PDA

View Full Version : Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

GelmiR
10-25-2018, 06:48 AM
Spider-Man vs The Kingpin (Genesis)

NLKA-CA2J
Invincibility (you can walk thru enemies).

AKKA-CA5C
Some enemies don't move. This includes the dog, rat, thug, snake and Lizard.
Did a quick playthrough using these 2 codes. My findings:

NLKA-CA2J
Invincibility (you can walk thru enemies).
- The green highly toxic looking water in the sewer level still hurts.
- Projectiles still hurt. This includes bullets, Venom's webbing, Electro's bolts, Hobgoblin's pumpkin bombs, and the robots and lasers in the Caverns level.

AKKA-CA5C
Some enemies don't move. This includes the dog, rat, thug, snake and Lizard.
- Also works on Electro (in a way), he can only move up and down, and can't come towards you when walking away.
- Also works on Kingpin! This is very welcome! :)
- Needs to be turned off after defeating Kingpin, or the ending cutscene won't play out. The code applies to all characters in the cutscene, including Spider-Man.

edit: It also affects Spider-Man in the cutscenes between levels.

Tony H
10-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Thanks GelmiR, I'll update the code descriptions on those codes.

EDIT: Is the "Some enemies can't move" code worthwhile, or would it be better to get rid of it?

GelmiR
10-26-2018, 04:40 AM
You're welcome! I had some fun testing these, been looking to test more codes and stumbled upon them. Not sure why I didn't test them earlier, I must have forgotten. But yes, I would definitely keep the code around - its use against Kingpin alone is worth it! :)

It prevents Spidey from pacing back and forth in the cutscenes with the scrolling text, but there is no need to turn it of because of this. Also, both Lizard and Electro appear twice in the game. I would say it is mostly useful against bosses. Electro can still move, but only vertically. I can get you a full list of enemies it works on, but if I'd have to summarize the code:
- Some enemies can't move. Also affects the Lizard, Electro, and Kingpin bosses. Especially useful against Kingpin. Needs to be turned off after Kingpin is defeated.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I also did some more testing for the Addams Family Values codes. With the walk thru walls code, I accidentally entered a place I wasn't supposed to be, yet. I defeated a boss there and got a reward for it. Later, I used the key needed to open the door to get to this area. The boss would reappear (though only his moving parts) and I would get the reward again. Just thought you should know that bosses reappear and getting inventory items a second time do not screw up the game.

As for the invincibility code, I came across an inventory item that was not automatically picked up and also required the code to be turned off. Previous inventory items were out in the open, and picked up upon walking into them. This latest one however, was dropped by a boss. That matches the non-inventory items dropped by random enemies for which the code had to be turned off. I think the description needs to be changed to something like this:
- Needs to be turned off to pick up items dropped by enemies.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I have a question for the beta/proto version of Home Alone. The final version has 5 houses to explore/protect, but the beta has a 6th house in the south-east area of the map. It can't be entered, and I doubt an interior was ever finished. But is there some way you could take a look at it to be sure? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Tony H
10-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Many thanks for the code notes, will update them when I get home.

Will investigate the extra house in Home Alone. Sounds interesting.

One question... on Spiderman vs Kingpin, was it known by a different name? When I looked for the ROM in my usual spot, I couldn't find it. I found the ROM before, but I'm sure I had to look somewhere else. I also noticed that there aren't any codes for it at Gamehacking dot net under that name.

GelmiR
10-26-2018, 01:54 PM
You're welcome Tony! Thanks in advance for Home Alone :D The 6th house has a peace sign in the snow on its roof.
Edit: the text prompt to enter houses does not appear, but pressing start does work on the other 5 houses when in the right spot.

And yes, Spider-Man Vs. The Kingpin is only called that way in-game - on the box it just says "Spider-Man". It's this one:
https://gamehacking.org/game/15931

There's another one called "Spider-Man" by Acclaim, I think that one is also known as Spider-Man the Animated Series.

Tony H
10-26-2018, 09:57 PM
Got all the code descriptions updated (at GameHacking dot net and my site).

I took a look at Home Alone and have a code to try out. As far as I can tell, the code will allow you to enter the 6th house, but I think it's not really the 6th house. I believe you can press Start anywhere on the map and enter a house, but I haven't tested it enough and I'm not familiar enough with the game to know if I'm actually going into the 6th house. Maybe you can play around with it and see if you can verify that it's not really the 6th house.

From what I can tell, it's going to be fairly difficult to figure this one out. I've got a few more things I'm going to look at, and will keep you posted.

Here's the code...

RF9T-A61W

EDIT: This is for - Home Alone (USA) (Beta)

Tony H
10-26-2018, 11:34 PM
Good news, it looks like at least some of the programing is still there for the 6th house. These are the 6 different types of houses I've found: Colonial House, Farm House, Old House, Mansion, Modern House, and 60's House. From what I can tell, it's the "60's House" that was going to be used for the 6th house, but I haven't gone to all of the 5 other houses to verify that. Assuming that the 6th house was going to use the "60's House" type, I took a screen shot of it.

EDIT: I'm working on codes so that you can see it yourself, once it's verified that the 60's House is in fact the type that's used in the 6th house. Do you happen to know if the other 5 types of houses are the ones used in the other 5 normal houses?

GelmiR
10-27-2018, 12:52 AM
I won't have time for a proper reply until a few hours from now, but yes! 60's house is not in the final game :D Modern house is called Ultra modern house in final, and farm house is called Country house, but other than the name, they're the same. Sweet, any little bit of info'd make me happy - I love this game :D Thanks in advance!

Edit: The blueprint in the image you posted is actually the one of the Old house, I can tell because of the missing stairs. But that doesn't mean there's nothing there - if I remember correctly, they use that blueprint for more than 1 house in the proto.

Edit2: Sooner than I expected after all:

The other house that uses the Old House blueprint is the Modern House. I have some general info on the game for you.

Your goal is to prevent Harry and Marv (the Wet Bandits) from looting and flooding the neighborhood houses. You do this by setting traps and using weapons on them once inside a house, this fills up the PAIN meter. You have to fill up this meter before they can loot the house and fill up the LOOT meter. Once the timer has run out, the police will arrive and the game will be over.

You can collect items in the various houses, and in the map as well (by running over snowmen). Most of these items can be used to craft weapons. The crafting menu is accessed by pausing the game while inside a house (not sure if it works in the map area from the top of my head). In Beginner mode, weapons are auto-assembled when having certain items. In Expert mode, you will have to select the items and craft weapons yourself. Though I don't think you can change the settings from Beginner in the beta version.

If you enter a house before the Wet Bandits have entered it, you will get to see the blueprint (and name) of the house, and will be able to set traps.

Though the map in the beta looks quite different from the one in the final game, the locations of the houses are more or less the same.

TOP LEFT: Modern House (renamed Ultra Modern House in final)
TOP CENTER: The Mansion
TOP RIGHT: Colonial House

BOTTOM LEFT: Old House
BOTTOM CENTER: Farm House (renamed Country House in final)
BOTTOM RIGHT: 60s House (now known thanks to you :D only in beta)

Edlt3: House interiors are also mostly the same in beta and final, with some minor differences. I've seen Dollar signs instead of safes, the basement/lower level in one of the houses (I think Farm/Country House, but not sure right now) in beta is smaller, and some other minor things. But beta and final houses are nowhere near as different from each other as the outside area is.

Edit 4:

As far ask I can tell, the code will allow you to enter the 6th house, but I think it's not really the 6th house. I believe you can press Start anywhere on the map and enter a house
A quick test confirmed this, I think it was also the same house anywhere I'd press start - but I should try again to be 100% sure.
Tested it again, at first, pressing start will bring up the blueprint of the Modern House. After that, it will bring up the blueprint of the last visited house. Only the blueprint though, after pressing start you will continue outside.

Edit 5: Added attachment/screenshot for quick-view of the 5 house interiors.

Tony H
10-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Won't be home for awhile, but here's a bit of an update on Home Alone. There doesn't appear to any programming on the 6th house that allows you to press start near the front door and enter the house. I found that part of the programming and there are only 5 places for the 5 houses.

The best we can hope for is that we can use one of the existing houses to get inside of the 6th house, and that's if the interior of the 6th house is there.

Will investigate some more when I get home.

Edit: Thanks for all the help GelmiR!

GelmiR
10-27-2018, 02:31 PM
No, thank you! Getting to see the planned official name for the house was already a great little tidbit :D Hoping for the interior of course, but wether it's there are not - thanks for all the effort!

Tony H
10-27-2018, 05:59 PM
GelmiR, here's a Game Genie code that lets you see the "60's House" blueprint when you go into the house next to you when you first start the game (the Modern House).

Home Alone (Beta)

A4DT-AACR
Go into the first house when starting a new game to see the unused "60's House" blueprint.

GelmiR
10-28-2018, 12:08 AM
GelmiR, here's a Game Genie code that lets you see the "60's House" blueprint when you go into the house next to you when you first start the game (the Modern House).

Home Alone (Beta)

A4DT-AACR
Go into the first house when starting a new game to see the unused "60's House" blueprint.
Tested it, works! :D

Edit: Both the (Ultra) Modern House and 60's House use the Old House blueprint, though. I can tell because of the missing stairs to the attic. I guess they were placeholders :) But the name is there!

Tony H
10-28-2018, 06:00 PM
Finally figured out how the interior of the houses are loaded, and sadly, there are only 5 of them. :-( Well, at least we got the blue print.

GelmiR
10-29-2018, 05:02 AM
That's too bad, but then - I didn't hold high hopes for its existence. But seeing its planned name was already really cool :) Thank you very much for trying and the time/effort you have put into this! :D

Edit: By the way, if you are interested in making Game Genie codes for the final version of Home Alone, I'd be happy to test them extensively :) I'm not really looking for specific codes, so it would be mostly for if you're looking for a game to make codes for. I do have some codes for it, but the game always freezes a few minutes in when using them.

Tony H
10-30-2018, 12:54 AM
GelmiR, I checked to see if the 6th blue print was in the final release, but it's not.

Working on some new codes. You had mentioned that some of the codes caused the game to freeze. Let me know if you have any problems with these.

Home Alone (Genesis) Game Genie

AB7A-CEFG
Start a new game with 6 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).

AB7A-CGFG
Start a new game with 9 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).

GelmiR
10-30-2018, 02:02 AM
GelmiR, I checked to see if the 6th blue print was in the final release, but it's not.

Working on some new codes. You had mentioned that some of the codes caused the game to freeze. Let me know if you have any problems with these.

AB7A-CEFG
Start a new game with 6 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).

AB7A-CGFG
Start a new game with 9 of Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles (instead of only 3).
Wow, nice! Thanks, I'll give them a try today :D I've been using these codes, but the game freezes and I don't know why.

EARA-AA8Y master code
RFVA-C6TT infinite ammo
AKLT-CA5L infinite tires
AL1A-AA8Y infinite charge for sled
ALVA-AA44 freeze time
R1FA-A6XE freeze loot

I think it also froze with just Master and infinite loot, so I guess I'll try them out individually. Is Master code mostly for emulation, or hardware? I'm currently playing it with emulation, on which it always freezes when using these codes.

Edit: Thanks for checking the final version for the blueprint of the 60's House! :)

Edit 2: The new codes work fine for me :) I ran into only one issue:
Turning off the code and resetting the game will result in a checksum error. This is no big deal, but I should you should know anyway.

Edit 3: Messing around with your codes I got one (AB7A-C8FG) that made me start a new game with 45 Torches, Ice, Tar, Toys, and Marbles :) I'm not trying to take credit for it or anything, I didn't make this, only changed it around a little :P

Tony H
10-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Didn't have time to test these much, so let me know if there are any problems. Makes getting those high items a breeze.

9J4T-B94R
Jump higher. Only works when standing still.

9A4T-B94R
Jump much higher (all the way to the ceiling). Only works when standing still.

GelmiR
10-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Didn't have time to test these much, so let me know if there are any problems. Makes getting those high items a breeze.

9J4T-B94R
Jump higher. Only works when standing still.

9A4T-B94R
Jump much higher (all the way to the ceiling). Only works when standing still.
Nice! I just played the game again, really in the mood for it :) Will test these this evening!

Edit: By the way, could you at some point remake the Home Alone codes I've listed above? Or somehow find out why the game freezes when using them?

Tony H
10-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Edit: By the way, could you at some point remake the Home Alone codes I've listed above? Or somehow find out why the game freezes when using them?

Have never tried any of them. Do they freeze on real hardware or emulation? Do I have to do anything special to get the game to freeze?

GelmiR
10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
Have never tried any of them. Do they freeze on real hardware or emulation? Do I have to do anything special to get the game to freeze?
They freeze on emulation - haven't tried them on real hardware (don't have a physical Game Genie cartridge anymore). Last time, it froze only using these two:

EARA-AA8Y master code
R1FA-A6XE freeze loot

I will do some more testing. Just used them again on Expert mode, which gives you 40 minutes instead of 20 minutes. The loot meter didn't go up, but after about 5 minutes it was game over and the police showed up. Something is up with these codes. I remember that the infinite time code would also mess up the timer display, and possibly the game itself as well.

By the way, that checksum error I mentioned when turning off a Game Genie code and resetting the game? I found out that it does this with most of the codes.

Edit: Those high jump codes don't work for me, I'm afraid. My first guess is that we are using different region roms, but I think there's only a (World) version?

Tony H
10-31-2018, 04:36 PM
Have only tested these codes in the Mansion. Should work in all the other houses, but not sure. Tried waiting in some of the other houses, but gave up after several minutes (not sure what order the bad guys hit the houses in).

APXT-A2BC
The Torch causes 5x as much pain on the bad guys (Pain meter).

A3XT-BTBC
The Torch causes 10x as much pain on the bad guys (Pain meter). Using 2 torches will let you defeat the bad guys for that house (Pain meter will fill all the way up).

EDIT: Just saw your edit about the jump codes. Will think about that one.

EDIT2: Did you try the jump codes in the Mansion (that's the only house I tested them in)?

GelmiR
10-31-2018, 05:02 PM
Tried the jumping codes in the Mansion as well, but haven't gotten them to work there, either. I'm not sure about the order they hit the houses in, I'm not even sure if there is one. I think it's fixed in Beginner, and randomized in Expert, but not 100% sure. As for the torch codes, they work like a charm, thanks! :D

Tony H
10-31-2018, 05:24 PM
GelmiR, can you send me a copy of the ROM you're using? Either in a PM or email. You can get my email address from my website (The Code Hut). I just tested the jump code again and it works fine for me. We may have different ROMs.

GelmiR
10-31-2018, 05:30 PM
GelmiR, can you send me a copy of the ROM you're using? Either in a PM or email. You can get my email address from my website (The Code Hut). I just tested the jump code again and it works fine for me. We may have different ROMs.
Sure thing, just sent it to your e-mail address :) Thanks for looking into it!

Tony H
10-31-2018, 05:58 PM
The ROMs are identical. Double check that you entered the code correctly, then start a new game and go directly into the Mansion. Try jumping in the very first room when standing still.

EDIT: If you can, copy and paste the code into the emulator.

EDIT2: If you still can't get the jump code working, or if it's working but not all the time, try using this code together with the jump code...

ABJT-DA5W

So for the super high jump, use these two codes:

9A4T-B94R +
ABJT-DA5W

GelmiR
11-01-2018, 02:20 AM
I have correctly entered them (double-checked) and they are not working for me on their own when I start a new game and enter the Mansion. Could it be the emulator? With the additional code though, the Jump Even Higher code works! Also works in other houses :D

Tony H
11-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Glad we finally got the jump codes working. Have a question about them. You had mentioned something about an attic or something that requires two tires to get to. Is the highest jump code high enough to get to that?

GelmiR
11-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Glad we finally got the jump codes working. Have a question about them. You had mentioned something about an attic or something that requires two tires to get to. Is the highest jump code high enough to get to that?
Yes, it is! :D First time you jump, you will land on a shelf above the bed. Then, a second jump will take you up to the attic :) There's some screenshots in this topic to explain better what I meant:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?21551-Home-Alone-missing-attic

Edit: In case you'd want to add it to the description of the code, it's the attic of the Old House. It normally requires two tires to reach.

Tony H
11-01-2018, 09:48 PM
This code is pretty neat. It's fun shooting them with the BB gun, and they don't have any idea who's doing it. lol.

AATA-CA48
Bad guys can't see you.

GelmiR
11-02-2018, 02:09 AM
This code is pretty neat. It's fun shooting them with the BB gun, and they don't have any idea who's doing it. lol.

AATA-CA48
Bad guys can't see you.
Cool! Will try this in a few hours :) By the way, the jumping codes also (sort of) work when walking. When walking and pressing the jump button, you jump forward. But with the code enabled and when doing the same, I'd stop walking and jump straight up to the ceiling. Will test it one more time to be sure.

Edit: Tested the code, so far it works great - pretty neat indeed :D They do actually see you (they walk faster towards you when they do), but they can no longer pick you up and place you on a hook when they do :) Thanks!

Tony H
11-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Cool! Will try this in a few hours :) By the way, the jumping codes also (sort of) work when walking. When walking and pressing the jump button, you jump forward. But with the code enabled and when doing the same, I'd stop walking and jump straight up to the ceiling. Will test it one more time to be sure.

That is a side effect of the second part of the jump code. When I use this code by itself (9A4T-B94R), it only affects jumping when standing still. When walking and jumping, the jumping acts normally. When I add the second code (ABJT-DA5W) and try jumping while walking, it does the same as what you're saying (I stop moving and jump straight up). Still haven't figured out why the single jump code doesn't work for you.

GelmiR
11-02-2018, 03:22 PM
That is a side effect of the second part of the jump code. When I use this code by itself (9A4T-B94R), it only affects jumping when standing still. When walking and jumping, the jumping acts normally. When I add the second code (ABJT-DA5W) and try jumping while walking, it does the same as what you're saying (I stop moving and jump straight up). Still haven't figured out why the single jump code doesn't work for you.
Thanks for the info, Tony - that explains me why the codes didn't work for me! When it dawned on me, I even wondered "What does jumping without holding UP look like?". There you have it, pressing jump is a normal jump, and holding UP and pressing jump makes you jump a bit higher. I'm so used to having to hold UP, so that's what I was doing - and apparently holding it counts as "not standing still". Makes sense in a way, it just didn't occur to me. Sorry about that, I hope making the extra code didn't take up too much of your time! But at least, now we know why they didn't work for me.

Tony H
11-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Ah, makes sense. I never knew about the holding Up to make you jump higher. Mystery solved. 😁

Tony H
11-02-2018, 03:46 PM
I'll look into making high jump codes when pressing up.

Edit: And when walking

GelmiR
11-02-2018, 03:57 PM
Ah, makes sense. I never knew about the holding Up to make you jump higher. Mystery solved. 😁
Yeah :)

I'll look into making high jump codes when pressing up.

Edit: And when walking
Thanks! :)

Tony H
11-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Have some good news. Made a single code that works for all jumping. Someone suggested that I try making a code that modifies gravity. Had completely forgot about gravity codes. Seems to work fine. Let me know if it has any side effects.

ABRA-CALW
Jump higher. Also makes you fall slower (less gravity).

ABRA-DACW
Jump much higher. Also makes you fall slower (less gravity).

==========

I may not delete the other jump codes, in case people want to only make specific jumps higher.

EDIT: Another code...

33YA-AJEW
BB gun causes 10x as much pain on the bad guys (Pain meter).

GelmiR
11-03-2018, 05:37 AM
Have some good news. Made a single code that works for all jumping. Someone suggested that I try making a code that modifies gravity. Had completely forgot about gravity codes. Seems to work fine. Let me know if it has any side effects.

Home Alone (Genesis) Game Genei

ABRA-CALW
Jump higher. Also makes you fall slower (less gravity).

ABRA-DACW
Jump much higher. Also makes you fall slower (less gravity).

==========

I may not delete the other jump codes, in case people want to only make specific jumps higher.

33YA-AJEW
BB gun causes 10x as much pain on the bad guys (Pain meter).
Just tested the jumping and BB gun codes, they work great! :D The jumping codes do not only make you jump higher, but also farther! I could jump across an entire room with the "jump much higher" code :) Also, holding UP applies to these codes as well, it makes you jump up even higher (as it normally would). As for the BB gun code, 5 shots was enough (on Beginner) to fill up the pain meter and make the bandits leave the house. Very nice codes, thanks! :)

Tony H
11-04-2018, 12:23 AM
I started looking at some of the codes that you said were causing the game to freeze. I saw the problem with the inf ammo code you posted. I'm pretty sure this code below is done correctly, and shouldn't cause any problems.

Will look at the loot code tomorrow.

ABYA-AAE2
Infinite BB gun ammo.

GelmiR
11-04-2018, 02:24 AM
I started looking at some of the codes that you said were causing the game to freeze. I saw the problem with the inf ammo code you posted. I'm pretty sure this code below is done correctly, and shouldn't cause any problems.

Will look at the loot code tomorrow.

ABYA-AAE2
Infinite BB gun ammo.
Thanks Tony! Also tested it on bazooka, mortar, rifle and launcher weapons (to be sure), but it only works on the BB gun. I was testing a Super Ball Launcher when the bandits were in the house, and I could hear that one of them got hit. I thought, wow, what are the odds of that? I was in the Mansion at the top floor. But when I walked left, there was no bandit, so despite them being in the house, I didn't actually hit anyone. But it was clearly the sound of one of them hit by the Super Ball Launcher, though. So it might have some side effects :) I'll have to do some more testing.

Tony H
11-04-2018, 08:40 AM
That would not be caused by the inf BB gun ammo code.

The reason that those other people's codes are causing problems is because the instruction they modified does more than just handle ammo or loot, so it affects other parts of the game as well (causing the game to freeze).

GelmiR
11-04-2018, 08:58 AM
That would not be caused by the inf BB gun ammo code.

The reason that those other people's codes are causing problems is because the instruction they modified does more than just handle ammo or loot, so it affects other parts of the game as well.
Thanks for that info, Tony :) Though I am sure the infinite BB code was the only active code at the time. Maybe it was a glitch in the game itself, then.

Tony H
11-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Going to need a little help testing these 2 codes. These codes are for looting. I'm pretty sure that the 2 codes are for the 2 bad guys (1 code for each guy). If you only use 1 code, the looting will roughly be cut in half, and using both codes should stop looting altogether (but not 100% sure on that). One thing I don't know, is if the bad guys finish looting the house (and assuming the Loot meter is empty), will the house still flood, or will they just leave and move on the to the next house, or ??? Haven't had time to get that far. I did follow them around and I'm pretty sure I have the right bad guy labeled for the right code.

AKAA-CA52
Bad guy in the brown jacket won't loot anything. Nothing that he loots will be added to your loot meter.

AJ0A-CA7J
Bad guy in the blue jacket won't loot anything. Nothing that he loots will be added to your loot meter.

GelmiR
11-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Going to need a little help testing these 2 codes. These codes are for looting. I'm pretty sure that the 2 codes are for the 2 bad guys (1 code for each guy). If you only use 1 code, the looting will roughly be cut in half, and using both codes should stop looting altogether (but not 100% sure on that). One thing I don't know, is if the bad guys finish looting the house (and assuming the Loot meter is empty), will the house still flood, or will they just leave and move on the to the next house, or ??? Haven't had time to get that far. I did follow them around and I'm pretty sure I have the right bad guy labeled for the right code.

AKAA-CA52
Bad guy in the brown jacket won't loot anything. Nothing that he loots will be added to your loot meter.

AJ0A-CA7J
Bad guy in the blue jacket won't loot anything. Nothing that he loots will be added to your loot meter.
Thanks for these! I've only done a very quick test, but I have to double check if they are correctly labelled. The one in the brown jacket is called Marv, the one in the blue jacket is Harry. In any case, once they have looted all the safes, the meter insta-fills and the house is still flooded...

Edit: When outside, the loot meter does fill up with both codes active. That's not surprising though, as I figured a 3rd / individual code would be required for that. But I thought I would mention it anyway. Just seeing it happen now as I'm typing this and Kevin is just outside his own flooded house :P

Edit 2: Also, something is going on with the Pain meter. They got hit by the tarantula in the Mansion a lot, and it would not fill up. I also had the Invisible and infinite BB gun ammo on. When I noticed the Pain meter not filling up, I tried the BB gun on them, still nothing. Turning the infinite BB gun ammo off did it. Not sure if it's a combination of the codes, yet...

Tony H
11-05-2018, 08:45 PM
GelmiR, I could not duplicate the problem with the Pain meter while using the inf BB ammo code. I tried starting two new games (as well as a saved game) with the infinite BB gun ammo code, and the pain meter seemed to work fine.

When I get time, I'll see if I can figure out a solution to the Loot meter. Something else (besides the Loot meter) is keeping track of how many safes they have opened.

Also, a quick explanation on what a master code is (i recently noticed you had asked about it awhile back). Some Genesis games are programmed so that when they first boot up, it will add up every single byte in the ROM and compare that total with what the total should be. If the two don't match, the game assumes that something is wrong with the ROM, and it won't let the game start. This is called a checksum check. A Game Genie code changes the bytes in the ROM, so it causes the checksum check to fail. The master code just makes it so that the checksum check will always pass.

GelmiR
11-06-2018, 05:19 AM
GelmiR, I could not duplicate the problem with the Pain meter while using the inf BB ammo code. I tried starting two new games (as well as a saved game) with the infinite BB gun ammo code, and the pain meter seemed to work fine.

When I get time, I'll see if I can figure out a solution to the Loot meter. Something else (besides the Loot meter) is keeping track of how many safes they have opened.

Also, a quick explanation on what a master code is (i recently noticed you had asked about it awhile back). Some Genesis games are programmed so that when they first boot up, it will add up every single byte in the ROM and compare that total with what the total should be. If the two don't match, the game assumes that something is wrong with the ROM, and it won't let the game start. This is called a checksum check. A Game Genie code changes the bytes in the ROM, so it causes the checksum check to fail. The master code just makes it so that the checksum check will always pass.
I haven't been able to repeat it, either. Well actually I tried without ANY codes, and the first two BB shots didn't hurt the bandits. Neither did the spider "attacking" them several times. I think the spider just doesn't do any damage at all. Maybe I just assumed it did, as the robot in the Ultra Modern House does do damage. Forget what I said, in any case it is not because of the codes.

I would assume that once they have emptied all safes (which they can still do) it will always render the house looted? But then, I've never made any GG codes, so I wouldn't know... Thanks for all the info, also on the need for a Master code :)

Tony H
11-06-2018, 12:37 PM
I found the routine that knows when all the safes have been opened, and floods the house. I made a code so that the game thinks they've never opened all the safes, and the house never floods. The only potential problem I see, is that the bad guys appear to just stay in that house forever, or until you fill up the Pain meter (although I haven't actually tried that yet with this code).

Let me know if this code would be useful. You can use this code by itself (ie you don't need to use the other looting codes I made earlier).

A5HT-AA6Y
House will never flood (from looting).

GelmiR
11-06-2018, 02:01 PM
I found the routine that knows when all the safes have been opened, and floods the house. I made a code so that the game thinks they've never opened all the safes, and the house never floods. The only potential problem I see, is that the bad guys appear to just stay in that house forever, or until you fill up the Pain meter (although I haven't actually tried that yet with this code).

Let me know if this code would be useful. You can use this code by itself (ie you don't need to use the other looting codes I made earlier).

A5HT-AA6Y
Did a quick test; I entered the Mansion and let the bandits do their thing. I'm afraid the meter did fill up, they were able to empty the safes and the house got flooded. I double-checked the code, I entered/activated it correctly... If it had worked, though, I think you are right that the bandits would never leave the house until the Pain meter is filled up.

Tony H
11-06-2018, 02:19 PM
The code worked fine for me and the bad guys just kept walking around the house and they never left, even after the loot meter was full. I don't think a code for "no looting/no flooding" is going to work too well, so I'm not going to spend anymore time on it.

EDIT: The code doesn't stop the loot meter from filling up, it just stops the house from flooding.

GelmiR
11-06-2018, 02:40 PM
The code worked fine for me and the bad guys just kept walking around the house and they never left, even after the loot meter was full. I don't think a code for "no looting/no flooding" is going to work too well, so I'm not going to spend anymore time on it.

EDIT: The code doesn't stop the loot meter from filling up, it just stops the house from flooding.
I just tried again, started a new game and applied the code. The meter fills up, but they also manage to empty the safes. As soon as the meter fills up and the safes are empty, I get the message that the house is flooded and I'm dumped outside. We're using the same rom, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong (like pressing UP with the jumping code), but I'm 100% sure I entered the code correctly. No worries about not wanting to spend more time on such a code, though. I just hope you know how much I appreciate you making any codes at all for this game. Just to be sure; thanks! :D

Tony H
11-06-2018, 04:29 PM
You were right, I started a new game and tried the no flooding code and it didn't work. I must have been using a save state which messed things up. Anyways, I added a couple more codes and got it to work (I think). I'd be great if you could test it and let me know what your opinion is. Is the code worthwhile? I'm thinking that you won't be able to finish the game because the bad guys will never leave the first house (unless you fill up the pain meter). If you're going to be filling up the pain meter, these codes seem like a waste. However, you're much more knowledgeable about this game, so would like your input.

I only tested this in the "Beginner" mode. Keep in mind that they will still open the safes, and the loot meter will fill up, but the house shouldn't flood.

Home Alone

A5HT-AA6Y +
BA8A-CA2R +
BAYA-CA4C

KnightWarrior
11-06-2018, 11:24 PM
My is PC is down for a while, Have to get a new one, The browser I'm using doesn't display Gamehacking.org at all... My I have a list of Dual Language Codes, I think someone made for me

I got the Region Codes off your site, I still need Dual Language Codes for

Streets of Rage 2/Bare Knuckle 2
Ghouls 'N Ghosts Stays in Engish in a Japanese MD, Plays in Japanese in a Genesis
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - Region Code
The Revenge of Shinobi - Engish in a Japanese Mega Drive Rev A Rev 02
Thunderforce II Display Engish on a Japanes Mega Drive
Gaiares - Japanese text in game on a US Genesis, Engish on a Japanese Mega Drive

Again, if I have these codes already, Copy it for me, Gamehacking.org won't display on this browser

Tony H
11-07-2018, 12:31 AM
My is PC is down for a while, Have to get a new one, The browser I'm using doesn't display Gamehacking.org at all... My I have a list of Dual Language Codes, I think someone made for me

I got the Region Codes off your site, I still need Dual Language Codes for

Ghouls 'N Ghosts Stays in Engish in a Japanese MD, Plays in Japanese in a Genesis
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - Region Code
Thunderforce II Display Engish on a Japanes Mega Drive
Gaiares - Japanese text in game on a US Genesis, Engish on a Japanese Mega Drive

Again, if I have these codes already, Copy it for me, Gamehacking.org won't display on this browser

All of the regional lockout bypass codes I've made are on my site: http://codehut.gshi.org/RegionalBypassGG.txt

Here is a link to a more complete list (my codes are included): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/genesis/916377-genesis/faqs/60595

GelmiR
11-07-2018, 06:11 AM
You were right, I started a new game and tried the no flooding code and it didn't work. I must have been using a save state which messed things up. Anyways, I added a couple more codes and got it to work (I think). I'd be great if you could test it and let me know what your opinion is. Is the code worthwhile? I'm thinking that you won't be able to finish the game because the bad guys will never leave the first house (unless you fill up the pain meter). If you're going to be filling up the pain meter, these codes seem like a waste. However, you're much more knowledgeable about this game, so would like your input.

I only tested this in the "Beginner" mode. Keep in mind that they will still open the safes, and the loot meter will fill up, but the house shouldn't flood.

Home Alone

A5HT-AA6Y +
BA8A-CA2R +
BAYA-CA4C
I did some extensive testing on Expert mode. These codes (for me, anyway!) are PERFECT for training on Expert mode (more traps, more weapons). My findings:
- Don't stay outside when the Loot meter is filling up, the house will still get flooded.
- Once the Loot meter is full, you can leave the house any time and come back.
- The bandits will not leave the house until the Pain meter is full.
- Emptied-out safes will have been closed up again when re-entering a house.
- The bandits will revisit houses of which the Loot meter had been filled up fully.

I also found a nice side-effect for the "invisibility" code (AATA-CA48). Normally when walking into a bandit on the stairs, he will bump you up- or downstairs, depending on the direction their going. But when the code is active, they will clip right through you.

Thanks again Tony!! :)

Tony H
11-07-2018, 03:24 PM
I did some extensive testing on Expert mode. These codes (for me, anyway!) are PERFECT for training on Expert mode (more traps, more weapons). My findings:
- Don't stay outside when the Loot meter is filling up, the house will still get flooded.
- Once the Loot meter is full, you can leave the house any time and come back.
- The bandits will not leave the house until the Pain meter is full.
- Emptied-out safes will have been closed up again when re-entering a house.
- The bandits will revisit houses of which the Loot meter had been filled up fully.

I also found a nice side-effect for the "invisibility" code (AATA-CA48). Normally when walking into a bandit on the stairs, he will bump you up- or downstairs, depending on the direction their going. But when the code is active, they will clip right through you.

Thanks again Tony!! :)

Glad the code was useful. I will go ahead and add it to the usual places once I figure out how to word the description.

Unless you have a specific request, this will be the last of the codes for Home Alone. Actually a pretty good game once you understand what to do.

GelmiR
11-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Glad the code was useful. I will go ahead and add it to the usual places once I figure out how to word the description.

Unless you have a specific request, this will be the last of the codes for Home Alone. Actually a pretty good game once you understand what to do.
No more requests for Home Alone, thanks again Tony! I was wondering how you liked the game, glad you liked it :) I may be biased (like, a lot), but I think it's a very good licensed game. And a fun/creative one, at that.

I do have some ideas/questions for things to check in beta versions of Terminator 1 and Jurassic Park, but I don't want to seem greedy :P So if and whenever you feel like it.

KnightWarrior
11-07-2018, 07:21 PM
I got the TMNT one after I posted this

I still need Dual Language Codes for

I don't know who made me the Dual Language Codes for me

Tony H
11-07-2018, 08:10 PM
KnightWarrior, did you look at the second link I posted above? It should have codes for those games. I looked at the very first game on your list (Streets of Rage 2) and saw codes for it.

EDIT: GelmiR, what codes (or things checked) do you need for those Beta games?

KnightWarrior
11-07-2018, 08:56 PM
I ment for Dual Language Codes not the Region Codes, I found it

Like When I put in Streets of Rage 2 (U) in a Japanese Mega Drive, The Title Screen & Text would be in Engish with a GG Codes

Someone on Gamehacking or you made some codes for me, But I can't find them for the life of me

Tony H
11-07-2018, 09:09 PM
I ment for Dual Language Codes not the Region Codes, I found it

Like When I put in Streets of Rage 2 (U) in a Japanese Mega Drive, The Title Screen & Text would be in Engish with a GG Codes

Someone on Gamehacking or you made some codes for me, But I can't find them for the life of me

Ah, I did misunderstand. I think most of those codes are on Gamehacking dot org, or maybe on BSFree. I don't remember making any codes like that, but if I did, they would be on my site.

KnightWarrior
11-07-2018, 09:24 PM
Ah, I did misunderstand. I think most of those codes are on Gamehacking dot org, or maybe on BSFree. I don't remember making any codes like that, but if I did, they would be on my site.

Gamehacking.org doesn't work on this browser

Tony H
11-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Gamehacking.org doesn't work on this browser

Try a different browser, or use your phone to search the site.

There are almost 300 codes for Streets of Rage 2 alone. I don't have time to search thru all those codes.

KnightWarrior
11-07-2018, 11:29 PM
I don't have a phone

My PC is down, So I'm using the PS3's Browser, Most sites won't even display

"Page Cannot Display" I have to wait

GelmiR
11-08-2018, 04:56 AM
EDIT: GelmiR, what codes (or things checked) do you need for those Beta games?
It'd be cool of codes could make these things available/visible, but it's probably mostly research to see if it is still there. I'll explain below. No worries if it's something you'd rather not do or think it's not worth it, I'll understand.

The Terminator

There has been talk of an earlier version of the Terminator character in this game. I will provide a link to the topic below. Your name is also mentioned in it, something about a level modifier. The image was assumed to be lost, but I found it on Spritedatabase.net. It is listed on page 2 of the topic, though I will list it here as well. Mostly interested in the unused Arnie/Terminator, but the outlined endoskeleton sprites are also unused in the final game.

Terminator findings topic:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?15359-The-Terminator-(MD)-Findings/

I'm really curious if any of this is buried in the game somewhere?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Jurassic Park

A few years ago, I found a screenshot in a magazine that had Dr. Grant as an icon, with the health/lives bars and the weapon icon located underneath it. It's the only screenshot I have ever seen the Dr. Grant icon on. I posted it in this topic back then:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?27806-Jurassic-Park-Mega-Drive-bundle-ad-screenshot-question

In the versions of the game I have played, there is only the icon for the weapon, with the health/lives bars underneath it. I wonder if it's still in there and if so, if there is also one for the Raptor (Raptor is also a playable character)? I can provide you with the beta versions, should you want to look into this and need them. But I do feel that I should tell you that TCRF has already done a pretty big article on the prototype:

TCRF Jurassic Park prototype article:
https://tcrf.net/Proto:Jurassic_Park_(Genesis)

So again, if you feel that it might not be worth looking into, no hard feelings! I'll list the Dr. Grant image here as well. Sorry for the bad quality and small size, I'm afraid I no longer have the magazine.

KnightWarrior
11-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Tony

I found couple codes on BSfree for Streets of Rage 2 (U)

ABRA-AAAA - Enable "Bare Knuckle 2" Title Screen
AJ6T-EA4G + RFAA-E6YA Makes All Non-Scrolling Texts Japanese

These codes doesn't change Skate to Sammy

Can you look for a code that Enable the Japanese version of the Game?

Tony H
11-10-2018, 01:11 AM
Tony

I found couple codes on BSfree for Streets of Rage 2 (U)

ABRA-AAAA - Enable "Bare Knuckle 2" Title Screen
AJ6T-EA4G + RFAA-E6YA Makes All Non-Scrolling Texts Japanese

These codes doesn't change Skate to Sammy

Can you look for a code that Enable the Japanese version of the Game?

These codes will let you play as Sammy. All the text is still in English.

Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis) Game Genie

RF1T-A612 +
RF2T-A6WC +
RF2T-A6Y6
Lets you play as Sammy (instead of Skate). All text is still in English.

EDIT: You'll also need to use a master code.

Only tested it a little, but seemed to work fine.

KnightWarrior
11-10-2018, 01:58 AM
Why can it be 2 codes like Ghouls 'N Ghosts Rev 1

DTBA-AA58 + ZJAT-A8ER - Change Title To Dai Makaimura

I can't do like 7 codes on my Game Genie

I want the Full Bare Knuckle 2 Japanese Text, Name Changed

Can you see about only 2 Codes?

Tony H
11-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Why can it be 2 codes like Ghouls 'N Ghosts Rev 1

DTBA-AA58 + ZJAT-A8ER - Change Title To Dai Makaimura

I can't do like 7 codes on my Game Genie

I want the Full Bare Knuckle 2 Japanese Text, Name Changed

Can you see about only 2 Codes?

Nope.

Edit: GelmiR, will take a look at your requests next.

GelmiR
11-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Thanks in advance :) I'm also curious about the 2nd Jurassic Park (Rampage Edition) prototypes. There's 11 of them, and no one has ever been able to run the oldest two on any emulator. If you are ever up to a challenge and need the roms, let me know :) But it probably can't be done as there might not be anything in there...

Tony H
11-10-2018, 10:42 AM
GelmiR, would appreciate it if you would email me those 2 Jurrasic Park Prototype ROMs, I'll take a look at them. Sounds interesting.

Edit: Can you also send the earliest prototype that does run on an emulator. Thanks.

Edit2: These are all for the Rampage Edition.

GelmiR
11-10-2018, 01:03 PM
GelmiR, would appreciate it if you would email me those 2 Jurrasic Park Prototype ROMs, I'll take a look at them. Sounds interesting.

Edit: Can you also send the earliest prototype that does run on an emulator. Thanks.

Edit2: These are all for the Rampage Edition.
Sure thing, they're on their way! :) I sent them to your e-mail address.

KnightWarrior
11-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Nope.

Oh Ok :)

Thanks for the help

Mad Moham
11-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Tony I have another request if you're not too busy.

Do you think it possible to make a code for King's Bounty so that the player can always fly when on the map screen? If you're unfamiliar with the game, the player can only fly on the map screen if the player has an army that consists entirely of flying units such as dragons and mages. As soon as you hire a non-flying unit like pikemen or peasants the ability to fly is lost. I've checked available codes on gamehacking and a few other places and no such code seems to exist. Thanks for any help dude.

KnightWarrior
11-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Easy Request

Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle
Streets of Rage 2

Start with 1 Continue insted of 3

Tony H
11-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Sure thing, they're on their way! :) I sent them to your e-mail address.

Thanks GelmiR, I got them.

Been looking at them for awhile, and there are two things that I've figured out about the June 22nd prototype ...

It doesn't look like there is any kind of checksum check, so that's not the problem.

I compared an assembly trace log from the June 22nd ROM to the June 30th ROM on startup. Without going into boring details, it looks like either some of the programing at the very end of the ROM is corrupted, or someone intentionally changed some bytes so the game wouldn't boot. The game/programming actually goes into the header of the game as if it was programming (which it isn't). The header contains things like the name of the game, region, etc. I tried several different things to force it to boot, but failed.

In the email, you sent a link to TresCom. It says I need an account to view it. What kind of info was there?

Tony H
11-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Good news, I got the second prototype (June 22) to boot as far as the SEGA screen. Making progress. Interestingly, there is no dinosaur walking past like in the June 30th proto.

Update: Got the prototype (June 22) to boot up to the title screen.

Tony H
11-11-2018, 11:51 PM
Tony I have another request if you're not too busy.

Do you think it possible to make a code for King's Bounty so that the player can always fly when on the map screen? If you're unfamiliar with the game, the player can only fly on the map screen if the player has an army that consists entirely of flying units such as dragons and mages. As soon as you hire a non-flying unit like pikemen or peasants the ability to fly is lost. I've checked available codes on gamehacking and a few other places and no such code seems to exist. Thanks for any help dude.

Will take a look at your request when I get the Jurassic Park 2 ROM figured out. I may need a save state from you if you're playing on an emulator. I'll let you know.

Tony H
11-12-2018, 12:58 AM
GelmiR, since there are so many Game Genie codes needed to get this Jurassic Park Rampage Edition June 22nd prototype running (21 codes so far), I'm just going to email you the patched ROM. There are a few things you'll need to note:

1) I've only tested it with Gens, so don't know if it will work with other emulators.
2) The game will only load once. If the game freezes, you can't just "reset" the emulator. You'll need to exit the emulator, restart it and reload the ROM.
3) When you get to the Start/Option screen, you'll only have a few seconds to select "Start", or else the game will freeze (will take a code or two to fix that). You can also select the Option menu if you'd like.
4) When you get to the map screen, make sure you select Cargo Ship. Although I haven't tried the other levels very much, I don't think they work (will need more codes to fix them).
5) When Cargo Ship starts, you can shoot your default weapon in either direction, jump, walk left or right, or change your weapons. The game will freeze if you try to shoot other weapons (will need more codes). Also, if you walk far enough to the right the game will freeze when you encounter enemies.
6) There is no sound. Could be because there is no sound in this proto, or because of what I had to do to get the game running.

There's a good chance that you'll be only the second person to ever see this prototype working (besides the developers). You'll find that there are a lot of differences in this ROM that aren't in any of the other ROMs. I think you'll have a field day with this prototype.

I'll keep you updated when I make significant progress on the ROM.

GelmiR
11-12-2018, 05:02 AM
Wow, this is awesome, thanks so much for your efforts so far! :D

And I might be one of the few who will ever see this, but I do know of a few other people that would love to see this and know about this. Edit: I misread, I thought you meant I'd be one of the only persons who'd ever see this, but you said that I was probably only the 2nd person to see it :) That's probably very true! I probably read too fast due to enthusiam. Is it okay if I pass this on to Glitch as well? He's the one that posted who posted at the SonicRetro.org forums. He also posted at TresCom, sorry about not being able to read that topic, I didn't think signing up was neccessary. I think regarding the non-working protos, his post at SonicRetro was more useful, but I will send you the text by mail anyway just to be sure. The main reason why I ask if I can pass the patched rom on to him, is that he will probably want to make a YouTube video for it. He has done so for the other prototypes as well. You can find his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/glitchhunter09/
I'll ask if he's interested in coming over, this might be something that needs its own topic?

I am currently running your patched rom with Genesis Plus GX on my Wii. So far I have encountered the same things you mentioned, though I can use the Reset function without any problems. Other things I have noticed:
- Grant's default weapon is a pistol/revolver instead of a dart gun
- The ammo/health colors of the HUD are in red instead of green
- There's what appears to be a grenade icon above the weapon icon

Edit: When Cargo ship is selected, you can press C to change it into Hidden Ruins (don't think I've ever seen its icon as it only shows the names of the final levels on the map, not the icons), and A to change it back to Cargo ship. Hidden Ruins doesn't load either, though.

Edit 2: All screenshots I take in this emulator have a 320 x 224 screen resolution. The screens for this proto come out as 320 x 240. I don't know a thing about screen resolutions for Sega Genesis, but I noticed the difference and thought I'd point it out just in case.

That's all for now, very interesting stuff - thanks again! :D

Tony H
11-12-2018, 10:23 AM
GelmiR, by all means, send that patched ROM to whoever you want. The more the merrier. Just make sure they know that they'll need to select Cargo Ship, and the rest of the notes I mentioned above. Also, keep in mind that I'll be making more improvements to that ROM in the near future. I even have an idea on how to fix the entire game with a single code. Will be looking into that today.

I agree, this should get it's own topic. Would "Genesis Does" be the best place for it?

EDIT: If you want to start the topic, please do so.

GelmiR
11-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Wow, I can't express enough how much I look forward to getting it fixed - thanks again!! :D I'll start the topic and will send out the ROM to that friend (Glitch) I mentioned :)

Glisp
11-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Nice to see someone finally got this thing kinda working. I was a little worried the ROMs were corrupted beyond use. I had some Sonic community hackers look at it in a hex editor once. They said there were a lot of FF's in places which might be some of the problem. Also, I've read the programmer's resume and he revealed in it that He build Rampage Edition off of the original Genesis/Mega Drive game in his spare time. It's been a while since I read his resume:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060412144249/http://www.frekei.com:80/resume.html

"Jurassic Park was a 1.3 Million unit selling game and was completed on an extremely short schedule. JP: Rampage Edition had a similar schedule, with fewer engineers, but the redesigned game engine enabled it to be finished on time with a higher degree of quality."

There's other stuff there too. Sorry if I got off topic. Moderators can move this to the thread my pal made if they wish.

GelmiR
11-12-2018, 10:38 AM
I started its individual topic:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?33883-Jurassic-Park-Rampage-Edition-getting-its-earliest-prototypes-to-work

Mad Moham
11-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Will take a look at your request when I get the Jurassic Park 2 ROM figured out. I may need a save state from you if you're playing on an emulator. I'll let you know.

Thanks dude. I have a save state at the necessary point by playing in Fusion. Let me know if you need anything specific, like if it has to be from a different emulator or whatever.

KnightWarrior
11-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Easy Request

Streets of Rage 2

I want to make the Game Harder, So it makes you careful

Add 1-up's are worth nothing - SoR only

Tony H
11-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Thanks dude. I have a save state at the necessary point by playing in Fusion. Let me know if you need anything specific, like if it has to be from a different emulator or whatever.

Can you send me the save state? Would appreciate it. Fusion save state also works with Gens (which is what I use), so that will be fine. You can either PM it to me (?), or email it to me (my email address is on my website (The Code Hut)).

Mad Moham
11-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Can you send me the save state? Would appreciate it. Fusion save state also works with Gens (which is what I use), so that will be fine. You can either PM it to me (?), or email it to me (my email address is on my website (The Code Hut)).

YGPM.

Just in case you don't know the game (most people don't), the state I sent you has the character in a position to fly by pressing B. As soon as any non-flying army is hired, the ability to fly no longer exists. For example, go north into the castle and recruit a unit (any unit) and upon leaving the castle you'll find that its no longer possible to fly. The game only lets you fly if all occupied army slots are used by flyable units, the flying units in the game are:

-- Archmages.
-- Dragons.
-- Demons.
-- Vampires.

Upon hiring any unit that isn't on the list, the player can't fly while on the map screen. An anomaly is the unit called a Sprite, which can fly on the combat screen but not on the map.

Its possible to fly once more by dismissing the non-flying units (as long as you still have some flying army left)

I hope I explained the game adequately, but I usually miss stuff so let me know if anything else is needed.

Tony H
11-13-2018, 07:37 PM
YGPM.

Just in case you don't know the game (most people don't), the state I sent you has the character in a position to fly by pressing B. As soon as any non-flying army is hired, the ability to fly no longer exists. For example, go north into the castle and recruit a unit (any unit) and upon leaving the castle you'll find that its no longer possible to fly. The game only lets you fly if all occupied army slots are used by flyable units, the flying units in the game are:

-- Archmages.
-- Dragons.
-- Demons.
-- Vampires.

Upon hiring any unit that isn't on the list, the player can't fly while on the map screen. An anomaly is the unit called a Sprite, which can fly on the combat screen but not on the map.

Its possible to fly once more by dismissing the non-flying units (as long as you still have some flying army left)

I hope I explained the game adequately, but I usually miss stuff so let me know if anything else is needed.

That save state was perfect. Thanks.

Let me know if this is what you want. Seems to work.

King's Bounty - The Conqueror's Quest (Genesis) Game Genie

RFYT-A6TY
Can always fly by pressing B, even if you have non-flying troops.

Mad Moham
11-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Tony you're a genius!

Thanks dude, that's a perfect code. It makes for an even more fun game than it already was.

Tony H
11-21-2018, 01:37 PM
It'd be cool of codes could make these things available/visible, but it's probably mostly research to see if it is still there. I'll explain below. No worries if it's something you'd rather not do or think it's not worth it, I'll understand.

The Terminator

There has been talk of an earlier version of the Terminator character in this game. I will provide a link to the topic below. Your name is also mentioned in it, something about a level modifier. The image was assumed to be lost, but I found it on Spritedatabase.net. It is listed on page 2 of the topic, though I will list it here as well. Mostly interested in the unused Arnie/Terminator, but the outlined endoskeleton sprites are also unused in the final game.

Terminator findings topic:
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?15359-The-Terminator-(MD)-Findings/

I'm really curious if any of this is buried in the game somewhere?

So again, if you feel that it might not be worth looking into, no hard feelings! I'll list the Dr. Grant image here as well. Sorry for the bad quality and small size, I'm afraid I no longer have the magazine.

GelmiR, I started looking into The Terminator. Here's a code that turns you into '84 Reese or Terminator (Arnold) himself (not sure which). I'm going by what The Jackel said in this post: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?15359-The-Terminator-(MD)-Findings&p=336235&viewfull=1#post336235

Will continue working on finding the other hidden/unused character. This code is just one of the first steps in finding the other character. Also, when he throws a grenade, you can see that it's regular Reese.

The Terminator (Genesis) Game Genie

ACKT-8A6Y
Lets you play as a different character (1st level only). When you start a new game as Reese, turn on the code and you will turn into '84 Reese or Terminator (Arnold) himself (not sure which). I'm sure you can turn the code on before the level starts if you'd like.

EDIT: Are those images at the very bottom of the picture you posted a possible playable character, or would that be an enemy you'd have to fight?...http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?15359-The-Terminator-(MD)-Findings&p=830263&viewfull=1#post830263

Are any of the other characters in that picture playable characters, or are they all enemies?

GelmiR
11-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Will continue working on finding the other hidden/unused character. This code is just one of the first steps in finding the other character. Also, when he throws a grenade, you can see that it's regular Reese.

ACKT-8A6Y
Lets you play as a different character (1st level only). When you start a new game as Reese, turn on the code and you will turn into '84 Reese or Terminator (Arnold) himself (not sure which). I'm sure you can turn the code on before the level starts if you'd like.

EDIT: Are those images at the very bottom of the picture you posted a possible playable character, or would that be an enemy you'd have to fight?...http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?15359-The-Terminator-(MD)-Findings&p=830263&viewfull=1#post830263

Are any of the other characters in that picture playable characters, or are they all enemies?
Sorry, I could have been more clear on the characters at the bottom of that image. They are enemies. The robotic looking one is Arnie's endoskeleton form, you encounter him on the 4th and final level. But I've never seen its 3 frames that are on the bottom right. The character at the very bottom is also Arnie, possibly an earlier version of what we ultimately got.

Levels are as follows:
1. The Future
2a. The City Streets
2a. Tech Noir (has Arnie)
3. The Police Station (has Arnie)
4. The Factory (has Arnie, in endoskeleton form)

I think there's a level select code somewhere, will be handy for testing. I tested the code for the Reese character on the first level. I can confirm that it switches to future Reese when throwing grenades and shooting the machine gun. Also, his overcoat has a greenish tint/look - unlike the white/grey one he is supposed to wear. Interesting, thanks for looking into this! :D

Tony H
11-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Sorry, I could have been more clear on the characters at the bottom of that image. They are enemies. The robotic looking one is Arnie's endoskeleton form, you encounter him on the 4th and final level. But I've never seen its 3 frames that are on the bottom right. The character at the very bottom is also Arnie, possibly an earlier version of what we ultimately got.

Levels are as follows:
1. The Future
2a. The City Streets
2a. Tech Noir (has Arnie)
3. The Police Station (has Arnie)
4. The Factory (has Arnie, in endoskeleton form)

I think there's a level select code somewhere, will be handy for testing. I tested the code for the Reese character on the first level. I can confirm that it switches to future Reese when throwing grenades and shooting the machine gun. Also, his overcoat has a greenish tint/look - unlike the white/grey one he is supposed to wear. Interesting, thanks for looking into this! :D

Yes, I thought it was a possible playable character that you were looking for. My mistake. Finding a possible playable character is easier than finding missing enemy movements. Most likely will be too much time involved to figure that out.

Also, the Jurassic Park missing Dr. Grant icon would be pretty difficult to find, so will pass on that one.

GelmiR
11-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Yes, I thought it was a possible playable character that you were looking for. My mistake. Finding a possible playable character is easier than finding missing enemy movements. Most likely will be too much time involved to figure that out.

Also, the Jurassic Park missing Dr. Grant icon would be pretty difficult to find, so will pass on that one.
No worries Tony, thanks for considering them! :)

The Jackal
11-21-2018, 04:31 PM
Yeah the other (unused) Arnie looks to be a far more detailed version of the one we got in the final game - looks more suited to Robocop vs The Terminator than this game. His sprites don't match up with the other characters in the game, different artist I'd guess.

Anwhos, any chance I can request a code please Tony? Is it possible could you do a reversible of the code above, one that allows you to play as Future Reese from level 1, but on level 2 onwards and with the machine gun on him? Many thanks, to both you and GelmiR. :)

Tony H
11-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Yeah the other (unused) Arnie looks to be a far more detailed version of the one we got in the final game - looks more suited to Robocop vs The Terminator than this game. His sprites don't match up with the other characters in the game, different artist I'd guess.

Anwhos, any chance I can request a code please Tony? Is it possible could you do a reversible of the code above, one that allows you to play as Future Reese from level 1, but on level 2 onwards and with the machine gun on him? Many thanks, to both you and GelmiR. :)

I'm not too familiar with the names of the characters in this game. You want to have the guy from level 1 (in the green combat fatigues and green hat) so that he's in the rest of the game with the machine gun? If that's what you want, I'll look into it.

On a side note, I made a code so that the guy from level 1 (Future Reese I'm guessing) started the game (level 1) with the machine gun. Didn't work so well because he couldn't kill the first enemy without the grenades. The machine gun didn't hit high enough to damage that tank looking thing in level 1.

Tony H
11-21-2018, 07:41 PM

Here's a PAR code to try. It lets you play level 2 as future Reese with a machine gun. May work on the other levels as well. There is something different though... instead of the usual green combat fatigues, he now has light gray fatigues.

Anyways, the way to use this code is to start level 2, and then turn the code on (you will instantly change characters and get the machine gun).

Here is the code. The emulator you're using will determine which code to use (one for Gens, and the other code for Kega Fusion)...

FFFE2D:0000 = Use this code for Gens emulator.

FFFE2C:0000 = Use this code for Kega Fusion. Have not tested this code yet.

===========

If this is what you want, I'll see if I can figure out the Game Genie equivalent, because those codes also affect which level you start on, so you'd have to keep turning them on and off.

GelmiR
11-22-2018, 05:38 AM
Many thanks, to both you and GelmiR. :)
Tony's doing all the hard work, but you're welcome anyway :) I'll be happy to extensively test your request once it has been converted to Game Genie codes :)

Tony H
11-24-2018, 12:29 AM
Anwhos, any chance I can request a code please Tony? Is it possible could you do a reversible of the code above, one that allows you to play as Future Reese from level 1, but on level 2 onwards and with the machine gun on him?

Haven't heard back from you, so not sure if this is what you want. Will post the Game Genie equivalent codes that I've got.

This game uses a very unusual way of determining things like which weapon you have, which character, etc. It appears to determine all that stuff by which level you're on. If you use the PAR code I posted that lets you play level 2 with future Reese and the machine gun, you'll find that it works, but there are other things that are changed as well. Most notably are the different enemies (I'm assuming they're from other levels). I can isolate everything that's changed by using Game Genie codes, but it takes a lot of codes to do it correctly. Probably won't make anymore codes since it's fairly time consuming in this case.

I'm only including the Game Genie codes that I've found so far that cover most of the important parts of the conversion to future Reese with the machine gun. I'll add notes to each code so you can decide if you want to use it or not.

I'm also including a couple codes that add new enemies, and let you use grenades in level 2. Keep in mind that I've only tested these codes on level 2, so not sure if they'll work on other levels. Also, I only tested them by turning them on once I had already started level 2, but they should be ok to turn on before you start the level.

All these codes have only been tested on level 2, may work on others.

ALKT-8A6Y
Changes his clothes from the lab coat to gray fatigues.

RG9T-8606
Adds the machine gun, but he still shoots the shotgun.

BL8T-8A7J
Adds correct graphics for the machine gun when shooting (standing only).

A48T-8A6R
Adds rapid fire.

RG8T-86XY
Adds the correct machine gun sounds.

AL4T-8A6N
Adds a rolling spaceship/tank enemy (probably from a different level).

AC8A-8A3A
Makes him use grenades instead of the shotgun.

============

GelmiR, if you have time, feel free to give these a try and let me know how they work. The conversion to future Reese with a machine gun isn't complete, but pretty close. If I remember correctly, his clothes change back if you kneel and shoot, and maybe a few other things.

GelmiR
11-24-2018, 05:26 AM
GelmiR, if you have time, feel free to give these a try and let me know how they work. The conversion to future Reese with a machine gun isn't complete, but pretty close. If I remember correctly, his clothes change back if you kneel and shoot, and maybe a few other things.

Nice! I've had some fun testing these :) Here's my findings:
- The codes work on ALL levels from level 2 and up
- I could turn the codes on/off individually before starting a level or during gameplay with no problems
- Reese's clothes have a darker tint of gray in levels 3 and 4
- Reese's clothes change back when kneeling, jumping, getting hit, and shooting when standing still
- Normally in the 1st level, Reese's clothes are green and his shoes and machine gun are gray, for these codes they are reverse
- Both the machine gun and bombs works on all enemies, including the Terminator
- Machine gun works wonders on enemies, the Terminator will not even be able to move while getting hit

The code that makes the enemy tank appear (AL4T-8A6N) was the most fun to test. It needed its own list:
- The enemy from the 1st level (located at the bottom left) appears in nearly every level
- The HK tank and flying bomb-dropping HK's appear in other levels as well (mostly in high locations, such as the Police Station roof)
- Arnie does not appear in the 3rd level (Police Station) when this code is on. He cannot be in the same location as the HK's. Turning the code off, leaving the location and going back will make him appear.
- Sarah will not be at the end of the Police Station level with the code on. The end-level trigger still works. Turning the code off will make her pop up. Turning it off will not make her disappear.
- Normally, endoskeleton Arnie will pop up anywhere in the 4th level (the Factory). But once you reach high ground and the HK's start to appear, he will simply disappear.
- This code effectively removes the rocket-shooting helicopters from the 2nd level, as they are replaced with the Future enemies.

Thanks for these, that was fun :D

Edit: My testing was done using Genesis Plus GX on Wii.

Tony H
11-24-2018, 05:47 PM
GelmiR, can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the testing you do. Thank you! Will let you know what I find on the level select you mentioned in the email.

The Jackal
11-24-2018, 08:02 PM
Sorry for the late reply Tony, the code works great. I appreciate it, as well as you going out of your way by doing those other ones. You really didn't need to do that, but I'm grateful either way.

Thanks again. :)

Tony H
11-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Jackal, you're welcome. Glad the code worked.

GelmiR, in the final release of Jurassic Park - Rampage Edition, how do you normally get to the upper levels in the level/map screen? I'm assuming you have to complete the lower levels first? If this is the case, would it be possible to send me a save state right before you finish the last "lower" level and are then able to access the upper levels on the map screen. Thanks.

Also, I've got some level select codes I'm working on, and will post them tomorrow.

GelmiR
11-25-2018, 04:08 AM
GelmiR, can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the testing you do. Thank you!
Don't mention it Tony, I like doing it! :D

GelmiR, in the final release of Jurassic Park - Rampage Edition, how do you normally get to the upper levels in the level/map screen? I'm assuming you have to complete the lower levels first?

That is correct.

For Grant, the first 3 levels are Cargo Ship, Aviary, and Savannah (in any order). After that:
- Level 4 Hidden Ruins (top left)
- Level 5 River Run (top left)
- Level 6 Burning River (not on the map, as it's a continuation of River Run, but could still be selected in protos by pressing Z on the map screen)

For the Raptor, the first 3 levels are Hidden Ruins, Aviary, and Savannah (in any order). After that:
- Level 4 River Run (top left)
- Level 5 Cargo Ship (top right)
- You could still press Z for Burning River, but you'd start as Grant

In the protos, at the map screen you would press:
X for level 4
Y for level 5
Z for level 6
A and C to switch between Grant and the Raptor (This is easily tested by having Cargo Ship selected and pressing A or C (I forgot which it was) and see if it changes to Hidden Ruins. That means you'll have switched to the Raptor.)

Edit: The July 13th proto is the last proto that still had the "level select" available. A is for Grant, C is for Raptor.

If this is the case, would it be possible to send me a save state right before you finish the last "lower" level and are then able to access the upper levels on the map screen. Thanks.
Sure thing, I'll dust off my Gens skills, hope that emulator will be okay?

Another thing, but I'll ask SpriteDatabase first - I've never seen the level icon for River Run. As it's on the top of the map, and that is always cut off. You can see the Hidden Ruins icon by choosing the Raptor as player. But River Run is either level 4 or 5 depending on the player character, so always on the top of the map. I wonder if it can be ripped, I'd like to see it. I'll ask SpriteDatabase.

I'll e-mail you the saves asap, thanks in advance Tony! :)

Edit: Save states sent + e-mail to SpriteDatabase sent.

Tony H
11-25-2018, 12:19 PM
Thanks GelmiR, Gens is what I use so I'll check out that save state when I get home.

Did some checking and it appears that the programming for the "Press X, Y, Z" for level select has been removed in the final release. I'm hoping that the save state you sent me will help me figure out another way of doing a level select.

I've got a code at home that will let you play Hidden Ruins with Grant, but was still working on the other levels. I think your save state will help.

On a different note, I was reading the FAQ for this game at Gamefaqs dot com and it mentioned a hidden item at the very top of the Aviary level in the trees. It's supposed to give you all the items in the game, and inf ammo. I think I found it, because when I collect it, there is a sound of a guy yelling yippie or yee haw. Doesn't seem to do anything though. I didn't have any weapons, so not sure if I have inf ammo or not. I made a save state of it and I'll send it when I get home if you want it. I'm curious what it is.

One last thing, I made a regular jump higher code, and a moon jump code which I'll post later today.

GelmiR
11-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Great! Hope the save states will help :) Too bad they removed the programming for the level select. Does that also mean it's not hidden with a secret button combination, or would that be impossible to find out? That's just my curiosity though, a Game Genie code (if possible) would be just as great :)

As for the secret in the FAQ you mentioned; Grant does that yee-haw sound in a few instances; when jumping on the Gallimumus in the Savannah, when picking up a life, and some of the power items. See the image I attached, I circled two items. One that looks like armor, and one that looks like an ammo belt. To be honest, I've seen the armor one in-game, but I'm not sure I've seen the ammo belt in-game, nor do I know what they do. I never really thought about it.

I didn't know about that secret though, so that was nice - thanks for letting me know :) Despite the FAQ saying it's an ammo belt, it looks like the blue armor icon to me. I think you can take more hits when having picked it up, but I'm not sure. I do know that it doesn't refill the health bar. As for the ammo belt, I suspect it fills up ammo for all the weapons you have? I'd have to find it in-game first. I checked the manual, haven't seen the items in there, either.

Edit: Forgot to add the attachment image.

Tony H
11-25-2018, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the save states, saved me a ton of time trying to get to those points. The level select codes are going to take some time. Got these codes for now...

Jurassic Park - Rampage Edition (Genesis) Game Genie

Note that you can combine the regular jump codes with the moon jump codes to jump even higher.

ADNA-DP7E
Jump higher (when standing still). Works on Grant only.

ADNA-DF7E
Jump much higher (when standing still). Works on Grant only. Note that if you start the Cargo Ship level, you can now jump over the cargo crates to the Left and go down the ladder and instantly finish the level.

GXNA-CAE8
Moon jump (jump higher, with slower jump and descent). Only works on Grant, and when standing still.

EDNA-CAE8
Moon jump (jump much higher, with slower jump and descent). Only works on Grant, and when standing still. Note that if you start the Cargo Ship level, you can now jump over the cargo crates to the Left and go down the ladder and instantly finish the level.

GelmiR
11-26-2018, 04:47 AM
Cool! I was able to get over those cargo crates in some proto versions as well - by using the map/noclip mode. Worked better for the Raptor than for Grant, though. I won't be home for about a day and a half, so I can't test them right now. But I look forward to testing them when I get back, there's some locations in specific where I'd like to try them. Thanks for making these! :D Will let you know how they work out when I've had a chance to properly test them.

GelmiR
11-27-2018, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the save states, saved me a ton of time trying to get to those points. The level select codes are going to take some time. Got these codes for now...

Note that you can combine the regular jump codes with the moon jump codes to jump even higher.

ADNA-DP7E
Jump higher (when standing still). Works on Grant only.

ADNA-DF7E
Jump much higher (when standing still). Works on Grant only. Note that if you start the Cargo Ship level, you can now jump over the cargo crates to the Left and go down the ladder and instantly finish the level.

GXNA-CAE8
Moon jump (jump higher, with slower jump and descent). Only works on Grant, and when standing still.

EDNA-CAE8
Moon jump (jump much higher, with slower jump and descent). Only works on Grant, and when standing still. Note that if you start the Cargo Ship level, you can now jump over the cargo crates to the Left and go down the ladder and instantly finish the level.
Codes work great, thanks Tony! :D Did some quick testing, but I look forward to doing a full playthrough using them, tomorrow or so. Will let you know how they turn out then :)

Tony H
11-27-2018, 01:19 PM
Here's the level select code that I was working on before I got your save states. Have only got 1 level working. Hoping that I can find a better way of doing it with your save states. Still working on those.

ASBT-AACN
When you get to the level/map screen, press Right once to start on Hidden Ruins when using Grant, or River Run when using the Raptor. You can still select any of the other levels by pressing Left.

EDIT:

With the help of your save states, was able to make more progress. These might be the best I can do. Will post anything if I come up with a better idea.

Note that there is a timer running in the background when you get to the level/map screen. If you immediately press Right when you first get to the level screen, you can see the names of the levels in the upper part of the screen before the level starts, but if you wait too long before pressing Right, it will just immediately take you to the level. I'm sure I could make a code to stop that timer or give you more time to decide, but not sure how useful that would be.

ASBT-AACN
Level select. When you get to the level/map screen, press Right once to start on Hidden Ruins when using Grant, or River Run when using the Raptor. You can still select any of the other levels by pressing Left.

AXBT-AACN +
AXCA-AA44
Level select. When you get to the level/map screen, press Right once to start on River Run when using Grant, or Cargo Ship when using the Raptor. You can still select any of the other levels by pressing Left.

A1BT-AACN +
AXCA-AA44
Level select. When you get to the level/map screen, press Right once to start on Burning River when using Grant. You can still select any of the other levels by pressing Left.

Tony H
11-27-2018, 05:45 PM
Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Guess I couldn't see the trees through the forest. The level select codes above are now obsolete.

This code will let you select any level you want...

A1BT-AACN +
AXCA-AA44 +
R1BT-A6YW
Level select. Keep pressing Right at the level/map screen to see all the levels (even the ones normally hidden at the top). Note that if you can't see any level highlighted, that means you have the Burning River level selected (press Start to go there). If you press Left, you will only see the levels on the lower part of the screen.

EDIT: Only tested this on a new game.

GelmiR
11-28-2018, 04:23 AM
Wow, thanks! I had tested some things yesterday and just wanted to reply to the first level select code you made. I've had fun with the higher jumping codes (no problems!) and will do a full playthrough soon. It will make exploring much more fun, as some levels have multiple routes. The jump codes will allow for more backtracking. As for the code, I found that once Hidden Ruins is selected, a hidden timer will be activated. It will then take a few seconds before Hidden Ruins is automatically started (Sorry, in my enthusiasm I missed you mentioning it yourself), even if after selecting it, you keep cycling to other levels.
I tested it on Gens as well, as I seemed to remember it always doing this when getting to the later levels. Confirmed. It's logical I guess, as normally you would no longer be able to pick other levels anyway. But, onto your latest codes, will get back to you on them - gonna test them right now. Thanks Tony! :D

Edit: Quick test shows that it works great and no timer issues! :) Will do more testing now.

Edit 2 (a lot more testing):
I want to start by saying that all I wanted was to be able to start at any level, and these codes allow me to do exactly that - so a big thanks for that Tony :D

But I like to do some testing, so here are my findings. I'm not 100% sure some of these things are handled exactly the same every time, I'll give some of them another go tomorrow or so. Also, the game froze on me twice during testing - but I haven't figured out why or been able to replicate it. It might be best to turn off the codes after having selected a level? Anyway, here goes:

- Completing only River Run + Burning River will not end the game. Normally, you are taken back to the map. There you will get a "congratulations" message and are shown that all areas are marked 'clear', and you will be taken to the ending cutscene. But since the levels are NOT clear, you can still play those as well.
- One Hidden Ruins and River Run have been completed, pressing right will end the game. You will get the congratulations message at the map, and then the ending of the game will be shown. So if you play these levels first and still want to play the other levels as well, only press left to cycle between the remaining levels.
- All levels can be replayed, despite having been cleared.
- When starting with Hiddens Ruins and completing that, you will then only be able to select from the first 3 levels.

Some more on the jumping codes: They work great, I have had no adverse effects. The codes were not active when the game froze on me, so it had to have been the level select codes. Also, the jumping codes also work when sliding down :)

All testing done with Grant, using Genesis Plus GX. Thanks again! :)

Edit 3 (raptor testing):
Same applies to the Raptor:
- If you start with River Run (its 4th level), after that you will only be able to select from the first 3 levels.
- Starting with and finishing Cargo Ship (its 5th and final level) will not end the game.

Tony H
11-28-2018, 02:07 PM
GelmiR, do you happen to remember what level(s) you were on when the game froze, and which area? One of the codes kills the timer for the level/map screen, so although unlikely, it's possible that the timer is being used somewhere else in the game. I can check to see if it's running there if I know where to look.

Thanks for the testing and feed back.

GelmiR
11-28-2018, 02:10 PM
GelmiR, do you happen to remember what level(s) you were on when the game froze, and which area? One of the codes kills the timer for the level/map screen, so although unlikely, it's possible that the timer is being used somewhere else in the game. I can check to see if it's running there if I know where to look.

Thanks for the testing and feed back.
You're welcome! :) And yes I do; once was in the Savannah level, and once was in the River Run level - both as Grant.
Edit: Sorry, I don't know the locations in the levels... But I could try to replicate it.

Tony H
11-28-2018, 04:13 PM
You're welcome! :) And yes I do; once was in the Savannah level, and once was in the River Run level - both as Grant.
Edit: Sorry, I don't know the locations in the levels... But I could try to replicate it.

Don't worry about replicating it. I'll just run through the level and see if the timer is used anywhere. The emulator I use has a tool that will tell me.

EDIT: I did a quick check on the Cargo level earlier and the timer wasn't being used.

EDIT2: Just did a check on Savannah and seems that the timer isn't being used there. I also checked the entire ROM with a hex editor and didn't find any other locations where the RAM address for the timer was being used (although that's not an entirely conclusive test on it's own).

I'll start looking into the other 2 codes and see if they might be the problem. Those codes are going to be much more difficult to trace down any problems. If I can't find anything, I'll just add a note saying that the codes may cause the game to freeze, so may need to turn them off.

GelmiR
11-29-2018, 04:01 AM
I just thought of something. In both instances, I was rapidly pressing the fire button and had an infinite code active (CWCA-CA9J). In combination with the level select codes, could that have caused the freezing?

Edit:
Doing a loooooooong-play with LOTS of back-tracking. I'm currently at River Run, no freezes yet. I also found the ammo belt on a bridge in the Aviary level. It completely fills up the ammo for the weapon you have selected at that time.

Tony H
11-29-2018, 10:05 PM
I just thought of something. In both instances, I was rapidly pressing the fire button and had an infinite code active (CWCA-CA9J). In combination with the level select codes, could that have caused the freezing?

Edit:
Doing a loooooooong-play with LOTS of back-tracking. I'm currently at River Run, no freezes yet. I also found the ammo belt on a bridge in the Aviary level. It completely fills up the ammo for the weapon you have selected at that time.

I played most of the Savannah level 3 times without any freezing. Only had the level select codes active. The infinite ammo code may be the problem.

EDIT: Something else interesting that I found out about this game... I made a code that lets you go past the normal limit when selecting levels and found out that there are more levels than the usual 5. However, the extra levels appear to just be the levels for the other character (Raptor). This is VERY unusual for a Genesis game, and don't think I've ever seen it done that way before. In other words, if you play the Cargo Ship level with Grant, it will actually be a different level than if you played Cargo Ship using the Raptor. On most games (like the Sonic the Hedgehog games), no matter which character you select, you are still playing the same level, and you can even sometimes change the character in the middle of the level by changing RAM addresses. With this game, it appears that the character is predetermined by the level number. The levels may be identical, but technically not the same level. I'll post the code(s) I used to do this with shortly so you can investigate if you want. I'll need to do a little more research before I'm certain that this is the case.

EDIT2: One thing that tipped me off that this might be the case, is when I found what I thought was the RAM address that determined which character you were using, I tried forcing the Raptor into the Burning River level. It didn't work. When I used my test codes, I found that both versions of Burning River had Grant in them.

EDIT3: Here's the codes I used to test for levels beyond the normal amount (past Burning River). With these codes, you need to press Left to advance through the levels. Once you get far enough, you won't be able to see what level is selected, so you'll need to count how many times you've pressed Left to figure out which level is selected. I found out that pressing Left doesn't always seem to register, so if you occasionally get unexpected results, try again and be a little more careful when pressing Left. There is no end to how far you can advance through the levels when pressing Left, but I seem to remember that the game will eventually freeze if you go too high.

Kind of fun to play around with. At first I though there would only be 5 levels, but there are many more. I seem to remember pressing Left 14 times and still getting a valid level. Like I said earlier, will need to do more testing to verify all of my suspicions.

R1BT-A6YW +
AXBT-AA5T +
R1CA-A602
Press Left to advance through all the different levels on the Level/Map screen.

GelmiR
11-30-2018, 04:16 AM
I played most of the Savannah level 3 times without any freezing. Only had the level select codes active. The infinite ammo code may be the problem.
I completed my longplay yesterday. Aviary has the armor and ammo belt, and River Run has the armor. I suspect River Run has the ammo belt as well, but haven't been able to find it on my the couple of runs I've done.
I had lots of codes active, including infinite ammo and the level select codes, and have not had any freezes whatsoever. Maybe it was the game itself, I have gotten stuck at times way back in the day.

EDIT: Something else interesting that I found out about this game... I made a code that lets you go past the normal limit when selecting levels and found out that there are more levels than the usual 5. However, the extra levels appear to just be the levels for the other character (Raptor). This is VERY unusual for a Genesis game, and don't think I've ever seen it done that way before. In other words, if you play the Cargo Ship level with Grant, it will actually be a different level than if you played Cargo Ship using the Raptor. On most games (like the Sonic the Hedgehog games), no matter which character you select, you are still playing the same level, and you can even sometimes change the character in the middle of the level by changing RAM addresses. With this game, it appears that the character is predetermined by the level number. The levels may be identical, but technically not the same level. I'll post the code(s) I used to do this with shortly so you can investigate if you want. I'll need to do a little more research before I'm certain that this is the case.

EDIT2: One thing that tipped me off that this might be the case, is when I found what I thought was the RAM address that determined which character you were using, I tried forcing the Raptor into the Burning River level. It didn't work. When I used my test codes, I found that both versions of Burning River had Grant in them.
Cool, very nice find!! :D The first Jurassic Park game does the same. It has 7 levels, but only 5 are playable for the Raptor. Which strengthens my feeling that unlike in Rampage Edition, playing as the Raptor came late in development. It feels a little like an afterthought in the first game, though a very fun one. The first game has a hidden debug / level select menu. It will allow you to play as Grant in the Raptor's levels, and the other way around.
Though the differences in levels are more apparent in the first game. For Rampage Edition, Cargo Ship is the only one that really jumps out for me. For the Raptor, it has different platforms to jump on, a section with ice, and a red Raptor boss at the end of the level. Would be interesting to play Raptor's Cargo Ship with Grant :D

EDIT3: Here's the codes I used to test for levels beyond the normal amount (past Burning River). With these codes, you need to press Left to advance through the levels. Once you get far enough, you won't be able to see what level is selected, so you'll need to count how many times you've pressed Left to figure out which level is selected. I found out that pressing Left doesn't always seem to register, so if you occasionally get unexpected results, try again and be a little more careful when pressing Left. There is no end to how far you can advance through the levels when pressing Left, but I seem to remember that the game will eventually freeze if you go too high.

Kind of fun to play around with. At first I though there would only be 5 levels, but there are many more. I seem to remember pressing Left 14 times and still getting a valid level. Like I said earlier, will need to do more testing to verify all of my suspicions.

R1BT-A6YW +
AXBT-AA5T +
R1CA-A602
Press Left to advance through all the different levels on the Level/Map screen.
Nice, I'll get to testing! :) I'll make a save at the map screen and will post a list of the order of levels shortly.

Edit:
Here's the list for when Grant is selected :) The number corresponds with how many times you have to press left:
1 Cargo Ship (Grant)
2 Savannah (Grant)
3 Hidden Ruins (Grant)
4 River Run (Grant)
5 Burning River (Grant)
6 FREEZE
7 Aviary (Raptor)
8 Hidden Ruins (Raptor)
9 Savannah (Raptor)
10 River Run (Raptor)
11 Cargo Ship (Raptor)
12 River Run (Grant)
13 and up FREEZE

Edit 2:
Here's the list when the Raptor is selected. It will only go through the Raptor's levels and Burning River:
1 Hidden Ruins (Raptor)
2 Savannah (Raptor)
3 River Run (Raptor)
4 Cargo Ship (Raptor)
5 Burning River (Grant)
6 and up FREEZE

Edit 3:
Playing through Hidden Ruins with the Raptor now. After checking every inch of the level (thanks to your jump higher codes) with Grant yesterday, I can tell this level has some differences between Grant and the Raptor as well. Though not as big like in the Cargo Ship. Another thing I forgot that really differs the levels in the first game, is the enemies. As Grant, you will not encounter soldiers, you will only see them when you play as the Raptor. They ditched that for the second game and just threw in all enemies for both player characters.
I think playing the Raptor's levels with Grant would also mess up the human enemies' color palette.

Tony H
11-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info on the differences in the same levels but with different characters. Makes sense now why they use different levels for each character. When I get some time, I may try to figure out how to use whichever character you want on the levels. Could be a tough nut to crack.

GelmiR
12-01-2018, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the info on the differences in the same levels but with different characters. Makes sense now why they use different levels for each character. When I get some time, I may try to figure out how to use whichever character you want on the levels. Could be a tough nut to crack.
You're welcome! :) Thanks, but please don't spend too much time on it - the levels might not work well when playing with the other character. They don't when trying it in the first game, either. One thing I've been wondering, would it be hard to disable the pteranodons picking you up in Aviary? Again, if it would consume a lot of time, just leave it :) And thanks again for the level select codes, they are awesome!!

Tony H
12-01-2018, 12:42 PM
You're welcome! :) Thanks, but please don't spend too much time on it - the levels might not work well when playing with the other character. They don't when trying it in the first game, either. One thing I've been wondering, would it be hard to disable the pteranodons picking you up in Aviary? Again, if it would consume a lot of time, just leave it :) And thanks again for the level select codes, they are awesome!!

No luck with changing the character. Will look into disabling the Pteranodons, sounds interesting. Would really change how you play that level.

GelmiR
12-02-2018, 01:23 AM
No luck with changing the character. Will look into disabling the Pteranodons, sounds interesting. Would really change how you play that level.
Thanks for trying, and in advance for looking into going anti-Pteranodon! :)

Tony H
12-02-2018, 10:13 PM
You're welcome! :One thing I've been wondering, would it be hard to disable the pteranodons picking you up in Aviary? Again, if it would consume a lot of time, just leave it :)

This seems to work. You will definitely need to use a combination of the two types of jump codes (moon jump and the regular jump). If the jump codes I posted aren't high enough, let me know and I'll make some that let you jump even higher. Keep in mind that if you walk to the right or left when the level first starts, you will instantly finish the level.

AJKT-GA94
When you start the Aviary level with Grant, the Pteranodon (giant bird) is gone and doesn't carry you to the top. You'll start the level at the bottom instead of at the top. Walking too far to the Left or Right at the very bottom will cause you to finish the level. Will need to use with the ultra high moon jump code when in the Aviary level. Code also gets rid of the Pteranodons in all of the other levels too.

EDIT: Here's an ultra high moon jump code. This will get you up high enough to start exploring.

BMNA-CAE8

GelmiR
12-03-2018, 03:07 AM
This seems to work. You will definitely need to use a combination of the two types of jump codes (moon jump and the regular jump). If the jump codes I posted aren't high enough, let me know and I'll make some that let you jump even higher. Keep in mind that if you walk to the right or left when the level first starts, you will instantly finish the level.

AJKT-GA94
When you start the Aviary level, the Pteranodon (giant bird) is gone and doesn't carry you to the top. You'll start the level at the bottom instead of at the top. Walking too far to the Left or Right at the very bottom will cause you to finish the level. Will need to use with jump codes.

EDIT: Here's an ultra high moon jump code. This will get you up high enough to start exploring.

BMNA-CAE8
You're a wizard, Tony :D Thanks for these! Tested on all levels;
- Jumping code is awesome, PERFECT for exploring any level
- Pteranodon code disables pteranodons in ALL levels
- Need to test more, but I don't think enabling/disabling the pteranodon code during gameplay does anything, I think it needs to be on/off before loading a level

Thanks again! :D

Tony H
12-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Here are a couple codes that I made while trying to figure out the "no pteranodon" code. Kind of fun, but not really that useful.

AKZA-AA76
When using Grant in the Aviary level, the pteranodon carries you straight up instead of side to side. I can hear the guy yelling "Yah Hoo" on the way up, so he must pick up a special ammo belt or something.

ETKT-GAHY
When using Grant in the Aviary level, the pteranodon doesn't go as far side to side when carrying you to the top.

GelmiR
12-04-2018, 04:45 AM
Here are a couple codes that I made while trying to figure out the "no pteranodon" code. Kind of fun, but not really that useful.

AKZA-AA76
When using Grant in the Aviary level, the pteranodon carries you straight up instead of side to side. I can hear the guy yelling "Yah Hoo" on the way up, so he must pick up a special ammo belt or something.

ETKT-GAHY
When using Grant in the Aviary level, the pteranodon doesn't go as far side to side when carrying you to the top.
Well, I'm always for testing codes for my favorite games - useful or not :D But the code where the pteranodon carries Grant straight up? It has a very nice side-effect: enemies, bullets, and grenades cannot move left/right. Grant can move, but the code applies to his weapons as well. It also affects the T-Rex in Burning River, though it's best to turn on the code in that level once you've first passed her by, or she'll (sort of) be able to grab you. After that, you can still control the raft :D Will do a playthrough with this code soon :) Thanks!!

As for the item Grant picks up on the way up in Aviary, it is indeed the ammo belt. In the entire game, this is the only location where I've been able to find one. I suspect there's another one in River Run, but being unable to do any back-tracking, I haven't been able to find it (yet).

Edit: LOL the Rex can't move right in the Sega intro, either :P Same applies for riding the Gallimimus in Savannah or playing as the Raptor.

Tony H
12-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Some more experimental codes. These ones could be useful, so will probably add them to the site.

ADLA-CA7L
Pressing Right will instantly finish the level. Code can be turned On or Off at any time. Only works with Grant. Does not work on River Run or Burning River levels.

4MLA-CA96
Pressing Left will instantly finish the level. Code can be turned On or Off at any time. Only works with Grant. Does not work on River Run or Burning River levels.

GelmiR
12-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Some more experimental codes. These ones could be useful, so will probably add them to the site.

ADLA-CA7L
Pressing Right will instantly finish the level. Code can be turned On or Off at any time. Only works with Grant. Does not work on River Run or Burning River levels.

4MLA-CA96
Pressing Left will instantly finish the level. Code can be turned On or Off at any time. Only works with Grant. Does not work on River Run or Burning River levels.
Very useful indeed, they work perfectly for me :D Nice, thanks!!

Tony H
12-05-2018, 05:13 PM
GelmiR, you and I seem to make a pretty good team. It's been a pleasure. let me know if there's anymore codes you need.

GelmiR
12-06-2018, 04:28 AM
GelmiR, you and I seem to make a pretty good team. It's been a pleasure. let me know if there's anymore codes you need.
I agree :) And the pleasure was all mine! Another one did pop up in my mind, the unused screens found in a Ren & Stimpy prototype. They can be accessed with Pro Action Replay codes, but I don't think there are any Game Genie codes to see them. I don't know if it'd be possible to convert these to Game Genie, or if each screen would take several Game Genie codes? In any case, the article with the info/screens can be found here: https://tcrf.net/Proto:Ren_%26_Stimpy:_Stimpy%27s_Invention
I can provide you with the rom if you want to look into this.

I can also send you a list of Mega Drive games I like. I wouldn't be looking for specific codes for those games, but I would like to test whatever codes you'd come up with for them. Let me know, and also please let me know whenever you DO get sick of my code requests. As a lot of them are not neccessary, but just my curiosity. Though some of them did indeed increase the fun factor while playing! Could also look more into cut content / prototypes, I love reading about / and playing prototypes of earlier versions of favorite games.

Tony H
12-07-2018, 12:04 AM
I agree :) And the pleasure was all mine! Another one did pop up in my mind, the unused screens found in a Ren & Stimpy prototype. They can be accessed with Pro Action Replay codes, but I don't think there are any Game Genie codes to see them. I don't know if it'd be possible to convert these to Game Genie, or if each screen would take several Game Genie codes? In any case, the article with the info/screens can be found here: https://tcrf.net/Proto:Ren_%26_Stimpy:_Stimpy%27s_Invention

GelmiR, some new Ren & Stimpy Game Genie codes. There are 2 different codes that do different things. The first one kind of mimics what they mention in the TCRF article. As soon as the Sega logo fades away, the level/screen selected with the code will show up. I've been using the "Test" level, and the problem with the method shown in TCRF is that you don't have access to the options so you can't choose how many players, which character, controller config, music, etc. I figured out a way that lets you configure everything the way you want it, and then go to the test level. When you're done with the test level, pressing start will let you go to level 1 in the game. Pressing start at anytime during levels will warp you to the next level. BTW, if you're playing a 2 player game, P2 controller controls the second player (of course).

Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention (Beta/Prototype) (Genesis) Game Genie

CBLA-AACL
Takes you to the Test level right after the Sega logo. Code can be easily modified to see other unused levels/screens.

CBLA-AADJ
Takes you to the Test level after pressing Start at the main menu. Code can be easily modified to see other unused levels/screens.

To modify these codes to see the other unused screens, just get any Game Genie to hex conversion program and enter one of the codes above. It will show you the ROM address and a hex value. The hex value will be 0010. Change that value to a number listed in the TCRF article to go to that level/screen. The Game Genie conversion program will show you the new GG code to use once you change the value. Here are a few good options for Game Genie conversion programs:

http://games.technoplaza.net/ggencoder/qt/

http://codehut.gshi.org/ggconvc.zip

http://games.technoplaza.net/ggencoder/java/applet/

The first one has options for PC, Mac, or Linux. I think the second one is PC only. The third one is a little applet that doesn't require any installation, and should run in your browser. I just tried it on my PC using Firefox and it seemed to work fine.

EDIT: Go ahead and post your list of games you like. Will see what I can come up with.

GelmiR
12-07-2018, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the codes and links Tony :) The codes work great, and I've used the Technoplaza link to generate codes for the other screens as well.

CBLA-AACL
Takes you to the Test level right after the Sega logo. Code can be easily modified to see other unused levels/screens.
Works great! For those interested, here are the codes for all the unused screens:

CBLA-AACL

Screen 0000 - ABLA-AACL
Early title screen

Screen 0001 - AFLA-AACL
Early title screen with wrong color palette

Screen 0008 - BBLA-AACL
Stimpy's lab room glowing from outside the door

Screen 0009 - BFLA-AACL
Ren and Stimpy next to the machine

Screen 000A - BKLA-AACL
Stimpy places a sock onto the machine, turning it into meat

Screen 000B - BPLA-AACL
A very creepy screen of Ren staring blankly into the machine

Screen 000C - BVLA-AACL
Stimpy working on the machine

Screen 000D - BZLA-AACL
Stimpy now places a shoe onto the machine. The device shocks it until...

Screen 000E - B3LA-AACL
BOOM!

Screen 0010 - CBLA-AACL (code made by Tony H.)
A very simple test level with various geometric shapes

CBLA-AADJ
Takes you to the Test level after pressing Start at the main menu. Code can be easily modified to see other unused levels/screens.
Also works great, here are the other codes:

CBLA-AADJ

Screen 0000 - ABLA-AADJ
Early title screen

Screen 0001 - AFLA-AADJ
Early title screen with wrong color palette

Screen 0008 - BBLA-AADJ
Stimpy's lab room glowing from outside the door

Screen 0009 - BFLA-AADJ
Ren and Stimpy next to the machine

Screen 000A - BKLA-AADJ
Stimpy places a sock onto the machine, turning it into meat

Screen 000B - BPLA-AADJ
A very creepy screen of Ren staring blankly into the machine

Screen 000C - BVLA-AADJ
Stimpy working on the machine

Screen 000D - BZLA-AADJ
Stimpy now places a shoe onto the machine. The device shocks it until...

Screen 000E - B3LA-AADJ
BOOM!

Screen 0010 - CBLA-AADJ (code made by Tony H.)
A very simple test level with various geometric shapes

Everything has been tested (with Genesis Plux GX) and worked fine for me. Descriptions taken from TCRF.
Thanks Tony! Was very interesting and fun to be able to see this stuff for myself :)

Go ahead and post your list of games you like. Will see what I can come up with.
Great! I look forward to any testing I can do, will send you a list by e-mail.

Tony H
12-07-2018, 09:58 AM
An interesting side note on Ren & Stimpy... the Test level is actually loaded before level 1, but that value is overwritten by the value for level 1. It appears that the game was originally setup to play the test level first in early development. I'll do a little more digging when I get home from work.

GelmiR
12-07-2018, 02:28 PM
An interesting side note on Ren & Stimpy... the Test level is actually loaded before level 1, but that value is overwritten by the value for level 1. It appears that the game was originally setup to play the test level first in early development. I'll do a little more digging when I get home from work.
Nice! Sounds interesting, yeah :)

Tony H
12-09-2018, 12:53 AM
GelmiR, couldn't find anything on why they loaded the test level first. Not sure why they did it like that.

I decided to see if any of the levels/screens in the Proto (including the test level) were in the final release. Tested quite a few numbers and didn't find anything, but still a lot of numbers left to test. Here is the code I've been using for testing. The very first screen/level that appears is the one that you're controlling with the code (makes for faster testing since there's no waiting). You can use that same Game Genie conversion program from before if you feel like doing any testing. Just remember that you'll need to use hex numbers for your values. A few values that I tested: 0000 = Start screen, 0004 = Options, 0005 = Happy Happy Joy Joy and then credits, 000F = Sega logo with log, 0010 = password, 001A = The City level.

Ren & Stimpy Show Presents, The - Stimpy's Invention (USA)

ABKT-AACG
Boots to the start screen (instead of the Sega logo). Code can be easily modified to see other levels/screens.

=======

I also have a code that lets you play other levels when starting a new game, but still need to do more work on it (test more levels for correct numbers).

GelmiR
12-09-2018, 04:49 AM
Oh well, thanks for looking anyway :) Checking levels in the final might be interesting, but would it be possible to make that code for the PAL/EU version of Ren & Stimpy? I tried the code, but it doesn't work on my version.

Edit: Never mind, found one. Testing some things now.

Edit 2 - Generated more codes with the link you previously provided. Keep in mind that right now, they are not very useful. Once you pass a screen or complete a level, you will be taken to the title screen again. But maybe you can change that? At least it will give us the values:

Sega logo with Log, music is slightly different!
F1KT-AACG

0000 - Start screen
ABKT-AACG (Code made by Tony H.)

0001 - Copyright screen
AFKT-AACG

0004 - Options screen
AVKT-AACG (Code made by Tony H.)

0005 - Ending scene & credits
AZKT-AACG (Code made by Tony H.)

0006 - Game Over screen
A3KT-AACG

0007 - Title screen
A7KT-AACG

0009 - Intro scene
BFKT-AACG

000F - Sega logo with Log
B7KT-AACG (Code made by Tony H.)

0010 - Password screen
CBKT-AACG (Code made by Tony H.)

0018 - Neighborhood transition screen
DBKT-AACG

0019 - The Zoo transition screen
DFKT-AACG

001A - The City transition screen
DKKT-AACG (Code made by Tony H.)

001B - The Pound transition screen
DPKT-AACG

001C - The Outdoors transition screen
DVKT-AACG

001F - Level complete screen + password to the Zoo
D7KT-AACG

0020 - Level complete screen + password to the City
EBKT-AACG

0021 - Level complete screen + password to the Pound
EFKT-AACG

0022 - Level complete screen + password to the Outdoors
EKKT-AACG

0023 - Level complete screen
EPKT-AACG

0024 - Level complete screen
EVKT-AACG

002B - Start at the Neighborhood (part 3, the Freezer)
FPKT-AACG

002C - Start at the Outdoors (part 1)
FVKT-AACG

002D - Start at the Outdoors (part 2)
FZKT-AACG

002E - Start at the Pound (part 1)
F3KT-AACG

002F - Start at the Pound (part 2)
F7KT-AACG

003A - Start at The Mutate-O-Matic
HKKT-AACG

003B - Start at the Neighborhood (part 2, the Kitchen)
HPKT-AACG

Edit 3:
HFKT-AACG - Start at the Neighborhood (part 1)

Tony H
12-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Oh well, thanks for looking anyway :) Checking levels in the final might be interesting, but would it be possible to make that code for the PAL/EU version of Ren & Stimpy? I tried the code, but it doesn't work on my version.

Edit: Never mind, found one. Testing some things now.

Edit 2 - Generated more codes with the link you previously provided. Keep in mind that right now, they are not very useful. Once you pass a screen or complete a level, you will be taken to the title screen again. But maybe you can change that? At least it will give us the values:

The sole purpose of that code was to allow the quickest way of testing the different values to see if there were any unused screens or levels. I'll post the correct codes for "start on level xx" soon. Will be much easier now that you've found all of the values. I'll make codes for the USA and European games. Since that game is on your "list", I'll see if I can come up with anymore codes. :-)

GelmiR
12-10-2018, 04:05 AM
The sole purpose of that code was to allow the quickest way of testing the different values to see if there were any unused screens or levels. I'll post the correct codes for "start on level xx" soon. Will be much easier now that you've found all of the values. I'll make codes for the USA and European games. Since that game is on your "list", I'll see if I can come up with anymore codes. :-)
Cool :) Well, succeeded on the values, then! Though I am not very familiar with PAR codes, values, and the creation of Game Genie codes. I know for a fact that there has to be at least one more value for the Pound part 3 (it features a wrestling ring with the Lout brothers as mini-boss), so there could be more? It was fun trying out for the values so far, though. Yeah I really like this game, thanks in advance for any codes :) I don't think there's any codes for the EU version at Gamehacking yet.

Edit: Doh, all Zoo and City levels are also missing from my values. Haven't found those yet, either.

Edit 2: the rest of the levels:

0036 - Start at the City (Part 1)
G3KT-AACG

0037 - Start at the City (Part 2)
G7KT-AACG

0031 - Start at the Pound (Part 3)
GFKT-AACG

0032 - Start at the Zoo (Part 3)
GKKT-AACG

0034 - Start at the Zoo (Part 1)
GVKT-AACG

0035 - Start at the Zoo (Part 2)
GZKT-AACG

Edit 3: Some weird/not useful ones:

Weird sounds/music, I think it's slowed/distorted the City music (black screen)
LFKT-AACG

Stimpy hairball sound (black screen)
L7KT-AACG

Tony H
12-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Here is the complete list of codes for the US version. These should work correctly and take you to the next level when you finish the one you're on. Will do the European codes next. One small issue with these codes is that if you start on a level other than The Neighborhood, it will still show The Neighborhood transition screen. Doesn't seem to cause any problems. I can fix it so that it shows the correct transition screen, but that would take another code and doesn't really seem like that much of an issue. And again GelmiR, thanks sooo much for the level values, saved me a ton of work!

Ren & Stimpy - Stimpy's Invention (U) (Genesis) Game Genie

HPLT-BTB6
Start at the Neighborhood (part 2, the Kitchen)

FPLT-BTB6
Start at the Neighborhood (part 3, the Freezer)

GVLT-BTB6
Start at the Zoo (Part 1)

GZLT-BTB6
Start at the Zoo (Part 2)

GKLT-BTB6
Start at the Zoo (Part 3)

G3LT-BTB6
Start at the City (Part 1)

G7LT-BTB6
Start at the City (Part 2)

F3LT-BTB6
Start at the Pound (part 1)

F7LT-BTB6
Start at the Pound (part 2)

GFLT-BTB6
Start at the Pound (Part 3)

FVLT-BTB6
Start at the Outdoors (part 1)

FZLT-BTB6
Start at the Outdoors (part 2)

HKLT-BTB6
Start at The Mutate-O-Matic

GelmiR
12-11-2018, 03:12 PM
You're welcome Tony! I enjoyed doing it :) I was kinda hoping we'd find the test level, but oh well :P Maybe next time, or next game. I tested all the codes, they all worked for me. They all start with the Neighborhood transition as you said, but this is fixed after getting to the next level, which will then show the correct transition screen. Also, all levels continue to the next/correct level as they normally would.

Tony H
12-11-2018, 04:11 PM
European version...

Ren & Stimpy - Stimpy's Invention (E)

HPLT-BTCN
Start at the Neighborhood (part 2, the Kitchen)

FPLT-BTCN
Start at the Neighborhood (part 3, the Freezer)

GVLT-BTCN
Start at the Zoo (Part 1)

GZLT-BTCN
Start at the Zoo (Part 2)

GKLT-BTCN
Start at the Zoo (Part 3)

G3LT-BTCN
Start at the City (Part 1)

G7LT-BTCN
Start at the City (Part 2)

F3LT-BTCN
Start at the Pound (part 1)

F7LT-BTCN
Start at the Pound (part 2)

GFLT-BTCN
Start at the Pound (Part 3)

FVLT-BTCN
Start at the Outdoors (part 1)

FZLT-BTCN
Start at the Outdoors (part 2)

HKLT-BTCN
Start at The Mutate-O-Matic

GelmiR
12-11-2018, 04:35 PM
European version...
Thanks Tony, will do another run tomorrow and test all of them :)

Tony H
12-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Ren & Stimpy - Stimpy's Invention (E) Game Genie

GAGA-GAGC
Jump higher (when standing still)

------------------------

Ren & Stimpy - Stimpy's Invention (U) Game Genie

GAGA-GAD2
Jump higher (when standing still)

=====================

EDIT:

I noticed that the time that you're invincible after getting hit is noticeably longer in the European version. I compensated for this in the codes below. Codes for the USA and European versions both give you about 4 seconds of invincibility time. Staying invincible too long was problematic because if you fall down a crack or hole, you'll get stuck until it wears off.

H22T-GAC0
Stay invincible longer after getting hit

----------

T22T-GAAN
Stay invincible longer after getting hit

GelmiR
12-12-2018, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the codes, everything has been tested :)

I tested all the codes, they all worked for me. They all start with the Neighborhood transition as you said, but this is fixed after getting to the next level, which will then show the correct transition screen. Also, all levels continue to the next/correct level as they normally would.
They worked out exactly the same for the EU version.

Jumping higher - works great on both versions (was especially handy in the last level during testing)

Staying invincible longer after getting hit - works great on both versions, except when controlling a vehicle;
- the bicycle in the City (part 2)
- the flying thingy in the Outdoors (part 2)

Would it be possible to make an invincibility code for the EU version?

Edit: What I meant to say is that the staying invincible longer doesn't work when on a vehicle. No adverse side-effects or anything :)

Tony H
12-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Would it be possible to make an invincibility code for the EU version?

I think you'll like this code. Very satisfying. lol.

R1LT-E612
Invincibility. Most enemies will explode when they touch you.

-----------------------------

R1LT-E6ZR
Invincibility. Most enemies will explode when they touch you.

GelmiR
12-13-2018, 05:13 AM
Works on all the enemies you can defeat, nice! :D It also works on some enemies that you "freeze" by normally hitting them, like the birds on top of the hippos. But it doesn't work on the other Zoo animals, and most other things like spikes and falling in cracks. Still fun, though!

KnightWarrior
12-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Anyword of the Streers of Rage Codes, I ask for?

Tony H
12-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Anyword of the Streers of Rage Codes, I ask for?

Which ones?

KnightWarrior
12-17-2018, 04:26 AM
Which ones?

Streets of Rage 2

Tony H
12-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Streets of Rage 2

Did you check the database at Gamehacking dot org?

The Coop
12-17-2018, 10:35 PM
This is going to be an odd request given what game it's for, but could we get a Genesis Game Genie code for Revolution-X to have an infinite Super Gun? I know there are codes for infinite CDs and infinite life, but having infinite Super Gun would be rather handy.

Tony H
12-18-2018, 10:47 AM
This is going to be an odd request given what game it's for, but could we get a Genesis Game Genie code for Revolution-X to have an infinite Super Gun? I know there are codes for infinite CDs and infinite life, but having infinite Super Gun would be rather handy.

How/where can I get the Super Gun?

EDIT: Nevermind Coop, got it figured out. Will have some codes soon.

This game is sorely lacking in the Game Genie code department. I'm a big Aerosmith fan, so will make some extra codes in the name of Rock and Roll. lol.

Tony H
12-18-2018, 06:38 PM

Revolution X (Genesis) Game Genie

AVKW-NA4R
Infinite use of the Super Gun once you have it. Code will last until you start the next level.

RFKC-N6XR
Always have the Super Gun.

The Coop
12-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Awesomeness indeed, Tony. Many thanks :D

Tony H
12-19-2018, 12:08 AM
Will have level select codes for Revolution X tomorrow.

Tony H
12-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Revolution X (Genesis) Game Genie

AV4W-JABA
Start on level 2 (Find Aerosmith's car)

AZ4W-JABA
Start on The Middle East

A34W-JABA
Start on Pacific Rim

A74W-JABA
Start on The Amazon

BB4W-JABA
Start on Wembley Stadium

BF4W-JABA
Start on the ending

KnightWarrior
12-23-2018, 02:18 AM
Did you check the database at Gamehacking dot org?

I checked there 1st, Nothing

I mean the Game Genie

Tony H
12-23-2018, 05:19 PM
I checked there 1st, Nothing

I mean the Game Genie

I checked at Gamehacking dot org and the codes are there.

KnightWarrior
12-23-2018, 08:28 PM
At 1st I thought Streets of Rage 2 didn't have any Continue Codes til I looked again

But Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle dosen't

Tony H
12-23-2018, 10:01 PM
GelmiR, some more codes from your list...

The Addams Family (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RH1A-R61Y
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump)

SH1A-SCX6
Jump higher

B2AA-TA8C
Kill enemies that walk/move on the ground just by touching them (you normally have to jump on them to kill them)

===========

KnightWarrior, I'll take a look at Bare Knuckle when I get some time.

Tony H
12-23-2018, 11:09 PM
At 1st I thought Streets of Rage 2 didn't have any Continue Codes til I looked again

But Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle dosen't

Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

AEMT-BA7C
Start with 1 continue

EDIT: Will have more codes for Bare Knuckle tomorrow.

EDIT2: NOTE: There are 2 versions of this game. These codes may not work on version Rev A.

GelmiR
12-24-2018, 07:53 AM

The Addams Family (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RH1A-R61Y

SH1A-SCX6
Jump higher

B2AA-TA8C
Auto-kill ground enemies when they touch you (without taking damage)
Thanks Tony :) I gave them a try:

RH1A-R61Y
This code actually gives the player an (invisible) fezi-copter effect. The fezi-copter is a mini helicopter the player character wears on his head. It can be find on the left in the area where you first start. So basically, player starts with (and keeps) invisible/silent fezi-copter effect. Very useful in my opinion :)

SH1A-SCX6
Jump higher
Works great!

B2AA-TA8C
Doesn't always work on enemies, haven't figured out the logic yet.

Tony H
12-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Thanks Tony :) I gave them a try:

B2AA-TA8C
Doesn't always work on enemies, haven't figured out the logic yet.

I only tested this code in front of the house and in the underground area to the right of the house. I may need to re-word the description. Whenever you encounter an enemy that's moving on the ground, you normally have to jump on top of it to kill it. With this code, you can kill it just by walking into it and touching it (no need to jump on it). The code only works on enemies that walk on the ground, meaning that it doesn't work on enemies that hover around (like the ghost) and hit you while you're on the ground.

Let me know if you're still having problems with the code and I'll see if I can fix it, or possibly just re-word the description.

Tony H
12-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Bare Knuckle / Streets of Rage (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

AJ4A-AAER
Enemies that hit you 3 times in a row will hit ultra fast (makes the game harder)

EA4A-AAER
Enemies that hit you 3 times in a row will only hit once and won't knock you down
(makes the game easier)

GLRA-AGAE
Enemy stun time is longer after you hit them (makes the game easier)

P4RA-BNAE
Enemy stun time is much longer after you hit them (makes the game easier)

EDIT: NOTE: There are 2 versions of this game. These codes may not work on version Rev A.

GelmiR
12-25-2018, 06:02 AM
I only tested this code in front of the house and in the underground area to the right of the house. I may need to re-word the description. Whenever you encounter an enemy that's moving on the ground, you normally have to jump on top of it to kill it. With this code, you can kill it just by walking into it and touching it (no need to jump on it). The code only works on enemies that walk on the ground, meaning that it doesn't work on enemies that hover around (like the ghost) and hit you while you're on the ground.

Let me know if you're still having problems with the code and I'll see if I can fix it, or possibly just re-word the description.
It works perfectly on enemies that move on the ground :) Forgot to mention something for the fezi-copter effect code. A code exists that lets you keep the fezi-copter on pickup. But your code gives the player the same effect without having to pickup and see/hear the fezi-copter. The thing I forgot, your code doesn't have the down-side of slow descending. I'm not really sure how else to describe it. But it is an awesome code, much better than the old one. Thanks :D

Tony H
12-25-2018, 03:37 PM
GelmiR, changed the code description on the "kill enemies that walk on the ground" code.

GelmiR
12-27-2018, 05:52 AM
GelmiR, changed the code description on the "kill enemies that walk on the ground" code.
Sounds good. I've played through most of the game using the new codes and have had no problems :) I would rename the "double-jump" code, though, as it gives you a flying (normally obtained with the fezi-copter) ability if you keep tapping the jump button.

Tony H
12-31-2018, 06:10 PM

Castle of Illusion (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

R05T-A6Y8
Invincibility. Note that you may still get "hit" one time per level or life.

RHEA-A6ZW
Double jump. If you're jumping while walking, you can do the second jump at any time. Very useful for getting across large gaps. If you're jumping while standing still, you'll need to press jump a second time before you reach the top of your jump.

NL6T-AA5E
Allows you to jump one time while in the air after walking off a ledge. Useful for getting across large gaps. Will only work if you are walking on the ground as you go off the ledge.

R1AA-A61L +
R1AA-A6YJ
Walk thru walls. You will not be able to jump while inside of a wall.

R1AA-A61L +
R1AA-A6YJ +
AMEA-AA4E +
RHEA-A6ZW
Walk thru walls. You can jump while inside most walls.

============

The code below is just for fun, and I probably won't add it to the site. It lets you see the lower parts of this area that you normally could never see. May work on other levels too. In short, when you enter the second stage/area you encounter some bottomless pits that will kill you if you drop down into them. The code below makes it so that you don't die when you fall into the pit. When you reach the bottom, you can use the "Walk thru walls" code and start walking to the right. You will eventually reach an area that will let you get back into the game. As I said, not particularly useful, but kind of fun exploring and seeing parts of the game that no one has ever seen before (except the developers).

R09T-A6XC
Don't die when you fall into a bottomless pit.

============

EDIT: If you need a master code...

EABT-AA3E

GelmiR
01-01-2019, 02:53 AM
Nice! Will try all of them :)

Edit: Did a quick playthrough of the game using all the codes, everything worked great :) Some minor graphic glitching in level 2 (the pink and yellow blocks) but other than that, I've had no problems. The invul and jumping codes are very useful, as is clipping (for shortcuts) in some cases, thanks!!

Edit 2: The last code was fun, too - tried it in all levels. Sometimes I'd get stuck on the bottom of a level, because Mickey would stay in his jumping position. But messing around a bit, shooting projectiles and clipping into walls, I was usually able to get out :)

Tony H
01-02-2019, 01:18 AM
More codes from the list. This game had several incorrect codes in the db at GameHacking dot org. After I deleted those, there were only a handful of codes left. Hopefully, these will help...

Chester Cheetah - Too Cool to Fool (Genesis) Game Genie

R01A-A6TY
Master Code (improved). Gets rid of the blank/red screen, and makes the game load faster.

A2TT-EA26
Enables level select, extra lives, etc in Option menu

JB0T-DZ2G
Jump higher

AJZT-CA56
Press Up at any time to climb upwards (on level 2 only)

BB0A-CA6L
Always have the Dash ability (hold B while walking)

============

GelmiR, I noticed that when I got to the end of level 1, I couldn't exit. Do I need to collect certain things before I can finish the level, or was one of my codes possibly causing the problem?

GelmiR
01-02-2019, 04:06 AM
Yeah, you have to collect a part of Chester's bike in each level. Once you've collected it, a message telling you go go to the exit will pop up. I'm moving today, so it might be a few days before I'll be able to test these. But thanks in advance, will get back to you soon! :)

Tony H
01-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Yeah, you have to collect a part of Chester's bike in each level. Once you've collected it, a message telling you go go to the exit will pop up. I'm moving today, so it might be a few days before I'll be able to test these. But thanks in advance, will get back to you soon! :)

Good luck with the move. Call everyone you know, and have plenty of pizza and beer. lol.

Tony H
01-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Someone had requested this...

Chester Cheetah - Too Cool to Fool (Genesis) Game Genie

BT3T-CA7C
Water doesn't hurt you in level 3. You'll also have invincibility for most of the level, except when in the boat.

GelmiR
01-06-2019, 02:52 AM
Good luck with the move. Call everyone you know, and have plenty of pizza and beer. lol.
Thanks Tony :D All went well, though it may be a few more days before I get everything hooked up again. Look forward to testing the Chester codes :)

GelmiR
01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Finally been able to test all Chester Cheetah codes. Did a quick playthrough using all the new codes, and everything worked perfectly. I do have 2 notes on this code:

BT3T-CA7C
Water doesn't hurt you in level 3. You'll also have invincibility for most of the level, except when in the boat.

- If you jump over the boat and continue on, you will mess up the game/graphics. It won't break the game, though. I've seen 2-3 loops of an area, and then endless water. Returning to the boat and using it will eventually restore gameplay.
- The guitar (invincibility) power-up will not work in the level due to this code. But it's for the best anyway. In this level, it's placed in such a way that it makes Chester jump in the water and get hurt. So it should be avoided in level 3 anyway.

Thanks! :) I'm really into QuackShot right now, don't need codes for it, but I'll test whatever you come up with if and whenever you feel like making codes for it. I can't tell what version rom I'm using, though... It is 1,25 mb in size, some stuff in the rom header says Copyright Sega 1991.SEP, don't know if that helps?

Tony H
01-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Thanks! :) I'm really into QuackShot right now, don't need codes for it, but I'll test whatever you come up with if and whenever you feel like making codes for it. I can't tell what version rom I'm using, though... It is 1,25 mb in size, some stuff in the rom header says Copyright Sega 1991.SEP, don't know if that helps?

There are two different versions of Quackshot, version 1.0 and 1.1. It sounds like you have version 1.1. I've already made a bunch of codes for version 1.0. If you want any of the codes I've made for version 1.0, then it would probably be best for you to get that version, and I can continue to make more codes for it. If you don't really want any of those codes, then I can see if I can come up with some new code ideas for your version. I can port over the codes I made from one version to the other, but it's boring work, and I'd rather not do it unless absolutely necessary. Let me know which route you'd like to take.

Also, it looks like the codes for the two different versions are all mixed up at Game Hacking dot org, so will see if I can get them straightened out.

P.S. Thanks for the code info for Chester Cheetah.

EDIT: Is there much of a difference between the two versions of Quackshot?

GelmiR
01-10-2019, 02:08 AM
Thanks Tony, and you're welcome for the Chester info :) Actually I never really noticed any differences in QuackShot, but some of them are listed here:
https://tcrf.net/QuackShot
I probably just took 1.1 because it was the newest version. I remember setting up some codes and using codes of both versions at Gamehacking, yeah - which is why I can't be sure which version I have. I can tell you though that these codes work for it, maybe that will help?

RECT-A6VE MASTER
AKSA-AA9J HEALTH
AVEA-AA5W LIVES
AKJT-AA6W POPCORN

I would prefer codes for the version I'm using now. But as I said, I don't really need any - it's just meant for fun if you feel like making any that you'd like tested :)

Tony H
01-12-2019, 12:23 AM
QuackShot (Version 1.1) (Genesis) Game Genie

AV2T-AA52 +
AV3A-AA96

I had made this code for the other version (1.0) but it only worked when pressing jump while going up. I've added a second code that allows you to keep jumping even when moving down. Works much better.

=========

Also, I think I got all of the codes straightened out at GH dot org.

EDIT: Here are the new codes for the other version in case anyone wants them...

QuackShot (Version 1.0) (Genesis) Game Genie

AV2A-AA9R +
AV3A-AA5W

GelmiR
01-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Niiice! The code works great (tested 1.1), gonna have some fun with this :) Regular jumping doesn't work properly with the codes on, but I can turn them on/off at anytime, so that doesn't matter. I wonder if some parts can be skipped now and/if that will break the game. Gonna do some testing this evening and will post it here. Also thanks for straightening out the codes for the game!

GelmiR
01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Tried them, I was able to skip a lot of levels :) I went from Duckburg -> Transylvania -> South Pole -> Hideout -> Great Duck Treasure Island and finished the game.
With that, I skipped Mexico, Maharajah, Egypt and Viking Ghostship. Had fun trying this out and it didn't break the game, thanks!

Tony H
01-12-2019, 11:59 PM
GelmiR, I was able to fix the problem with the multi-jump codes where the regular jump wasn't working properly (didn't jump as high). This new single code looks and works better when multi-jumping, and fixed the side effect with regular jumping.

QuackShot (Version 1.1) (Genesis) Game Genie

CV2A-AA9J
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump) EDIT: Only works when jumping straight up.

EDIT: Originally posted 2 codes here, but was able to do it with a single code.
EDIT2: Noticed that the code only works when jumping straight up (doesn't work when walking). Will try and fix that tomorrow.
EDIT3: Decided to figure it out before I went to sleep while it was fresh in my head. lol. Here's the 2nd code that enables multi-jumping while walking (use both codes in this post for complete multi-jumping). Seems to work perfectly now.

CV2T-AA3T
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump) EDIT: Only works when walking.

GelmiR
01-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Wow, these work great! Donald is also not as twitchy anymore when jumping, an improvement indeed :) Thanks!

LinkueiBR
01-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Tony H, if possible, make a code for Kid Chameleon to increase 1 or 2 seconds of the invincible time after get a hit (like the code you did for Fantasia years ago)
Thank you and keep it up!!! :)

Tony H
01-17-2019, 11:59 PM
LinkueiBR, I'll work on your code next.

GelmiR, I've been working on codes for Haunting for a couple days now. Trying to make codes for this game is going to drive me to drinking. lol. Difficult to make codes for, but finally got a useful one...

Haunting Starring Polterguy (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RG2T-A61W
Always have all spells, and infinite use of them. NOTE: You must keep one of the two starting spells (Supr-Scare or Boo-Doo). If you use both of those codes, you won't have access to the spell menu anymore. Press C for spell menu (when in a house), and press C to use the highlighted spell. Using Supr-Scare twice on the same character will scare them enough to leave the house. You can also keep refilling your Ecto-Meter with the Ecto-Xtra spell. You can find the instruction book for the game here: http://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Sega_Genesis/Manual/formated/Haunting_Starring_Polterguy_-_1993_-_Electronic_Arts.pdf

EDIT: Just noticed that if you use both of the spells that you start the game with, you won't be able to access the spell menu. You can get around this by not using one of the two starting spells. I'll work on a code to fix that tomorrow.

EDIT2: No luck with a code to fix that. The code is still very useful though. I'll just need to modify the code description a little. (Edit: done).

Tony H
01-19-2019, 11:35 AM
LinkueiBR, no luck with your Kid Chameleon code. Those types of codes are usually pretty easy to make, but not the case here. I did find the RAM address for the invincibility timer, but the game uses something called a Multiple Move that complicates things. The RAM address is FF0EAC (Gens emulator). I may come back to it later. Will let you know if I figure anything out.

EDIT: Looks like I may have found it after all. Testing right now.

Tony H
01-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Tony H, if possible, make a code for Kid Chameleon to increase 1 or 2 seconds of the invincible time after get a hit (like the code you did for Fantasia years ago)
Thank you and keep it up!!! :)

LinkueiBR, the code seems to work fine. The regular value that is used for the invincibility timer is 0A (hex), which gives you about 1 second of invincibility after being hit. The code below uses a value of 1E which gives you about 3 seconds of invincibility, but I can easily adjust it to any value you want. Let me know if there are any side effects, or if you want more or less invincibility time.

Kid Chameleon (Genesis) Game Genie

D48A-BN4Y
Gives you about 3 seconds of invincibility time after being hit (instead of 1 second).

GelmiR
01-20-2019, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the Haunting code Tony! Though I wouldn't want to be held responsible to drive you to drinking :) Sorry for my late reply, internet connection still isn't set up. Will test the code today. One thing I don't understand though, you mentioned it will give you infinite spells, but also to keep a Supr-Scare or Boo-Doo. But aren't those infinite?
Edit: I don't think the code is working for me? Not sure if there are more versions of the game, but mine has UEJ as region and a 1993.SEP build date.

LinkueiBR
01-20-2019, 10:23 AM
LinkueiBR, the code seems to work fine. The regular value that is used for the invincibility timer is 0A (hex), which gives you about 1 second of invincibility after being hit. The code below uses a value of 1E which gives you about 3 seconds of invincibility, but I can easily adjust it to any value you want. Let me know if there are any side effects, or if you want more or less invincibility time.

Kid Chameleon (Genesis) Game Genie

D48A-BN4Y
Gives you about 3 seconds of invincibility time after being hit (instead of 1 second).

This code is simply PERFECT!
It improves a lot the overall balance of the game. I will include him in my future Improvement hack.

Thank you again Tony, you are the BEST!

Tony H
01-20-2019, 11:08 AM
LinkueiBR, glad the code worked. Will definitely have to play your hack when it's done (love that game).

GelmiR, I just tried the code again and it seems to work fine for me. Looks like there is only one version of the ROM, and mine is also UEJ regions, with a 1993.SEP build date.

A little clarification on the code description. As you know, when you start the game, you get the Supr-Scare and Boo-Doo spells. With the code turned on, you can use any of the other spells as many times as you want, even though you haven't collected them and they're greyed out (not "high-lighted"). You can also use the Supr-Scare or Boo-Doo spells as many times as you want, however, you must leave at least one "high-lighted" spell in your spell menu (can be any spell that you got legitimately) or else you will no longer have access to the spell menu (nothing happens when you press the spell menu button (C) because the game thinks you don't have any spells left). I tried to make a code so that the game would always think you had spells even if you didn't, but couldn't figure it out. If you get the code working, you'll see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Is the dungeon the only place where you can get more spells? Do you have any tips on how or where I can find them? I'm thinking that if I can actually collect a spell, I might be able to make some more codes.

EDIT2: I'm struggling with a good code description for the spell code. Will see if I can come up with something better that's not too long.

EDIT3: Forgot to mention, if you use a "high-lighted" spell (like Supr-Scare or Boo-Doo), it will become greyed out, but you can still keep using it. If you do use all of your "high-lighted" spells and can't access the spell menu, you will be able to access it again as soon as you pick up another spell.

GelmiR
01-20-2019, 02:55 PM
Oh I get it now, thanks for all the info :) Will try again and will get back to you soon! And yes I think you can only get spells in the dungeons. They are easy to distinguish, as spells are not green ecto, but red letters. I think they start showing up in dungeons once you reach the 2nd house.

Tony H
01-20-2019, 04:14 PM
GelmiR, here's another code to try. The spells start to show up in the dungeon while in the first house. I felt that the letters disappear way too fast, so...

BECA-7732
Spells (letters) stay longer before they disappear (5 seconds instead of 2 seconds)

EDIT: If you're in the first house and you still have the Supr-Scare spell, it won't show up in the dungeon. If you go into the dungeon while in the first house and you have already used the Supr-Scare spell, it will show up pretty quickly (right after the 3rd ecto pick-up).

Tony H
01-20-2019, 09:55 PM
GelmiR, I think I finally have a perfectly working "Have all spells" code. I'm going to keep the code I already posted above because it's only a single code, and people that are using real hardware might prefer it instead of the 3 part code below. Hope you were able to get that single code working.

9V9A-DCC6 +
579A-CAC8 +
B39A-C9MA
Always have all spells, and infinite use of them.

MF6A-AABT
Start a new game with all 5 spells.

GelmiR
01-21-2019, 09:36 AM
Thanks Tony :) I tested them all, they all seem to work fine for me. I don't mind 3 codes, Genesis Plus generates a pat file, so I'll only have to enter them once. Not even sure if I still have a physical Game Genie anymore. Definitely some keeper codes :)

Tony H
01-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Thanks for testing those GelmiR, will add them to the site. Very difficult codes, but very satisfying.

Several of the games on your "list" are games that I have never played, or games that I've never been a fan of. I must say though, almost every single one that I've made codes for has been a really good game. I am quickly learning to trust your choices.

EDIT: That will probably be it for Haunting codes. With infinite use of the spells, you can pretty much decide how you want to play the game. You can occasionally refill your ecto to help a little bit, or you can start using an endless barrage of spells to run everyone out of the houses and finish the game pretty quickly.

GelmiR
01-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Thanks for testing those GelmiR, will add them to the site. Very difficult codes, but very satisfying.
You're welcome Tony, thanks for creating them :) Definitely keeping them around. Haunting gets old fast, but it was a very original game that I can greatly enjoy in small doses. Hope it didn't make you drink too much :)

Several of the games on your "list" are games that I have never played, or games that I've never been a fan of. I must say though, almost every single one that I've made codes for has been a really good game. I am quickly learning to trust your choices.
Thanks Tony :) Though they are not all good games, I bet some people will consider some of them real stinkers. It's just a list of games I enjoyed lots back in the day playing either alone or with a good friend. But I'm glad you are enjoying them so far!

EDIT: That will probably be it for Haunting codes. With infinite use of the spells, you can pretty much decide how you want to play the game. You can occasionally refill your ecto to help a little bit, or you can start using an endless barrage of spells to run everyone out of the houses and finish the game pretty quickly.
Yeah, I already had an infinite life code for the dungeons and an infinite ecto code. Infinite spells is great, I honestly didn't even know about the final (posessed) spell!

Tony H
01-21-2019, 07:41 PM
Infinite spells is great, I honestly didn't even know about the final (posessed) spell!

Wait, what!? There's another spell? Does it show up in the regular spell menu with the other spells when you get it? If so, would a code to always have it be useful? What does the spell do?

GelmiR
01-22-2019, 02:11 AM
Wait, what!? There's another spell? Does it show up in the regular spell menu with the other spells when you get it? If so, would a code to always have it be useful? What does the spell do?
It's the spell at the bottom, not sure what it's called or entirely sure how it works yet. You take posession of a spirit form of the person you are trying to scare. I only did a quick test :) But it's already included in your 3-bundle code.

Edit: It's the one called Zom-B-Ize. From the manual:
Polterguy can possess humans for a short time with the
Zom-B-Ize spell and move them around in a trance-like
state. You move a possessed human around with the D-
Pad, just like you move Polterguy. The Sardinis are even
scarier as Zombies than they usually are. A Zom-B-Ized
Sardini can even scare a non-Zom-B-Ized Sardini just by
walking up to them and pressing A.

I guess I just never noticed it, even when it was greyed out :P

Tony H
01-24-2019, 12:06 AM
The Lost World - Jurassic Park (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

F2BT-AA4J
Master code (improved). Gets rid of the blank/red screen, and makes the game load faster.

AFXX-1A52
Enable level select in Option menu. Note that you must reset the game with the code turned on if you're playing with an emulator.

REED-26XC
Walk/drive thru most trees, bushes, walls, rocks, etc. Works on foot or in the car.

A0ZX-0ACE
Start a new game with 5 of every weapon. Note that a few of the weapon icons that show up will be blank, but they still shoot.

RGXD-46X0 +
A1DD-3N66
Have all weapons and infinite ammo for them. There are also a few weapon icons that show up blank, but they still shoot. If you pick up ammo for a weapon, that weapon may disappear when you use the last of the ammo, but just cycle through the weapons and it will show up again with infinite ammo.

GelmiR
01-24-2019, 01:50 AM
Yay more Jurassic Park :D Will test these asap!

GelmiR
01-24-2019, 04:11 PM
Did some quick testing, they all work great so far Not sure if they have any effect in the special/3d levels, still need to test those. Thanks!
Will try a playthrough either tomorrow or saturday and get back to you.

Tony H
01-24-2019, 06:25 PM
I'm working on a few more codes. Will try to get them done asap.

EDIT:

D5AX-2A3J
Infinite health. Your health meter will go down but once it reaches empty, it will automatically refill. Doesn't work on Boss/3D stages. (EDIT: This mimics the Immortal password cheat).

EDIT2:

PHAD-4EXY
1 shot kills most enemies. Doesn't work on bosses in 3D stages.

EDIT3:

RXAD-4ADN
Makes the Shotgun twice as strong.

EMAD-4CDN
Makes the Shotgun 5x as strong. Can kill most enemies with one shot.

=========

That should be it, unless you can think of any other codes.

GelmiR, I noticed a familiar name at GameFaqs, have you contributed anything there?

GelmiR
01-25-2019, 08:27 AM
I'm working on a few more codes. Will try to get them done asap.

EDIT:

D5AX-2A3J
Infinite health. Your health meter will go down but once it reaches empty, it will automatically refill. Doesn't work on Boss/3D stages. (EDIT: This mimics the Immortal password cheat).

EDIT2:

PHAD-4EXY
1 shot kills most enemies. Doesn't work on bosses in 3D stages.

EDIT3:

RXAD-4ADN
Makes the Shotgun twice as strong.

EMAD-4CDN
Makes the Shotgun 5x as strong. Can kill most enemies with one shot.

=========

That should be it, unless you can think of any other codes.
Did some quick testing, they all seem to work. Can't wait to do a playthrough, will probably do so tomorrow. Will let you know how it works out :) There is one thing though; I can't get the level select code to work on the Options screen anymore. Though I'm sure I've seen it work and double-checked the code characters. I tried resetting as well. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Edit: Reloaded the game (hard reset) and turned on all codes at the Sega logo and now it works again :)

GelmiR, I noticed a familiar name at GameFaqs, have you contributed anything there?
Yes, I did :) Though that Lost World FAQ is pretty shitty, LOL... been a long time. Most time I ever spent on a FAQ is the one I made for Spidey Vs. Kingpin:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/genesis/586478-spider-man/faqs/8422
Though there's a huge error in it that I haven't been able to get fixed :P

Thanks again Tony!

Tony H
01-25-2019, 06:18 PM
If you use the Master Code, you should be able to do a hard reset with the other codes turned on. That level select code needs to be enabled almost as soon as the game starts to load (as you noticed). Resetting it with the master code turned on is the easiest way to do that.

EDIT: BTW, those Boss/3D levels are pretty cool.

LinkueiBR
01-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Would be great if you can make us a code to disable the jump action with the UP button from the D-PAD in Turrican 1.
I will love to include this in a future update for my Turrican improvement hack:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Tony H
01-26-2019, 12:03 AM
Would be great if you can make us a code to disable the jump action with the UP button from the D-PAD in Turrican 1.
I will love to include this in a future update for my Turrican improvement hack:

Give this a try...

B2ZT-AA32

Assman
01-26-2019, 04:21 AM

Personally, I kind of feel like it's needed in the MD ports; it makes it a lot easier to control your jump and rate of fire at the same time. You could enable rapid fire, but then you'd lose the aimable beam. The best scenario would probably be 6-button support, so you can have rapid shots by holding the fire button but then have the beam and everything else relegated to different buttons. I don't even want to imagine how many Game Genie codes that'd be.

GelmiR
01-26-2019, 04:26 AM
If you use the Master Code, you should be able to do a hard reset with the other codes turned on. That level select code needs to be enabled almost as soon as the game starts to load (as you noticed). Resetting it with the master code turned on is the easiest way to do that.

EDIT: BTW, those Boss/3D levels are pretty cool.
Thanks for the info, Tony :) Yeah, those levels do look pretty cool! Too bad I didn't play the game back in the day. It's a fun and good looking game, but it'll never be as special as the first 2 JP games for me.

Edit: Lost World is definitely best in short doses in my opinion. Codes are working out great so far :) The game is divided into 4 'sites' that each have 4-5 levels. The final (special/3d) level can normally only be accessed when having completed the 'regular' levels. But with the no clip code, you can reach the starting point for the final level at any time. Completing the final level will also complete the 'site' and skip all remaining 'regular' levels. So, no clip allows the player to only play the final/special levels if he/she wants to :)

Tony H
01-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Throwing this out there in case anyone can think of a good use for this.

In Turrican, when I disabled the Up jump function, I noticed that there are a few lines of code that could be used for something else besides jumping when pressing Up. Maybe something like refill your health, add an extra life, add more time, etc. Kind of limited to what I can do because of the space available, but open to suggestions.

LinkueiBR
01-28-2019, 11:30 PM
Give this a try...

B2ZT-AA32

Perfect as always. THANK YOU!!!Tony

In Turrican, when I disabled the Up jump function, I noticed that there are a few lines of code that could be used for something else besides jumping when pressing Up. Maybe something like refill your health, add an extra life, add more time, etc. Kind of limited to what I can do because of the space available, but open to suggestions.

Really Interesting... maybe install the "mine" in the ground without holding down+B.

Would be cool if it was possible to enable the expanded 6 button controller and make all the weapons assigned to a button...
For example (a really crazy button layout):

X Shot Y Black bullet Z Barrier MODE Beam
A Jump B Mine C Barrier

LOL!

Tony H
01-29-2019, 11:36 PM
Really Interesting... maybe install the "mine" in the ground without holding down+B.

Would be cool if it was possible to enable the expanded 6 button controller and make all the weapons assigned to a button...
For example (a really crazy button layout):

X Shot Y Black bullet Z Barrier MODE Beam
A Jump B Mine C Barrier

LOL!

Not familiar with the game, so how do I install the "mine" in the ground? When I hold down+B, I turn into a spinning star/wheel thing and start moving across the screen. Do I need to pick up a mine somewhere?

As far as 6 button controller support, might be possible, but would take a ton of codes (would definitely need a patch), and too much time involved to pull that off. But, it does sound interesting so I may look into it later.

GelmiR
01-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Tony, I just wanted to let you know that the Lost World codes are working out great :) Sometimes I see some graphic glitches (artifacts?) when having selected some of the weapons without an icon. But that is easily 'fixed' by selecting a different weapon. That's the only thing I saw, but they all work great :) So thanks again!

LinkueiBR
01-31-2019, 11:49 PM
Not familiar with the game, so how do I install the "mine" in the ground? When I hold down+B, I turn into a spinning star/wheel thing and start moving across the screen. Do I need to pick up a mine somewhere?

As far as 6 button controller support, might be possible, but would take a ton of codes (would definitely need a patch), and too much time involved to pull that off. But, it does sound interesting so I may look into it later.

Sorry, its A and not B
You need to get the mine item and press DOWN+A

Tony H
02-01-2019, 11:52 PM
GelmiR, glad the codes worked. Will pick another game from your list before too long.

Got it working fairly good, but not perfect. There are 4 different versions of the code with explanations for each one. A few issues I noticed that will probably take too much time to fix...

1) If you use one of the codes below that still has jump enabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that you keep jumping over and over when you hold Up (you normally only jump once when holding Up). This isn't much of an issue since you normally wouldn't hold Up anyways. Having jump enabled when planting mines is kind of neat since you can plant the mine and jump out of the way.

2) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you press Up, you will temporarily stop moving until you release Up, and the mine countdown is paused until you release Up. This can be useful however.

3) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you hold Up and press the directional pad backwards, you will slide backwards until you release the directional pad (can even slide thru rocks, walls etc).

I'm including a different version (below) of the previous code I posted that disabled the jump action with the UP button from the D-PAD. The code I already posted above (B2ZT-AA32) seems to work perfectly, so I would definitely use that one in a hack if that's the only code you're going to use. However, if you use that code together with the codes below, the codes below won't work. Just wanted to explain why there are 2 different codes.

Turrican (Genesis) Game Genie

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
2TZT-BJB8
Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
32ZT-BJB8
Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
2TZT-BJB8 +
RYZT-A6WE
Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
32ZT-BJB8 +
RYZT-A6WE
Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

RYZT-A6WE
Pressing Up will not make you jump. Pressing B still makes you jump. Note that this code is included in 2 of the codes above.

GelmiR
02-02-2019, 08:42 AM
GelmiR, glad the codes worked. Will pick another game from your list before too long.
Thanks, I look forward to testing whatever you come up with :) Long as there isn't someone who is in real need of codes, of course!

Scandy
02-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Hello,
there is a GG code that should make Altered Beast "harder": MBGA-AAYR

The description on gamehacking.org (https://gamehacking.org/game/14729) says:
ROM Write - Constantly writes 0x4058 to the ROM address 0x4C8E.

Maybe here in the forums there is some (AB/GG) expert that could explain what exactly this code does?

On segaretro.org (https://segaretro.org/Altered_Beast) it is reported that after beating the game...
if the player decides to play the Mega Drive version again without turning off the power, they will start from the beginning of the game but there will be more powerful and dangerous enemies lurking in the earlier levels. (many of the ones that appeared in stage 4 and 5.) The boss fights also become more fierce.

Maybe it's this?
Thank you

Tony H
02-03-2019, 12:42 AM
Scandy, I looked at that code and I can say with 99.9% certainty that it doesn't enable the more difficult version that you mention in your post. The person that made the code makes codes by using a real Game Genie on a real Genesis and keeps entering random codes until he finds one that does something.

I looked at the replacement instruction that is used in that code (4058), and that is not the type of instruction that you would use for the type of code you're looking for.

Scandy
02-03-2019, 04:41 AM
Hey Tony thank you very much for your feedback.
So there is a way to know what exactly that code does?
Thanks.

Tony H
02-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Hey Tony thank you very much for your feedback.
So there is a way to know what exactly that code does?
Thanks.

Not without a lot of work. If it was a "legitimate" code, it probably wouldn't take too long to figure out, but because it's just some random letters and numbers entered into the Game Genie, I'm not even going to try to figure it out.

EDIT: I was thinking of how I could go about making a code to enable the "Hard" mode that you described when you finish the game, but I would need a save state right before you finish the game, and even then it may not be very easy to figure out. If you can supply a save state, I'll see what I can do. A Gens or Kega Fusion save state will work.

EDIT2: Have you ever tried finishing the game to see if the hard mode works? If you have, a detailed description of the differences in the first couple levels would be helpful.

Scandy
02-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Thank you very much Tony!
I'm not searching for a code to enable the "hard" mode after beating the game, I was just "curious" indeed about that strange GG code... but since we are speaking about Altered Beast, it would be "epic" a set of GG codes to enable features described by @SEGA-Jorge a couple of years ago in this exact post:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?31654-Altered-Beast-Rom-Hacking&p=758812&viewfull=1#post758812

Thank you!

Tony H
02-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Thank you very much Tony!
I'm not searching for a code to enable the "hard" mode after beating the game, I was just "curious" indeed about that strange GG code... but since we are speaking about Altered Beast, it would be "epic" a set of GG codes to enable features described by @SEGA-Jorge a couple of years ago in this exact post:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?31654-Altered-Beast-Rom-Hacking&p=758812&viewfull=1#post758812

Thank you!

Like Jorge said, some of those would require a lot of work and would be a patch instead of a few Game Genie codes. However, some of those ideas are doable. Will look into it when I get some time.

Scandy
02-03-2019, 04:39 PM
That's great, thank you!

LinkueiBR
02-03-2019, 10:27 PM

Got it working fairly good, but not perfect. There are 4 different versions of the code with explanations for each one. A few issues I noticed that will probably take too much time to fix...

1) If you use one of the codes below that still has jump enabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that you keep jumping over and over when you hold Up (you normally only jump once when holding Up). This isn't much of an issue since you normally wouldn't hold Up anyways. Having jump enabled when planting mines is kind of neat since you can plant the mine and jump out of the way.

2) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you press Up, you will temporarily stop moving until you release Up, and the mine countdown is paused until you release Up. This can be useful however.

3) If you use one of the codes below that has jump disabled when pressing Up, you'll notice that when you hold Up and press the directional pad backwards, you will slide backwards until you release the directional pad (can even slide thru rocks, walls etc).

I'm including a different version (below) of the previous code I posted that disabled the jump action with the UP button from the D-PAD. The code I already posted above (B2ZT-AA32) seems to work perfectly, so I would definitely use that one in a hack if that's the only code you're going to use. However, if you use that code together with the codes below, the codes below won't work. Just wanted to explain why there are 2 different codes.

Turrican (Genesis) Game Genie

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
2TZT-BJB8
Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
32ZT-BJB8
Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will still jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
2TZT-BJB8 +
RYZT-A6WE
Pressing Up plants a mine. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

1EZT-A6V4 +
AAZT-AAB6 +
32ZT-BJB8 +
RYZT-A6WE
Pressing Up plants a mine and you will also have infinite mines. Note that you will NOT jump when you press Up.

RYZT-A6WE
Pressing Up will not make you jump. Pressing B still makes you jump. Note that this code is included in 2 of the codes above.

Really great codes that upgrade the gameplay!
Nice job!!!

Tony, can you make us a code/patch that make the Kid Chameleon Diamond Power's (when you have 20+ and 50+ diamonds) command "A+START" assigned to Z button from the 6 Button controller?

Thank you³!!!

Tony H
02-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Tony, can you make us a code/patch that make the Kid Chameleon Diamond Power's (when you have 20+ and 50+ diamonds) command "A+START" assigned to Z button from the 6 Button controller?

Thank you³!!!

Did some research on what it would take to enable a 6 button controller on a Genesis game. One guy did it for another game and said he had to change 326 bytes. Would probably be an interesting project, but don't have that kind of time to invest.

LinkueiBR
02-09-2019, 09:31 AM
change 326 bytes

Ouch!
Nevermind... :shock:

Can you make these 2 codes to improve the MD's cancelled Ninja Gaiden game:

-Fix the controls to make the Ninja walk forward when you press left or right instead of diagonals movements.
-Remove the level skip command when the game was paused that was switched on by default.

Thank you Tony!

Tony H
02-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Can you make these 2 codes to improve the MD's cancelled Ninja Gaiden game:

-Fix the controls to make the Ninja walk forward when you press left or right instead of diagonals movements.
-Remove the level skip command when the game was paused that was switched on by default.

Thank you Tony!

This should be the correct ROM. Let me know how it works, and if you also want codes to disable the "Restart level" and "Skip to next level" when you press A or C respectively when paused.

Ninja Gaiden (Japan) (Proto) [b] (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

RZ7T-A6TG
Disables the level select when you press pause. Keeps showing time instead of level number, and disables changing the level number when pressing Left or Right. When paused, pressing A will still restart the level, and pressing C will still skip to the next level.

Tony H
02-14-2019, 11:33 PM
GelmiR, an interesting game from your list. Only 2 codes for this game on the site, so thought it would be a good choice. If you happen to figure out how to use the "Objects" part of the debug menu, let me know.

Scooby-Doo Mystery (Genesis) Game Genie

RGCT-A6WT
Debug menu is always available in the pause menu. To skip to any area/room in the game, pause the game and select "Rooms" and press Start. Select the "area" and press A, then select the room you want and press B, then press Start (with Continue highlighted). Still not sure how the "Objects" work.

GelmiR
02-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Oh, nice! :D Will look into this tomorrow morning and will let you know how it works out and if there's away to figure out Objects. Thanks! :)

Tony H
02-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Let me know if you have any code suggestions for Scooby-Doo. Have never played the game before, so not sure what would help.

GelmiR
02-16-2019, 04:48 AM
Debug code works great for teleporting so far :) Can't figure out the objects either, not sure if you can really do anything with it. I'm not really looking for specific codes, but I'll test anything if you stumble on something interesting. It's a point & click adventure game, so I guess it's harder to think of (and create) codes for it? But debug is already very useful :) Thanks!

Tony H
02-25-2019, 08:11 PM
Have only tested these codes on the first level. Will be making some more.

Toy Story (European) (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

F2ZA-AA8E
Hit enemies from anywhere. If you use your whip, you will automatically hit every enemy/object on the screen, no matter where they are. Also works on bosses.

AART-AAN8
Jump higher (moon jump). If you're using an emulator, the code must be turned on before you select "Start". Will work with passwords.

AART-BAE8
Jump much higher (moon jump). If you're using an emulator, the code must be turned on before you select "Start". Will work with passwords.

Tony H
02-26-2019, 08:37 PM

AAYA-AA8Y
Invincibility.

AJXA-AA9T
Once you hit an enemy/object with your whip, it will stay that way for the rest of the level. This means that it will not harm you if you touch it.

EDIT:

REWA-A6YC
Enables level skip (pause and press A).

LinkueiBR
02-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Hey Tony!

There's a way to fix the dark video mode used in the Back to the Future Part III Mega Drive port?
I tried to hack the color of this game to look like AMIGA version some years ago, all the intro screens are perfectly hackable (they are just dark), but the in game use a strange video mode that limit the color range possibility of the Genesis color palette and is impossible to do valid brighter colors...

Found this in the SEGARETRO.COM:

"Palette errors
An error in the Mega Drive version's palette storage results in the game appearing darker than it actually should be. On the Mega Drive, the bit order of palette colors is 0000BBB0GGG0RRR0, with RRR, GGG, and BBB being the red/green/blue components of the color and 0 being zero bits. This game, however, uses 00000BBB0GGG0RRR by mistake; the lowest bits of the components are ignored by the hardware, resulting in a color range (000, 001, 010, 011). Because smaller values are darker, the colors will thus appear darker."

Thank you ^^

Tony H
02-27-2019, 08:14 PM
Hey Tony!

There's a way to fix the dark video mode used in the Back to the Future Part III Mega Drive port?
I tried to hack the color of this game to look like AMIGA version some years ago, all the intro screens are perfectly hackable (they are just dark), but the in game use a strange video mode that limit the color range possibility of the Genesis color palette and is impossible to do valid brighter colors...

Found this in the SEGARETRO.COM:

"Palette errors
An error in the Mega Drive version's palette storage results in the game appearing darker than it actually should be. On the Mega Drive, the bit order of palette colors is 0000BBB0GGG0RRR0, with RRR, GGG, and BBB being the red/green/blue components of the color and 0 being zero bits. This game, however, uses 00000BBB0GGG0RRR by mistake; the lowest bits of the components are ignored by the hardware, resulting in a color range (000, 001, 010, 011). Because smaller values are darker, the colors will thus appear darker."

Thank you ^^

Will take a look at it when I get some time.

Also, a few weeks ago you asked for some codes for the Ninja Gaiden Proto game. I made a code but you never responded, so have abandoned that project.

GelmiR
03-02-2019, 04:20 AM
Tony, thanks for the Toy Story codes :) Did a very quick playthrough and have tested them all. They all worked like a charm! As always, I've tested them with Genesis Plus GX on Wii. Here are some notes:

- You already knew this, but jump codes have to be activated before starting the game. Deactivating it during gameplay will not deactivate the effect. Will do a proper playthrough soon to see if there's anything fun to find way up in some of the levels.
- Level skip works up until the 1st person level (really inside the claw machine). I usually activate the level skip with the code A, B, right, A, C, A, down, A, B, right, A (enter at the "press start" screen). That works for all levels. Haven't tested beyond the 1st person level yet, as that level is such a pain :D
- Hit anywhere and invincibility work great!
- "Stay hit" works on almost all enemies, except for some flying ones like helicopters. But that's not really note-worthy in my opinion.

None of the codes need fixing in my opinion, I just wanted to be thorough on how they worked out. I had fun with these, thanks! :D

I already asked you once for codes for the European version of Ecco the Tides of Time. You then directed me to the codes of the US version. But I'd still prefer some for the European version. I do get it, though - it's probably not very satisfying to make codes you've already made for another version. But if you ever change your mind, I'm using a 1994.AUG version and am looking for these:
- Something that will easily enable the debug mode (can be accessed by pausing the game while Ecco is facing the screen and pressing A, B, C, B, C, A, C, A, B)
- No clip, for swimming in the air and through walls

Any help would be appreciated :) But again, no worries if you don't feel like it!

Tony H
03-02-2019, 12:48 PM
GelmiR, thanks for letting me know about the problem with the level select issue in the claw machine level. I made a save state there and will try and figure out the problem.

I made some codes that let you do higher jumps without having to enable the code before the game starts, but didn't post them because there are 3 codes (instead of 1). If you'd like the 3 part high jump codes that enable higher jumps at anytime, let me know and I'll post them. About the only time I could think of where they might be useful, is if you had a save state without the high jump enabled, the 3 part code would allow you to have high jumps, where as the single code I already posted wouldn't enable high jumps. However, using the level skip would solve that problem.

I wrote down some of the passwords for the game and will do some checking and see if there are any "special" passwords that take you to hidden levels, etc. Interesting that the US version didn't have a password system.

Will take a look at the Ecco codes when I'm done with these. Thanks again for the notes!

EDIT: Here are all the passwords that are in the ROM. I'm not very familiar with the game so not sure if any of these are anything special, but after some testing, they just look like passwords for normal levels. :-(

Haven't seen these posted anywhere on the internet, so will post them here and probably on my site.

Toy Story (E) Passwords (directly from the ROM)

31241 = Buzz Clip
54152 = Food and Drink
34255 = Sid's Workbench
51324 = Day-toy-na

EDIT2: The high jump codes will work with passwords.

GelmiR
03-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Hey Tony,

You're welcome! :) If you manage to fix the level skip, I'd be happy to test it again. Thanks for offering the 3-part jump codes, but I'm fine with the single codes. Do I understand correctly though that with the single codes the effect can still be disabled/enabled between levels? That might be useful. If not, that's still fine - I'd mostly have the jumping codes on to explore. I forgot to mention, but they also work in the chase levels when riding Rex or Roller Bob (don't ask).

Sorry that there doesn't appear to be more interesting passcodes, but it is interesting to know that the US version doesn't have them. I wonder why that is. I've seen them during gameplay, but because I had a level skip, never bothered to write them down. But again, interesting fact :)

Thanks in advance for looking into Ecco, I really appreciate it :) I'm in the mood to replay it, but not in the mood for all its frustrations :D

Tony H
03-02-2019, 08:33 PM
The jump codes that I posted can not be turned on or off during game play (it is whatever it was when you started the game). However, if I remember correctly, if quickly tap the jump button, you will jump a shorter distance as compared to a full press. The 3 code high jump codes that I haven't posted yet would allow you to turn the jump effect on or off, however I'm thinking that if I add the other jump codes, it may just confuse people. Will probably just leave it as is.

GelmiR
03-03-2019, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the info Tony :) I agree, the single jump codes are enough, and lightly tapping the jump button works fine!

Edit: The jump effect can be disabled/enabled by disabling/enabling the code before the next level loads :)

Tony H
03-04-2019, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info Tony :) I agree, the single jump codes are enough, and lightly tapping the jump button works fine!

Edit: The jump effect can be disabled/enabled by disabling/enabling the code before the next level loads :)

Thanks for the jump info, I had no idea it did that. Will have to decide if I should add that info to the code description. Not sure if that would be too confusing.

I've got a new and improved level skip code. This one works fine through all the levels (including "really inside the claw machine"). It stops working at Rocket Man, but that appears to be the last level so that may be normal.

E4TA-CA9T
Enables level skip. Code must be turned on before the title screen (where it says "Press Start"). To skip to the next level, pause the game and press A.

GelmiR
03-04-2019, 01:40 AM
You're welcome :) Yeah might be confusing to add that info, I agree. But I still wanted to let you know.

Nice, I will give it a try this evening and let you know how it turns out.

If you are interested in replicating, the game has a built in code for infinite energy, infinite lives and a level skip. At the "press start" screen, press A, B, right, A, C, A, down, A, B, right, A. Level select is now enabled for all levels. In level 2, grab 7 stars and jump inside the toy box on the very left of the level. Press down in there for about 5 seconds or so, and the star on the top left will start spinning, indicating that you now have infinite energy. Not sure if that is when infinite lives kicks in, or that it was already activated after entering the code.

Edit: Good news on your new level skip code; it also works on the last level :) You have to wait a few seconds before you gain control in the level, but once you do, you can skip it like any other.

Tony H
03-05-2019, 12:05 AM
The newest Level Skip code actually duplicates the controller cheat you do at the title screen. If you activate the code before the title screen (where you enter the controller cheat), you'll notice that the title screen automatically skips to the next screen. That's because the code is simulating the controller cheat.

I did notice the invincibility cheat you mentioned where you collect 7 start and press down in that box. I think the invincibility code I made was partially based off of that cheat. Didn't know anything about the infinite lives cheat. Probably won't do a code for that unless you want one.

GelmiR
03-05-2019, 01:46 AM
The newest Level Skip code actually duplicates the controller cheat you do at the title screen. If you activate the code before the title screen (where you enter the controller cheat), you'll notice that the title screen automatically skips to the next screen. That's because the code is simulating the controller cheat.

I did notice the invincibility cheat you mentioned where you collect 7 start and press down in that box. I think the invincibility code I made was partially based off of that cheat. Didn't know anything about the infinite lives cheat. Probably won't do a code for that unless you want one.
As soon as I read that your new code was partially based off the in-game cheat, I had to test the invincibility cheat with your latest code. And it works! Meaning that your newest level skip code enables the built-in cheat code that allows you to skip any level (including the last one), infinite health, AND infinite lives :) Very handy, thanks!!

Edit: Would it be difficult to make an infinite battery code? No worries if it is, as it might require several codes. I'm not sure it would work on all the levels in which you control/ride the RC car, as some levels are isometric and one is 3d-ish.

LinkueiBR
03-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Will take a look at it when I get some time.

Also, a few weeks ago you asked for some codes for the Ninja Gaiden Proto game. I made a code but you never responded, so have abandoned that project.

Hey Tony!
Sorry, i've tested the code to turn off level skip and works perfect. I forgot to give you a feedback :mad:
You can't find the code to disable the auto-diagonal moves?
Thank you!

Tony H
03-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Edit: Would it be difficult to make an infinite battery code? No worries if it is, as it might require several codes. I'm not sure it would work on all the levels in which you control/ride the RC car, as some levels are isometric and one is 3d-ish.

You're hunch seems to be correct. I made this code for the Buzz Clip level, but it doesn't seem to work on a couple other driving levels I tested it on (didn't try them all). There aren't that many driving levels, so shouldn't take too long to get the rest of them done.

ALCA-CA70
Infinite battery charge in the Buzz Clip driving level.

GelmiR
03-06-2019, 03:36 AM
Thanks for looking into it, Tony :) Tested the first code, works!

Tony H
03-06-2019, 10:59 PM

AXPT-RA2R
Infinite battery charge in the Day-toy-na driving level

AKJT-CA38
Infinite battery charge in the Light My Fire driving level

GelmiR
03-07-2019, 02:33 PM

AXPT-RA2R
Infinite battery charge in the Day-toy-na driving level

AKJT-CA38
Infinite battery charge in the Light My Fire driving level
Just tested them, they work great :) Can't think of anymore for Toy Story, thanks Tony!

Tony H
03-08-2019, 10:59 PM
I already asked you once for codes for the European version of Ecco the Tides of Time. You then directed me to the codes of the US version. But I'd still prefer some for the European version. I do get it, though - it's probably not very satisfying to make codes you've already made for another version. But if you ever change your mind, I'm using a 1994.AUG version and am looking for these:
- Something that will easily enable the debug mode (can be accessed by pausing the game while Ecco is facing the screen and pressing A, B, C, B, C, A, C, A, B)
- No clip, for swimming in the air and through walls

Any help would be appreciated :) But again, no worries if you don't feel like it!

Someone else made these codes for the US version and all I did was port them over to the European version.

Ecco the Dolphin - Tides of Time (European) Game Genie

BHLA-VN2R +
RHLA-T6VA
Pause the game and press A for Debug Menu. Ecco doesn't need to be facing the camera while paused for it to work. Code for the US version made by Terpsfan101.

RFHT-T6XA
Swim in air. Code for the US version made by Chemist.

ACNA-TA9L
Swim through walls. Code for US version made by Chemist.

GelmiR
03-09-2019, 03:46 AM
Someone else made these codes for the US version and all I did was port them over to the European version.

Ecco the Dolphin - Tides of Time (European) Game Genie

BHLA-VN2R +
RHLA-T6VA
Pause the game and press A for Debug Menu. Ecco doesn't need to be facing the camera while paused for it to work. Code for the US version made by Terpsfan101.

RFHT-T6XA
Swim in air. Code for the US version made by Chemist.

ACNA-TA9L
Swim through walls. Code for US version made by Chemist.
They work great, thanks so much for converting these :) Glad they only needed converting. As I doubt it's very interesting for just another version of a game you already covered. You once made some Out of this World codes for me, how easy would it be to convert those to the PAL version (Another World)? If it'd require you to go in-game again, please just leave it. But is there an easy way to convert them?

Tony H
03-10-2019, 11:11 AM
You once made some Out of this World codes for me, how easy would it be to convert those to the PAL version (Another World)? If it'd require you to go in-game again, please just leave it. But is there an easy way to convert them?

I'm going to have to pass on this one. However, it is a relatively easy process, so if you're interested, I can guide you through it. The only real prerequisite is knowing how to use a hex editor. In short, you open up the USA ROM with a hex editor and go to the ROM address of the Game Genie code and write down a string on numbers. Next, you open up the European ROM with your hex editor and search for that same string of numbers in the ROM. Once you find the match, you just input the new ROM address into a Game Genie conversion program and it will give you your new Game Genie code.

GelmiR
03-10-2019, 04:11 PM
No worries Tony :) I don't know how to use a hex editor, but I would be very interested in learning just the couple of steps needed to convert codes from NTSC to PAL. Once I can do that, I might want to look into some other game codes for this as well :) Would you be willing to help me get the right editor for this and if possible guide me through this for 1 code, so I can do it myself afterwards? Any help would be appreciated :)

Tony H
03-12-2019, 10:23 PM
GelmiR, would be more than happy to step you through the process, hopefully tomorrow.