PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone. Have stuff to swap/looking for Genesis games

Rastan
11-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone. :) First off, it's VERY cool (especially for an 'old guy' like me...;) ) to know that there is a site DEDICATED to the Genesis! My best friend Jim and I went in on a Genesis model 1 about 17 years ago...paying roughly $80 each at the local Ames store. lol. Yup...I'll never forget it...we got Altered Beast with the system, and played that damned game for WEEKS. :cool: "Power UP!!" Anyhow, it is my opinion that so many of the games from those "glory days" absolutely ROCKED....probably due to the fact that the designers couldnt rely solely on flashy graphics and had to actually focus on quality CONTENT....but thats another rant. ;) I just acquired the awesome Nomad system, and am in need of Genesis carts. (cursing himself now for passing over those bins at flea markets where games like Lightning Force and the Phantasy Star series sat for $1 each...rrrrrrrrrrr) I'm into quality games, just no sports titles please. :p Also, whats this I hear about the rechargable battery for the Nomad? that "Mi-Cad" or whatever its called, like the one for GameBoy Advance? anyhow, I have loads to swap, and a bit of $$$ as well. I'm looking forward to many prosperous swaps here, and hopefully the meeting of many cool cats as well.
Later for now...
:)

-JD

Genesis Knight
11-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome to Sega-16! May your stay refresh you for your journey, O mighty traveller! (Just 50 golds for a night's rest!) ;)

I believe the rechargeable battery would be Ni-Cad, and if I remember right it offers less charge time than the AAs... More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Nomad

And what do you have to swap? I'm always open to a fair trade.

nik
11-04-2006, 12:53 PM
You should make a list of your games that you are willing to trade or sell, and then, make a list of your wanted games!

Rastan
11-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome Knight. :) I'll look into that battery. I just scored a Nomad with a few TINY hair scratches on the screen for $30....did I get a good deal or get robbed?
Anyhow, here are some games I have:

(As far as GB and GBA, I tried not to buy crap, so they are all good ones...(well, for the most part...lol..;) )

GameBoy:

Super MarioLand (the original)
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Pinball
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
Dracula Crazy Vampire
Deja Vu 1&2
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Spider Man (animated series logo)
NES Golf
Fist of North Star

GameBoy Advance:

Mario Pinball Land
Rocket Power
Megaman & Bass
Metroid Fusion
WarioLand 4
DragonBall Z: Taiketsu

GameGear

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
George Foreman's KO Boxing

Virtual Boy

Verticle Force (Japanese)
Mario's Tennis
3-D Tetris
Jump Panibomb (Japanese game)

.....I also have about 30 Atari Lynx games, but they are in my storage unit hundreds of miles from me. I will be going there within a few months though. Also, I have another handful or two of GG and VB games. I also have some NES games here with me....hard to find ones like VideoMation and Monopoly.

-JD

Genesis Knight
11-04-2006, 08:07 PM
The seller got owned on that Nomad, never fear. :)

Rastan
11-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Knight,

Forgive my "newbieness" here, ;) but what do you mean he got "owned"? My girl tells me she THINKS it means (her words here..) that he "played the bitch in the deal"
;) :D

-JD

nik
11-05-2006, 02:19 AM
30$ is a good deal on a clean condition nomad

Ski_Dude_Andy
11-05-2006, 04:23 PM
would you be willing on selling any over trading?

Rastan
11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Sure Ski.....shoot me some offers.

-JD

Genesis Knight
11-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Hmm... I use such terminology without much thought as to its origin. To my knowledge, 'owned' means that he got the bad end of the deal. Which means you got the good side.

I'd always though the phrase originated from the online gaming culture, personally.

nik
11-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Don't go exhausting your vocabulary now guys, it makes for bad breath..

Genesis Knight
11-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't worry, I carry Tic-Tacs with me at all times.