PDA

View Full Version : Games for the Game Gear

dbtmellis
12-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Were there any games that were released soley on the Game Gear? I know that the GG is the same hardware, and that the GG games were almost an exact clone of the ones for SMS

ItellYaHuat
12-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I can name Tails Adventures off the top of my head.

jerry coeurl
12-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Tails Adventures is a great game, shame it only came out on the Game Gear, though. Had it been a full-fledged Genesis game, and had they included a battery back-up, it would have been incredible. Still, very much worth picking up if you've got a GG. Of the GG exclusive titles I've played, it definitely comes out on top.

Furnessly
12-14-2010, 08:07 AM
I know SMSPower would have some sort of list but they only seem to have lists of games by region (Japan, "Overseas") so off on top of my head:

Sonic Triple Trouble - A pretty good Sonic game, one of my favourites actually. It was considered to be released on the Master System but never did even though someone did a hack port.
Sonic Labyrinth - Imagine Sonic 3D but with a slow Sonic and a dodgy spindash
Tails Adventure - Already been mentioned, pretty good game
Sonic Drift
Sonic Drift 2 - Even though a Sonic hacker did a port but it is a bit glitchy
Jungle Strike - Port of the Mega Drive game
Urban Strike - See above
TaleSpin - See above
Power Drive - See above, very rare
Ax Battler: Legend of Golden Axe - Part side scrolling, part top down
Defender of Oasis - RPG
Ninja Gaiden - Different to the Master System game
Taz Mania - Different to the Master System game, graphics are more like the Genesis version
Ristar - Mega Drive port with design differences
Garfield: Caught in the Act - See above with an extra level
Factory Panic - Quirky game
F1 World Championship Edition - Another rare game
Super Columns
Halley Wars
Galaga 91 / Galaga 2
Chicago Syndicate - Game starring Larcen from Eternal Champions
Adventures of Batman & Robin - Different to the Mega Drive one, it is more of an action platformer
Sports Trivia

Also most Japanese only (as in exclusive, not as in made) and American games made after 1991 are GG only.