit variety) up including a master code. I've not verified any myself.

@ # 8 = Give Blastoids an enhanced version of the Blasters' group attack. These enemies are a palette swap. Replacing the animation is likely impossible but given the Blastoids' nature the attack would be understood. The Blasters' attack will be unmistakable through number values or animation alone. Once opened up for the Blastoids the attack's damage would need to be increased (say 150% to 180%; PSII has the same small variables for dmg range the rest of the series does).
http://pscave.com/ps2/enemies/pulser.shtml

-- Similarly it might be interesting to give Shir Rolf's Megid tek, provided it's possible to remove Rolf from the group. Most players find her pretty useless.

EDIT - I just glanced your first edit. Not a clue which version mine is, it just says Phantasy Star II.bin. So go for whichever (U) seems more common.

StarMist
12-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Rather than pile on edits I'm going to double post.
(edit from previous post) I just glanced your first edit. Not a clue which version mine is, it just says Phantasy Star II.bin. So go for whichever (U) seems more common.

-- If you can make all party members available from the outset a rise of starting cash would be helpful, say 1,000 meseta.
-- Moon Dew and Star Mist could be purchasable at certain places (the first city's fine) in order to save the player some hassle. I'm thinking 20k and 10k meseta.
-- The Whip, which is in Zema, could have its attack value raised to 35. I believe it's 20 originally. This is a very marginal weapon.
-- Perhaps make Shift castable on other characters or let Shir learn it.
-- Enable Nei to wear all crowns, capes, and boots.

Tony H
12-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I checked the difference in the 2 versions. The ROM addresses stay the same, so any Game Genie codes I make should work on either version.

Also, is the random encounter/battle rate the same everywhere, or is it more frequent in caves? Also, if I made a "No random battles" code, would that cause problems in the game? (ie. are battles necessary?). I'm working on a "fewer" random battles code, but it will take longer.

StarMist
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I checked the difference in the 2 versions. The ROM addresses stay the same, so any Game Genie codes I make should work on either version.

Also, is the random encounter/battle rate the same everywhere, or is it more frequent in caves? Also, if I made a "No random battles" code, would that cause problems in the game? (ie. are battles necessary?). I'm working on a "fewer" random battles code, but it will take longer.That's a tough query as it's so much up to perception. I'd wager it is the same everywhere despite that certain places feel fuller with combat. Treat the encounter rate as the same everywhere.
Yep, battles are necessary. I suppose the code could be turned off at certain places but that would entail a ton of grinding and backtracking in order to do so (the player would be way under leveled to just grind where he needed the levels). Unless of course you're supplying a large amount of super power codes too.

Tony H
12-25-2012, 12:01 AM
StarMist, Good news and bad news. The bad news is that I couldn't figure out a reliable way to always get the results I wanted from their random step/battle generator. Ugh. The good news is that I was able to insert some of my own programming to get the desired results. I've tested it 10 times, and it's worked perfectly every time. Yea.

What my custom programming does, is let you decide how many steps you want to take before an encounter. I was able to do it with 3 Game Genie codes.

What I need to know is how many steps would you like between encounters? I'm planning on doing maybe 3 or 4 different codes (ie. 10 steps, 20 steps, etc). What values would you like?

Here's a set of codes for 10 steps between encounters. Test it out and let me know if there's any problems. I've only tested it at the very beginning of the game, right outside of town, so don't know if it works in caves, etc.

I noticed the step count is sometimes 9, and sometimes 10, so I guess there's still a little randomness. :-)

Phantasy Star II

ATBA-AA4R
Master code. Only necessary if you have a newer model Genesis.

FAMT-CAG6 +
HTMT-DFR4 +
E2MT-CN88
Random battles happen every 10 steps.

EDIT: If you find someplace the code doesn't work, do me a favor and make a save state there.

JeffCharizardFlame
12-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I know there are game genie codes for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 that give Sonic a certain ability, for example Always able to use fireball dash, after double jumping. I was wondering if you could make a game genie code for when it's combined with S&K to give him the water shield's bubble bounce ability.