10-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Super Mario 2 1998 (unl) Genesis

AA9T-AA26
Invincibility

Tony H
10-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Super Mario 2 1998 (unl) Genesis

RZDT-A608
Fixes Lakitu bug in 4-1 and 6-1. Normally, Lakitu drops so many spiny eggs on you that it causes the game to crash. This code fixes that.

Tony H
12-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Animaniacs (Genesis)

ALZT-CABA +
90ZT-D92J +
YCZT-DE3C +
NCZT-C5AL
Walk faster.

ALZT-CABA +
90ZT-D92J
Walk much faster.

93WA-D99J +
AKWA-CAGC
Push crates twice as fast.

93WT-D93G +
AKWT-CAC6
Pull crates twice as fast.

CWRA-CAA8 +
RWRA-D7BN
Wacko does his hammer attack much faster when on the ground.

Tony H
12-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Animaniacs (Genesis)

AWTT-CA5W
Walk off ledges without falling ("Walk on Air"). Only works when Dot is in the lead. You will drop down as soon as you stop moving.

Tony H
12-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Vixen 357 (J)

ALAT-AA4Y
Master code. Gets rid of the blank/red screen.

GTHA-CA3R +
REHT-A6TE
Character level cheat. Press and hold B with the square cursor anywhere on the map and a level cheat will appear. You can adjust it from 1 to 9 then press A or C to save. This will effect your characters stats (HR, ER, etc).

=========

NOTE: Codes were made and tested with the V 1.2 English patch from RHDN, but will also work on the Japanese version.

Tony H
12-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Vixen 357 (J)

2TAT-EWFA
Mack Ryan and Harry Gibson start a new game with 2500 HP (instead of 1150). Code must be activated at the beginning of a new game.

GJAT-EAFG
Mack Ryan and Harry Gibson start a new game with a much greater "Move" stat. They can move across the entire map. Code must be activated at the beginning of a new game.

Tony H
12-28-2016, 12:06 AM
A guy from Brazil requested this. Worked on real hardware.

Flashback (Genesis)

These codes will allow you to play a USA cartridge on a Brazilian Mega Drive. The game checks twice for the correct region, so you must use all 3 codes (2 region codes and a master code). The codes were tested on a Brazilian Mega Drive, but should work on a European Mega Drive as well.

HAWA-AA4W +
AJWA-AA9L
Lets you play the USA cartridge on a Brazilian Mega Drive. Should also work on a European Mega Drive.

AANA-AA9J
Master code (this gets rid of the blank/red screen).

Tony H
01-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Marble Madness (J) (Genesis/MD)

RF4A-A60J
Infinite time

Tony H
01-13-2017, 09:08 PM
Fatal Smarties (Genesis) (homebrew)

AJMT-AA3Y
Invincibility against enemy projectiles.

C2FA-AA4C
Invincibility against touching enemies.

=======

Using both codes will give you complete invincibility.

Tony H
01-17-2017, 12:19 AM
Fantasia (Genesis)

CEWT-BJXE +
CAWT-BJV4
Walk/accelerate faster. Also improves jumping.

YAVA-AAD8
Longer invincibility after getting hit (about 2 seconds).

Tony H
01-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Zero Tolerance (Genesis)

JCFA-LA8N +
RGFT-L6T4 +
A8ET-LAEJ +
BLET-LAFA +
ALET-LAFN
All characters start a new game with the best weapons/items and everything maxed out. You'll start with 99 ammo for Grenades, Laser-Aimed Gun, Rocket Launcher, and Mines, as well as the Bio Scanner maxed out.

goldenband
01-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Tony, if you're able to do so, any codes you might create for Davis Cup Tennis would be greatly appreciated. In particular, a code that allows the player to win a match or a set by winning a single point (e.g. automatically sets the score to 5-0, 40-0) would be awesome. Codes that change the player's ranking, amount of money, or the current week (in Championship mode) would be welcome too.

Also, any insight you might have into the game's password system would be great. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out whether playing/winning the Davis Cup is required to win the Championship mode, and how much impact those Davis Cup matches (which are dropped on the player automatically in the midst of his season) have on the player's ranking.

Tony H
01-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Just found out that Gens and Gens Tracer (what I use to make codes) aren't working. I'm wondering if it was a Win 10 update? Anyone else having any problems? EDIT: Or possibly a Dell update?

goldenband, will look at those codes as soon as I get Gens working.

goldenband
01-22-2017, 02:05 PM
Just found out that Gens and Gens Tracer (what I use to make codes) aren't working. I'm wondering if it was a Win 10 update? Anyone else having any problems? EDIT: Or possibly a Dell update?

goldenband, will look at those codes as soon as I get Gens working.

Thanks, Tony -- if you could find a "one shot win" code, it could potentially save me hours of work -- and best of luck fixing the problem with Gens! :)

Tony H
01-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Finally got Gens fixed after several hours of trying. Long story short, one of the problems was that McAfee had Gens Tracer quarantined.

Also, if anyone has problems with Gens on Windows 10 where there are two duplicates of the game on the screen (aka split screen), and the color is way off, here's how to fix it:

Right click on the Gens executable and click on properties then compatibility. Click on Reduced Color Mode, then select 16 bit color. Click Apply and you're done.

Goldenband, I can work on your codes now, but one small setback. In order to make a "one shot win" code, I need to be good enough at the game to win at least one time. I'll keep practicing. lol.

EDIT: If anyone is having problems with Gens or Gens Tracer and wants more detailed info: http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/16042-Problem-with-Gens-and-Gens-Tracer?p=103780#post103780

Tony H
01-26-2017, 01:26 AM
Davis Cup Tennis

DMFT-AA26
1st person that scores wins the game.

Unfortunately, this also applies to the CPU player. If you want, you can turn the code on when you have the ball and off when your opponent has the ball.

This code will definitely shorten the game.

I will work on a better code.

goldenband
02-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Hey, thanks very much for that! It's helped a lot in my research on this game. Obviously anything that shortens the game even further would be helpful (i.e. by setting every new set to 5-0 or something), but it's still saved me a hell of a lot of time.

Tony H
02-12-2017, 10:44 PM
If Fat Frank from Sega 16 reads this, I received this error when I tried to respond to your PM:

Fat Frank has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Tony H
02-26-2017, 12:51 AM
Fat Frank, I got another error message when I tried to PM you.

You are all set at GameHacking.org. Should be able to post there now.

Tony H
03-05-2017, 12:09 AM
Mazin Saga: Mutant Fighter (Genesis)

NB3T-CA94
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("Walk on air"). Press jump to drop down. This code was specifically made for round 3-2 where the dinosaur is chasing you.

Tony H
03-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Ren & Stimpy Show: Stimpy's Invention (Genesis)

AJ8A-GA7N
Bubbles don't pop in the final stage (Mutate-O-Matic).

Tony H
04-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Chakan (Genesis)

RFCT-N6T2 +
RFCA-N6Z4
Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Press Jump to drop down.

Tony H
05-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Landstalker (Genesis) (Game Genie)

ABWT-CEE2 +
RFWT-C6YY
Makes your sword twice as strong.

ABWT-CJE2 +
RFWT-C6YY
Makes your sword 4 times stronger.

ABWT-CTE2 +
RFWT-C6YY
Makes your sword 8 times stronger.

ABWT-DAE2 +
RFWT-C6YY
Makes your sword 16 times stronger.

Tony H
05-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Beggar Prince (Genesis) Game Genie

FX1T-YA9J
Allows you to walk thru any of the locked gates in the town where you start the game. This also includes the locked gate leading to the palace. Do not talk to the guards, just walk thru the middle of the gates. Note that this code allows you to skip key events in the game, so it's probably best to use it for exploring, etc.

RGBT-Y6YL +
ECBT-YA6T +
FX1T-YA9J
Walk thru walls. Also lets you walk over water, mountains, etc. NOTE: If you enter a building, it's best if you don't walk thru walls once inside (the game may freeze). Note that this code allows you to skip key events in the game, so it's probably best to use it for exploring, etc.

AJ0A-0A3E
Open chests as many times as you want. NOTE: You must exit the room and re-enter before opening the chest again (otherwise the game may freeze).

=======

EDIT: Still learning about this game, so making lots of code description changes. Will try to make more codes.

Tony H
05-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Beggar Prince (Genesis) PAR

NOTE: Have only been tested on Gens (may not work with Kega Fusion).

FF1F27:01
Gives you the Heal Spell. If your emulator resets when talking to the Mage at the beginning of the game, this is the healing spell that she would have given you.

FF0AD3:01
Gives you the Magic Ring (lets you teleport anywhere).

FF0AD6:01
Gives you Chicken (fully recovers HP).

FF0AD8:01
Gives you Crystal (fully recovers MP).

FF0AD9:01
Gives you Cross (fully recovers HP, MP, and revives).

Tony H
05-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Beggar Prince (Genesis) Game Genie

0AJA-4E1J
1 hit kills enemy. Has only been tested with the slingshot, but may work with other weapons as well.

0AMA-4EY8
1 hit kills all enemies on screen when using magic attacks. Works with Meteor, Soaring Eagle, Flash, etc. Even kills enemies that are "Missed".

Tony H
06-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Budokan - The Martial Spirit (E)

ATBT-AA2A
Master Code (improved). Gets rid of the blank screen when using Game Genie codes, and makes the game load faster.

Tony H
06-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Alien Storm (Genesis/MD) (Game Genie)

A2YA-AA8A +
AJ0T-AA5L
Allows you to play "The Duel" on any emulator. The game won't allow you to play The Duel if it detects 2 controllers, and since all emulators use 2 controllers, you couldn't play it. This code fixes that.

Tony H
07-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Road Rash II (rev00) (Genesis)

9TLT-BGKN +
AELT-AABR +
96LT-AABT +
SJLT-AYBW
All bikes accelerate faster and have an unlimited top speed. Does not make the CPU/opponent bikes faster.

Tony H
07-19-2017, 08:32 PM

AD7T-BJ84 +
ACAT-AA5W
Always finish in 1st place. Works even if you get busted by the cops, or if your bike gets wrecked and blows up. You can save code space by eliminating the second code (ACAT-AA5W). The only difference will be that you won't see the qualifying screen.

Tony H
07-20-2017, 10:08 PM

ALHA-AA2E
Always level-up after a race. You normally have to finish all 5 tracks (in 3rd place or better) before you level-up. Works even if you finish in last place, get busted by the cops, or if your bike gets wrecked and blows up.

======

After 20+ years, I was finally able to beat Road Rash II. Yay!

Some interesting findings. When you finish the game, there is a cut scene showing a helicopter picking up you and your girlfriend. The game then continues back to the menu screen. If you look at the password screen, it shows that you are on level eeeeee, and gives you a password: EVVU 6U0E. The "6" in the password means level 6 but there isn't an official level 6. I was able to get to level 6 with a Game Genie code years ago, but never knew if it was possible to get there by beating the game until now. Also, the password isn't accepted by the game. Bummer.

When you exit the password screen and start the game on level 6, you get to race against all the cops in the game. Pretty fun. Once you wreck or finish the race, the game freezes.

Tony H
07-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Road Rash (Genesis)

ADBT-BJ88
Always finish in 1st place (as long as you finish the race).

Tony H
07-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Road Rash (Genesis)

9TLA-BGRJ +
AELA-AAGL +
96LA-AAGN +
2JLA-B6GR
All bikes accelerate faster and have an unlimited top speed. Does not make the CPU/opponent bikes faster.

C37T-AA8W
All bikes are free, even if you don't have enough money.

Tony H
08-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Pirates of Dark Water (Genesis)

AB2A-AAT4
Jump higher.

R1TT-A60R
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("walk on air"). Press jump to move up higher. Turn code off to drop back down. If you get too high you may take damage when you drop back down.

===========
These codes work on both versions of the game.

A little bit of info on the different versions of this game... Your character doesn't jump as high in the "May 1994" version.

CrossBow
08-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Anyone ever figure out any codes for Star Cruiser? In the later parts of that game, the bigger boss tanks on the planet missions get to be ridiculous!

Tony H
08-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Anyone ever figure out any codes for Star Cruiser? In the later parts of that game, the bigger boss tanks on the planet missions get to be ridiculous!

Are you using the translated version?

Tony H
08-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Star Cruiser Game Genie codes.

I couldn't get the English patch version 0.99.1 download to work from RomHacking.net, so I downloaded the latest patch I could find from this page: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=22363

Here's the link to the patch I used: http://new.miralita.me/scruiser.zip

I don't think it's the newest patch (ver 0.99.1), but the codes will probably still work. Will try RomHacking.net again tomorrow.

===========

Star Cruiser (with English patch Beta2) (Genesis/MD)

RH0T-A6TJ
Don't lose any energy when your ship moves. Possibly infinite energy? Not familiar with the game, so not sure if other things cause your energy to drain.

REAT-C6ZA
Shields will take less damage from enemy attacks. Your shields will be about 30% stronger in the beginning of the game.

D2AT-CA9W
Infinite shields.

=======

Actually a pretty fun game. Will be making more codes as I go along in the game.

UPDATE: The codes also work on the Japanese version, so I'm pretty sure they'll work with any of the English patches.

Tony H
08-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Double Dragon 2 (Genesis/MD)

9THT-BGRL +
EAHT-AAGN +
96HT-AAGR +
AAHT-AA8T
Infinite energy player 1. Does not give infinite energy to enemies.

Tony H
08-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Star Cruiser (with English patch) (Genesis/MD)

JEAT-DGZA
Shields will take much less damage from enemy attacks. Your shields will be about 3 times stronger in the beginning of the game.

Tony H
08-05-2017, 07:42 PM

BKAT-CA3J
1 shot kills enemy. Only tested with the Shot Laser at the beginning of the game, but may work with other weapons as well.

AJ9A-CA6W
Infinite Homing Missile 1. May work on other weapons as well.

CL9T-AA5L
No key needed to open gates.

Tony H
08-06-2017, 10:27 AM

AVDT-CACR
Makes Shot Laser twice as strong.

BKDT-CACR
Makes Shot Laser 5 times stronger.

HVDT-CAH4
Makes Homing Missile 1 twice as strong.

W3DT-CAH4
Makes Homing Missile 1 five times stronger. This makes it 50% stronger than Homing Missile 3.

CrossBow
08-07-2017, 02:34 PM
The codes for Star Cruiser do work so thank you! However, sadly this is another game that will not save progress through a GG. Wether turned on or off makes no difference. Oh well. at least using the GG codes I was able to find a better strategy to use past a few of the last bosses I encountered to get further than I had and then play it again normally to get to the same place.

Tony H
08-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Road Rash 3 (Genesis)

ABGA-DJ4A +
AC1A-AA8T
Always finish in 1st place. Works even if you get busted by the cops, or if your bike gets wrecked and blows up. You can save code space by eliminating the second code (AC1A-AA8T). The only difference will be that you won't see the qualifying screen.

Tony H
08-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Road Rash 3 (Genesis)

AMDT-AA6A
Always level-up after a race. You normally have to finish all 5 tracks (in 3rd place or better) before you level-up. Works even if you finish in last place, get busted by the cops, or if your bike gets wrecked and blows up.

Tony H
08-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Flink (Genesis/MD) (A.K.A. The Misadventures of Flink)

AK9A-AAF0 +
939A-B97R +
939A-B978
Flink starts to run immediately when starting to move.

AP9A-AAF0 +
9Z9A-B97R +
9Z9A-B978
Flink starts to run immediately when starting to move, and he runs faster.

AB3A-AEY2
Jump higher.

AB3A-BAN2
Jump much higher.

Tony H
08-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Pulseman (J) (Genesis/MD)

A2DA-EA7A
Infinite Voltteccer once you have it.

Tony H
08-19-2017, 11:59 AM

C2VT-AA44
Enable level select in the Option menu. In the Option menu, scroll down to "Map" and select your level.

REGA-E6VW
Pulseman accelerates much faster. This also causes the Voltteccer to charge much faster (and in a shorter distance).

BJGA-EA3J
Pulseman accelerates instantly. This also causes the Voltteccer to charge instantly (once you start moving).

Tony H
08-21-2017, 12:46 AM

TAVA-EACJ
Bonus stages start with more time.

REYA-E6Y6
Bonus stages have infinite time.

Tony H
08-22-2017, 12:34 AM

ATDA-EA94
Keep your power-ups when you change screens/areas. Doesn't work when you change levels. Has only been tested on the "Free Volteccer/Stay Charged" power up (the lightning bolt).

Tony H
08-26-2017, 10:23 PM
Phantasy Star 3 (Genesis)

ACEA-GTFA
Makes the Nei Sword a one handed weapon.

Tony H
08-29-2017, 09:43 PM

ACFT-GTCT
Makes the Nei Bow a one handed weapon.

Tony H
09-04-2017, 09:28 PM

EJDT-CA8A
Makes any weapon attack all enemies on the screen.

Tony H
09-09-2017, 12:16 AM
Zero Tolerance (Genesis)

ACYA-CTER
Makes all your weapons and punches stronger. Can kill the final boss in the basement with 6 hits. Has only been tested on the final boss.

ACYA-CANR
Makes all your weapons and punches much stronger. Can kill the final boss in the basement with 2 hits. Also makes the bosses get knocked waaay back when you hit them. Has only been tested on the final boss.

Thief
09-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Hey, you into figuring out codes for the SNES? Interested in other ship weapon combinations for Gradius 3 not available in Edit Mode.

Tony H
09-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Hey, you into figuring out codes for the SNES? Interested in other ship weapon combinations for Gradius 3 not available in Edit Mode.

I do SNES codes, but am currently only working on Genesis stuff. Have you looked here?... https://gamehacking.org/game/43083

Thief
09-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Now that is very interesting. Never heard of that site before, and yes. It does have what I need for Gradius 3. Thanks a ton.

Tony H
09-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Zero Tolerance (Genesis)

A3DA-CA3E
Enemies don't move.

AKDT-CA56
Bosses don't move on the X-axis (left or right). Only tested on the final boss.

AKDT-CA52
Bosses don't move on the Y-axis (up or down). Only tested on the final boss.

A3DT-CA52
Bosses don't move at all. Only tested on the final boss.

Tony H
09-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Zero Tolerance (Genesis)

RGCA-C6VL
Enemies with guns (like in the first level) don't attack. They'll shoot at you, but they always miss. May work on other enemies as well.

RGET-C6ZA
Enemies that look like insects don't attack. May work on other enemies as well.

RGWT-C6Y2
Bosses don't attack. They'll run right up to you, but don't attack. Only tested on final boss.

Tony H
09-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Zero Tolerance (Genesis)

RFYA-C6WR +
RHST-C6XJ
Hit enemies and bosses no matter where you shoot (hit anywhere). As long as you can see them when you shoot, you'll hit them. If there are several enemies, you will only hit one at a time. You can save code space by only using the first code (RFYA-C6WR), but the "kill zone" won't be as wide.

Tony H
09-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Zero Tolerance (Genesis)

AJTA-CA8T
Punch from any distance. As long as the enemy is "lined up" in front of you, you can punch him even if he's on the other side of the room.

AJTA-CA8T +
AJTA-CA9L
Punch from anywhere. Works even if the enemy is on the other side of the room and way off to the left or right. If you can see them, you can punch them.

Tony H
09-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Lethal Enforcers (Genesis)

RGRT-A6VE +
BWRT-AA50 +
B4RT-AA3R +
BWRT-AA6N +
ECRA-AA7J
Hit anywhere (never miss). Turn off for car chase levels except for the white van that throws fireballs at you. Innocent people can also get hit, so be careful.

Tony H
09-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Lethal Enforcers (Genesis)

AJ0A-AABJ
Start on stage 2 (Chinatown Assault).

AN0A-AABJ
Start on stage 3 (The Hijack).

AT0A-AABJ
Start on stage 4 (The Drug Dealer).

AY0A-AABJ
Start on stage 5 (The Chemical Plant).

BA0A-AABW
View game ending/credits.

Tony H
10-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Blaster Master 2 (Genesis)

B2BA-JA4J
Hit enemies/bosses anywhere, no matter where you shoot. Also works on enemies that are off screen above or below you. Works in or out of vehicle. Only works on side view levels.

Tony H
10-01-2017, 04:26 PM

ACFT-AA4L
Shoot thru walls (top view levels only). Also applies to enemies, so be careful.

Tony H
10-01-2017, 10:03 PM

RFET-A6YR
Invincibility (top view levels only).

Tony H
10-28-2017, 12:20 AM
Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Genesis) Game Genie and PAR

RGWA-A6X8 +
RGVT-A61E +
ALWA-AA7C
Enables part of the debugger menu. Pause the game and select Options/Special. You can choose from: Music Menu, Create Enemies, or Boost Gold.

RGWA-A6X8 +
RGVT-A61E +
ALWA-AA7C +
RGSA-A6ZL +
ALVT-AA5L
Enables all of the debugger menu. Pause the game and select Options/Special. You can choose from: Music Menu, Create Enemies, Boost Gold, Coords, Boost Players, Game Level, or Collision.

-----------

PAR Codes: (PAR codes have only been tested with Gens):

FFA94C:007F
Enables part of the debugger menu. Pause the game and select Options/Special. You can choose from: Music Menu, Create Enemies, or Boost Gold.

FFA94C:007F +
FFA94E:0055
Enables all of the debugger menu. Pause the game and select Options/Special. You can choose from: Music Menu, Create Enemies, Boost Gold, Coords, Boost Players, Game Level, or Collision.

Tony H
10-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Genesis)

AK0A-AA5T
Walk thru walls. Also lets you walk over water.

Tony H
10-29-2017, 06:21 PM

RF8A-A60G
Any character can equip any weapon.

Tony H
10-30-2017, 08:30 PM

ADHT-BJX8
Can buy the +3 Sword instead of the Staff in the Castle Weapon Shop. You can easily modify this code to get any weapon you want.

ADHT-AYYG
Can buy the +2 Dagger instead of the Dagger in the Castle Weapon Shop. You can easily modify this code to get any weapon you want.

ADHT-AE6R
Can buy the +3 Spear instead of the Spear in the Castle Weapon Shop. You can easily modify this code to get any weapon you want.

ADHT-AN70
Can buy the +3 War Hammer instead of the Sling in the Castle Weapon Shop. You can easily modify this code to get any weapon you want.

Tony H
10-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Phantasy Star II (Genesis)

FCZT-AA6J
Any character can equip any weapon or any armor

Tony H
11-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Phantasy Star II (Genesis)

AX4A-AA58
Can always run from battle. EDIT: If you fight Neifirst and run, you will automatically win the battle and defeat Neifirst.

Tony H
11-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)

KZ9T-BGM2
1 hit kills an enemy or boss

Tony H
11-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Genesis)

ALLV-CA32 +
ALHV-CA6J
Run much faster. Makes you run as fast as the "Super Speed" controller cheat.

Tony H
11-21-2017, 12:13 AM

AAXV-EA52
Don't fall into quicksand. Quicksand is the round holes that appear and disappear at the very beginning of the game.

Tony H
11-21-2017, 07:57 PM

AJ2B-CA4T
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("walk on air"). Press jump to drop down. Very useful when you're up in trees, or on levels like Copan Temple where you have to jump on the little ledges with fire.

Tony H
11-23-2017, 08:35 PM

AA3V-CA5G +
AJ2B-CA4T
Don't fall into tar pits. Tar pits are the square black bubbling things on levels like Copan Temple.

Tony H
11-24-2017, 05:54 PM
Sonic Spinball (US version)

AHPA-5E7W +
AHPA-5E8T
Allows much more control over Sonic when trying to "steer" him around the screen. This makes the game much easier because you can easily direct him when he's curled up in a ball.

==========

Have tried numerous times to make this code in the past but have always failed. With all the movement in the game, it was too difficult to make the code. Finally decided to make a "immune to lava" code, and another code to stop Sonic from bouncing around. I then let Sonic fall between some flippers into a lava pit where it was nice and level. Fairly easy to make the codes then. Should have thought of that years ago. lol.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 10:34 AM

A9MT-4RB6
Slows Sonic way down. Makes the game easier to play.

Mad Moham
11-25-2017, 01:31 PM
Tony H is it possible to create a code for Speedball 2 that gives the player either more/infinite money or a fully upgraded team from the start. There is a money PAR code that has been found to be totally incompatible with GG and with flashcarts. I had an attempt last year but I don't know what I'm doing and I never made any useful codes. To be honest I can finish the game without too much difficulty these days, I just think it would be hilarious to have a fully upgraded team from the start.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Mad Moham, I'll take a look at it. I assume you mean Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe?

Mad Moham
11-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Mad Moham, I'll take a look at it. I assume you mean Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe?

Yeah dude, that's the one. Thanks for taking a look.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 02:35 PM
Have you checked the codes here? https://gamehacking.org/game/15927

There are some money Game Genie codes there. Let me know if those will work. If not, tell me why they don't work so I can make some that will.

Mad Moham
11-25-2017, 03:00 PM
I tried those codes in the past and couldn't get any to work, so this time I tried something different. It turns out that the codes on gamehacking.org are for the NTSC version and I've been playing the PAL version (honestly, the PAL version has better sound for some reason).

Having just tried an NTSC version in Fusion emulator it turns out that all codes work as described.

However, when using a PAL version, none of the codes that increase starting money have any noticeable effect at all, but the infinite money code ('Infinite money-both players') will crash the game as soon as you try spending any money.

Is it possible to convert the 'Infinite money-both players' code to run on the PAL version? If you go to the gym and press 'all' it just crashes the game, so I guess it almost works.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 03:18 PM
There are Europe PAL codes here. Give them a try and let me know if they work... https://gamehacking.org/game/15925

Mad Moham
11-25-2017, 03:25 PM
And with that I now look like a complete tool.

Thanks man, you rock. I honestly had been looking for a money code for a few years and had never been able to find one, there was even a thread on the everdrive forums about someone trying to get infinite money and I'm pretty sure it was never resolved.

Next time I'll do a better job of looking for codes before I go and ask for help with it. Sorry to have wasted your time with that one.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 03:30 PM
No problem at all. I will start working on the fully upgraded team code for the European PAL version.

Mad Moham
11-25-2017, 03:35 PM
No problem at all. I will start working on the fully upgraded team code for the European PAL version.

That's cool if you want to. But honestly it takes about a minute to just upgrade the team with the money code. I just tried it out (on the PAL version) and its absolutely hilarious to run rings around the opposing team right from the start.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 03:47 PM
That's cool if you want to. But honestly it takes about a minute to just upgrade the team with the money code. I just tried it out (on the PAL version) and its absolutely hilarious to run rings around the opposing team right from the start.

Got it. Have never played the game and was just finding out that money is all you need to upgrade the team.

Tony H
11-25-2017, 07:28 PM

DDFA-4A5N
Don't die when you fall between the flippers into lava or other hazards. You can't jump when you're in the lava, so you have to bounce your way out. The code doesn't work on the first level where there is a sea monster under the flippers. Here is a code to prevent the sea monster from eating you: AB6A-6AEJ.

Tony H
11-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame (E)(Proto)

RF1T-A6VW
Fixes the bug in level 9 where there is no way to exit to the next level. Go to the second to last screen just before the horse while up on top of the platforms. Go to the left most platform as far left as you can go without falling off. Press A + Left together to jump to the next screen and you will land on the horse and ride off to the next level.
Here is an address for lots of info on the bug fix:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?30239-Someone-can-fix-this-Prince-of-Persia-2-(Proto)-Bug

RENT-A6YW
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("walk on air"). To get down, you can press down while standing on an edge, walk into a wall, or turn the code off.

Tony H
12-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Shadow Blasters (Genesis)

AC2T-AAFR
Final boss dies automatically.

AG2T-AAFR
Final boss dies with 1 hit.

A02T-AAFR
Final boss dies with 5 hits.

Tony H
12-03-2017, 10:02 PM

AL3T-AA5Y
Final boss doesn't cause any damage if you touch him. You normally can die very quickly while you're touching him.

E42A-AAG4
Start the final fight (final boss) with twice as much health.

Tony H
12-03-2017, 11:12 PM

ABNA-AA9N
Activates hidden level select screen

Tony H
12-04-2017, 11:52 PM
Zero Wing (E) (Genesis/MD)

AAHA-BE9N
Pause the game, press C, then unpause for Debug menu. The Debug menu has invincibility, level select, weapon power-up, etc.

Tony H
12-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel (Genesis)

J33T-CA6R
Pause the game and press any button to go the the level select screen

Tony H
12-09-2017, 12:20 AM

BC0A-AA3L +
AC4A-AA2W +
BG0A-AAB6
Jump in mid-air (Multi-jump)

Tony H
12-10-2017, 12:10 AM

9K3T-CAET
Pause the game and press A or B to get infinite energy, infinite lives, and infinite Shurikens, as well as going to the level select screen

9CXA-B96L
Jump higher when standing still

9CWA-B93E
Jump higher when running

Tony H
12-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Aero the Acrobat 2 (Genesis)

BT6A-AA3N
Pause the game for level select menu.

AJ6A-AA3N +
JA6A-AABW
Pause the game and press A for level select menu.

RHDA-E6ZG
When you're at the level select menu, press Left for infinite energy and infinite lives options.

Tony H
01-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Vectorman 2 (Genesis)

AANT-EAFN
Pause the game and press UP to enable free movement. Use the directional pad to move anywhere on the screen. You'll be invincible and most enemies will die if you touch them. Repeat procedure to turn off.

AANT-EAFN +
JANT-EAFL
Pause the game and press A to enable free movement. Use the directional pad to move anywhere on the screen. You'll be invincible and most enemies will die if you touch them. Repeat procedure to turn off. You can use this code together with the "Pause and press UP for level select" code.

Tony H
01-10-2018, 12:34 PM
The Jungle Book (Genesis)

RF5B-26TL +
AF5B-2AA8
Pause the game and press B to enable the debug menu. The debugger contains: Map view, inf energy, inf lives, inf time, palette editor, level select, an option to keep you from falling thru openings to your death (Solid Floor), etc.

Enabling the debugger in The Jungle Book was very complicated. You had to be in a certain spot in the game, jump off a cliff, then as you were falling, you had to pause the game and enter 19 button presses. Screw that. lol.

Tony H
01-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)

RGHT-A612 +
JCHT-B202
Pause the game and press any button for invincibility.

JCHT-B202 +
ACHT-BE9R +
AWJA-B226
Pause the game and press A to refill your energy, or press C for invincibility.

JCHT-B202 +
ACHT-BE9R +
BWJA-B226
Pause the game and press A to upgrade your weapon, or press C for invincibility.

JCHT-B202 +
ACHT-BE9R +
CWJA-B226
Pause the game and press A to go to level select menu, or press C for invincibility.

Tony H
01-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)

JCHT-B202 +
ACHT-BE9R +
CCJT-AAP0 +
BCJT-AAZ6 +
CCJT-BAGJ
Pause the game and press A for weapon upgrade, press B for the level select menu, press C for invincibility, press Down to refill your energy, or press Right to add another life.

JCHT-B202 +
ACHT-BE9R
Pause the game and press Down to refill your energy, press Right to add another life, or press C for invincibility.

Tony H
02-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Mutant League Football (Genesis)

ABMA-4A4N
Can not be tackled. As long as you get the ball, you can easily run for a touchdown without ever getting tackled. Also applies to your opponent, so you will need to turn the code off when the other team has the ball.

FA4T-2A3C +
DALA-4A2W
Can run out of bounds on the sidelines and easily run all the way for a touchdown (Right side only). Many of the defensive players will not follow you out of bounds.

BJ5T-2A4R
Can run over land mines without blowing up and fumbling the ball.

FA4A-2A9L
Can run over open areas on the field without being sucked out.

Tony H
02-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Genesis)

REEA-A618
Enables all cheats. Pause and press A for invincibility (repeat to turn off). Pause and hold B for slow motion. Pause and tap C for frame advance.

AATA-CA6E
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("walk on air") (when moving Right only). Press Jump to drop down. Code is mainly designed to get across difficult areas like the bridges in Village of Decay, so it's best to only turn the code on when you need it. You can fall and die if you press jump when there's nothing beneath you.

Tony H
02-06-2018, 05:29 PM

MJJA-CA7T
Invincibility (non flashing type). Protects you from everything except falling.

Tony H
02-06-2018, 07:07 PM

ACCA-BA9R +
RGCA-A61T
Play as the old man.

AWCA-BA9R +
RGCA-A61T
Play as the duck. The duck can't climb up ladders. If your duck gets stuck on a ladder, just tap Down.

Tony H
02-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing (Genesis/MD)

These codes are for the USA version. Codes for the European version are below.

RECA-A6W4
Master code. Lets the game load when using codes.

DACA-AA4C
Improved master code. Lets the game load when using codes, and makes the game load faster.

KKMA-AK4N
Accelerate much faster. When a race first starts, you can easily pass most or all of the cars in front of you. Note that this code doesn't increase your top speed.

These codes are for the European version of Nigel Mansell Racing...

G28T-AA4G
Master code. Lets the game load when using codes.

Chimaera
02-15-2018, 03:15 PM
When you get a chance, Tony, could you maybe work on some codes for Battlemaster? There are some health codes on GameHacking (https://gamehacking.org/game/14803), but they're in RAW format. Anything you can manage would be appreciated.

Tony H
02-15-2018, 08:51 PM
When you get a chance, Tony, could you maybe work on some codes for Battlemaster? There are some health codes on GameHacking (https://gamehacking.org/game/14803), but they're in RAW format. Anything you can manage would be appreciated.

I remember making those codes, and I'm almost certain that you and the enemy use the same routine for health. That means that an infinite health Game Genie code would also make the enemy have infinite health. There are ways around that problem, but it takes a lot of time to make a code for one character, let alone several. If I find time to do it, I'll post the results here, but no guarantees.

Tony H
02-21-2018, 05:35 PM
Sonic 3D Blast - Sonic 3D Flickies' Island (Genesis)

AVAT-AA4T
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("Walk on air"). Press Jump to drop down.

Pyron
03-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Tony H, hi my friend.

I'm face some problems with Double Dragon II, you can help me with the mas2ter code of this game?
Even in original rom the game freezes between round 1 and 2 on every emulator i tested it

Tony H
03-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Tony H, hi my friend.

I'm face some problems with Double Dragon II, you can help me with the mas2ter code of this game?
Even in original rom the game freezes between round 1 and 2 on every emulator i tested it

Hi Pyron, I just played Double Dragon II (Double Dragon II - The Revenge (Japan)) with some codes activated and I had no problems when going from mission 1 to mission 2.

EDIT: Is there a difference between "round" and "mission"?

Pyron
03-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Hi Pyron, I just played Double Dragon II (Double Dragon II - The Revenge (Japan)) with some codes activated and I had no problems when going from mission 1 to mission 2.

EDIT: Is there a difference between "round" and "mission"?

Yeah, when the screen fade out when you kill the boss its becomes black forever and the mission 2 dosen't starts, i tested with 3 different rooms and on 3 emulators, you can tell me the codes / rom / emulator used ?

*edit: I tested with fusion and it worked, but fusion is not hardware accurate so i don't know if it count

Tony H
03-15-2018, 08:01 PM
I'm using Gens. I already listed the ROM I'm using above. I tried it with and without codes and had no problem. Here is a screen shot right before the screen fades just to make sure we're talking about the same area.

Pyron
03-19-2018, 08:01 AM
Yes is the same area, i will try on real hardwarre on this week. I'm using the normal gens now and the new stage loads up. But is very strange because on exodus, debugens and others more advanced emus the game freezees. Thank you for test it Tony, its a great help.

Tony H
03-21-2018, 02:29 PM
Dashin' Desperadoes (Genesis)

ALEA-AA8R
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump) along with moon jump. Allows you to jump as high as you want by holding down the jump button, or you can keep tapping the jump button to do multi-jumps in mid-air.

ALKT-AA7A
Infinite dash.

R0NT-A60Y
Don't fall when you walk off ledges ("walk on air"). Only works on boss levels. Press Jump to drop down. You can "walk on air" above the boss and throw bombs without getting hit by his bombs.

ABST-CLCJ
Speed shoes last twice as long.

93ST-CACR
As soon as you pick-up the speed shoes start running, and when you reach full speed (in 1 or 2 seconds), you will warp to the end of the level and win the race.

AL6T-CA22
Boss cars don't move. Makes it very easy to blow the car up.

SX8A-DCGG +
AH8A-CAGJ
Only takes 7 hits to blow up boss cars (instead of 30 hits).

Barone
04-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Hi, Tony!

Please, allow me to request some codes:
Mystical Fighter (U)
- I would like to have a code which would make the Expert difficulty always enabled in the options menu (it only appears after you beat the game on Hard).
- And, if possible, code(s) to make the enemies walk faster.

Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan (Unl)
- Some code to change the timer (go slower or have higher value).
- Code for level select and/or invincibility.
- Code to make the enemies walk faster.

Tony H
04-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Hi Barone, working on some N64 codes right now, but will take a look at your requests shortly.

Tony H
04-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Hi, Tony!

Mystical Fighter (U)
- I would like to have a code which would make the Expert difficulty always enabled in the options menu (it only appears after you beat the game on Hard).

This code makes the "Expert" mode available in the Option menu, but I don't know how to tell if it's actually in the expert mode during game play. Test it and let me know...

Mystical Fighter (Genesis) Game Genie

ABBA-CA5A
Enables Expert mode in the Option menu.

Barone
04-05-2018, 10:08 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tony H again.

It worked! Thank you very much!

Tony H
04-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Hi, Tony!

Mystical Fighter (U)

Mystical Fighter (Genesis)

PCTA-BL0W
Enemies walk faster.

PCTA-BR0W
Enemies walk much faster.

Let me know which one is better (or maybe both are useful?). Haven't tested much, but the code may only work when the enemy is walking left. Also, has only been tested on the very first enemy, so not sure if it works on others.

EDIT: Once you let me know which one(s) you like, I'll make a code(s) for walking right if necessary.

GelmiR
05-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Looking for 2 codes for Spirou:

- Infinite lives
- Infinite Yellow Helicopter Fuel/Air Tank (fuel for the Chase/Poursuite level and air tank for Cave/Grotte level)

Rune has listed RAW codes for these on Gamehacking, but there are no actual Game Genie codes for them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Edit: Also interested in Infinite Time for Tintin in Tibet.

Tony H
05-11-2018, 09:00 PM
GelmiR, Spirou uses a shared routine for lives, fuel, air, etc, so it's difficult to make an "infinite" type Game Genie code for those items without affecting other things.

Here are some alternate codes that should work almost as good...

Spirou (E) Game Genie

JB3T-4AFA
Start each life with twice as much helicopter fuel (Chase/Poursuite level).

NB3T-4AFA
Start each life with 3x as much helicopter fuel (Chase/Poursuite level).

JC8A-4ACC
Start with 40 seconds of air every time you go in the water (Cave/Grotte level, Easy difficulty).

NC8A-4ACC
Start with 60 seconds of air every time you go in the water (Cave/Grotte level, Easy difficulty).

JC8A-4ACE
Start with 40 seconds of air every time you go in the water (Cave/Grotte level, Medium difficulty).

NC8A-4ACE
Start with 60 seconds of air every time you go in the water (Cave/Grotte level, Medium difficulty).

You'll find existing codes on my website (The Code Hut) that let you start with more lives.

========

Here's a code that you didn't request, but might be useful...

RFPA-6608
Turn code on at any time to automatically finish the level. You will get to see all the cut scenes and dialog and then go to the next level. Turn code off when you get to the level you want.

KnightWarrior
05-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Tony

Can you look for some Batman: Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) Game Genie

Keep your current Power-Up on Bosses when you die

Tony H
05-11-2018, 11:54 PM
GelmiR, here is the last of the codes you requested...

Tintin in Tibet (E) Game Genie

AVCV-GA92
Infinite time.

=========

KnightWarrior, I'll work on your code tomorrow.

Tony H
05-12-2018, 12:33 AM
Here is an improved version of the "Enable debugger" code on my site. This code doesn't have to be turned on when the game first starts (can be activated at any time)...

Spirou (E) Game Genie

AJNA-4A8J
Enable debugger (improved version). During game play, hold A and press Start. You will be able to select any level.

GelmiR
05-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Wow, thank you Tony! I have tested all the codes and can confirm they all work. Also, non-requested additional codes are always welcome :)

Tintin in Tibet infinite time code: I have played the first two levels with this code, works like a charm. Also (unlike Smurfs), no need to turn it off to complete a level.

Spirou:
The "complete level" and "improved debug" codes are very welcome and work great.
I extensively tested the air and gas codes, they all work great. Also cross-tested them on easy/medium, they work exactly as you stated. I noticed though that they stayed at 40 and 60. Turned off the code, it still stayed there.
Turns out that an infinite energy code by VisitntX (RF2A-460C) I was also using, applies to lives, air, and gas as well. I thought I'd let you know in case you would be interested in checking it out. I'm sorry by the way, I hope you don't feel like you made the codes for nothing, I'm still saving them for future use when I need more of a challenge.

These codes make these games a lot more fun and playable, thanks again! :)

Looking for some more for Smurfs 1. I'm not sure if they are possible.

Luge / the Descent level
Infinite energy. I'm currently using several codes to achieve this in the game, and one of them (ATNA-TA66) means insta-kill at one hit in this level. You made this code, so I thought you'd like to know that this one is best turned off in this level.

Falaise / the Cliff level
A code to "freeze" the log in place and keep it from turning. If it turns with the player on it, it's insta-death. The log consists of 2-3 parts, I'm not sure if a code for each part would be needed.

Mur / Gargamel's Manor House
A code to keep the bubble from bursting. A little to the left in this level, the player enters a bubble. This must be moved between thorn branches and enemies, one hit and it will burst. It also bursts when touching the top of the screen. It has to auto-burst at the end of the level. But I guess if needed, the code can be turned off, then.

These last two are mostly for fun, I wouldn't put too much time in it. Thanks in advance!

Edit:
I reached the area! I could reach the actual entrance after all, thanks to your "walk on air" code :D Don't think you can access it any other way... But I'm still interested in the no clip code though :)
I'm also interested (if at all possible) in a no-clip code for Pirates of Dark Water (USA, Europe) (May 1994). There's an area in the Port of Pandawa level that I've never been able to reach. There are lots of pots there, which always contain powerups.
The area I'm talking about can be accessed by using the Game Genie code for the level select (AJEA-AA7N) and selecting "PORT2". I'm mostly interested in such a code in hopes that it'll help me find out how to access this area. (Found it!)
It's a short distance from where you start. To open the gate, find the key in a pot on the top left of the screen. After you open the gate, go up, to the right, and down. That's where on the right, you'll already see 2 unreachable pots. The bottom one can be smashed open from this side (contains a potion). But there's a lot more of them in that specific area. Your "walk on air" code (R1TT-A60R) gave me a great view of the area. Again, any help is appreciated :)

Tony H
05-15-2018, 10:31 PM
Tony

Are the power-ups only for the bosses, or do you only lose them when you're fighting bosses?

EDIT: GelmiR, will get the rest of your codes shortly.

GelmiR
05-16-2018, 12:58 AM
Cool, thanks! :)

Tony H
05-16-2018, 02:24 PM
GelmiR, I've got your "No-Clip" code for Pirates of Dark Water (USA, Europe) (May 1994), but was having trouble figuring out how to progress through the level, so I haven't actually tested it in the location you were talking about, but the code should work.

Pirates of Dark Water (USA, Europe) (May 1994) Game Genie

AAYT-CA28 +
AAYT-CA2N
Walk thru doors.

=======

If you want to save code space, the first code is for walking Right, and the second code is for walking Left.

EDIT: Changed code description to "Walk thru doors".

GelmiR
05-16-2018, 03:58 PM
GelmiR, I've got your "No-Clip" code for Pirates of Dark Water (USA, Europe) (May 1994), but was having trouble figuring out how to progress through the level, so I haven't actually tested it in the location you were talking about, but the code should work.

AAYT-CA28 +
AAYT-CA2N
Walk thru walls (No-Clip).

=======

If you want to save code space, the first code is for walking Right, and the second code is for walking Left.

Thanks Tony! Unfortunately, these codes only work on doors, not walls. I did test most of the game with these codes and must say, they are a great alternative to having "unlimited keys on pickup" or "keep keys for the round". Single exception was 1 door in Port of Pandawa just prior to the boss, the codes worked on all other doors in that level and in all other levels. So thanks, still saving these!
Would it be possible to have codes where the clip effect works on walls as well? I'd prefer the effect to work on both doors and walls, but I'd be happy with whatever you have time for / feel like working on :)

KnightWarrior
05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Are the power-ups only for the bosses, or do you only lose them when you're fighting bosses?

Nope, It's for Batman, On the NES version you can keep your weapon when you die

Tony H
05-16-2018, 09:31 PM
GelmiR, give this one a try. One code seems to work in both directions.

AC9T-AA2J
Walk thru walls (no-clip).

EDIT: I will change the description of the other code to "Walk thru doors".

GelmiR
05-17-2018, 03:52 AM
GelmiR, give this one a try. One code seems to work in both directions.

AC9T-AA2J
Walk thru walls (no-clip).

EDIT: I will change the description of the other code to "Walk thru doors".

Great, thanks Tony! I tested it; it reminds me of the LAPOGO cheat in Star Wars Dark Forces. The code disables height checking. If you walk up to a wall with a ledge above it, you will move up to that ledge. So no clip doesn't always work, but I have been able to reach the places I wanted to. Also, it seems obvious, but I still wanted to mention that it is possible to get stuck.
With this code and Walk On Air, I should be able to find the last secrets in the game. Thanks again :)

Tony H
05-17-2018, 06:14 PM
KnightWarrior, as you can see on the code page for Batman - Revenge of the Joker, after all these years, no one has found the RAM addresses for the weapon power-ups: https://gamehacking.org/game/14796

In order to make the "Keep weapon power-ups after you die", I'll need to find those RAM addresses. So far I haven't had any luck, but will try a few other ideas. Will post the codes if I find them.

GelmiR, will take a look at the rest of your requests tomorrow.

Tony H
05-18-2018, 12:36 AM
KnightWarrior, haven't found the code you wanted yet, but didn't want to leave you empty handed. While looking for the weapon info, I made this code. Should be useful.

Batman - Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) Game Genie

AKBT-CA4E
1 shot kills enemy.

Seems to work with all weapons. Haven't tested it on bosses.

GelmiR
05-18-2018, 03:25 AM
Thanks!

I have a question on some existing Smurfs codes you made.

Invincibility
AT2A-TA7N Works great.

Infinite energy (hearts) 3 codes

ATTA-TA7N
This one protects the player from most hits; touching enemies, projectiles, explosions, etc. It does need to be turned off for the Descent level. The Descent is a 3D level (sort of like Mickey Mania where you run from the moose) in which you ride a sled down a snowy mountain. If you get hit in that level, the heart meter does not go down - but it will kill you instantly. I don't think there is a code for health for that level.

ATNA-TA66
ATNT-TA8Y
I have turned off all other codes, including of course invincibility. But I have not been able to find out what these codes do. I have been able to play through most of the game with just ATTA-TA7N. I tried them individually for several getting hit effects, but can't figure it out. Do you know of another way of finding out why 3 codes would be needed for infinite energy?

Tony H
05-18-2018, 01:33 PM
GelmiR, I made that 3 part energy code a looong time ago, so don't remember the specifics. It's possible that I included the other 2 codes because I saw that they could affect energy, but wasn't sure, so I may have included them just to be safe.

So you're pretty confident that the other 2 codes aren't necessary for infinite energy? If so, I'll remove them. I'll also amend the code description so it says to turn it off on the Descent level.

GelmiR
05-18-2018, 02:00 PM
No worries, I didn't think there was some other way to check :) But yes I'm sure, at least, those other 2 codes didn't do anything for me.
I turned debug and ATTA-TA7N off and tested them individually on specific things that'd hurt the player, I've encountered no effects.
Edit: Which I don't mind, I prefer to have as less code slots used as possible :)

Tony H
05-18-2018, 02:40 PM
OK, updated the code on my site, and at GameHacking dot org. Thanks for the heads up GelmiR.

I think you had a couple other requests for The Smurfs. Will take a look at those next.

EDIT: I used the ATTA-TA7N code by itself, and it seemed to work fine for me too.

GelmiR
05-18-2018, 02:57 PM
You're welcome :) Thanks for looking into the other requests!

Tony H
05-18-2018, 07:45 PM
GelmiR, finally figured out the mystery of the 2 extra codes for infinite energy in The Smurfs. I was making infinite energy codes for the Descent level, and I noticed that the two codes I made for that looked similar to the two codes that didn't seem to do anything for the original infinite energy code(s). I'm certain that I included those 2 extra infinite energy codes because I didn't know what they did, but I knew they had something to do with energy, so I added them to be safe. The only problem is that I didn't make those 2 codes correctly, which is why one of them caused instant death in Descent. If you would have tested some more, I think you would have found out the the other code would have caused instant death if you went into the water.

Anyways, I've corrected the 2 codes and they seem to work fine in the Descent level now. I'm going to leave the two sets of codes separate (one for Descent, and one for everything else).

The Smurfs (E) (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

C2NA-TA66 +
C2NT-TA8Y
Infinite energy (hearts) in Descent (Luge) level. The first code is for rocks and other obstacles, and the second code is for when you fall in the water.

Tony H
05-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Tony

Have only tested it a little, but seems to work fine.

ATDT-CA82
Keep weapon power-ups after you die.

GelmiR
05-19-2018, 08:24 AM
I see that in one of my previous posts, I stated that infinite hearts (ATTA-TA7N) would insta-kill the player when getting hit in the Descent level. This is not true. This code can be kept on at all times. You were right about me not having tested the other two codes enough, so I tested them more on the Descent level:
ATNA-TA66 - This is the code that would kill at a single hit.
ATNT-TA8Y - This one doesn't insta-kill when landing in water, but actually does offer protection from it. So infinite hearts from getting in the water.

As for the 2 new codes for Descent, tested them and they work great, thanks! :)

Tony H
05-19-2018, 10:48 AM
GelmiR, Haven't tested this all the way thru, so let me know if there are problems.

The Smurfs (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

AW8T-TA8G
Freezes the log on Falaise / Cliff level, and gets rid of the lava in Volcano levels. May cause some side effects on other levels, so probably best to only turn it on when needed.

GelmiR
05-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Did a quick test, the code works perfectly on the log, thanks! :D It does have some funny side effects, which I think apply to most levels, as well as cut-scenes and the smurfs on the map screen. Enemies are either frozen, twitchy, or sliding instead of walking or flying. Also, powerups either don't spin, or spin like crazy. It doesn't bother me, though. I can just turn it on during the log level and turn it off afterwards, so thanks! :D But the effects are really funny, I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow.

Edit, tested it on most levels:
I found a very welcome additional effect to the log code :)
Lava in Volcano levels is also frozen! Actually, with the code on, it doesn't even appear. Keep the code on, if you turn it off and the lave appears, turning it back on will not help.

Lots of side effects, here is all I could find so far:
- Smurfs in the map screen holding the banner (sped up, frozen)
- Cutscenes when a smurf is rescued (sped up)
- Game won't contine when having received a password, will have to turn off the code first
- Powerups (frozen, sped up, can't pick them up, can't open toadstools with powerups)
- Can't open doors in level 1
- Water animation is sped up or frozen
- Greedy Smurf can only throw a pie once if code has been turned off/on
- Cannot control player when inside the bubble in the last level
- Enemies (sped up, frozen, slide without animation, twitchy)
- Enemies it does not affect: Big birds and black flies
- Code does not affect all bosses

The frozen, sped up effects interchange as you turn the code on and off during gameplay.

Tony H
05-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll update the code description.

The reason it affects so many things is because the code stops the timer that determines how long between times that the log rotates. This timer appears to be used in many other areas of the game.

Tony H
05-20-2018, 08:08 PM
GelmiR, I think is the last of your requests (let me know if I missed any). The code seems to work pretty good, and no need to turn it off at the end of the level.

The Smurfs (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RZJA-T6TN
The bubble will not burst in the Mur / Gargamel's Manor House level. You're invincible while in the bubble (although some butterflies may hurt you). Do not go past the very top of the screen or you may get stuck. Also, make sure you touch the "Exit" sign at the end of the level to exit).

GelmiR
05-21-2018, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the additional info! I've had a lot of fun testing this code :) A note on the volcano levels though; it's best if the code has been activated before the levels load. Activating them afterwards will cause problems. The lava will rise and can't be stopped by turning the code on. Also, only the top of the lava seems to kill the player. When you die, you will restart at the beginning, but the lava will still be there - obstructing almost everything in the level. So it's best to turn it on before the level loads, so the lava won't even appear.

As for the bubble code, it works great - thanks! :) Some notes on the code:
- Do not go beyond the top of the screen, you will get stuck. Turning code off will not fix this.
- Code needs to be turned off at the exit of the level.
- Sometimes I'd get hit by butterflies and the bubble would burst - sometimes it wouldn't (couldn't figure out why/when). It doesn't matter for me, they can be easily avoided. The thorn branches were the problem for me.

Yeah those were my requests, thanks again! :) Unless you feel like working on a Fantasia code I'd like?

Tony H
05-21-2018, 11:34 AM
Yeah those were my requests, thanks again! :) Unless you feel like working on a Fantasia code I'd like?

Sure, what is it?

EDIT: As for the Smurf "Bubble" code, I had no trouble with the insects, and I didn't have to turn the code off at the end. Are you playing on an emulator or real hardware?

GelmiR
05-21-2018, 02:14 PM
I am playing on an emulator, it's Genesis Plus GX. I tested it again, and can't seem to find the logic here. Do I need any invincibility or infinite health codes active as well? I only have the one for debug and the bubble for now. Anyway, the most recent test; touched the first butterfly straight up, bubble bursted. Entered bubble again, flew to the top right, could touch two other butterflies without bursting. Floated back to the first butterfly, it did not burst. So I thought, maybe it needs to burst once and won't a second time. But no. I don't mind as they are easy to avoid - I'm just interested in the logic here, if there is any :) Can't seem to reproduce any of it...
As for the end of the level, I'm used to the bubble auto-bursting. I was at the top of that entrance, but floating down indeed still ends the level. So you're right, code does not need to be turned off at the end.

Fantasia wants you to either collect a certain number of music notes or a high enough score. It is as below (taken from the manual):
- Water World -> Easy: 3 notes or 60000 points | Normal: 5 notes or 100000 poins | Hard: 8 notes or 160000 points
- Earth World -> Easy: 5 notes or 100000 points | Normal: 7 notes or 140000 points | Hard: 10 notes or 200000 points
- Air World -> Easy: 7 notes or 140000 points | Normal: 9 notes or 180000 points | Hard: 12 notes or 240000 points
- Fire World -> Easy: 9 notes or 180000 points | Normal: 11 notes or 220000 points | Hard: 14 notes or 280000 points

I'm looking for the easiest way to circumvent this, and just being able to play through the game without having to worry about my score. If your score isn't high enough, the game will force you to replay the level. I think a code multiplier might be best, or every music note counts as 15 or something? Score might be better, as I don't know if those notes are easy to find. But I'm wondering if you might have a good idea for this?

Tony H
05-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Fantasia (Genesis) Game Genie

AKTT-AA3E
Most items are worth 10x as many points.

EDIT: Just realized that the code has only been tested on the medium difficulty. Should work on all difficulties though.

GelmiR
05-22-2018, 04:09 AM
And I realized I forgot to mention that I'd like a code for normal mode :) But anyway I did a quick test with Genesis Plus GX. It does indeed work on all difficulties:
- Easy: enemies give 10x as many points
- Normal: enemies give 20x as many points
- Hard: enemies give 30x as many points

Probably also has to do with the fact you need to hit them twice on normal and three times on hard (using small spells). The number above a defeated enemy will have the normal score, but the score meter on the bottom of the screen does correspond to the code effect. Will try a full playthrough soon for more testing, thanks! :)

By the way, did it matter for Smurfs that I used an emulator? Very first time I tried the code, I couldn't get hit by butterflies. But I haven't been able to replicate that.

Edit: I think the Fantasia code resets the score when you reach a million. Or, it takes off a million. I'll have to do some more testing.

Tony H
05-22-2018, 10:19 AM
By the way, did it matter for Smurfs that I used an emulator? Very first time I tried the code, I couldn't get hit by butterflies. But I haven't been able to replicate that.

Doesn't matter if you're using an emulator, I just thought that if you were using real hardware, that might explain the differences we were having. Now that I think about it, the very first time I used the code, I got hit by a butterfly.

Keep me posted on the Fantasia test results. Can figure out another solution if needed.

GelmiR
05-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Restarted the game on normal, got over a million and the score on the bottom of the screen resetted. After that, I made sure I'd end the level with a score under 100000 - the minimal to proceed to the next level. When Mickey tosses the music notes up in the air, it's clear that the game doesn't actually reset your score, as it's displayed as being well over a million there. It's just the meter on the bottom of the screen during gameplay that can't go higher than 9 digits. Though it's still kind of tricky to know if your score is high enough when you end the level. Though I can't think of a better solution than a multiplier. In any case, code works great - thanks :)

Tony H
05-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Another "extra" code...

BA3T-AA2J
Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Every time you press Jump, you'll go up higher. Turn the code off to drop down.

Really useful on most levels.

Tony H
05-22-2018, 11:13 PM
Batman - Revenge of the Joker (Genesis) Game Genie

K3TA-A7TA
Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Release directional pad (stop walking) to drop down. You can still jump while walking on air.

GelmiR
05-23-2018, 03:10 AM
That Fantasia code is useful indeed :) Thanks!

Do you also make Master System codes? I'm looking for some for Legend of Illusion (invincibility, infinite health, infinite lives). It was Brazil-only release from TecToy, game is in English though.

Tony H
05-23-2018, 07:59 PM
Do you also make Master System codes? I'm looking for some for Legend of Illusion (invincibility, infinite health, infinite lives). It was Brazil-only release from TecToy, game is in English though.

No, I've never done any Master System codes.

GelmiR
05-24-2018, 03:39 AM
Okay, no worries :) Would it be possible to make some for the EU/PAL Ecco the Tides of Time? What I'd like most is a code that enables the debugger. In it, you can activate infinite life - which I think is also for infinite air (though I'd have to test that). For Ecco 1, I also have a code to swim through walls, allowing you to swim around blokkades. If possible, I'd love that for this game as well. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Tony H
05-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Okay, no worries :) Would it be possible to make some for the EU/PAL Ecco the Tides of Time? What I'd like most is a code that enables the debugger. In it, you can activate infinite life - which I think is also for infinite air (though I'd have to test that). For Ecco 1, I also have a code to swim through walls, allowing you to swim around blokkades. If possible, I'd love that for this game as well. Thanks in advance for any help :)

The enable debug code exists for the US version of Ecco Tides of Time, and the swim thru walls code for Ecco 1 also exists. Note: The Swim thru walls code (by Helder) works better than my Swim thru rocks code.

Ecco Tides of Time: https://gamehacking.org/game/15053

Ecco 1: https://gamehacking.org/game/15058

GelmiR
05-25-2018, 04:00 AM
Okay, thanks :)

GelmiR
05-26-2018, 05:06 AM
In Fantasia, I can't seem to progress beyond the 2nd level using the code for the score multiplier. I get plenty of points, but Mickey throws up no music notes at all in the end/transition to next level. I think my score being too high is causing this.

Tony H
05-26-2018, 10:16 AM
In Fantasia, I can't seem to progress beyond the 2nd level using the code for the score multiplier. I get plenty of points, but Mickey throws up no music notes at all in the end/transition to next level. I think my score being too high is causing this.

I think the best solution would be to make a code that always allows you to pass the level, no matter how many points or notes you get. Is there any chance that you can supply me with a save state shortly before you get to the screen where your notes/score are added up and it is decided if you can proceed to the next level or not? That would save me a lot of time. Thanks.

GelmiR
05-26-2018, 10:30 AM
That'd be great :) Save is on its way to your mail!

Tony H
05-26-2018, 03:32 PM
Got your save state, but it's not compatible with the emulator I'm using (Gens Tracer). Not a problem though, only took 5 minutes with "Walk on air" and invincibility codes to get to the right spot.

However, there are a ton of checks on the score RAM address which takes more time to find the right code, so I'm going to try using the "Note" check instead. What do the "Notes" look like in the levels? Also, is there anyway to tell how many notes you have (ie. a note counter)?

GelmiR
05-26-2018, 03:43 PM
The notes look like an actual music note. They are blue, sometimes they stay in place, sometimes they move. I'm afraid there's no note counter... At least, not that I'm aware of.

Top left corner is what they look like in-game:
http://www.genkivideogames.com/images/G4061shots.jpg

Tony H
05-26-2018, 06:43 PM
May finally have a solution, but no guarantees. This code gives you double the normal amount of points, and the points that show up above the enemy/item you killed, matches the number of points you receive in your score. I'm hoping this fixes all the problems. Let me know.

JVTT-BVT8
Get double the normal points from enemies/items.

GelmiR
05-27-2018, 03:34 AM
Did a full test of the game on normal using the code. At the end of the game, I got close to having a score of a million. So before both reaching that, and ending the game. I made a save. First, I stayed under a million and ended the game. After that, I got over a million. Again, the meter at the bottom of the screen would take off a million, making it look like your score would reset. So I figured this would get me in trouble and display no notes at the end. But no, all notes would still be shown at the end, ending both the level and the game. So the code works great, thanks! :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that the code (as did the earlier ones) also affect the score you receive from obtaining powerups.

Tony H
05-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Dune: The Battle for Arrakis (Genesis) Game Genie

RFZT-J61N
All your troops and vehicles are invincible. Only applies to you, so you can still kill enemy troops and vehicles.

RH6T-A6TC
All your buildings are invincible. Only applies to you, so you can still destroy enemy buildings.

Superrayman3
07-02-2018, 07:36 PM
If I could make a request of my own, I need two codes for Puggsy NTSC, the first code I need is one that will disable the in-game SFX, the other code I need is one that will make Puggsy invincible during boss fights, I'm getting prepared to rip the OST using my VA6 Genesis Model 1 (still missing the Game Genie and a good audio capture card) and need these aforementioned codes so I can record certain tracks that are going to give me problems without them when the time comes (Polly Pirate being one of the biggest PITAs because of its intro which only plays once).

Tony H
07-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Superrayman, you'll find some Game Genie codes here that make you invincible against bosses: https://gamehacking.org/game/15712

As far as the SFX code, I normally don't do that kind of code, so will see what I can figure out and will let you know if I find anything.

Superrayman3
07-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Superrayman, you'll find some Game Genie codes here that make you invincible against bosses: https://gamehacking.org/game/15712Thanks for the heads up on those codes, didn't know those were out there already.

As far as the SFX code, I normally don't do that kind of code, so will see what I can figure out and will let you know if I find anything. Thanks Tony, hopefully this will be an easy thing for you to figure out, but then again it's hard to say, sound might be fundamentally different, I have no knowledge of this stuff so I'm not sure about that.

LinkueiBR
08-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Hey Tony H!

I have a SEGA GENESIS code request for you:
Hook is a really fun game, but the character movement is VERY slow (even running).
Can you make a code to make the character movement faster?

Thank you!

Tony H
08-22-2018, 12:27 AM
Hey Tony H!

I have a SEGA GENESIS code request for you:
Hook is a really fun game, but the character movement is VERY slow (even running).
Can you make a code to make the character movement faster?

Thank you!

Hook (USA) Genesis

EAJA-ACEE
Walk faster.

========

This code is completely adjustable, so let me know if you want it faster or slower.

MegaDriver
08-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Hello there mr. Tony H!

I would like to ask you something about Super Hang-On found in Mega Games I.

I noticed there is a code for making "Nitro Accelerates Up To 390 Km/H" here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/15459

But this code works in "original mode" only if bike is upgraded and then it is necessary to enter password for arcade mode..

Furthermore, the 390km speed doesn't keep constant, it continuously drops and speed up again.

Do you think it is possible to make this code work straight from "arcade mode" and keep the speed constant at 390km?

I am not sure if playing the game at 390km actually makes the game run faster or increases the sense of speed in any way, but maybe is worth a try?

Tony H
08-24-2018, 12:31 AM
MegaDriver, here are some codes to try out. I've only tested them in the Arcade mode. Pretty sure this is what you wanted. One of the codes lets you instantly accelerate to 390 km, and you will always stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. And it will work even if bike/engine hasn't been upgraded.

Mega Games I (E) Genesis/MD (Game Genie)

Super Hang-on

9W7T-BGMY
Instantly accelerate to 280 km. You'll stay at 280 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

9W7T-BGMY +
LL7T-ACD0
Instantly accelerate to 390 km. You'll stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA
Accelerate twice as fast. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA +
LL7T-ACD0
Accelerate twice as fast, and increases your top speed to 323 km. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

Superrayman3
08-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Hey Tony has there been any luck with finding a code to disable SFX in Puggsy?

MegaDriver
08-24-2018, 12:36 PM
MegaDriver, here are some codes to try out. I've only tested them in the Arcade mode. Pretty sure this is what you wanted. One of the codes lets you instantly accelerate to 390 km, and you will always stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. And it will work even if bike/engine hasn't been upgraded.

Mega Games I (E) Genesis/MD (Game Genie)

Super Hang-on

9W7T-BGMY
Instantly accelerate to 280 km. You'll stay at 280 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

9W7T-BGMY +
LL7T-ACD0
Instantly accelerate to 390 km. You'll stay at 390 km, even if you go off the road. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA
Accelerate twice as fast. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

TG7A-BFWA +
LL7T-ACD0
Accelerate twice as fast, and increases you top speed to 323 km. Works even if bike/engine isn't upgraded.

You just read my mind!
Yes, the codes work like a charm.
The two last options are probably the ones that give a more balanced gameplay, still within the game rules with the edge now on the player.
The option to 'accelerate twice as fast' is truly a game-changer and should have been made available since this game was put on stores, The improvement is a very welcome addition and, IMHO, increases the interest and quality of the Megadrive/Genesis port.

Thank you very much, you should be getting royalties from sega for this!

Just one question: is it possible to accelerate twice as fast, and have Nitro push speed to constant 390km (and still keeping brakes)? Maybe one thing excludes the other? Just a thought. What you gave us is already an excellent gift.

MegaDriver
08-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Hmmm..., now that I got the taste of it, I don't think I can't let go! :D

@Tony H:

Still regarding Super Hang-on on Mega Games I (E) Genesis/MD (and since you have already dipped your toe in this task), do you think there's any chance of increasing the rate of the left to right/right to left motion? I mean, would it be possible to improve the responsiveness of the directional controls by making the bike turn faster than it originally does?

I think these type of game-modifiers would be great to use on stock MD/Genesis (no overclocking) because it's a way of enhancing the gaming experience on such games (driving titles) that often only get better with an increase of cpu performance.

For instance, the very same Super Hang-on on Mega Games I (E) when run in an overclocked MD feels like it is already fast-tuned with these kind of hacks, therefore one doesn't feel the need to use them.

Ok, I feel like a child lost in a toy store and don't know were to go because there are all kinds of pretty thing around me.:)

I don't mean to abuse your goodwill but if my guess turns out right, could you please also take a look at OutRun?
I thinks that's another game that would strongly benefit from faster turning and, why not, unlocking the higher top-speed of Hyper mode in all other modes? Not sure if faster acceleration would be needed since the testarossa already pulls from low revs quite well and the game never feels "slow" as in SHO.

I promise never to bother you again!!:mrgreen:

Tony H
08-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Superrayman3, no luck on the SFX code for Puggsy.

MegaDriver, glad to hear the codes were helpful. Also, just wanted to say thanks for your wonderful response. I could tell that you really appreciated the codes. That's the type of response that keeps me making more codes. Will look into your other code requests this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Tony H
08-25-2018, 07:34 PM
MegaDriver, are you playing Mega Games I on real hardware with a Game Genie, or on an emulator? Did you need a master code to get the game to load (ie. did you get a blank/red screen?)

MegaDriver
08-26-2018, 04:49 AM
MegaDriver, are you playing Mega Games I on real hardware with a Game Genie, or on an emulator? Did you need a master code to get the game to load (ie. did you get a blank/red screen?)

Hi.

Yes, I am playing on real hardware with a GameGenie.
Mega Games I loads ok with no need for a master code.
(Outrun however needs a master code to start.)

Tony H
08-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Hi.

Yes, I am playing on real hardware with a GameGenie.
Mega Games I loads ok with no need for a master code.
(Outrun however needs a master code to start.)

Thanks for the info.

Here's a master code for anyone using an emulator...

Super Hang-On (Mega Games I) (E)

CJBT-AA4C
Master code (improved). Only needed if you get a blank/red screen when using the codes. Also makes the game load faster. Not needed on real hardware.

===========

Still working on your other requests.

MegaDriver
08-26-2018, 12:09 PM
@Tony H:

I think I discovered something important!

I also have cartridge of Super Hang-On Rev 0 (1989)(Sega) and I have been playing around with the codes found here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/16002

Now, if you use:

HBZT-AA9E (Master Code improved - by terpsfan101)

and

TGRA-BFYR (Accelerate twice as fast - your code)

and

LCRT-ACFY (Nitro Accelerates Up to 390 KM/H - by Whipon)

You get 2x faster acceleration and nitro pushes top speed to a constant 390Km!!! :o:o:o

And brakes still work!

Notice the sfx of nitro is higher pitched than normal.

So, this must also be possible to achieve on Super Hang-On (Mega Games I) (E).
However, I followed the same logic with the codes found here:

https://gamehacking.org/game/15459

and there is a glitch with speed when nitro is used, speeds up to 390 and then drops down, keeps repeating this cycle.

I think code LC7T-ACC6 (Nitro Accelerates Up To 390 Km/H by pferreira1983) may not be the right one.

What would be the equivalent code of LCRT-ACFY (Nitro Accelerates Up to 390 KM/H - by Whipon) on Super Hang-On (Mega Games I) (E)?

Tony H
08-26-2018, 08:53 PM
MegaDriver, give this one a try. Have not tested it.

LL7T-ACDG +
TG7A-BFWA
Accelerate twice as fast, and nitro accelerates up to 390 km.

MegaDriver
08-27-2018, 05:32 AM
MegaDriver, give this one a try. Have not tested it.

LL7T-ACDG +
TG7A-BFWA
Accelerate twice as fast, and nitro accelerates up to 390 km.

The codes are working!:D

Great!;)

Tony H
08-27-2018, 11:48 PM
Working on OutRun codes now.

This code is buggy sometimes, so I won't be adding it to my website, but it does work good when it works so I thought I would post it so you could play around with it. The code makes you accelerate much faster. The only problem is, that *sometimes* when you stop (by crashing, etc), the car won't accelerate anymore. That is a serious bug, but code is still fun to play around with. Also, code is completely adjustable (can modify the code so it accelerates faster or slower) Working on more codes.

Outrun (Genesis) Game Genie

BBCT-BE2R
Accelerate much faster. Code has a huge bug, so use at your own risk. :-) If the car stops (by crashing, etc), it sometimes won't start moving again. Doesn't always happen.

Tony H
08-27-2018, 11:52 PM
Another buggy code, but still fun to goof around with.

MBCT-BFTR
Accelerate much faster. Code is very buggy, so use at your own risk. Your top speed will be over 1000 mph. You'll go so fast, that it starts looking like you are going backwards.

MegaDriver
08-28-2018, 06:24 AM
Ok, first code is very interesting!, despite the bug.

This is precisely what makes me hold on to the MD/Genesis port, the possibility to fine-tune some aspects of the game (speed, acceleration, steering) to bring out all the potential of the game engine.

Along with Pyron's or Tor Landeel' color hack and your hacks, that could make for a definitive version of Outrun on the MD/Genesis!

MegaDriver
08-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Working on OutRun codes now.

This code is buggy sometimes, so I won't be adding it to my website, but it does work good when it works so I thought I would post it so you could play around with it. The code makes you accelerate much faster. The only problem is, that *sometimes* when you stop (by crashing, etc), the car won't accelerate anymore. That is a serious bug, but code is still fun to play around with. Also, code is completely adjustable (can modify the code so it accelerates faster or slower) Working on more codes.

BBCT-BE2R
Accelerate much faster. Code has a huge bug, so use at your own risk. :-) If the car stops (by crashing, etc), it sometimes won't start moving again. Doesn't always happen.

Maybe top speed is the factor to be taken into account?

On difficulty levels ranging from 'super-easy' to 'pro' Testarossa max speed is 293 km/h;
On 'Hyper' mode top speed is 345 km/h;

With code on I have reached a max speed in excess of 400km/h on certain levels!
But the backgrounds start to glitch around 360 km/h, so perhaps that's the limit for stability?

Would it not be nice to be able to set max speed of 324 km/h while retaining faster acceleration?
I am sure that would mean something to lots of people as they would recognize that as a hint to Ferrari F40 performance.. :)

Tony H
08-29-2018, 10:02 PM
Making some good progress. I've got a code that lets you completely adjust the amount of acceleration, and another code that lets you adjust your top speed in low gear. For now, I've only got codes for low gear, but will work on high gear codes if necessary.

The normal acceleration value is usually 3, and the code I've got below uses an acceleration value of 8. Let me know if you want more or less acceleration.

I'll post two different top speed codes for low gear. One is the top speed you mentioned for the Ferrari F40, and the other top speed is very close to the limit of the game before it starts to glitch. You posted speed values in km/h, but my game is showing values in mph (edit: just noticed the mph - km/h option). Anyways, here are the codes I've got for now...

BBCT-AAHC
Accelerate much faster in low gear. Will only work if used with one of the codes below.

JKCT-ACHA
Top speed in low gear is around 202 mph (324 km/h).

M3CT-ACHA
Top speed in low gear is around 222 mph (357 km/h).

Note: If you shift into high gear, you will probably slow down.

EDIT: Probably best to keep the car in low gear with these codes.

MegaDriver
08-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Making some good progress. I've got a code that lets you completely adjust the amount of acceleration, and another code that lets you adjust your top speed in low gear. For now, I've only got codes for low gear, but will work on high gear codes if necessary.

The normal acceleration value is usually 3, and the code I've got below uses an acceleration value of 8. Let me know if you want more or less acceleration.

I'll post two different top speed codes for low gear. One is the top speed you mentioned for the Ferrari F40, and the other top speed is very close to the limit of the game before it starts to glitch. You posted speed values in km/h, but my game is showing values in mph (edit: just noticed the mph - km/h option). Anyways, here are the codes I've got for now...

BBCT-AAHC
Accelerate much faster in low gear. Will only work if used with one of the codes below.

JKCT-ACHA
Top speed in low gear is around 202 mph (324 km/h).

M3CT-ACHA
Top speed in low gear is around 222 mph (357 km/h).

Note: If you shift into high gear, you will probably slow down.

EDIT: Probably best to keep the car in low gear with these codes.

@Tony H:

Wow, this is somethinhg completely unheard of!
The level of customization you achieved is just amazing.
I have to compliment you on your talent for finding these marvelous things hiding in games.

This open a whole new level of possibilities, so I think it wouldn't be fair if I was the only one to make suggestions. If anyone wants to step in - please do - and share thoughts and ideas about this.
I am sure Tony H. will listen to reasonable requests.

Ok then, if I may, I would like to propose the following:

Since I find the gaming experience of "accelerate - shift up - tire dust - max speed - blind corner! - brake and shift down - tire dust" an essential part of the Out Run ethos I think it would be most enjoyable if it is possible to

- accelerate much faster in low gear;
- keep low gear max speed at original 193 km/h;
- shift into hi gear;
(- eventually make acceleration faster in hi-gear, not sure if possible, and perhaps not even necessary)
- make hi gear top speed at 324km/h or 357 km/h (or limit for no-glitch? keep Hyper mode speed 345 km/h?)

Basically, I think this could be pulled of by enhancing the already existing Hyper mode, just by giving the testarossa a better acceleration in gears. :?:

Comments are on you, Tony!

Tony H
08-31-2018, 12:18 AM
MegaDriver, the way the game is programed, it uses lots of different values for acceleration in both low and high gear, so it's going to be difficult to get more acceleration in low and high gear within the 5 code limit of the Game Genie. I was able to do it with one code in low gear by forcing the game to skip over all of the acceleration values except the one I modified. Will be more difficult if high gear is also included. Give me some time to think about it and I'll see if I can figure something out, and keep it at 5 codes or less.

MegaDriver
08-31-2018, 05:20 AM
MegaDriver, the way the game is programed, it uses lots of different values for acceleration in both low and high gear, so it's going to be difficult to get more acceleration in low and high gear within the 5 code limit of the Game Genie. I was able to do it with one code in low gear by forcing the game to skip over all of the acceleration values except the one I modified. Will be more difficult if high gear is also included. Give me some time to think about it and I'll see if I can figure something out, and keep it at 5 codes or less.

Ah yes, you are rigth, the 5 code limit can be a constraint.
In that case I would say acceleration in low gear is more important than in hi gear.
Perhaps it's better to keep the codes you have already figured out and only adjust code for top speed in low gear?

That way we would have:

- Master code
- Code to adjust amount of acceleration
- Code to adjust top speed in low gear

Do you think it would be possible with two codes left to use, either:

- adjust top speed in hi gear

or

(enable hyper difficulty mode with button presses on controller and)

- have code(s) to increase acceleration in hi gear?

If, for whatever reasons, this turns out impossible to do then don't bother yourself anymore.
Could I please just ask you to adjust 'code for low gear top speed' so that it matches original value of 193 km/h?
I think that would make for a more balanced gameplay experience while keeping the improvements you have achieved.

Tony H
08-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Still working on other codes, but this one was easy to knock out. The speedometer was going between 190 km/h and 193 km/h. Let me know if you need that adjusted slightly.

Also, the "Top speed" codes when used by themselves (including the one below) will actually make you accelerate a little faster than normal. All of the Top Speed codes force an acceleration value of 3 (unless you add the "faster acceleration" code which would force a value of 8), but the acceleration values when you don't use any codes vary between 1 to 3, depending on how fast you're going. The acceleration value normally starts out at 3 when you take off, but will drop down to 2 as you go faster, then down to 1 as you go even faster. In part, this is to simulate the wind resistance etc that you would have when driving at faster speeds. A real car driving 20 mph can accelerate faster than a car driving 120 mph.

Outrun

1VCT-AAHA
Top speed in low gear is around 193 km/h.

MegaDriver
09-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Still working on other codes, but this one was easy to knock out. The speedometer was going between 190 km/h and 193 km/h. Let me know if you need that adjusted slightly.

Also, the "Top speed" codes when used by themselves (including the one below) will actually make you accelerate a little faster than normal. All of the Top Speed codes force an acceleration value of 3 (unless you add the "faster acceleration" code which would force a value of 8), but the acceleration values when you don't use any codes vary between 1 to 3, depending on how fast you're going. The acceleration value normally starts out at 3 when you take off, but will drop down to 2 as you go faster, then down to 1 as you go even faster. In part, this is to simulate the wind resistance etc that you would have when driving at faster speeds. A real car driving 20 mph can accelerate faster than a car driving 120 mph.

Outrun

1VCT-AAHA
Top speed in low gear is around 193 km/h.

Perfect!

No need to adjust, it's right on the spot!

Thank you, this is exactly what the game was in need.

it works like I thought:

-faster acceleration in low gear
-keep shifting up and down
-top speed increase via Hyper mode enabling

and you have the recipe for a much more enjoyable playing time with the Megadrive/Genesis port of Outrun!

Side note: If you add the Tyco power plug and the six button controller it's possible to improve a bit the handling of the car to cope better with the faster speeds.

Despite having played the saturn port (Sega Ages) of Outrun to death it's this tuned MD port that's giving me the kicks..:D
I think these feelings of joy and surprise are part of what give retrogaming a meaning - in this case, finding a way to improve an arcade conversion on a machine one knows it can't possibly be as good but yet when given the right "push" can deliver sensations closer to the real thing. :)

I guess it's true what they say about old being gold, this port just made it from 'good' to 'little gem' thanks to your efforts. ;)

Ok, if you manage somehow the miracle of squeezing more perfomance on high gear and fit that in the remaing slots of the gamegenie that would be awesome! :ok:

Superrayman3
09-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Superrayman3, no luck on the SFX code for Puggsy.That's a shame to hear I was hoping you'd be able to figure it out, oh well thanks for trying Tony.

Tony H
09-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Mega Driver, got some new codes for high gear acceleration. I do have a question though, do the codes I posted earlier for low gear work in both normal mode and Hyper mode?

New codes...

Outrun (Genesis)

EVDA-ACC2 +
BBDA-AAC4
Accelerate much faster in high gear. Top speed will be a little higher than normal (299 km/h). The faster acceleration starts at around 200 km/h.

===============

Have only tested in normal mode (probably won't work in Hyper mode). Will work on Hyper codes next (if necessary).

Edit: also, what is the normal top speed in normal mode high gear?

MegaDriver
09-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Mega Driver, got some new codes for high gear acceleration. I do have a question though, do the codes I posted earlier for low gear work in both normal mode and Hyper mode?

New codes...

Outrun (Genesis)

EVDA-ACC2 +
BBDA-AAC4
Accelerate much faster in high gear. Top speed will be about the same as normal (299 km/h). The faster acceleration starts at around 200 km/h.

===============

Have only tested in normal mode (probably won't work in Hyper mode). Will work on Hyper codes next (if necessary).

Edit: also, what is the normal top speed in normal mode high gear?

Great! Tested the codes and they are working.

Yes, codes for low gear work on normal modes ('super easy' to 'pro') and 'Hyper' mode.

But you are right, the new codes for high gear don't work in Hyper mode, only normal modes.

I think top speed in normal mode high gear is 293 km/h.

Can you find codes for hyper mode high gear? That is going to burn some rubber!!

Tony H
09-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Haven't been able to test these codes in Hyper Mode, so let me know if they work. There seems to be a slight discrepancy in the top speed in Hyper mode as far as what I've found in the ROM, and what you (and the internet) show. The ROM seems to indicate that the top speed in Hyper mode should be 400 km/h, but you and the internet show it as 345km/h. I've included both codes, so let me know the outcome.

Outrun (Genesis)

LFDT-ACDY +
BBDT-AAD0
Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 345 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

VBDT-ACDY +
BBDT-AAD0
Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 399 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

EDIT: Both of these codes will take affect when you reach about 200 km/h in high gear.

MegaDriver
09-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Haven't been able to test these codes in Hyper Mode, so let me know if they work. There seems to be a slight discrepancy in the top speed in Hyper mode as far as what I've found in the ROM, and what you (and the internet) show. The ROM seems to indicate that the top speed in Hyper mode should be 400 km/h, but you and the internet show it as 345km/h. I've included both codes, so let me know the outcome.

Outrun (Genesis)

LFDT-ACDY +
BBDT-AAD0
Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 345 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

VBDT-ACDY +
BBDT-AAD0
Accelerate much faster in high gear, with a top speed of 399 km/h. Works in Hyper Mode only.

EDIT: Both of these codes will take affect when you reach about 200 km/h in high gear.

Ok, I have tested them both on real hardware and they work! :ok:

However, around 360km/h the backgrounds start to glitch and break the game.

So, I would say the first set of codes (top speed of 345 km/h) is the one to use for a speedy driving!!

Of course that 345 km/h already requires super-human reflexes to avoid crashing into something. :)

Interesting that finding of yours but, in real hardware at least, Hyper mode clocks at 345 km/h. Maybe sega originally had plans to push it further but found the speed bug?

Anyway, this is it! :notworthy:

Tony H
09-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Genesis) Game Genie

RYYA-A6Y2
Invincibility from water hazards, skull hazards, lava, traps, etc. Also gives you protection from bullets, punches, etc. You also won't die when the timer reaches zero. You may get stuck in pits if they're deep enough. Can probably use the "Press Jump to hover" code to get out.

Tony H
09-07-2018, 10:03 PM

DMBA-AA8A
Press any button (A, B, or C) at the Lucasfilm screen for the level select menu.

Tony H
09-08-2018, 06:01 PM

6J3A-AF8J
Jump higher.

5A3A-BV0J
Jump much higher.

MegaDriver
09-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Just a quick off-topic question about something that's been bugging me.

Would it be possible to manipulate a rom file (with an hex editor?), change the values of certain addresses (according to corresponding gamegenie code(s) ) and burn the rom to a real chip, thus creating a physical cartridge of a game with cheats permanently activated?

Assman
09-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Just a quick off-topic question about something that's been bugging me.

Would it be possible to manipulate a rom file (with an hex editor?), change the values of certain addresses (according to corresponding gamegenie code(s) ) and burn the rom to a real chip, thus creating a physical cartridge of a game with cheats permanently activated?

Yes. There are programs like Game Genie Guy made specifically for the purpose of patching GG codes into the ROM file.

MegaDriver
09-14-2018, 10:14 AM
Yes. There are programs like Game Genie Guy made specifically for the purpose of patching GG codes into the ROM file.

Thanks, that's really great! :D

Tony H
10-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Addams Family Values (E) (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

ABSV-TA4J
Walk thru walls. Also protects you from spikes.

ABXV-TA66
Invincibility. Does not protect you from spikes. Can't pick up power ups when the code is on, but inventory items are still picked up when you touch them.

Tony H
10-09-2018, 10:53 PM

ACXB-TA6A
1 hit kills enemies. Also works on bosses.

BTDA-AAGN
Start a new game with twice as many skulls (6 skulls/2x energy).

DTDA-AAGN
Start a new game with all 14 skulls (full energy).

Tony H
10-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Could not find a single password on the internet for this game.

Addams Family Values (E) (Genesis/MD) Password

BBSVB3X7YVF
YJKSRS7JKSR
Start with all 14 skulls (max energy). You will start near Cousin It (Eastern Swamps).

Tony H
10-10-2018, 01:36 PM

AL8B-TA88 +
AMBV-TA6E +
AL7B-TA42
Always have all items. This includes: Keys, cookies, potions, weapons, etc. Even gives you items you normally can't get (Portal Potion & Black Egg).

Tony H
10-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Don't know if this type of code has been done before, but it seems to work pretty good. If a game doesn't have a level select screen, you can use the music or sound effects test screen instead. Just change the number of the song or sound effect to select the level. Will have to try this on some more games.

DJHB-1RX4 +
ATDA-AA78

Level select. Use the Sound Test number in the Option menu to select the level, then press A (you should hear the sound effect), then Exit and start the game. Make sure you turn the code off as soon as the level starts or the game may glitch when you press A. There doesn't seem to be any levels past number 17.

Tony H
10-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Castlevania Bloodlines has never had any kind of level select, so hopefully this code will be of some use.

DCET-B16A
Level select. Go to the Option menu and use the "SE" option number to choose which level you want to start on, then start the game.

LinkueiBR
10-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Hook (USA) Genesis

EAJA-ACEE
Walk faster.

========

This code is completely adjustable, so let me know if you want it faster or slower.

THANKS A LOT!!!

Castlevania Bloodlines has never had any kind of level select, so hopefully this code will be of some use.

DCET-B16A
Level select. Go to the Option menu and use the "SE" option number to choose which level you want to start on, then start the game.

Great code Tony!
Can you make a code that enable the John Morris upper attack (that was only possible in the air) possible in the ground?

Tony H
10-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Can you make a code that enable the John Morris upper attack (that was only possible in the air) possible in the ground?

Can you post a link on how to do it, or just explain it here?

LinkueiBR
10-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Can you post a link on how to do it, or just explain it here?

If you hold UP and press the Attack button in the air (during a jump) John Morris will do a upper attack with his wip. Would be cool if you can do this move in the ground just like Super Castlevania IV...

Tony H
10-15-2018, 08:45 PM

No luck with getting it to work on the ground, but was able to make another hopefully useful code...

Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis) Game Genie

E32A-CA9R
Whip will always grab/grapple on to something even if there's nothing above you. Just hold Up then jump and press A to swing with the whip. You can even keep repeating it and swing up as high or as far as you want.

LinkueiBR
10-16-2018, 01:24 AM
No luck with getting it to work on the ground, but was able to make another hopefully useful code...

Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis) Game Genie

E32A-CA9R
Whip will always grab/grapple on to something even if there's nothing above you. Just hold Up then jump and press A to swing with the whip. You can even keep repeating it and swing up as high or as far as you want.

Really cool and fun code!!!
John "Spidey" Morris LOL

GelmiR
10-20-2018, 07:58 AM
Tony, I tested some of the codes for Addams Family Values, the ones for:
- walk thru walls
- have all items (3 codes)
- invincibility

They all work great for me :) Thanks for making these!

Tony H
10-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Tony, I tested some of the codes for Addams Family Values, the ones for:
- walk thru walls
- have all items (3 codes)
- invincibility

They all work great for me :) Thanks for making these!

You're welcome GelmiR, hope they were helpful. First time I've ever played that game and I've got to say, that's a huge map it uses. You could wander around for days. lol.

Tony H
10-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Has never been a level select for this game, and with 55 levels, it really needed one. Not the most elegant level select, but it seems to work pretty good. :-)

Also note that I used the P1 (Left) controller configuration screen as the level select, so you can't configure your controller for P1. I made it so that it always uses the default controller config. If anyone wants a different configuration, let me know and I can change one of the codes.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Genesis) Game Genie

VWXT-B38N +
3CXT-BX8T +
G8YT-AAG4 +
RGZA-A6XT
Level select. Go to the Option menu (controller configuration screen) and press Down to increase the level number. Every time you press Down and hear the tone, it will add one to your starting level. Pressing Down 12 times (and hearing 12 tones) means you'll start on level 12.

GelmiR
10-21-2018, 03:11 AM
You're welcome GelmiR, hope they were helpful. First time I've ever played that game and I've got to say, that's a huge map it uses. You could wander around for days. lol.
Yeah, I still want to play through the whole game some day. Or I should say, try again - I got lost a lot the last time :P Your codes should make it a lot easier, and there's probably a map out there somewhere.

GelmiR
10-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Tony;
I did a quick test for all the other codes for Addams Family Values, everything worked for me :) The password you provided works as well. As for the 3 codes for all items:
AL8B-TA88 +
AMBV-TA6E +
AL7B-TA42
Always have all items. This includes: Keys, cookies, potions, weapons, etc. Even gives you items you normally can't get (Portal Potion & Black Egg).

I tried these codes seperately, as I liked to know if one of them was for keys, another for potions, etc. The 1st and 3rd code don't do anything on their own, but when I only entered the second code (AMBV-TA6E) it gave me all items. I turned off the game and only entered that code to confirm, and it seems to do the trick on its own. Could you check to be sure? And thanks again for making these codes! :D

I have a request for Terminator 2 Judgment Day, for the driving sequences. I already have an invincibility code that works fine, but would it be possible to make a NO CLIP code for these levels? I don't mind if you can just drive through the other traffic or through *everything* :)

Tony H
10-21-2018, 06:07 PM
GelmiR, it's possible that the single Have All Items code will work on it's own. I remember that one code made them visible, one code made them selectable, and another made them usable, but don't think I ever tested the code on it's own. I'll let you know if I find the same thing. Thanks for the heads up.

Will check out your request for T2 shortly.

Tony H
10-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Kid Chameleon (Genesis) Game Genie

AJEA-BA7Y +
S5GA-CAD0 +
AAGA-B69A +
21HA-DCSR +
JXHA-D39T
Level select. Go to the Option menu and use the "Controls" option to choose your starting level (by pressing Right). It will start out showing the level number, but after 9 it will start using random numbers, letters, shapes, etc, so you'll need to keep track of what level it is. There are over 100 levels.

Superrayman3
10-21-2018, 06:43 PM
Puggsy:
Keep music enabled while paused/Disable SFX upon resuming
ALAA-EA3X

This code works twofold, it keeps the music enabled while paused and disables all SFX upon resuming (these effects only activate once the game is paused otherwise everything works like normal, the only way to re-enable SFX after pausing is to exit the stage and enter again at which point everything resets back to what it would be during normal gameplay until the pause button is pressed again, and upon exiting a stage while these effects are active the final note played will be sustained until a different music track is loaded).

Tony H
10-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Nice code Superrayman.

GelmiR, If I use that Have All Items code by itself (AMBV-TA6E), all of the items are there, but none of them have labels, and any one of them that I try to use, I get a notice that says "You Don't Have That Item". I assume you get different results?

Superrayman3
10-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Nice code Superrayman.Thanks it's the best code I could get (I actually toyed around with another code that was able to remove most SFX without pausing, but some problematic SFX like gunshots I couldn't get to disable for some reason so while the code I posted isn't the exact solution I was hoping for it's good enough for ripping the OST which has been my goal for over a year so I'm happy I can finally be able to do so and just in time for the 25th anniversary next month to boot 11/15/1993 for Europe and 1/6/1994 for the U.S. I'm going with the European '93 release date despite being born in the U.S. since '93 was the year I was born... I'm weird like that) although maybe you can help me with something Tony, recently I discovered that there's a short piece of unused music in Puggsy which can be heard here: https://youtu.be/shpVgXPewZY?t=3795 and I don't know how to access it in game, do you think you could try making a game genie code that replaces the first stage music with this track so I can rip it as well?

Tony H
10-22-2018, 12:33 AM
Superrayman, I haven't done much with music codes, so can't help you much with that.

GelmiR
10-22-2018, 04:05 AM
Oh, sorry about that Tony - I'll test the Addams Family Values codes seperately again and will let you know. I only saw it display all the items, I haven't tried using them. But I assume my results will be the same as yours, and that all 3 codes are required. Thanks for explaining what they do individually :) I'll test it to be sure, but I now doubt the single code will be enough.

GelmiR
10-22-2018, 04:53 AM
Dit some more testing for the codes to get all items in Addams Family Values :) Here goes:

AL8B-TA88
I think this code gives you the items, but doesn't display them. It does however display each item after having individually selected each one. You can select any item you like. But after unpausing and pausing the game again, only the last selected item will be visible.

AMBV-TA6E
This code only displays all items. When trying to select one, it will say that you do not have the item.

AL7B-TA42
This code labels all the items. Also works without the codes to obtain/view the items.

Tony H
10-22-2018, 08:12 PM
GelmiR, thanks for the detailed notes.

Couple things I wanted to point out about the codes for Addams Family values. This mainly applies if you decide to try and complete the entire game...

The walk thru walls code and the invincibility code are both codes that are just enabling cheats that were put into the game by the developers for testing, so they should work pretty good.

With the Have All Items code, you usually still have to go find certain important items in the game, even if it shows that you have it. This is actually a good thing because it makes you follow the correct path for the game, and makes you complete certain events in the game. In other words, just because you have a key for a special door in your inventory, you might still need to go find it before the door will unlock. I didn't do too much testing on this, so I'm not sure about the details.

GelmiR
10-23-2018, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the info Tony! :) Interesting, are there ways to turn on those codes without a Game Genie? Anyway, some more notes:

ABXV-TA66
Invincibility
- Spiked objects still hurt, though the Walk thru walls code (ABSV-TA4J) protects you from those.
- Can't pick up powerups when the code is on, inventory items are still automatically picked up when touching them

ABSV-TA4J
Walk thru walls
- Also offers protection from spiked objects

Tony H
10-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info Tony! :) Interesting, are there ways to turn on those codes without a Game Genie?

As far as I know, there's no way to enable them except with a Game Genie or PAR code.

And thanks for the code updates. I'll change the code descriptions.

Mad Moham
10-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Tony I know I bothered you fairly recently with a request for Speedball 2 codes, but would it be possible for you to look into a code for the EU version of SB2 that allows players to upgrade the team to 240 points per stat?

The game works like this, in League mode the highest a player can have their stats increased is 220 points, but in Knockout mode the maximum increases to 240 points. The game gets very hard near the end of a league playthrough so it would be fun to have the better players from the KO mode. For the purposes of testing, the infinite money code makes the process of upgrading players a fairly quick job. Thanks for any help with this one.

GelmiR
10-23-2018, 02:31 PM
As far as I know, there's no way to enable them except with a Game Genie or PAR code.

And thanks for the code updates. I'll change the code descriptions.
Okay thanks for the info, and you're welcome! :)

Tony H
10-23-2018, 05:37 PM
hybrid had noticed that the level select menu in Greendog - The Beached Surfer Dude didn't actually work. The menu is there and you can select any level you want, but that's it. Pressing start on any selected level just takes you to the beginning of the game.

We got it working though. And as an added bonus, you can now select and view the game ending/credits.

Greendog - The Beached Surfer Dude

A6NA-AAC6 +
JA6A-B0RJ +
AA6A-ABGL +
JENA-BTZE
Level select menu. Important: If you're using an emulator, you MUST reset the game with the codes turned on. Select the level you want and press Start. Note that if you select "Exit", it will take you to the game ending/credits. If you want to select Granada (the starting level), you'll need to move the selection down one and then back to Grenada. All other level selections work fine.

Tony H
10-23-2018, 07:29 PM
Tony I know I bothered you fairly recently with a request for Speedball 2 codes, but would it be possible for you to look into a code for the EU version of SB2 that allows players to upgrade the team to 240 points per stat?

The game works like this, in League mode the highest a player can have their stats increased is 220 points, but in Knockout mode the maximum increases to 240 points. The game gets very hard near the end of a league playthrough so it would be fun to have the better players from the KO mode. For the purposes of testing, the infinite money code makes the process of upgrading players a fairly quick job. Thanks for any help with this one.

Will take a look at that as soon as I'm done with the T2 Judgement Day code.

Tony H
10-23-2018, 08:46 PM
I have a request for Terminator 2 Judgment Day, for the driving sequences. I already have an invincibility code that works fine, but would it be possible to make a NO CLIP code for these levels? I don't mind if you can just drive through the other traffic or through *everything* :)

Give this a try and let me know. Seems to work pretty good. I can see why you wanted that code. Hard to control the motorcycle to avoid the other vehicles.

Terminator 2 Judgment Day (Genesis) Game Genie

ADFT-AA66
No-clip mode when in driving levels (AKA you can drive thru cars, trucks, etc).

Edit: The No-clip mode is only for traffic.

GelmiR
10-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Give this a try and let me know. Seems to work pretty good. I can see why you wanted that code. Hard to control the motorcycle to avoid the other vehicles.

Terminator 2 Judgment Day (Genesis) Game Genie

ADFT-AA66
No-clip mode when in driving levels (AKA you can drive thru cars, trucks, etc).

Edit: The No-clip mode is only for traffic.
Thanks! If you thought the driving levels were hard by bike - they get a lot worse when you have to drive a cop car, or van, and police chase you all the way to your destination. And by chase, I mean they bump and crash into you :P

I have played through the whole game with the code, so I can say I have tested it extensively. The first couple of driving levels, you drive a bike. But in later driving levels, you drive a police car, and in the last one, a van. I'm happy to say that the code works wonders on all the driving levels. It also functions as an infinite health code for those levels, as traffic collision is the only way to get damage. I haven't noticed any side-effects on the platform or driving levels. It's also very useful for training/mapping out routes.

Thanks a lot Tony!! :D

By the way, this game is very finicky using Game Genie codes on real hardware. I've long since given that up, and only use them on emulators. When using codes on real hardware, I'd often get an illegal instruction screen, or something called the debugging monitor (black screen, red text). I have not tested this specific code on real hardware though, so I can't say if people would run into those kind of errors.

Mad Moham
10-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Will take a look at that as soon as I'm done with the T2 Judgement Day code.

Thanks dude.

The extra 20 points makes a huge difference when playing some of the final teams in league mode.

*Edited to remove redundant screenshots.

Tony H
10-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Here are some more codes for T2: Judgment Day that were on my site, but not on GameHacking dot net. Made them a long time ago and must have missed them.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Genesis) Game Genie

9TSA-DGRW +
AASA-CK0Y +
96SA-CAG0 +
42SA-C0R2
Infinite energy (except in driving levels).

AD1A-HP0L
Knife throwers don't hurt you.

A13A-GG0E
Knee kick is much stronger. You can kill enemies with 1 kick.

GelmiR
10-24-2018, 02:04 PM
The last few years I have used these Terminator 2 Judgment Day codes by VisitntX for infinite energy (walking levels):
9X6A-BGEC
3D6A-AAEE
996A-AAEG
456A-A0NJ

I'm not entirely sure how they work, as I remember bullets, explosions, knives, etc. were all handled differently and would require individual Game Genie codes. When using these codes, I sometimes see the health go down for a couple of percent, but only for a split second. It then goes right back to 100%, so I guess it is constantly being written to be 100%? When turning off the first code, I got an illegal instruction screen and the game would freeze.

Anyway, thanks for those extra codes! :D Will make a new .pat file and do another playthrough using all of them. I will let you know how they work out for me :)

GelmiR
10-24-2018, 03:37 PM
AD1A-HP0L - Knife throwers don't hurt you.
Works fine, also applies to the club/stick things that hospital personell throw at you in level 4 (Pescadero State Hospital). Does not apply to the T-1000 stabbing you, so only works on projectiles.

A13A-GG0E - Knee kick is much stronger. You can kill enemies with 1 kick.
Works great. Enemies don't even fall, they just disappear after a second :P I also used Game Genie codes to start in later levels. You start without weapons though, but I wanted to test the Knee kick code, so that was perfect. But the player is supposed to have weapons at this point, so kicks and punches did not work for me. I didn't expect anything out of this though, I just had some fun testing this.

9TSA-DGRW +
AASA-CK0Y +
96SA-CAG0 +
42SA-C0R2
Infinite energy (except in driving levels).
Now these have some interesting side effects. My notes:
- Player health is (almost) always at 98% and will go back there pretty fast when damaged.
- Watch your health (goes down fairly fast) when healing John or Sarah.
- Side effect is that in some levels, enemies do not show up with these activated. Turning them off will make them appear as they normally would. This applies to John's house (level 2) when setting off the alarm, Enrique's compound (level 4) and Dyson's house (level 6), in which special forces would never show up. Turing the codes off restores the timer before they do show up.

I'm interested in how the inifinite energy codes prevent enemies from appearing, any idea how that works? :)

Tony H
10-24-2018, 03:51 PM
I'm interested in how the inifinite energy codes prevent enemies from appearing, any idea how that works? :)

I made that code a long time ago and don't remember the details. However, by looking at it I can tell that it is forcing a value into the RAM address for health. It's possible that the area of the ROM that I hi-jacked for the codes is causing the side effect. I usually look for safe areas to hi-jack, but may have made a mistake here. Can the level be completed with the enemies missing?

GelmiR
10-24-2018, 04:01 PM
I made that code a long time ago and don't remember the details. However, by looking at it I can tell that it is forcing a value into the RAM address for health. It's possible that the area of the ROM that I hi-jacked for the codes is causing the side effect. I usually look for safe areas to hi-jack, but may have made a mistake here. Can the level be completed with the enemies missing?
Yes, all those levels can be completed without the enemies. I made a mistake though, Enrique's compound is level 5. But that doesn't matter for the codes. Makes levels 5 and 6 a lot easier :)

Tony H
10-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Mad Moham, give this a try.

Speedball 2 (Europe) (Gamesis/MD) Game Genie

8BTT-AAFC
Maximum stat points is 240 in League mode (instead of 220).

9KTT-AAFC
Maximum stat points is 250 in League mode (instead of 220).

Mad Moham
10-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Mad Moham, give this a try.

Speedball 2 (Europe) (Gamesis/MD) Game Genie

8BTT-AAFC
Maximum stat points is 240 in League mode (instead of 220).

9KTT-AAFC
Maximum stat points is 250 in League mode (instead of 220).

Wow!
I think you might be the most awesome person on the planet right now. I think they should have made the game like that in the first place. I haven't tried it to the end of the game yet, will let you know when I do, but this should make the game a lot more playable after advancing to division 1.

Thanks, I would rep if I could.

Mad Moham
10-24-2018, 09:12 PM
I've now finished a playthrough with the code for 250 points. The game is indeed a lot more playable because players don't get injured so easily (a major problem in division 1).

Like I already said, the game should have shipped with 250 as the maximum value, I can't see any reason to lock stats at 220.