PDA

View Full Version : Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

MegaDriver
02-14-2020, 10:42 AM
Hello again mr. Tony Hedstrom,

I would like to ask your opinion on the following subject:

Some 2 years ago, Barone came up with a hack for Robocop vs Terminator which removed the top black border of the game, increasing the viewable area of the game.

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?30343-Barone-s-Hacking-Corner&p=796533&viewfull=1#post796533

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3727/

And according to him: "... Anyway, it always bothered me that the MD version had a black border and the SNES one didn't. So I was checking animated tiles in games the other day and I realized that the black border was pretty much a window mask over plane A.
The discovery is much cooler than the hack itself, which is like changing three bytes in the ROM."

Would it be possible to achieve the same result of Barone's hack by entering a GameGenie code?

Tony H
02-14-2020, 09:05 PM
He mentions that he changed 3 bytes in the ROM. This can be done with Game Genie codes.

EDIT: Game Genie codes modify ROM addresses. 3 bytes would take either 2 or 3 codes depending on if any of the bytes were sequential or not.

MegaDriver
02-15-2020, 07:56 AM
He mentions that he changed 3 bytes in the ROM. This can be done with Game Genie codes.

EDIT: Game Genie codes modify ROM addresses. 3 bytes would take either 2 or 3 codes depending on if any of the bytes were sequential or not.

Just as I suspected. Thanks! ;)

I will try to find the bytes (or maybe I will have to ask for Barone's help on this). :roll:

MegaDriver
02-15-2020, 10:49 AM
YAY! :D

I made it! :p

Thanks go to Tony for the tutorials and credits of the hack to Barone, of course. ;)

Here are the codes:

Robocop vs Terminator (USA) - No black border on top

KJAT-BLNS
AC5V-RAAZ
AC5V-TACK
ADCV-TAGV

Tony H
02-15-2020, 11:36 AM
Nice work!

Tony H
02-20-2020, 04:52 PM
A couple new Sonic Spinball codes...

Sonic Spinball (Genesis/MD)

AGRA-4AA2
Level 1 boss: Only takes 1 hit to destroy his tail.

PCGT-9N06
Level 1 bonus stage: Only takes 1 hit to free each of the animal friends.

DJ2A-6A60
Level 2 boss: Platforms at top of boss area won't drop (keeps you from falling).

AJVA-6A6R
Level 2 boss: No steam bursts at the top of the boss area. May affect other things in that level as well.

AFKT-6AF6
Level 2 boss: Only have to hit a head once to destroy it (destroy 4 heads to defeat the boss).

AETA-8AH0
Level 3 boss: Only takes 1 hit to break the tubes.

PLFT-9TXJ
Level 3 bonus stage: Only takes 1 hit to destroy each chicken.

ALYT-6A5N
Level 4 boss (Robotnik): Side windows never break (the windows that the socks throw you against).

AGKA-8AEJ
Multi-ball stages: Only have to hit the crab once to win.

C8KA-8AEJ
Multi-ball stages: Only have to hit the crab half as many times to win.

A0XA-8AG4
Multi-ball stages: Start with 5 balls at once instead of 3.

FMBA-5N08
Collecting one emerald opens up the boss room for levels 1 and 2. Make sure this code is turned off before starting levels 3 or 4 if you are using the other code that lets you collect 1 emerald to open the boss room in levels 3 and 4 (in other words, you can't use both codes at the same time). Code may stop working if you collect a second emerald.

FMBA-5Y08
Collecting one emerald opens up the boss room for levels 3 and 4. Make sure this code is turned off before starting levels 1 or 2 if you are using the other code that lets you collect 1 emerald to open the boss room in levels 1 and 2 (in other words, you can't use both codes at the same time). Code may stop working if you collect a second emerald.

Tony H
02-22-2020, 09:38 PM
GelmiR, 4 different types of jump codes for this game. Pretty sure you can use any combination of codes if you'd like. Just be careful not to jump too high above the top of the screen, or you may get stuck (although you can sometimes just walk Left or Right to drop back down).

Also working on a code that lets Fred throw a bowling ball. No enemies around to hit, but still kind of neat to see that it works.

Still haven't figured out how to advance to the second level.

The Flintstones (Ocean)(Prototype) Genesis/MD

These codes are for the prototype where Fred starts on top of the dinosaur. This is not the same game as the regular "Flintstones" game.

RFLA-A6VJ
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump). If you hold down the jump button, you will keep climbing until you release the button, or you can keep tapping the button to do multiple jumps in mid-air.

6BKT-AAFE
Moon jump (can jump as low or as high as you want by releasing the button).

ABLA-B336
Jump higher.

ABLA-B136
Jump much higher.

CBBT-AAGJ
Less gravity (you'll jump higher with slower movement and easier to control). Can be combined with the other jump codes to jump even higher.

1WEA-AA92
Don't fall when you walk off ledges (walk on air). Press jump to drop down.

KnightWarrior
02-22-2020, 11:57 PM
Tony,

Can you help me on this code for Super Mario Bros. 2 (J)

Replace Poison Mushrooms With a Coin

Mezmorize did the original code on Gamehacking, But he didn't make one with a coin

1ups - LEXAXPGA
Power-Up - PEXAXPGA
Star - ZEXAXPGA

GelmiR
02-23-2020, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the Flintstones codes, Tony :) Tested them all, they all work for me as described. I haven't been able to reach that second level either, I'm not sure how people do it. I've seen a screenshot with a password to get there, but the password screen doesn't seem to work. Also don't remember reading about the second level in the Lost Flintstones / Super Star Wars topic.

Tony H
02-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Tony,

Can you help me on this code for Super Mario Bros. 2 (J)

Replace Poison Mushrooms With a Coin

Mezmorize did the original code on Gamehacking, But he didn't make one with a coin

1ups - LEXAXPGA
Power-Up - PEXAXPGA
Star - ZEXAXPGA

I'm not currently working on NES codes, but this is something you can do yourself.

Open up one of those codes in a Game Genie conversion program (several of them on the internet). It will show you the address, the value and the compare value. What you'll want to change is the value. In the 3 codes you listed, they use the values 01, 02, and 03. Start by trying other values until you find the one for coins. Try 00, 05, 06, 07, etc.

=============

GelmiR, I'll see if I can figure out how to get to the second level. Must be a way.

Here's a completely useless code that shows Fred throwing a bowling ball whenever you press A...

BKDT-AAHE

I'm sure I could get it to work on a different button besides the jump button, but not really worth the effort, since there aren't any enemies to hit with it. lol.

Tony H
02-23-2020, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the Flintstones codes, Tony :) Tested them all, they all work for me as described. I haven't been able to reach that second level either, I'm not sure how people do it. I've seen a screenshot with a password to get there, but the password screen doesn't seem to work. Also don't remember reading about the second level in the Lost Flintstones / Super Star Wars topic.

May have found a hint on how to get to the next level. On the link below, scroll down until you get to the part where is says Zones, The Quarry. Says something about some hidden steps.

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/Holiday_2019_(Day_7)_-_Flintstones

GelmiR
02-24-2020, 06:21 AM
May have found a hint on how to get to the next level. On the link below, scroll down until you get to the part where is says Zones, The Quarry. Says something about some hidden steps.

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/Holiday_2019_(Day_7)_-_Flintstones
Thanks Tony, I'll give the level another look. Though Hidden Palace has a YouTube video of the proto themselves, also only of the first level. But then there are screenshots of the second level...
I wouldn't say the bowling ball code is useless, I'm still going to test it. It will still be interesting to see :) But in case Hidden Palace uncovers a more complete version some day, I wouldn't put too much time in this early proto.

When you get bored with Flintstones, I was wondering about a code for Smurfs that I'm really interested in. We've already done that game, so no worries if you're done with Smurfs :P What I'd be interested in, is a multi-jump code like you did for Addams Family, QuackShot, and probably others. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Flintstones bowling ball code works :) Love how it appears out of nowhere, lol... I think I have to try the SNES version and compare. Already saw a video in which you need to find the bird that sounds an alarm (end of work day) to trigger the next level. As this bird doesn't appear to be in the level, I don't know if/how it's possible to get to another level. Also non-placed objects seem might (haven't seen enough SNES) the reason to not being able to make that initial jump.

Tony H
02-25-2020, 11:20 AM
GelmiR, didn't have any luck with the multi-jump code for Smurfs.

On The Flintstones Ocean Prototype, I think I found the RAM address that determines what screen/level you're on. By changing the value of this RAM address, I can control which screen or level shows up, and I also made a Game Genie code that lets you test different values. I can get all of the screens to show up that we've seen so far (level 1, the Credits screen, the Hi-Score screen, etc), but haven't found the value for level 2 yet. Here is the test code if you want to spend a little time with it...

8162:78xx
Replace xx with the value you want to use. Some I've tried: 8162:7802 = Shows Option screen when you select "Start". 8162:7804 = Shows Hi-Score screen. Most other values I've tried just gives me a blank screen.

It seems like level 2 is in this prototype somewhere because of the screen shots, so I may have the wrong address and will spend some more time trying to figure it out.

EDIT: GelmiR, don't bother doing any testing with that code, I'm pretty sure I found the right one. Just need to do some testing and then I'll post the results. Fingers crossed. :-)

Tony H
02-25-2020, 02:03 PM
Got level 2 figured out. Level 2 is kind of unusual. Let me know if you have trouble finishing it, and I will make some codes.

AEDA-AADT
Start on level 2 (reset game once code is enabled). It appears that level 2 is only accessible with cheat codes (I couldn't figure out how to exit level 1).

ATDA-AADT
See several different screen shots and the continue screen (reset game once code is enabled and select "Start").

GelmiR
02-25-2020, 02:07 PM
Thanks anyway for trying with the Smurfs code :)

As for Flintstones, great! I look forward to giving these a try. Cool that you got it to work, wonder how they got the screenshots for the 2nd level. Without it, you may not have known there even was a second level? Anyway, will get back to you after I tried them. Cheers!

GelmiR
02-26-2020, 05:23 AM
Tried the codes, they work as described. Interesting! Tried the second level with lots of scum-saving, mostly because I wanted to know if there was an end trigger in the level. But ultimately I couldn't catch Bamm-Bamm, Pebbles, AND Dino... About those screens, I think I've seen some of them with characters in them. Maybe I'll try the SNES version, but I think I'd still prefer to wait for a more complete Mega Drive version before really getting into this game. Thanks again :)

Tony H
02-26-2020, 10:36 AM
GelmiR, one more code for the Flintstones that will help with the second level. I was curious what was at the end of the level, and like you, tried several times but couldn't finish it. This code allowed me to finish it on the first try.

This code will let you bounce everyone back up, even if your car isn't underneath them, as long as they are above, or in front of your car. The only way they will fall and die is if they fall behind your car, so make sure you keep your car towards the left side of the screen when in doubt. You'll see what I mean once you try it. I can make a second code to keep them from falling all the way when they are behind you too, but doesn't really seem necessary since this code makes it pretty easy to finish the level. If you don't see anyone bouncing back up and the game is still playing, that means you are too far behind and can speed up a little until you see one of the characters.

AK1A-CA3C
On level 2, Bamm-Bamm, Pebbles, or Dino will always bounce back up from anywhere above or in front of your car. Even if your car is way behind them (on the left side of the screen), they will still bounce back up. The only way they will fall and die, is if your car is in front of them.

LinkueiBR
02-26-2020, 12:13 PM
Hey Tony!

I have some GG code ideas for the Genesis Mortal Kombat rev1 ROM:

-Make the Blood code active by default.
-Make the throw movement back to the Low Punch button instead of the High Kick button (WTF)
-Make a code to change the Characters position to 1 tile (8px) higher in the Arenas (except of The Pit).

Thank you!

GelmiR
02-26-2020, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info and the code, Tony :) Code works as described and I was able to get to the end, at least I think I do. I really hope a (more) complete proto will be uncovered some day.

Tony H
02-26-2020, 05:44 PM
GelmiR, as you said, that was probably the end of the level, but hard to tell.

LinkueiBR, may take a look at those later.

Tony H
03-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Genesis/MD)

DD5A-AA42
Always have the pistol (A button), even at the very beginning of the game.

AM5A-BA60 +
AM5A-AA62 +
DAGA-CA68
Always have the M-16 machine gun (B button) with infinite ammo, even at the very beginning of the game.

AH5A-BA60 +
AM5A-AA62 +
DAGA-CA68
Always have the Rotary Cannon (B button) with infinite ammo, even at the very beginning of the game.

GelmiR
03-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Yay, looking forward to testing those T2 codes :) I'll do it tomorrow and will get back to you. I can already tell you that they are useful in combination with "start at a certain level" codes, as they'd always start you with no weapons. Only weapon left is the shotgun, I think you covered all the others. Will get back to you!

GelmiR
03-04-2020, 10:21 AM
Tested the T2 codes. First up was the "always start with pistol", wanted to test how level 1 would react to that. But the game doesn't freak when picking up the pistol where you are supposed to, nor does it register that you already have it - objective to find weapons remains.

As for the other codes, I can see why they don't work with the single unlimited ammo code I already had :) But these work great! Also you can switch between all the weapons during gameplay by activating/deactivating codes. Thanks Tony!

Tony H
03-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Glad to hear they work. Thanks for testing and confirming.

An interesting bit of info... there are two different values that the game uses for the M-16, which seems to imply that there are two different versions of the M-16. I compared them and visually they appear identical, so maybe there's a difference in power? Do you know anything about there being two different M-16s? Edit: I used ID number 2 for the M-16 code above, while ID number 3 is the other M-16.

Also, I made a code that lets the Shotgun do rapid fire like the machine gun, but was going to require some extra codes to fix a problem with it, so I didn't pursue it further. Will see if I can get just a regular "Always have Shotgun" code.

GelmiR
03-04-2020, 03:20 PM
You're welcome!

As for the M16, I don't think there's a difference in power with the M-16. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's a different value because it's also found in another level?

From the top of my head, these are the levels, with weapon locations I know of.

Level 1 - The Corral (pistol and shotgun)
Level 2 - John's House
Level 3 - The Mall (M16)
Level 4 - Pescadero Hospital
Level 5 - Enrique's Compound (M16 and 2x mini-gun)
Level 6 - Dyson's House
Level 7 - Cyberdyne
Level 8 - Steel Mill

So there's 2 mini-guns as well, they are in the same level - in fact even in the very same location. Probably in case a player would miss picking it up (you only have a limited time to do so). But the M16 exists in 2 levels, not sure if there are more but I don't think so. Could that have to do with it?

Shotgun with rapid fire? That was cool in T1 :D

Tony H
03-04-2020, 04:30 PM
Got the Shotgun figured out so that it does automatic burst fire. Pretty fun.

AX5A-BA60 +
AM5A-AA62 +
DAGA-CA68
Allows you to always have a special modified version of the Shotgun (B button) with infinite ammo, even at the very beginning of the game. The Shotgun is modified so that if you hold down the B button, the Shotgun will automatically shoot bursts of 4 rounds instead of a single shot.

=============

Here is the other code for the second M-16 if you felt like experimenting. I may dig deeper into it and see if I can find out why they have separate programing for the two. The Mini-gun only has a single number used in the programing. Here are the ID numbers used in the programing: 01 = Mini-gun, 02 = M-16, 03 = M-16, 04 = Shotgun.

AS5A-BA60 +
AM5A-AA62 +
DAGA-CA68

The first code (AS5A-BA60) is the only one that's different from the first M-16 code above.

EDIT: Here's the code from the first M-16...

AM5A-BA60 +
AM5A-AA62 +
DAGA-CA68
Always have the M-16 machine gun (B button) with infinite ammo, even at the very beginning of the game.

EDIT2: After some testing, this is what I found out.

Looks like the Pistol, both M-16s, and the Mini-gun all do 1 point of damage. I'm assuming that the difference is that the M-16's and Mini-gun have a much higher rate of fire, which causes much more damage. I can't find any difference in the two M-16s.

Made another new code while I was digging around:

AJ6A-CA20
1 shot kills enemies.

Don't know if there are any bosses in this game so don't know if it works on them, but tested it on an enemy in level 6 and seemed to work fine.

GelmiR
03-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Cool, more stuff to try out :) I'll try and do it this evening. Did you see my reply at the bottom of page 135? Other than the M16 being in 2 levels, maybe another explanation is its amount of ammo on pickup? I'd have to compare the one in the Mall and at Enrique's, at this moment I don't know if the have the same amount of ammo on pickup or not.
Thanks for all the info, sounds interesting :) I'll get back to you after testing. As for bosses, the T-1000 pops up a lot in the game. I'll be sure to test it on him.

GelmiR
03-06-2020, 05:57 AM
Tested all the codes, the ones for all the weapons are awesome! I can't figure out the difference between the 2 versions of the M16, either. Both the one in the mall and at Enrique's compound have 300 rounds on pick up. The rapid shotgun is great, too.

I did at one time in level 1 have a problem with the pistol, where I couldn't fire it. Also the game didn't register me picking on up, either - as I saw enemies dropping more of them (and another shotgun too, now that I think about it). But I have not been able to replicate it.
What's funny is that when shooting around when on vertical stairs, the pistol is always used and fires rapidly. I'm not really sure how this works without codes, as I hardly ever use it.

The game froze on me once, at the beginning of the 3rd level (the mall). I insta-reset and saved just before I got back there. But in this case, I have also not yet been able to replicate it.
What is interesting about this to me though, is that the game has never frozen on me before. I do know it is very finicky on real hardware when using Game Genie codes. In fact, most of the times after a few minutes of playing, it would send me to the Debugging Monitor seen here (https://tcrf.net/Terminator_2:_Judgment_Day_(Genesis)). Though for me, the screen was always fully black with the text appearing in red.

As for the 1 shot kill code, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It also appeared to work on robots at Cyberdyne, but not on the T-1000. I'll try some more :)

In any case, I will probably do some more testing this weekend. Thanks for all the new codes! :D

Tony H
03-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can figure out if the codes are causing the problems you mentioned. Also, I'll change the code description for the 1 shot kills enemies code. Let me know if you get any more specific info on that.

EDIT: GelmiR, I've got a question about Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Can you have more than one of the better weapons (Shotgun, M-16, or Mini-gun) at once? If so, how do you switch between them?

GelmiR
03-07-2020, 05:50 AM
I think the Pistol (A button) does less damage than the shotgun, M-16 and minigun. The fire rate on the pistol and shotgun are both pretty slow, but you can 1 shot kill a lot of enemies with it, but the pistol takes several shots to do the job.

I did another playthrough without using the weapon codes, but I still had a second pistol show up, so that bit didn't have to do with the new codes. Can't figure out why at one point it didn't fire, though. But it's no big deal - mostly curiosity.

As for your question on having more than one of the better weapons - I wasn't sure. I assumed that from the minigun you'd revert back to the M-16 and then to the shotgun. But no, the weapon that you use with the B button is always replaced with the one you last pick up. So if you pick up an M-16 while you had a minigun, tough break. Though at least there appear to be two of them at Enrique's compound. But with your codes, you can switch around the weapons with activating/deactivating codes :) But in normal gameplay, one B button weapon at a time.

And finally, I figured out why the 1 shot kills code would sometimes work for me, and sometimes it wouldn't. It only works on enemies on the right side of the player, not the left side :) So to fully cover it, I guess another code would be needed? I'll try and finish this playthrough, but I think it works on all enemies except the T-1000.

Edit: Swat also drops M16 frequenty.

Tony H
03-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Wow, I'm glad you figured out the explanation for the 1 hit kill code. I've never run into that in any other games. I'll make a code that works on the left side.

I was hoping there was a way to have more than one secondary weapon so I could possibly make a code to have all weapons. Thanks for checking.

Is there any need to make a 1 hit kill code for the T-1000? If so, what's the easiest way to get to him?

GelmiR
03-08-2020, 05:21 AM
Me too :) I wasn't really looking for the explanation, I just noticed it near the end of level 1 by accident. It did make me think of the Pirates of Dark Water codes to clip through doors, that needed codes for left and right as well. But yeah, "I've never run into that in any other games" seems pretty common for this game :)

Don't worry about having more secondary weapons, changing is already possible thanks to activating/deactivating the weapon codes you made.

As for the T-1000, no, not really. After you take him down, he pops up again seconds later anyway. But the easiest way to get to him is in level 2.
In level 1, grab the future objects (1 outside, 1 inside), pistol and shotgun, and press up at the 2nd phone booth to get John's address.
After the drive to level 2 (John's house), don't shoot the alarm. Enter the house, you should hear the alarm. You can shoot it now if the sounds annoys you. The T-1000 and the police should arrive soon. As well as bikers outside the house :P

Tony H
03-08-2020, 06:01 PM
My PC died last night, so will be a bit of a delay before I can get to the other half of the 1 hit kill code. Thanks again for all the help.

GelmiR
03-09-2020, 06:23 AM
You're welcome, and don't worry about it. Sorry to hear about your computer!

Tony H
03-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Got a new computer, so should be back in business in a couple days.

GelmiR
03-10-2020, 02:41 AM
Good to hear! :)

Tony H
03-11-2020, 05:38 PM

AJ6A-CA40
1 shot kills enemies (left side only). Does not work on the T-1000.

GelmiR
03-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Tested on the first 3 levels, works as described :) I don't have any reason to believe it will stop working in the rest of the levels. Thanks for completing this code!

Fun fact for your set of 4 codes for invincibility, or rather something I'd never thought of trying before. I usually leave John and Sarah somewhere where they can't get hurt, until I need them. They get hurt easily, and I figured invincibility for them would take another 4 codes, the way this game is programmed.

In normal gameplay when one of them goes down, they start blinking for a limited amount of time. During this time, you can kneel at their side, and in doing so, replenish some of their health by giving some of yours. Your codes do wonders for healing John and Sarah back to full health as well. It doesn't drain the player health at all and eliminates any need for seperate codes for John and Sarah :)

Tony H
03-13-2020, 12:37 AM
GelmiR, that's good to know about the inv codes. I remember recently reading that you can give some of your health to other players.

I just bought a new gaming PC and before I even played a single PC game, I installed all of my code making stuff and started making codes. Easy to tell where my priorities are. :-)

GelmiR
03-13-2020, 05:10 AM
I just bought a new gaming PC and before I even played a single PC game, I installed all of my code making stuff and started making codes. Easy to tell where my priorities are. :-)
It should be at trying some new games :D

Tony H
03-19-2020, 06:18 PM
Ecco: The Tides of Time (Genesis)

ACKA-TA4G
Can swim thru most barriers (rocks, etc) that block your exit to the next section or level.

L30T-YA8E
Can swim thru the Glyphs (the diamond shaped things) that are blocking your exit in the sky water tubes. Has only been tested on the Two Tides level.

RGTA-W618
3 in 1 code: Invincibility, swim thru most walls/rocks, and swim thru most barriers that block your exit to the next section or level. Invincibility works on Sharks, Jellyfish, Crabs, etc.

Tony H
03-23-2020, 05:36 PM
A few codes specifically for that bitch of a boss, the Vortex Queen in Ecco. lol.

RE2T-66YJ
Hit the Vortex Queen from anywhere while she can take damage (she can only take damage while she is retreating into her hole).

RESA-66T0
1 hit kills the Vortex Queen.

RERT-6612
1 hit destroys the Vortex Queen's tentacle (she's much easier to defeat without her tentacle).

FYMT-6AFA
If the Vortex Queen swallows you, you will end up back at the Vortex Queen, instead of in the Alien World (The Machine).

RERT-66WE +
JJRA-6A4G
The Vortex Queen can't swallow you.

AAPA-6A6C
Disables laser beam in the Vortex Queen level.

Tony H
03-26-2020, 11:57 AM

AALT-6A9T
The Vortex Queen's tentacle tends to stay inside her mouth (makes her easier to defeat).

Tony H
04-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Earthworm Jim (Genesis/MD)

GWJC-JA2W
Hit enemies from anywhere with your whip (crows, dogs, etc).

GLJC-JA42
Hit/grab items from anywhere with your whip. Items that you can normally grab onto with your whip (hooks, etc) can be grabbed from anywhere, which makes it much easier to get to hard to reach places. Also allows you to hit the refrigerator (and other similar items) from anywhere.

ALGW-JA6E
Collect items/power-ups from anywhere above you. This code will cause falling items to constantly hit you when you walk under them, so you'll need to turn the code off, or use an invincibility code in those cases.

Tony H
04-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Ranger-X (Genesis/MD)

DKJT-AA3Y
Walk thru or teleport over walls. Some walls you will just walk thru, others will teleport you upwards to the next walkway or platform. If you teleport upwards near the top of some levels, you may get stuck.

LinkueiBR
04-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Hey Tony can you make a code for SEGA Genesis Terminator to make the player slower when climbing a ladder?

Thank you!

Tony H
04-05-2020, 08:19 PM
Earthworm Jim 2 (Genesis)

DJNC-LGAJ
Jump in mid-air (Multi-jump).

GVGC-LA48 +
GKGC-LA7E
Hit enemies from anywhere with your whip.

GKFC-LA8C
Hit enemies from anywhere with your weapon.

AC3W-LA6Y
Hitting enemies with the machine gun will kill them on the first try, instead of doing two ricochets first.

===========

LinkueiBR, will take a look at that when I get some time.

Tony H
04-12-2020, 11:05 AM
Cliffhanger (Genesis)

ABNA-CA5J +
RZMT-C6V0
Can walk up and over most obstacles, and can walk over water. When you come to an obstacle (cliff, etc), just press Up to walk upwards and then walk right past the obstacle. With water, you can either walk across the water, or walk up and over. On climbing levels, you will "walk" up instead of climbing, and the enemies won't attack you.

RFGA-A6Z0
Always have the knife.

RFDT-A604
Always have the machine gun with infinite ammo.

??CT-AAAA
Start on level ?. Replace the ?? with: Level 2-1 = AN, 3-1 = AT, 4-1 = A6, 5-1 = BN, 6-1 = BT, 7-1 = B2.

Tony H
04-14-2020, 08:42 PM
Mazin Saga: Mutant Fighter (Genesis)

RF2A-C6VT +
AB2A-CC34 +
W32A-CJB6
Jump in mid-air (Multi-Jump).

CK1T-CA9T
Invincibility (doesn't work against super bosses).

CJMA-CA62
Collect items from anywhere.

CBRT-AA42
Walk thru upper walls part way. You can walk thru the upper wall/boundary just far enough to get away from most enemies (you can still hit them, but they won't attack you).

DAMA-DA7Y
Get an extra life every time you collect gold.

BAMA-DA7Y
Get 15 seconds of invincibility every time you collect gold.

AAMA-DA7Y
Get your health completely refilled every time you collect gold.

GelmiR
04-17-2020, 01:57 PM
Hey Tony,

I was playing around with the "no pteranodons" code (AJKT-GA94) for Jurassic Park Rampage edition the other day. Turns out I hadn't tested it properly - it messes up the Cargo Ship and Savannah levels, which are the other levels that can be picked from the start.

Code seems to work fine for River Run (level 5), and I don't think there are any in the Ancient Ruins (level 4). So, even though it doesn't work out so well for the other levels, it still works great for what it was made for - exploring the Aviary without getting constantly hassled :) I don't recommend using it for other levels. This is mostly just in case you want to alter the code description.

Tony H
04-18-2020, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up. So which levels is it ok to use with? Just Aviary, or Aviary, River Run and Ancient Ruins? Or?

GelmiR
04-18-2020, 03:23 AM
You're welcome!

First 3 levels:
- Aviary (works)
- Cargo ship (level glitches out)
- Savannah (level glitches out)
Level 4 - Ancient Ruins (no pteranodons in this level)
Level 5a - River Run (works)
Level 5b - Burning River (no pteranodons in this level)

In short, best used only in Aviary and River Run.

Tony H
04-18-2020, 09:19 PM
Thanks GelmiR, will update the code description asap.

EDIT: Done

GelmiR
04-19-2020, 03:25 AM
You're welcome! :)

Tony H
04-25-2020, 11:02 AM
Super Battleship (Genesis/MD)

These codes are for the "Super Battleship" section.

RE3A-N606
Hit enemy ships from anywhere with the main guns (when you're in the battle mode). If you shoot at the enemy ship, you will always hit it, no matter where you're aiming.

RE8A-N6YG
Hit enemy ships from anywhere with torpedoes. If you shoot a torpedo, you will always hit the enemy's ship, no matter where you're aiming.

RHDA-N6TE
All levels are unlocked (you won't be able to see them until you scroll down). This code allows you to go past the second page of levels if you'd like. There may be hidden or glitched levels there.

RHTT-L60G
Attack from any distance (there is no "Out of Range" limit).

AMYT-LA48
Gives infinite missiles to all ships, even if they don't normally have any, and gives infinite ammo for most weapons (even if you don't have any). May also give all weapons to all ships.

GelmiR
04-26-2020, 04:06 AM
Tony, it occurred to me that I hadn't tested the pteranodonds code for JP Rampage Edition while playing as the raptor, so I did.
Same effects, so it works out exactly the same for Grant and the Raptor.

Tony H
04-26-2020, 10:20 AM
Many thanks GelmiR. I've updated the code description on my site and on GH dot org.

How are things going over there with the virus? I assume you're on some kind of lock down?

GelmiR
04-26-2020, 01:21 PM
You're welcome :) Yeah, I mostly work from home. Other than that, only places I go are to my parents and the super market.
Pretty boring, but at least everyone's healthy. How are things where you are?

Tony H
04-26-2020, 02:27 PM
At home most of the time too. Already finished most of the projects around here, so not much left to do. Just streaming, gaming, making codes, and walking in the neighborhood. Oh, and gaining weight. lol

Tony H
04-26-2020, 10:28 PM
Kid Chameleon (Genesis)

DTSA-AA3N +
DTRT-AA98
Hit enemies from anywhere (works with swords, tanks, axes, etc).

REPT-A61G
Collect all items and helmets from anywhere above you.

ALKA-AA68 +
AJST-AA96
Walk thru walls. May need to turn code off if you need to climb a wall.

GelmiR
04-27-2020, 03:27 AM
At home most of the time too. Already finished most of the projects around here, so not much left to do. Just streaming, gaming, making codes, and walking in the neighborhood. Oh, and gaining weight. lol
Same for me, I take a long walk every morning - but I'm also a candy/chocolate junkie, so at least there's balance :P

Tony H
04-28-2020, 06:54 PM
NHLPA Hockey '93 (Genesis) REV01

PRXT-BL0G
Only takes half as many punches to win a fight. Code can be modified for even fewer punches.

ARWT-BA7Y
Only takes 3 punches once you're against the wall to finish the fight. Code can be easily modified to adjust the number of punches required to win the fight.

Tony H
05-01-2020, 06:13 PM
Blaster Master 2 (Genesis/MD)

A55A-GA60
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump) while you're in your vehicle.

BD5T-GA60
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump) while on foot. If you jump too high, you will die when you hit the ground, so use this code to prevent that: C5TT-GA42.

Tony H
05-04-2020, 07:01 PM
Adventures of Batman and Robin (Genesis)

A4GA-AA68
Hit enemies and Bosses from anywhere, even if they are behind you. Will not work if they are above or below you. This code works with Bosses.

CLGA-AA68
Hit enemies from anywhere. You will automatically use punches/kicks when there are enemies anywhere on the screen, and weapons when there are no enemies on screen. Turn code off when fighting bosses.

A4GA-AA7L
Hit enemies from anywhere (except when they are behind you). Allows you to use weapons or punches/kicks. Turn off when fighting bosses.

GelmiR
05-05-2020, 05:50 AM
Any idea if those Batman & Robin codes work for the PAL version? I don't need the codes, but I'd be happy to test them for you if they would.

Tony H
05-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Any idea if those Batman & Robin codes work for the PAL version? I don't need the codes, but I'd be happy to test them for you if they would.

I did a quick check, and it looks like the addresses are close but not the same, so probably won't work on the PAL version. Thanks for the offer though.

That game is pretty difficult. There are a constant wave of enemies even on the first level. And the first boss is very difficult too. Not gonna lie, I used an invincibility code almost the entire time I was making codes to keep from dying every 20 seconds. lol.

GelmiR
05-05-2020, 03:27 PM
LOL I don't blame you :) I remember the first time playing as a kid - brutal. Still is, in my opinion. I STILL play with Game Genie codes :)

Tony H
05-07-2020, 05:35 PM
Monster World IV (J) / Wonderboy 6 (Genesis/MD)

RETA-A6VE
Hit enemies from anywhere, as long as they are not above or below you.

FTTA-AA3E
Hit enemies from anywhere, no matter where they are on the screen.

Tony H
05-17-2020, 11:19 PM
Land Stalker (Genesis/MD)

HJ9T-BEG2
Jump higher.

BA9T-BE82 +
RE9T-A604
Jump much higher.

DKRT-CA4Y +
DKSA-CA20 +
DKSA-CA82 +
DKST-CA64
Hit enemies from anywhere.

AK2A-AA7T
Open chests as many times as you want (normal item on 1st try and usually $20943 gold after that).

AK2A-AA7T +
AXZT-WA7G
Open chests as many times as you want (will always get the normal item).

H32A-BA76
Always get Life Stock in chests (can turn code on and off). Code can be easily modified to get any item, weapon, etc in the game, although I have only mapped out a few items. 7000 = EkeEke, 7001 = Magic Sword, 7002 = Sword of Ice, 7003 = Thunder Sword, 7004 = Sword of Gaia.

Tony H
05-19-2020, 11:31 AM
Risky Woods (Genesis/MD)

BLDT-2A2Y
Jump in mid-air (multi-jump).

AWDT-2A3N
Moon jump (you'll keep going up for as long as you hold the jump button).

moonmaster1
05-31-2020, 09:10 AM
(EDIT: Thank you for moving this into the Game Genie section mods! :D )

I have been learning how to hack 68k asm this past week after toying around with 65816 asm (SNES) for about two years now. Figured I'd try Eternal Champions and see what I can find. Below are a list of codes in both RAW and Game Genie format.

Inner Strength is never restored -
05AB60:6004 - (AWZT-LA5A)

Inner Strength is restored almost instantly -
05AB60:4E70 - (RCZT-L6XA)

Taunting Does not lower opponent's Inner Strength
04A122:0000 (ACTT-JABC)

Trident's teleport uses no Inner Strength
051D74:0000 (AART-LADY)

Trident's Spinning Trident uses no Inner Strength
051C52:0000 (AARA-LACW)

Trident's Fireball uses no Inner Strength
051D06:0000 (AART-LAAG)

Trident's Red Shield uses no Inner Strength
019F36:0000 (ACST-CAB0)

Trident's Green Shield uses no Inner Strength
019F5E:0000 (ACST-CAC8)

Trident's Blue Shield uses no Inner Strength
019F0E:0000 (ACST-CAAR)

Trident's Yellow Shield uses no Inner Strength
019F86:0000 (ACST-CAEG)

Trident's Sliding Spinning Trident uses no Inner Strength
051B2E:0000 (AAPT-LABR)

Blade's Freeze Shot Uses no Inner Strength
04ACF6:0000 (AC0A-JAH0)

Blade's Projectile Disable Uses no Inner Strength
04A9D4:0000 (ACYT-JAGY)

Blade's Tracking Blade Uses no Inner Strength (Homing and Non Homing Shots)
04ABE8:0000 (ACZT-JAHJ)

Blade's Projectile Containment Field Uses no Inner Strength
04AB4E:0000 (ACZT-JACR)

Blade's Wild Fury Attack Uses no Inner Strength
04AACA:0000 (ACZA-JAGL)

Blade's Personal Shield Uses no Inner Strength
04ACAE:0000 (AC0A-JAFR)

Blade's Power Drain Uses no Inner Strength
04AA3E:0000 (ACZA-JAB8)

Rax's Lock & Load Uses no Inner Strength
053EEE:0000 (AA9A-LAHR)

Rax's Cyber Punch & Kick Uses no Inner Strength
053EA6:0000 (AA9A-LAFG)

Rax's Jet Knee Smash Uses no Inner Strength
0540A0:0000 (ABAA-LAFA)

Rax's Overload Uses no Inner Strength
054180:0000 (ABAT-LAEA)

Rax's Turbine Uses no Inner Strength
0543F4:0000 (ABBT-LAHY)

Rax's Air Jets Uses no Inner Strength
053F96:0000 (AA9T-LAE0)

Larcen's Air Sweep Uses no Inner Strength
058028:0000 (ACAA-LABJ)

Larcen's Long distance Sweep Uses no Inner Strength
0582D8:0000 (ACBA-LAG2)

Larcen's Power Sweep Uses no Inner Strength
05810E:0000 (ACAT-LAAR)

Larcen's Sai Throw Uses no Inner Strength
05808C:0000 (ACAA-LAEN)

Larcen's Swinging Hammer Fist Uses no Inner Strength
058418:0000 (ACCA-LAA2)

Larcen's Ceiling Crawl Fist Uses no Inner Strength
058456:0000 (ACCA-LAC0)

Larcen's Projectile Reflect Uses no Inner Strength
05827A:0000 (ACBA-LAD4)

Midknight's Bedazzle Uses no Inner Strength
04F040:0000 (AD2A-JACA)

Midknight's Dispel Uses no Inner Strength
04F1E0:0000 (AD2T-JAHA)

Midknight's Flying Wall Smash Uses no Inner Strength
04F6CA:0000 (AD5A-JAGL)

Midknight's Mist Attack Uses no Inner Strength
04F49E:0000 (AD4A-JAE8)

Midknight's Life Drain Uses no Inner Strength
04EDD6:0000 (AD0T-JAG0)

Midknight's Stomach Punch Uses no Inner Strength
04F872:0000 (AD6A-JADW)

Midknight's Ceiling Ram Uses no Inner Strength
04EF28:0000 (AD1T-JABJ)

Slash's Massive Club Swing Uses no Inner Strength
05629A:0000 (ABVA-LAE4)

Slash's Double Footed Swing Kick Uses no Inner Strength
0561B4:0000 (ABTT-LAFY)

Slash's De-Claw Uses no Inner Strength
056268:0000 (ABVA-LADJ)

Slash's Power Thud Club Swing Uses no Inner Strength
05634E:0000 (ABVT-LACR)

Slash's Spinal Crush Uses no Inner Strength
05650E:0000 (ABWT-LAAR)

Slash's Running Headbutt Uses no Inner Strength
05640A:0000 (ABWA-LAAL)

Slash's Projectile Reflect Uses no Inner Strength
056234:0000 (ABVA-LABY)

Shadow's Shadow Mode Uses No Inner Strength
05901E:0000 (ACJA-LAA8)

Shadow's Twirling Fan Attack Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
05A87E:0000 (ACYA-LAD8)

Shadow's Smoke Screen Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
05A432:0000 (ACWA-LABW)

Shadow's High Jump Angle Kick Uses No Inner Strength
05A75C:0000 (ACXT-LAC6)

Shadow's Shuriken, Knife and Smoke Bomb Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
05A202:0000 (ACVA-LAAC)

Shadow's Flying Mine Uzume-Bi Uses No Inner Strength
05A3B4:0000 (ACVT-LAFY)

Shadow's Flying Step Tobi Ashi Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
05A132:0000 (ACTT-LABW)

Jetta's Flying Choke Hold Uses No Inner Strength
04890C:0000 (ACET-JAAN)

Jetta's Phase Uses No Inner Strength
04881C:0000 (ACEA-JAA6)

Jetta's Resonate Uses No Inner Strength
04824A:0000 (ACBA-JACL)

Jetta's Ricochet Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
0486B4:0000 (ACDA-JAFY)

Jetta's Bladerang Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
048A10:0000 (ACFA-JAAT)

Jetta's Ceiling Grab Uses No Inner Strength
0483E4:0000 (ACBT-JAHE)

Jetta's Moving Cork Screw Uses No Inner Strength (All Variants)
0481EA:0000 (ACAT-JAHL)

Xaiver's Dragon Trap Uses No Inner Strength
04D208:0000 (ADKA-JAAJ)

Xaiver's Snap Back Uses No Inner Strength
04D15A:0000 (ADJT-JAC4)

Xaiver's Midas Touch Uses No Inner Strength
04D0BC:0000 (ADJA-JAF6)

Xaiver's Attract & Smack Uses No Inner Strength
04CC7A:0000 (ADGA-JAD4)

Xaiver's Confusion Spell Uses No Inner Strength
04D108:0000 (ADJT-JAAJ)

Xaiver's Swap Spell Uses No Inner Strength
04CE74:0000 (ADHA-JADY)

Xaiver's Identity Change Spell Uses No Inner Strength
04CD74:0000 (ADGT-JADY)

Blade's far away LP does less damage -
061ABC:0402 (AJPA-NJF6)

Eternal Champion Restores All health between Forms -
04506C:0068 (PBJA-JADN)

Trident's Spinning Trident Does Less damage - (HUGE Thanks to Tony H for this code!)
01A4A2:0128 (FCWA-CCFC)

Blade's Tracking Blade Deals Massive Damage -
01D12E:0030 (GDJT-CABR)

Blade's Tracking Blade Deals No Damage -
01D12E:0000 (ADJT-CABR)

Trident's Fireball deals very little damage -
01A64E:0202 (ALXA-CECR)

Trident's Fireball deals Massive damage -
01A64E:3002 (ALXA-DALR)

Trident's Fireball deals No damage -
01A64E:0002 (ALXA-CACR)

Rax's overload deals very little damage -
019B72:0203 (ARPT-CEDW)

Rax's overload deals No damage -
019B72:0003 (ARPT-CADW)

Rax's overload deals massive damage -
019B72:3003 (ARPT-DAMW)

Midknight's Stomach Punch deals massive damage -
04F9B2:0030 (GD6T-JAFW)

Midknight's Stomach Punch deals No damage -
04F9B2:0000 (AD6T-JAFW)

Midknight's Stomach Punch deals Little damage -
04F9B2:0002 (AM6T-JAFW)

Combos:
Up close HK doesn't push back as far -
062348:0001 (AEVT-NACJ)

Up close LP doesn't push back as far -
018652:0001 (AGDA-CACW)

Up close HP doesn't push back as far -
018674:0606 (A4DA-CNDY)

LP doesn't push back as far -
018664:0406 (A4DA-CJDE)

MP doesn't push back as far -
018654:0206 (A4DA-CECY)

LK doesn't push back as far -
018684:0406 (A4DA-CJEE)

MK doesn't push back as far -
0189A4:0406 (A4ET-CJFE)

HK doesn't push back as far -
0186A4:0406 (A4DA-CJFE)

Crouching MK doesn't push back as far -
018694:0406 (A4DA-CJEY)

Crouching HP doesn't push back as far -
018674:0406 (A4DA-CJDY)

Crouching MP doesn't push back as far (SLASH)-
0188A4:0406 (A4EA-CJFE)

Crouching MK doesn't push back as far (Larcen) -
018924:0308 (BCET-CGBE)

Now for a few quick insights:
1.There are twelve codes I have found so far regarding pushback after successfully landing an attack. They are shared across all characters with the last two being exceptions. Reducing pushback will allow for better combo potential.

2.Inner strength codes utilize a simple subtract command and are custom tailored for each move, taunts included. I never cared for the system so I wanted to be able to retool it as a whole.

3.Similar to the Inner Strength codes, The Eternal champion gives back 22 health between each form through a simple addition command, which is a little less than a 1/3 health. By setting the value to 68, full health is restored between each form.

4.I ended up looking for damage values or specific moves for two reasons, Spinning Trident and Blade's LP. Spinning Trident for obvious reasons and Blade's LP because it hits like a mack truck for some reason. Tony H was kind enough to help me understand how to search for these values and I can't thank him enough for his help. :)

Tony H
06-02-2020, 09:28 PM
I know these aren't my usual Game Genie codes, but thought I'd post them here anyways...

Castlevania (Ver 1.0) N64 Game Shark codes

Note: All of these are assembly codes.

D2387D7E 0080
81024220 E508
D0387D7E 0080
81024220 3000
Moon Jump. (Asm)

D3387D7E 8020
81024220 E508
D1387D7E 8020
81024220 3000
Moon Jump (Press L + Jump). (Asm)

Tony H
06-02-2020, 11:49 PM
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64 Game Shark codes)

Many thanks to nolberto82 for helping me with the activator codes!

D21C87F6 0080
81024A38 E46A
D01C87F6 0080
81024A38 3000
Moon Jump (works on all characters and all levels)(ASM).

D31C87F6 8020
81024A38 E46A
D11C87F6 8020
81024A38 3000
Moon Jump (press L + Jump) (works on all characters and all levels)(ASM).

GelmiR
06-14-2020, 03:29 AM
Hey Tony,

I have something you might be interested in, though no worries if you've had enough of Jurassic Park ;)

I never thought about asking about this before, but for as long as I've played Jurassic Park, I've been aware of a background-swap issue for the Pump Station level. I'm not sure if that's the correct way to name this problem, but you'll get what I mean.

In the Pump Station, which is the 4th level, there are 2 locations which seem to get part of their background switched. At least, that's what I think is going on. Check the attachment image to see them both displayed correctly and incorrectly.

I have checked 5 different YouTube playthrough videos - they all have the background issues. You can check the one below (at 16:02 and 18:00) to see what I mean in action:
[Full GamePlay] Jurassic Park (Hard Mode as Grant) [Sega Megadrive/Genesis]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q10R8VzVqw (Video by: Jack Nolddor)

When backgrounds will NOT display correctly:
- Play the game as you normally would and reach the Pump Station.
- Use a password to start at the River (the level just before the Pump Station).

Things I have tried that didn't work:
- Reset the game the moment the Sega logo comes on, and start/play the game from there.

When backgrounds WILL display correctly:
- Once having reached the Pump Station, lose all lives. Go to password screen and simply press start to continue. Yes, the password feature is effectively a continue mode. It will at all times display a password for the level you last played.
- Use a password to start at the Pump Station. I tried 6C1K6AMD and JPG02ARK, but any Pump Station password seems to do the trick.

Your map mode Game Genie codes did wonders to get me the images I needed for the attachment, so thanks again for those :)
I also tried a Japanese rom of the game - same issues. I haven't tried the US version yet, but as most YouTube plathroughs are Genesis, I doubt it will be any different.

What I'm asking and interested in:
I was wondering if you'd be interested in looking into this to see if it can be fixed with one or more Game Genie codes. But I'm also very interested in learning more about this issue in general, why it happens and why it can be 'fixed' at all.
I'm specifically interested in a fix for the PAL version, but I would happily test the other versions as well, should you be interested in trying to fix this. In any case, I noticed that the infinite health Game Genie code AVDA-AA24 also works for the Japanese version. So if you would come up with one or more codes, they might possibly work for all versions.

Even if your not interested, thanks in advance for reading this wall of text :D

Edit #1: Just noticed something. Seems like (at first) the entire background for the level is positioned wrong, if that's even possible.

Edit #2: I just tried the US version and learned of something new. When arriving at the rex, the background will me messed up as usual. Here's the thing, though; When proceeding from the rex to that raptor area by normal gameplay, that area will have its background messed up as well, as usual. But when using the Game Genie map mode codes to speedily zip from one area to the other, the raptor area is displayed correctly.

Tony H
06-14-2020, 06:11 PM
Hi GelmiR, good to hear from you. I watched the video and saw what you were talking about. I've never worked much with backgrounds like that, so probably wouldn't want to try fixing it. Have you seen anyone else that has mentioned the background issue?

GelmiR
06-15-2020, 04:15 AM
Hi GelmiR, good to hear from you.
You too! Thanks for getting back to me.

I watched the video and saw what you were talking about. I've never worked much with backgrounds like that, so probably wouldn't want to try fixing it.
Don't worry about it :) I think I'm actually more interested in learning why it happens.

Have you seen anyone else that has mentioned the background issue?
No, I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention it. I think I'll slightly edit my original post and create a new topic for it. It seems like a very minor thing, but I love these games and am interested in possibly learning more about this issue :)

Chev Chelios
06-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Good evening Tony.

First of all I would like to thank you for the work you do for the community.

My question.
On the Playstation when we play MK Trilogy we can restrict Shang Tsung's morphs so that we have no problems with loading.

I would like to know if it is possible for you to do something similar to the MK on the Sega CD so you don't have any crashes.

Thx again.

Tony H
06-28-2020, 12:12 PM
Good evening Tony.

First of all I would like to thank you for the work you do for the community.

My question.
On the Playstation when we play MK Trilogy we can restrict Shang Tsung's morphs so that we have no problems with loading.

I would like to know if it is possible for you to do something similar to the MK on the Sega CD so you don't have any crashes.

Thx again.

I'm not familiar with the Shang morphing problem. It causes the game to crash on Sega CD? Does this also happen on real hardware, or just on emulation? How exactly is the problem solved on the PS?

Chev Chelios
06-28-2020, 04:01 PM
I'm not familiar with the Shang morphing problem. It causes the game to crash on Sega CD? Does this also happen on real hardware, or just on emulation? How exactly is the problem solved on the PS?

The game does not fail, but there is a long delay when it will morp.
The solution in MK Trilogy was great.
I copied it from Wikipedia.

Shang Tsung never appears anywhere within the "Choose Your Destiny" towers, probably because of the loading delays when morphing in the PlayStation version (there are options to completely turn off morphs and letting the system load two additional characters into memory when playing as Shang Tsung, eliminating the long loading delays when morphing in MK3); the only time the CPU ever controls Tsung is during the attract mode.

Tony H
06-28-2020, 06:41 PM
So you're asking for a way in the Sega CD version to completely turn off morphs and letting the system load two additional characters into memory when playing as Shang?

Chev Chelios
06-28-2020, 07:38 PM
So you're asking for a way in the Sega CD version to completely turn off morphs and letting the system load two additional characters into memory when playing as Shang?

Yes, that is my idea.

But forgive me if it is not possible.

Tony H
06-28-2020, 11:16 PM
That's more of a ROM hack/patch project, and probably not something that can be done with a few Game Genie type codes (eg changing a few bytes in the game iso file). You may want to post your request over at RHDN (ROMhacking dot net). They might be able to help you.

Tony H
07-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Didn't know about this game until a couple days ago. Pretty good game.

Ultracore (MJ-1.0)(JP) (Genesis/MD) Game Genie codes

NOTE: These codes should work on the regular ROM, or the "CheckSum Fixed" ROM.

RGZA-C6XN +
BCZA-CA50 +
AWPA-CA4L +
CCZT-CA70
Hit enemies from anywhere.

RMXT-CA8C +
RDXA-CA92
Walk thru walls.

MWBA-CA7R
Invincibility.

RGBT-C6XG
Infinite energy.

AJRT-EA8J
Always have infinite supply of Smart Bombs, even if you don't have any.

ADVA-D28N
Jump higher.

Tony H
07-02-2020, 07:32 PM

NOTE: These codes should work on the regular ROM, or the "CheckSum Fixed" ROM.

RHVA-C6XY
Moon jump. You may take damage if you jump too high, but the infinite energy code will fix that.

ATHA-EA70 +
ATHA-EA8R
Collect items/power-ups from anywhere.

RG3A-C6VE
1 hit kills enemies. EDIT: Code can be buggy when killing bosses, use code below instead.

Tony H
07-04-2020, 12:42 AM
The "1 hit kill" code above can be buggy when killing bosses, so here's a new code that seems to fix any problems...

AGJA-B26N
1 hit kills enemies and bosses. Some bosses will need to be hit in a specific spot (like the head).

============

Here's another new code...

AAJA-FA9T
Infinite time.

Tony H
07-04-2020, 08:53 PM

ACCA-DA58
Infinite ammo for extra weapons (as long as you have some).

HVNA-FEDG +
H7NA-EADJ +
AKNA-EA58
Always have all weapons (will still need ammo to shoot the extra weapons).

HVNA-FEDG +
H7NA-EADJ +
AKNA-EA58 +
A4CA-CA48
Always have all weapons and infinite ammo (even if you don't have any ammo). Your ammo amount will decrease when shooting, but you can still shoot even when it reaches zero.

Tony H
07-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Ultracore (MJ-1.0)(JP) Genesis Game Genie

CYBT-AAFA
Start a new game with 15 lives.

PEWT-EEX0
Infinite lives.

pepodmc
07-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Hello, i made a mod to be able to play Streets od Rage 4 with custom tracks while playing using the program "Autohotkey", that lets you input custom tracks to keys on the keyboard, so, they will start when you press a key on the keyboard. I made this configuration (for sor 4 at least)

https://i.imgur.com/MLkrMeP.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8IeecateQ

This mod can be used in any game that suit this mod, for example Virtua tennis or others.

And i want to use it for some genesis games, i was thinking in Road Rash 2 more than anything, because there are a lot of great covers

Intro theme cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGYa_2iESQM

Arizona theme cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-EIOJOMbVc

Hawaii theme cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x88xyiPQZ0

I dont know when patch for a version for Mega SD will be made, and someone has to port the mega sd capabilites to an emulator first so, it will be a long wait (mega SD was released in 2019 and there are only like 7 patches i think)

I want to Hex edit Road Rash 2 rom so, the music of the stages dont start.
You can disable the music in options, but they replace the music with the sound of the motors of the bikes and the sounds are very annoying.

So i need one of these:

1- Hex edit the music stage per stage, so the music is absent in all stages.
2- Hex edit the sounds of the motor of the bikes when you disable music in options so, the motors dont sound in the races.

The first option would be the best, because the second would disable the menu music too.

Please someone help me with these. Thanks

Tony H
07-11-2020, 03:34 PM
pedodmc, I rarely do any work with music or sound in Genesis games, but Road Rash 2 was my favorite game, so I knew what I had to do. lol. Have always loved the music in RR2.

This raw code can easily be hacked into the ROM or can be used as a Game Genie code in case you wanted to turn it on or off. It disables the music in all of the levels, although I only tested a couple. The sounds of the engines/motors are also disabled. I noticed that the music will start playing if you pause and unpause the game. I can fix that if you decide that this code is what you're looking for (should only require one more code).

Keep in mind that if you hack this code into the ROM, you will also need to hack the master code into the ROM to fix the blank screen that you will get from a failed checksum check. You can get 2 different versions of the master codes from my site (address is in my sig). I made a regular master code, and an improved master code. They both achieve the same thing, but the improved master code will make the game load faster since it causes the game to entirely bypass the checksum check.

One other thing, there are two different versions of this game. This code is for the rev00 version, and may not work on the rev02 version.

Here is the raw/ROM code...

Road Rash 2 (rev00) Genesis

00C110:6002
Disables music during gameplay. Music will start playing if you pause and unpause the game.

pepodmc
07-11-2020, 03:48 PM
pedodmc, I rarely do any work with music or sound in Genesis games, but Road Rash 2 was my favorite game, so I knew what I had to do. lol. Have always loved the music in RR2.

This raw code can easily be hacked into the ROM or can be used as a Game Genie code in case you wanted to turn it on or off. It disables the music in all of the levels, although I only tested a couple. The sounds of the engines/motors are also disabled. I noticed that the music will start playing if you pause and unpause the game. I can fix that if you decide that this code is what you're looking for (should only require one more code).

Yeah thanks, it works perfect!

If you can do the second code would be great

Tony H
07-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Yeah thanks, it works perfect!

If you can do the second code would be great

This should fix the music coming on after pausing the game...

00E82C:6000
Disables music if you pause then unpause the game.

Tony H
07-11-2020, 08:48 PM

AHAT-AAB8
Alaska track always plays title screen/menu music.

AMAT-AAB8
Alaska track always plays Vermont music.

Virtua Hunter
07-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Hello

I have a question about Thunder Force IV.
I was looking for years for a hack or code to replace the normal music during the stage with the bonus Omake music you unlock by finish the game.
But it seems no one tried this until now.

Do you think it's possible to achieve this with a game genie code or it needs a real hack?

Tony H
07-13-2020, 08:40 PM
Hello

I have a question about Thunder Force IV.
I was looking for years for a hack or code to replace the normal music during the stage with the bonus Omake music you unlock by finish the game.
But it seems no one tried this until now.

Do you think it's possible to achieve this with a game genie code or it needs a real hack?

I'm not familiar with the music in TF IV, but there is a good chance that a Game Genie code can replace which music is played. I know nothing about this game, so you'll need to be a little more precise with what you want.

Virtua Hunter
07-14-2020, 11:32 AM
I'm not familiar with the music in TF IV, but there is a good chance that a Game Genie code can replace which music is played. I know nothing about this game, so you'll need to be a little more precise with what you want.

In TF IV there are 10 stages in total.
The first 5 stages has 2 BGM (the second music trigger in the second half of the stage), plus boss music.

When you finish the game, you unlock 10 Omake BGM tracks that you can hear only at the sound test menu.
The fact that there are 10 stages and 10 Omake tracks is what made me think that they were some kind of alternative scrapped OST.

Now for the pratical matter, I was searching for a way to replace the music in this order:

Music Stage 1 (2) number 10 on in-game sound test) ---> Omake 1
Music Stage 2 (2) (number 11 on sound test) ---> Omake 2
Music Stage 3 (1) (number 02 on sound test) ---> Omake 3
Music Stage 4 (1) (number 03 on sound test) ---> Omake 4
Music Stage 5 (number 04 on sound test) ---> Omake 5
Music Stage 6 (number 05 on sound test) ---> Omake 6
Music Stage 7 (number 06 on sound test) ---> Omake 7
Music Stage 8 (number 07 on sound test) ---> Omake 8
Music Stage 9 (number 08 on sound test) ---> Omake 9
Music Stage 10 (number 09 on sound test) ---> Omake 10

I hope it's not too confusing ^^
I'm using TFIV japanese edition for reference.

Tony H
07-14-2020, 08:25 PM
Not sure I understand your chart. You say that the first 5 levels have a second track that plays, but your chart only seems to show 4 (or maybe only 2?).

What are the stage numbers for the different stages? For example, the Strite level, is that considered the first stage? What is the name of the second stage? Etc.

What is the song number for the beginning of the Strite level? What is the song number for the beginning of the Air Raid level. Etc. I think I can figure out the second song number for a couple of them from your chart (I'm assuming that would be song #10 for stage 1?, etc?).

Virtua Hunter
07-15-2020, 11:32 AM
Sorry I forgot to say that names higlighted are the exact song names that you find in the sound test (sound test is activated by holding A and pressing Start at the title screen)

For example "Music Stage 1 (2)" is the official name for track number 10
Stage 1 refers to first stage "Strite", the (2) of course indicate that it's used as the second BGM during the second half of the level.

https://i.imgur.com/3gtTE7c.jpg

when there are no brackets in the song name, it means that there's only one music for the entire stage.

I didn't used stage names because the game only clearly tell you the name of the first 4 stages, it only mention the name of the other stages in the leaderboards.
So i though that sound test is a better reference, also when I was exploring the japanese TFIV Rom file with the hex editor, I noticed that you can find the same names Stage 1 (2), Stage 2 (2), Omake 1, Omake 2 and so on)
In case here's the list of stages names:

1-Strite
2-Ruin
3-Air Raid
4-Daser

5-Vios
6-Volbados
7-Desvio
8-Wall
9-Bio-Base
10-Versus

Tony H
07-16-2020, 12:07 AM
Virtua Hunter, after a fair amount of time on this, I think I finally got it figured out. As I mentioned before, I rarely work on music for the Genesis, so some of this info may not be 100% accurate.

As far as I can tell, for stages 1 thru 10 (and the first part of those stages that have more than one song), the number of the song and the number of the stage share the same value, and if you change that number, it affects both the song and the stage. I made a code to use omake-1 music using a value of 26, and the music played fine, but the game was also trying to start on stage 26 and just showed a black screen. What this means is that there is no easy way to have the first part of each of those levels use different music. It is probably possible to change the order of the songs, or redirect pointers to get omake songs to play at the beginning of the songs, but would probably be even more time consuming, and a lot more codes, so it would be getting into a hack/patch type of thing. It's do-able, but just too time consuming for me.

But all is not lost. I was able to make a code to get the second song for stage 1 (Strite) to play as omake-1 (which is what I think you wanted for that stage?). Let me know if it works. I also made some other music codes while I was figuring things out, and I'll post those, although not sure how useful they'll be. This game did not want to give up it's secrets without a fight. lol.

Thunder Force IV (Japanese version) Genesis/MD Game Genie

E3BA-NACR
Stage 1 (Strite) plays Omake-1 for the second song.

The rest of these codes are in raw format, but can easily be converted to Game Genie if needed. I'm too lazy to convert them. lol These are just kind of "test" codes I used to figure things out, so may or may not be useful...

C43A:7026
Opening screen (don't touch any buttons when game first starts) plays Omake-1 music.

01050C:7028
Course Select screen plays Omake-3 music.

010932:7627
starting out with Stage 4 (Daser) will play Omake-2 music, but screen will be black (game is trying to play stage 27).

MegaDriver
07-17-2020, 05:30 AM
Hello again mr. Tony,

I would like to ask you something, this time related to Turbo Outrun.

As the player progresses in the game, before starting certain levels he is given the choice of three upgrades:

- Hi power engine (better acceleration, I think)
- Hi grip tires (improved handling, or rather, cornering)
- Special turbo (reduced time for turbo re-activation)

My question is, can you investigate if it is possible to enable all, or any, of the upgrades right from the start by using gamegenie codes?

Thank you.

Tony H
07-17-2020, 08:27 AM
Hi MegaDriver, I can probably come up with something, but I would need you to supply me with a save state of that part where you get to pick which power up. Kega Fusion or Gens save states will work.

Edit: If there is some way to easily get to that power up screen (level select, passwords, etc), that will work also.

Virtua Hunter
07-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Virtua Hunter, after a fair amount of time on this, I think I finally got it figured out. As I mentioned before, I rarely work on music for the Genesis, so some of this info may not be 100% accurate.

As far as I can tell, for stages 1 thru 10 (and the first part of those stages that have more than one song), the number of the song and the number of the stage share the same value, and if you change that number, it affects both the song and the stage. I made a code to use omake-1 music using a value of 26, and the music played fine, but the game was also trying to start on stage 26 and just showed a black screen. What this means is that there is no easy way to have the first part of each of those levels use different music. It is probably possible to change the order of the songs, or redirect pointers to get omake songs to play at the beginning of the songs, but would probably be even more time consuming, and a lot more codes, so it would be getting into a hack/patch type of thing. It's do-able, but just too time consuming for me.

But all is not lost. I was able to make a code to get the second song for stage 1 (Strite) to play as omake-1 (which is what I think you wanted for that stage?). Let me know if it works. I also made some other music codes while I was figuring things out, and I'll post those, although not sure how useful they'll be. This game did not want to give up it's secrets without a fight. lol.

Thunder Force IV (Japanese version) Genesis/MD Game Genie

E3BA-NACR
Stage 1 (Strite) plays Omake-1 for the second song.

The rest of these codes are in raw format, but can easily be converted to Game Genie if needed. I'm too lazy to convert them. lol These are just kind of "test" codes I used to figure things out, so may or may not be useful...

C43A:7026
Opening screen (don't touch any buttons when game first starts) plays Omake-1 music.

01050C:7028
Course Select screen plays Omake-3 music.

010932:7627
starting out with Stage 4 (Daser) will play Omake-2 music, but screen will be black (game is trying to play stage 27).

Impressive Tony, you already figured out how it works, nice!!
The code E3BA-NACR works perfectly on real hardware.
I was right about guessing Omake 1 could an alternative second song of the first stage, it's synched very well with the action and the lengh of that segment.

I had to use this code too since the game freeze at boss (i think those are also your codes :D )

AKTT-AA44
AJSA-AA6Y

I tried also other codes you provided and they works too :)
I converted them in game genie codes if other are interested:

Opening music
E5CA-BA34

Course select music
FACT-DA2N

Daser 4 omake music but black screen
E6ET-DN3W

So it's possible after all :) , but unfortunately it's more complex.
I was also thinking that even if each level need 1 code, it could already hit the limit of game genie codes (minimum 13 codes, 10 for stages, one for the master code, two for the boss glitch), and since you said things aren't that linear, it could need even more codes.
So it's doable but it probably need a real rom hack.

But I don't want to give up :D do you think it would be possible for someone who barely know hex editing (lol) to find the correct value, redirect pointers etc. with a little guidance? :D

Tony H
07-17-2020, 12:03 PM
So it's possible after all :) , but unfortunately it's more complex.
I was also thinking that even if each level need 1 code, it could already hit the limit of game genie codes (minimum 13 codes, 10 for stages, one for the master code, two for the boss glitch), and since you said things aren't that linear, it could need even more codes.
So it's doable but it probably need a real rom hack.

But I don't want to give up :D do you think it would be possible for someone who barely know hex editing (lol) to find the correct value, redirect pointers etc. with a little guidance? :D

I forgot to mention that if the code I posted worked for stage 1, I can also make codes for the rest of the stages that use a second song. I will work on those soon.

There is no real/official threshold for how many codes it would take to constitute a ROM hack, but in my opinion, if there are going to be more than 10 to 15 Game Genie codes, and it was something that you would want permanently in the game (like your music codes), then a patched ROM would be easier to use than entering all of those codes.

As far as a little guidance for someone wanting to try to do the other single song levels themselves, that would only work if I spent a lot of time figuring all that stuff out. Things like text, graphics, etc can use what they call pointers to "point" the game to where those things are in the ROM, and I would assume that music works the same way, although I have never actually tried it. Many individual pointers can be changed to a different ROM address with a single Game Genie code, and the most codes it would take is 2 (for each address).

As I mentioned, I'll work on the rest of those Game Genie codes for the other levels and post them soon. As for the rest of the levels that only use a single song, I may try and see if I can figure out a way to make codes for those as well while I'm still familiar with how things work. If I get it figured out, I might just make an ips patch for the ROM, as well as posting the individual codes. No promises on that, but if it looks like it won't be too time consuming, I might give it a go.

One other side note... On those codes for changing the music in the opening section and course selection screens, you can easily modify those codes to get whatever music you want.

MegaDriver
07-17-2020, 12:10 PM
Hi MegaDriver, I can probably come up with something, but I would need you to supply me with a save state of that part where you get to pick which power up. Kega Fusion or Gens save states will work.

Edit: If there is some way to easily get to that power up screen (level select, passwords, etc), that will work also.

Hello there!

I see.

I have played a bit and got past level 4, when one is presented with the upgrade screen for the first time.

I have saved-state with kega and put in the attachment as zip.

Let me know if it works for you and if this was of any help.

Tony H
07-17-2020, 01:20 PM
Hello there!

I see.

I have played a bit and got past level 4, when one is presented with the upgrade screen for the first time.

I have saved-state with kega and put in the attachment as zip.

Let me know if it works for you and if this was of any help.

Yes, the save state worked for me. Thanks. Just want to make sure... you want the codes for "Turbo OutRun (Japan, Europe)"? EDIT: I don't know if there is a "US" version of the game.

Tony H
07-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Virtua Hunter, I've got another code to test. As I mentioned, I am not familiar with this game at all, and trying to figure out the different music during gameplay is difficult. I have no idea if the music is changing to a different song, or if it's the same song that is just changing tempo or transitioning to a different part. I don't know if this code is for the second song in stage 2, or if it's just a boss song, and the actual 2nd song is after it. The method they used to determine this song is completely different than the first code I posted for stage 1.

Thunder Force IV

E8ET-HA4L
Changes the music for the second song in Ruin/Stage 2 (or the boss fight??) to Omake-2.

MegaDriver
07-17-2020, 01:41 PM
Yes, the save state worked for me. Thanks. Just want to make sure... you want the codes for "Turbo OutRun (Japan, Europe)"?

Yes, that is correct. :p

Edit: No, I think it was never released in the US.

Tony H
07-17-2020, 03:02 PM
MegaDriver, is there any way to tell if you have one of those upgrades once you start driving?

Virtua Hunter
07-17-2020, 05:38 PM
Virtua Hunter, I've got another code to test. As I mentioned, I am not familiar with this game at all, and trying to figure out the different music during gameplay is difficult. I have no idea if the music is changing to a different song, or if it's the same song that is just changing tempo or transitioning to a different part. I don't know if this code is for the second song in stage 2, or if it's just a boss song, and the actual 2nd song is after it. The method they used to determine this song is completely different than the first code I posted for stage 1.

Thunder Force IV

E8ET-HA4L
Changes the music for the second song in Ruin/Stage 2 (or the boss fight??) to Omake-2.

Thank you very much!
I hope they didn't used different methods for each song though ^^

I tested the new code, this time on an emulator.
It works perfectly, the song Omake 2 play exactly as the second song of the Ruin/stage 2.

I guess it can be confusing because this time for Ruin stage there's a mid-boss with the second stage music. After you beat the mid-boss, game returns to the first stage music

so the music pattern for Ruin/stage 2 is:

First song -> Second Song (mid-boss) ->First song again -> Boss song (for the real stage boss).

Tony H
07-17-2020, 09:30 PM
Virtua Hunter, I think this is the rest of the codes that I will be able to do. I haven't tested these at all, so let me know if they work.

Thunder Force IV

FBST-NAAG
Changes the music for the 2nd song in Air Raid (Stage 3) to Omake-3

FFZT-NACR
Changes the music for the 2nd song in Daser (Stage 4) to Omake-4

MegaDriver
07-18-2020, 09:27 AM
MegaDriver, is there any way to tell if you have one of those upgrades once you start driving?

I'm afraid the game "hud" shows no indication of which upgrades the player has chosen or when they are "on".

I guess it's a matter of being able to tell the difference between the behaviour of the stock version of the car (at the beginning of the game) and when an upgrade is installed.

I would say that the 'higrip tires' and the 'special turbo' are easy to spot because with the first one the car sticks better to the road and that is noticeable when the car makes the tight curves vs without, which makes the car go easily off-road and crash more often with side objects.

With second one it is also noticeable that the turbo bar takes less time to "regenerate" (cool down) allowing the player to activate the turbo more times than when it had the stock turbo.

The 'Hipower engine' seems to me that allows for better acceleration but I could never really tell, so that one is tricky.

If you play the game a few times (start with very-easy difficulty) I'm sure you will notice at least those 2 differences I pointed out.

Tony H
07-18-2020, 08:32 PM
MegaDriver, your detailed explanation was perfect. After looking at the turbo cool down speed a few times, I could tell the difference between the two. I've got one code to test and should have the rest before too long, as well as some extra codes related to the upgrades (even faster turbo cool down, etc). This code seems to work fine and is exactly the same as if you selected the turbo upgrade. Let me know if it seems right to you.

Turbo Outrun (Genesis/MD)

REFT-A6TR
Always have the turbo upgrade.

ruimtemuis
07-19-2020, 05:57 AM
Would it be possible to make a Game Genie code to restore the naked fairies in Stormlord? Apparently they are still in the ROM.

MegaDriver
07-19-2020, 06:24 AM
MegaDriver, your detailed explanation was perfect. After looking at the turbo cool down speed a few times, I could tell the difference between the two. I've got one code to test and should have the rest before too long, as well as some extra codes related to the upgrades (even faster turbo cool down, etc). This code seems to work fine and is exactly the same as if you selected the turbo upgrade. Let me know if it seems right to you.

REFT-A6TR
Always have the turbo upgrade.

Yes, the code is working. And it's already a nice improvement.

Tune the upgrades? That sounds interesting. It could be game-changer for Turbo Outrun!

Tony H
07-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Yes, the code is working. And it's already a nice improvement.

Tune the upgrades? That sounds interesting. It could be game-changer for Turbo Outrun!

Glad to hear that the code works.

With these extra (tune-able) upgrade codes, I will include all the values so you can get an idea of what to expect, and maybe make suggestions as to which values might work best.

REFT-A6TR +
BJFT-AAAW
Always have the turbo upgrade, with even faster cool down.

The game normally subtracts a value of 03 from the turbo heat to make it cool down. When you have the normal turbo upgrade, that value is increased to 05. With this code, I've set the value to 10. Let me know if you think this value is ok, or should I go higher or lower?

Tony H
07-19-2020, 10:46 AM
Would it be possible to make a Game Genie code to restore the naked fairies in Stormlord? Apparently they are still in the ROM.

I will look into that when I'm done with the codes I'm working on. Where did you see that they were still in the ROM?

Virtua Hunter
07-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Virtua Hunter, I think this is the rest of the codes that I will be able to do. I haven't tested these at all, so let me know if they work.

Thunder Force IV

FBST-NAAG
Changes the music for the 2nd song in Air Raid (Stage 3) to Omake-3

FFZT-NACR
Changes the music for the 2nd song in Daser (Stage 4) to Omake-4

Thank you Tony!!

Tested and they both works perfectly.
Also I forget to ask you this:

previously you mentioned that when you change the first song of each stage, the game still try to load the original song and it results in a black screen.

Is it true also for the later stages that has only one song (stage 6-10)?

ruimtemuis
07-19-2020, 12:54 PM
I will look into that when I'm done with the codes I'm working on. Where did you see that they were still in the ROM?

Thank you for the response! I read it on this thread: https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?16441-Stormlord

I only have the Japanese release myself. Not sure if there are differences between the later Japanese release and earlier American release.

Tony H
07-19-2020, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the response! I read it on this thread: https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?16441-Stormlord

I only have the Japanese release myself. Not sure if there are differences between the later Japanese release and earlier American release.

In that thread, someone links to a patch that already exists to convert the ROM to use the nude graphics.

Tony H
07-19-2020, 02:39 PM
Thank you Tony!!

Tested and they both works perfectly.
Also I forget to ask you this:

previously you mentioned that when you change the first song of each stage, the game still try to load the original song and it results in a black screen.

Is it true also for the later stages that has only one song (stage 6-10)?

I don't have an easy way to test stages 5-10 (no way to directly access those levels), so haven't directly tested those. However, this is how it works on stages 1-4, and the other levels are most likely the same. If I change the value for the music in stage 1 so that it plays the music from stage 3 instead, it will play the music from stage 3, but that is because you will be playing stage 3. If I told it to play the music for stage 4 and I selected stage 1, it would play the music for stage 4 as well as having you start on stage 4. It kind of acts like a level select code. The value for the music and the value for the stage are one in the same. If you change one, it will also change the other.

If you want, you can post a save state (Kega Fusion or Gens will work) right at the end of stage 5. That way, I can see if stage 6 works the same way as stages 1-4.

MegaDriver
07-19-2020, 08:07 PM
Glad to hear that the code works.

With these extra (tune-able) upgrade codes, I will include all the values so you can get an idea of what to expect, and maybe make suggestions as to which values might work best.

REFT-A6TR +
BJFT-AAAW
Always have the turbo upgrade, with even faster cool down.

The game normally subtracts a value of 03 from the turbo heat to make it cool down. When you have the normal turbo upgrade, that value is increased to 05. With this code, I've set the value to 10. Let me know if you think this value is ok, or should I go higher or lower?

The normal turbo upgrade is already a nice help, but with that extra upgrade code is even better. :D
I would say the value 10 is just right and probably ideal for the harder difficulty settings.

Can't wait to see what youŽll find out for the other two upgrades! :shock:

Tony H
07-19-2020, 08:33 PM
The normal turbo upgrade is already a nice help, but with that extra upgrade code is even better. :D
I would say the value 10 is just right and probably ideal for the harder difficulty settings.

Can't wait to see what youŽll find out for the other two upgrades! :shock:

Cool, I'll leave the value at 10.

I've been working on the other upgrades (tires and engine) and they are a little more complicated when it codes to turning them on or off with Game Genie codes during gameplay. This first code will allow you to access the upgrade menu from the very start of the game, so you can choose which upgrade you want to start with. One drawback is that you are forced to use the manual transmission. Will have more codes tomorrow...

AKXT-AA56 +
RFYT-A612
Start a new game with the upgrade menu (you can pick a Turbo, Tire, or Engine upgrade before your first race). Note that you will start with the manual transmission.

EDIT: You can use the turbo upgrade code together with this code if you'd like (if you'd like to choose something else in addition to the turbo upgrade).

Virtua Hunter
07-20-2020, 10:48 AM
I don't have an easy way to test stages 5-10 (no way to directly access those levels), so haven't directly tested those. However, this is how it works on stages 1-4, and the other levels are most likely the same. If I change the value for the music in stage 1 so that it plays the music from stage 3 instead, it will play the music from stage 3, but that is because you will be playing stage 3. If I told it to play the music for stage 4 and I selected stage 1, it would play the music for stage 4 as well as having you start on stage 4. It kind of acts like a level select code. The value for the music and the value for the stage are one in the same. If you change one, it will also change the other.

If you want, you can post a save state (Kega Fusion or Gens will work) right at the end of stage 5. That way, I can see if stage 6 works the same way as stages 1-4.

Hello Tony

I made two save state for Fusion:

the first is a the beginning of stage 5 (use save state slot 0), in case you want to try if stage 5 behave just like the rpevious four stages.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g5yd3rjizfefh0t/Thunder_Force_IV_%28Japan%29.gs0/file

the second save is right at the end of the stage 5 (use save state slot 1)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m5wehsk45pik65w/Thunder_Force_IV_%28Japan%29.gs1/file

MegaDriver
07-20-2020, 03:05 PM
Cool, I'll leave the value at 10.

I've been working on the other upgrades (tires and engine) and they are a little more complicated when it codes to turning them on or off with Game Genie codes during gameplay. This first code will allow you to access the upgrade menu from the very start of the game, so you can choose which upgrade you want to start with. One drawback is that you are forced to use the manual transmission. Will have more codes tomorrow...

AKXT-AA56 +
RFYT-A612
Start a new game with the upgrade menu (you can pick a Turbo, Tire, or Engine upgrade before your first race). Note that you will start with the manual transmission.

EDIT: You can use the turbo upgrade code together with this code if you'd like (if you'd like to choose something else in addition to the turbo upgrade).

It's fine really.
IMHO, manual transmission is the only way possible to play and master Turbo Outrun.
And as I suspected, starting the game with 'Higrip tires' is a major improvement and makes the game a lot more enjoyable.
So, even if it is not possible to activate the other two upgrades, as it is, it's already an excellent work from you. :ok:

Tony H
07-20-2020, 04:52 PM
Hello Tony

I made two save state for Fusion:

the first is a the beginning of stage 5 (use save state slot 0), in case you want to try if stage 5 behave just like the rpevious four stages.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g5yd3rjizfefh0t/Thunder_Force_IV_%28Japan%29.gs0/file

the second save is right at the end of the stage 5 (use save state slot 1)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m5wehsk45pik65w/Thunder_Force_IV_%28Japan%29.gs1/file

Looks like there is no "easy" way to change the music on stages 5 thru 10. The game carries over the value from stage 4, and then just keeps adding 1 to it for the next level.

I'm going to put this on the back burner and may come back to it later.

Tony H
07-20-2020, 08:02 PM
MegaDriver, I have a question... Are you only allowed to upgrade each of the 3 items one time? In other words, once you've upgraded all 3 items, will the upgrade screen still show up and allow you to upgrade something a second time?

KnightWarrior
07-21-2020, 12:21 AM
I know it's like 2 years, I never thank you on it

on the NES version of Batman:RTOJ

When you beat a boss with 1 bar of Health, You Health bar get's refilled in the NES version, not on the Genesis version

Is there a way to find where you have your health refilled at the start of each stage

Tony H
07-21-2020, 12:56 AM

When you beat a boss with 1 bar of Health, You Health bar get's refilled in the NES version, not on the Genesis version

Is there a way to find where you have your health refilled at the start of each stage

You're saying that your health normally doesn't get refilled when you start a new level, and you want a code to do that?

KnightWarrior
07-21-2020, 02:05 AM
Yeah like that, Will it be possable?

MegaDriver
07-21-2020, 03:54 AM
MegaDriver, I have a question... Are you only allowed to upgrade each of the 3 items one time? In other words, once you've upgraded all 3 items, will the upgrade screen still show up and allow you to upgrade something a second time?

Yes, the game only allows to upgrade each of the 3 items one time.

The upgrade screen appears 3 times (when a certain level is cleared) but the item (or items) previously upgraded are no longer available to upgrade once more. The player has to forcibly chose between the ones left.
So, the only variation possible is the order of the upgrades. By the end of the game the car is fully upgraded (3 upgrades screen and 3 different upgrades installed, each one only one time).

Virtua Hunter
07-21-2020, 07:54 AM
Looks like there is no "easy" way to change the music on stages 5 thru 10. The game carries over the value from stage 4, and then just keeps adding 1 to it for the next level.

I'm going to put this on the back burner and may come back to it later.

Thank you!

Meanwhile I have another question this time it's not for the music
It's probably in the realm of romhacking and it's more a curiosity than a real request but I ask in any case:

would it be possible to change the spaceship sprite? TF IV has two ships, the second ship is unlocked at the end of stage 5 with a cutscene (I think you can see it in the save state) and and is used for the rest of the game.

I know it's unlikely, but since the game seems programmed in an odd way, maybe thel left both ships data included tor every level? That's my curiosity ^^

Tony H
07-21-2020, 10:34 AM
Yeah like that, Will it be possable?

Probably. I'll look at it when I'm done with other codes I'm working on.

Yes, the game only allows to upgrade each of the 3 items one time.

The upgrade screen appears 3 times (when a certain level is cleared) but the item (or items) previously upgraded are no longer available to upgrade once more. The player has to forcibly chose between the ones left.
So, the only variation possible is the order of the upgrades. By the end of the game the car is fully upgraded (3 upgrades screen and 3 different upgrades installed, each one only one time).

Thank you for the info, very useful. I had some new codes I was going to post, but I noticed that choosing the manual transmission gave you the engine upgrade, even if you didn't select it. I will have to find out if that is normal and that's how they make the manual trans car more powerful than the automatic trans at first, or if that was because of my code. If that's normal, then I'll need to figure out how they make the manual trans car even more powerful when you actually select the engine upgrade. Give me some time to figure things out and then I'll post the codes.

Thank you!

Meanwhile I have another question this time it's not for the music
It's probably in the realm of romhacking and it's more a curiosity than a real request but I ask in any case:

would it be possible to change the spaceship sprite? TF IV has two ships, the second ship is unlocked at the end of stage 5 with a cutscene (I think you can see it in the save state) and and is used for the rest of the game.

I know it's unlikely, but since the game seems programmed in an odd way, maybe thel left both ships data included tor every level? That's my curiosity ^^

I'll look into that a little later. It might be possible to have that ship from the very beginning.

Tony H
07-21-2020, 07:15 PM
MegaDriver, made some good progress. Found out it was my code that was causing the issues with the transmission. I have an updated code from earlier, as well as a new code.

Turbo Outrun (Japan, Europe) Genesis/MD

AKXT-AA56 +
RFYT-A612
Start a new game with the upgrade menu (you can pick a Turbo, Tire, or Engine upgrade before your first race). Note that you will start with the manual transmission. UPDATED: If you want to have the automatic transmission, add this code: 9EDA-BRZR.

9VYA-BGE2 +
B3YA-AAE4
Start a new game with all 3 upgrades (Turbo, Tires, and Engine). Note that you will start with the manual transmission even if you choose automatic. If you want to have the automatic transmission, add this code: 9EDA-BRZR.

EDIT: I made this last code so that it shouldn't bring up the upgrade menu since you'll already have all 3 upgrades. If you test it long enough to make it to the next check point (wherever it is that you would normally see the upgrade menu), let me know if the upgrade menu shows up (it shouldn't).

MegaDriver
07-21-2020, 09:25 PM
MegaDriver, made some good progress. Found out it was my code that was causing the issues with the transmission. I have an updated code from earlier, as well as a new code.

Turbo Outrun (Japan, Europe) Genesis/MD

AKXT-AA56 +
RFYT-A612
Start a new game with the upgrade menu (you can pick a Turbo, Tire, or Engine upgrade before your first race). Note that you will start with the manual transmission. UPDATED: If you want to have the automatic transmission, add this code: 9EDA-BRZR.

9VYA-BGE2 +
B3YA-AAE4
Start a new game with all 3 upgrades (Turbo, Tires, and Engine). Note that you will start with the manual transmission even if you choose automatic. If you want to have the automatic transmission, add this code: 9EDA-BRZR.

EDIT: I made this last code so that it shouldn't bring up the upgrade menu since you'll already have all 3 upgrades. If you test it long enough to make it to the next check point (wherever it is that you would normally see the upgrade menu), let me know if the upgrade menu shows up (it shouldn't).

Indeed!

Ok, so I have been playing for a while with your codes.

Yes, both are working.
The first one is better for getting used gradually to the performance increase.
The second one is simply supercool! :cool:
However the upgrade screen still appears, although no upgrade can be chosen (interestingly, the "icons" for the upgrades appear smaller, which intuitively suggests they are no longer available).

What can I say, with your codes Turbo Outrun has made the leap from mediocre to really enjoyable. :D

Tony H
07-21-2020, 11:02 PM
Indeed!

Ok, so I have been playing for a while with your codes.

Yes, both are working.
The first one is better for getting used gradually to the performance increase.
The second one is simply supercool! :cool:
However the upgrade screen still appears, although no upgrade can be chosen (interestingly, the "icons" for the upgrades appear smaller, which intuitively suggests they are no longer available).

What can I say, with your codes Turbo Outrun has made the leap from mediocre to really enjoyable. :D

Glad to hear the codes are working well. The fact that the upgrade screen appears is probably perfectly fine. As long as you can't select any of them, then we will call it good.

I may look into some more codes for this game. Thanks for all the help.

ruimtemuis
07-22-2020, 05:13 AM
In that thread, someone links to a patch that already exists to convert the ROM to use the nude graphics.

Yes, I saw that. But how can I apply the patch to an original cartridge on original hardware? That's why I was wondering if it is possible to replicate this effect using a Game Genie.

Tony H
07-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Yes, I saw that. But how can I apply the patch to an original cartridge on original hardware? That's why I was wondering if it is possible to replicate this effect using a Game Genie.

That patch would almost certainly require more than 5 Game Genie codes (which is the limit of a real Game Genie). And to be honest, I have no interest in doing this since it is someone else's work, and there is no challenge in it for me.

If you know how to use a hex editor, you can figure it out yourself. Just apply the patch and then compare the original ROM to the patched ROM and count the number of differences.

pepodmc
07-22-2020, 10:55 PM
So you're asking for a way in the Mortal Kombat 1 Sega CD version to completely turn off morphs and letting the system load two additional characters into memory when playing as Shang?

That's more of a ROM hack/patch project, and probably not something that can be done with a few Game Genie type codes (eg changing a few bytes in the game iso file). You may want to post your request over at RHDN (ROMhacking dot net). They might be able to help you.

Is there way to turn off shang tsung morphs without loading additional characters?

Its not a problem if shang tsung cant morph into others characters. i only want him to not morph. Or still its more what some hex edit can do?

Tony H
07-22-2020, 11:25 PM
Is there way to turn off shang tsung morphs without loading additional characters?

Its not a problem if shang tsung cant morph into others characters. i only want him to not morph. Or still its more what some hex edit can do?

The hacking tools I use for Sega CD aren't very good, which limits what I can do. Just the morphing can probably be disabled with minimum editing, but I'm not really interested in trying because of the poor Sega CD tools.

KnightWarrior
07-23-2020, 10:41 PM
Probably. I'll look at it when I'm done with other codes I'm working on.

Cool, Thanks

Tony H
07-24-2020, 01:37 PM

Can you supply me with a Kega Fusion or Gens save state shortly before you defeat a boss with your health somewhere below full?

KnightWarrior
07-30-2020, 04:46 PM
Can you supply me with a Kega Fusion or Gens save state shortly before you defeat a boss with your health somewhere below full?

How would I do that?

Tony H
08-01-2020, 11:14 PM
I ported over the codes I made for the Mega Games 3 version.

Super Monaco GP (USA) (Rev C)

Note: These codes may not work with the other versions of the game.

CBSA-AA7L +
ABTA-A6N4
Much faster acceleration and top speed. Can modify second code (ABTA-A6N4) to adjust the acceleration and top speed.

ABSA-BA7T
Accelerate much faster, especially in higher gears.

ACCA-ATLL
Accelerate faster, and can take turns faster. Code can be modified.

XKSA-AC7A +
AVRT-AACN +
E3VA-AG8N
Adds an extra gear to the automatic transmission, making it a 5 speed automatic instead of a 4 speed, and top speed is increased from 316 km/h to 335 km/h.

JBVT-ACC2
Increases the top speed of the automatic transmission from 316 to 405 km/h. Will not work with the 5 speed automatic transmission code.

RFRT-A61R
Shows which gear you're in when using the automatic transmission.

pepodmc
08-06-2020, 10:46 AM

Im still looking for Road Rash 2 covers.

Yesterday a new Road Rash cover appeared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAefuFFvXFw

And this guy will cover all the tracks of the game, will sound amazing with the tracks made by this guy.

He was the same guy that made this cover too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGYa_2iESQM

Tony H
08-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Noice!

KnightWarrior
08-10-2020, 07:14 PM

Ok, Again, How do I supply you wih a Save State?

Tony H
08-11-2020, 09:32 PM
Ok, Again, How do I supply you wih a Save State?

You would do that with an emulator, but I've moved on to other things so it may be awhile before I may come back to it.

Tony H
08-16-2020, 12:51 AM
Made my first program which patches around 36 bytes in a Road Rash 2 ROM (Genesis). This heavily modifies the secret bike in the game (Wild Thing 2000) to make it accelerate faster in each of the 6 gears, higher top speed in all gears, more nitro bursts, much better handling, and of course bypasses the checksum routine.

Tony H
08-17-2020, 10:04 PM
To keep this somewhat on topic, this improved version of the Road Rash 2 bike editor will patch around 16 Game Genie codes into your Road Rash 2 ROM. There are now 3 different performance options that you can choose from. If you don't like one performance option, run the program again and try a different one. The program will not allow you to patch the wrong ROM, or the wrong version (there are two versions of RR2). May add more options as I learn more about programming. Fun stuff.

EDIT:

Newer version with a bug fix and some improvements...

https://codehut.gshi.org/RoadRash2BikeEditorV2b.zip

Virtua Hunter
08-18-2020, 08:19 AM
Hello Tony, any news for Thunder Force IV?

Tony H
08-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Hello Tony, any news for Thunder Force IV?

Didn't have any luck with the other ship.

Metal64
08-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Here is the list of all my game genie codes for Aladdin for sega genesis (USA)

https://pastebin.com/tbEY2nPg

pepodmc
09-01-2020, 07:13 PM

Hello.

About Road Rash 2 covers, here there are 3 new covers:

Teneese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9ZIjmHT44

Arizona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogiL63hUX8

Vermont:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Y8tELo-ug

Previous covers:

Main Menu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGYa_2iESQM&t=8s

Alaska:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAefuFFvXFw

Hawaii is the last of the stages left to do by him, there is another cool cover of hawaii but will need to see who makes the better cover:

And then, the busted theme and the cutscenes theme.

He will release a disc without the background noises of the game after finishing all the covers

pepodmc
09-01-2020, 07:26 PM
This is the Hawaii cover made by another author:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x88xyiPQZ0

Tony H
09-01-2020, 08:31 PM
That is awesome! Two thumbs up.

Tony H
09-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master (Genesis)

RG5A-A6X8
Enable level select. Pause the game and press A, B, or C. The current level number will show up in the upper left corner (right below your number of lives). Hold A, B, or C and press Up or Down to change the level number, then press Start to warp to that level.

pepodmc
10-02-2020, 11:08 AM

Hello tony. I need help with the game Bare Knuckle 3 for Sega Genesis.

Im making some changes to the cutscenes of the game, so i can port them to an Openbor game that is being made by an user of the page "Chronocrash".

And for that , i would need a game genie code for disabling the HUD while you are playing (player health bar, time , numbes of lives, special metter).

Or make it transparent, so the screen is clean to make the modifications later.

Thanks!!!

Tony H
10-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Hello tony. I need help with the game Bare Knuckle 3 for Sega Genesis.

Im making some changes to the cutscenes of the game, so i can port them to an Openbor game that is being made by an user of the page "Chronocrash".

And for that , i would need a game genie code for disabling the HUD while you are playing (player health bar, time , numbes of lives, special metter).

Or make it transparent, so the screen is clean to make the modifications later.

Thanks!!!

That's not something I normally do, but may look at it later if I get some time.

pepodmc
10-02-2020, 10:28 PM
That's not something I normally do, but may look at it later if I get some time.

Thanks man!! :D

pepodmc
10-03-2020, 07:31 PM

Now the Road Rash 2 arranged soundtrack is finished, the thing is that, the complete soundtrack without game sounds in the background its behind a paywall:

https://deanharrismusic.com/

And there is a Guy that is doing a lot of "MSU-MD" patches to add Cd music to Sega genesis games:

https://www.youtube.com/user/alex71277/videos

But we need to buy the soundtrack so the guy can make the patch with the clean tracks. Im not working at the moment and im from argentina, my currency is really devaluated compared to dolar, so i cant buy it at the moment, but someone will and will post it somewhere i hope.

pepodmc
10-04-2020, 10:30 PM

Sorry for bothering you again, but:

One of the guys that are making "MSU-MD" patches, bought the soundtrack of Road Rash 2, but he said this:

"Bought the "CD" and spent an hour poking around in the rom without anything useful. Since the EA drivers are completely undocumented, I don't think I could do anything useful without help. I anybody sees some docs, notes, maps etc. please let me know."

https://twitter.com/arcadetv/status/1312923332782755842

Do you think that you can help them in any way? I know that's not something you normally do, but can you at least talk with them?

Here are the twitter of the two guys making the "MSU-MD" patches

https://twitter.com/32mbit

https://twitter.com/arcadetv

Thanks!!!

Tony H
10-05-2020, 12:46 AM
pepodmc, there's probably not much I can do to help, but I remember that someone here at Sega-16 did a lot of work with Genesis music. Can't remember who it is, but you can try posting something in "Blast Processing" and see if anyone can help.

If you read this thread, I believe the guy that knows about Genesis sound and music posts some stuff about it...

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?30239-Someone-can-fix-this-Prince-of-Persia-2-(Proto)-Bug

pepodmc
10-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Thanks, i will ask him :rock:

LinkueiBR
11-16-2020, 03:58 PM
Hey Tony!

Can you make a code for Mortal Kombat to change the throw move from High Kick button to Low Punch button?

Tony H
11-16-2020, 10:24 PM
Hey Tony!

Can you make a code for Mortal Kombat to change the throw move from High Kick button to Low Punch button?

I've been devoting all of my free time to making codes for Sega CD games, and then implementing those codes into editors. It may be awhile, but I will get back to making Genesis codes and will take a look.

Tony H
12-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Virtua Racing Deluxe 32x (Game Genie)

Obviously Game Genie codes won't work on a real 32x, but this will work on Kega Fusion, Gens, and maybe others.

RE0T-C6TG
Enables mirror mode (can race tracks backwards). Keep scrolling right in the Mode Select screen until you see "Virtua Racing" backwards.

Tony H
12-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Some ported Sonic Spinball codes for the European version:

Sonic Spinball (E)

AHKT-5E8W +
AHKT-5E9T
Allows much more control over Sonic when trying to "steer" him around the screen.
This makes the game much easier because you can easily direct him when he's
curled up in a ball.

ZMLA-5DA0
Pressing Down on the directional pad will reverse gravity and cause Sonic to start
moving upward. Release Down to return to normal game play. Sonic will only start
to move upwards when he is already in motion (he will not move upwards when he is
standing still).

CDJA-5AC6
Lower gravity.

BDJA-4TC6
Much lower gravity.