PDA

View Full Version : The official GAME GEAR thread

ShadowHawk
06-23-2011, 01:00 AM
My two favorite games for GG are

1. Defenders of Oasis. I spent more money on batteries than on the actual game back in the mid 90s when I beat this game. Luckily got a charger halfway through the game

2. Ax Battler, I love action RpGS

Guntz
06-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Legend of Illusion is a fantastic game. One of the many reasons to eat one's pride, buy a Game Gear and replace the caps.

ShadowHawk
06-23-2011, 02:39 AM
replace your self

Sylvan Tale is awesome too. I have the english version

Guntz
06-23-2011, 03:03 AM
replace your self

Sylvan Tale is awesome too. I have the english version

Do you know how many complain about the video and sound of the Game Gear? All it takes is a fresh set of caps, but everybody is too lazy to grab a soldering iron. It's much easier to just bitch about how bad the Gear Gear is.

Kamahl
06-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Ax Battler is a really poor game.

Defenders of Oasis however is very good.

Sylvan tale is EXCELLENT.

EDIT: Wait.. Game Gear? xDragonWarrior why are you using ShadowHawk's account?

ShadowHawk
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
plz dont compare me to others, or else GUNTZ will mark me for moderation

Baloo
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I like the Game Gear. It's got some decent games, and was my very first handheld. Love the Sonics, the Disney games, and some of the ports are good too. Love Streets of Rage 2, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, etc.

Shame there aren't more REALLY awesome games. Game Gear hasn't aged well due to the fact that everything on it just about can be played better elsewhere.

SpaceFlea
06-23-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm surprised it took so many new threads before you started a Game Gear related one. And where is the official Wonder Swan thread too. :p

C'mon now, you're holdin' up the boat.

Guntz
06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
plz dont compare me to others, or else GUNTZ will mark me for moderation

Believe it or not, I only marked two posts the past few days. One for a clearly offensive post (comprised of 3 characters) and the other for Knuckle Duster. Ask Rusty Venture and he'll tell you the same. (unless he has something against me...)

Also, pay no heed to the others if you find them offensive. We had a poster here called xDragonWarrior (who made one or two successor accounts) who did nothing but spam the forum with thread after thread. One of his favorite systems to post 30 threads a day about was the Game Gear. Quite an insult actually, because the Game Gear is a fantastic machine. IIRC, the first thread he made was asking for help with his Transformers homebrew for GG.

Nick16
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I didn't get to play too many when I owned one, but I liked:

-Shining Force
-Tails' Adventure
-Crystal Warriors

DarkDragon
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I had a lot of fun with it but its kind of difficult for me to play these games now because as someone said above a lot of the games are better on other platforms. My biggest regrets are not being able to buy the Mega Man game and also I'm kinda miffed we only got 1 of the 3 Shining Forces' released over here.