PDA

View Full Version : Super Bubble Bobble for the Sega Genesis ( Yes it exists ! )

danielscheil
08-10-2005, 04:44 AM
http://www.genesiscollective.com/ShowPage.php?GameLink=1118

here ist the link to get ingame pictures !

thats a very rare game

Drixxel
08-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh those kooky Hong Kong bootleggers..
That actually looks pretty neat. I mean, can there be too much Bubble Bobble in this world? I think not.

j_factor
08-10-2005, 02:10 PM
It's actually pretty well-done, from what I've heard.

The Genesis port of Rainbow Islands is amazing. It's too bad we never saw Parasol Stars on it.

lordofduct
08-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Why the hell is it that the SegaSaturn Collection of Bubble bobble only had Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Island. AND the game look like the NES (its been a little while since I played the SS version... but I remember it looking like the NES one and not even the SMS one.)

danielscheil
08-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Note the game we talk is a illegal hong kong kopie ! no licensec from sega... like duke nukem or tekken (tec toy)

but ist still genial ! :P

ary incorparated
12-29-2005, 05:47 PM
tec toy is individual but doesnt make only make illegal,BTW this game isnt illegal.You also got a tec toy port of yu Yu hakusho battle in brazilie.

David J.
12-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Uh, yes it is illegal. Tectoy had a license, while these bootlegers didn't.

ary incorparated
12-30-2005, 07:45 AM
uuuh oke,but what cares,who wants this game anyways,Such graphics for a genesis,no thanx,BTW Duke nukem was also ugly as hell.But tec toy isnt in the illegal al the way,they make official game like gunstar etc for mastersystem.Why did they make games for the old mastersystem come on nobody was waiting for that,Gunstar on master system is good but not as good as the origanal,why didnt tec toy maked games for gennises instead then for the ill fated sms,Oke gamegear was good but also a bit impossible to do the impossible like porting straat fighter 2 for the master system,it doesnt belong on mastersystem GG i maybe agree if they ported more games for that system(its handheld and better).

David J.
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Gunstar Heroes for SMS was a fake. Why did Tectoy make MS games in Brazil? Simple. It was a popular system there, and due to the country having a weak(er) economy, it was cheap so most people could afford the system.

Gamegear bombed there, and most people couldn't afford a Megadrive. Street Fighter 2 for the MS, and Duke 3D for the MD might not be pretty, but they are pretty neat collector items.

ary incorparated
12-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Thats right.Didnt knew that much about tec toy,But they did official releases,didnt they like the yu yu hakusho battle game,It was legall right.BTW the gamegear did not bom in europe but still it is a superior handheld for its time with very nice and fun games like Sonic triple trouble etc,if you ask me it is way better than GBC.I loved the tv tuner for it,it couldn recieve much cahnels but stil it was fun because i could play my megadrive on gamegear.I connected a coax cabel to a stereo plug,and that way i could recieve way more chanels because i just could plug it on the cabel at home or elsewhere,I also could connect the megadrive RF switch to the coax end and put bold adaptors in the socket and play,Kinda like nomad but a bit more complicated. :D

ary incorparated
12-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey it does exist officially ,BTW tec toy far away from fake,Gunstar isnt fake on sms neither is rainbow island.It gives the feeling of that but it isnt,Tec toy couldnt do that as a official independend company,they where close to the fire so if they did something wrong,tehy gett whiped by sega,offcourse sega knew them very well.

David J.
12-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Rainbow Islands was released on the SMS in Europe. How is it fake?

Alright, MAIL me a copy of Gunstar Heroes for the SMS, it never was released. That EBay auction was a joke auction.

Tectoy didn't get in "trouble" by sega.

ary incorparated
12-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Allright.if i can find it.BTW my friend tells tec toy isnt fake,I began doubting but i also think it isn fake neither is buble boble.I go search for it,Maybe better if i see it i buy it for prove and test if its a bootleg.

ary incorparated
12-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Rainbow Islands was released on the SMS in Europe. How is it fake?

Alright, MAIL me a copy of Gunstar Heroes for the SMS, it never was released. That EBay auction was a joke auction.

Tectoy didn't get in "trouble" by sega.

here i got some, pics,Couldn find some tiltes,couldn find gunstar for the mastersystem on the net,exept that it just was seld for 225$ on ebay.I got pictures of the real Street fighter 2 for mstarsystem(i got that one to)Here enjoy,thats what i could find :D.David how can i mail you picks.Tec toy isnt illegal.if where freelancer i would have interviewd em" and sure asked about hardware built in the cartridges.

David J.
12-31-2005, 12:52 PM
That Gunstar on Ebay was a hoax, the person who created the auction had next to zero feedback, and the person who won it had none.

ary incorparated
12-31-2005, 01:14 PM
Ive seen that one,But this was a other one,sure it really exist,when i tell to my that gunstar is fake he would lough at me,besides he is a freelancer so he probably could knw.BTW tectoy isnt fake,www.tectoy.com.Actually they rule for bringing games that some people loved to see on master systrem and gamegear.tectoy was there,but megadrive releases are pathetic,come on duke 3d,that one is rare but discusting.How could i sent you the pics,check www.wavegames.com for GG gunstar heroes. :D

CMA Death Adder
01-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Super Bubble Bobble MD is an unlicensed Megadrive game produced in Taiwan by an as-of-yet unnamed company who also produced a Rescue Rangers clone called Squirrel King (which was later hacked into a Super Mario game for the MD).

The game features four playable characters: Bub, a female version of Bub, Crayon Shin-Chan and Doraemon. Graphics are very good, gameplay is sub-par as with many Taiwan originals. The game is very difficult and features some rather annoying bosses and a slapped-on end sequence.

The game actually isn't so rare, at least in the proper Taiwan markets, usually selling for $1-$6 a copy. Outside of Taiwan though, good luck finding it.

The ROM image is heavily circulated and rather easy to locate (no, I won't give you a copy or tell you where to go to find one), but a copy protection work-around must be placed in the emulator's memory in the form of a Game Genie code before it can be played. Otherwise, the game shrieks hideously and refuses to start correctly. Lovely copy protection methods these people devise, wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, some of the game's music is tolerable, and features some covers of Bubble Bobble and Bubble Bobble 2 music on the Megadrive, so you may enjoy checking it out. I've ripped the soundtrack to VGM format and it can be downloaded from the Project YM2612 website:

http://project2612.org/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=141

Happy new year, all you fellows and fellow-ettes.

ary incorparated
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
the same ,altough its already past,but still

ary incorparated
05-05-2006, 09:17 PM
say but GG Gunstar heroes defnitly exist,ill give it youre way then to end a discussion i dont want to gett rude and hostile cause the battle about whos wright or wrong the auction i saw wasnt the hoax it had feedback but no probe maybe its a slapped together homebrew or a cartridge with the gunstar label slapped on it itt all could anticipate the unknown facts.But serious Duke nukem sucked ass hard on MD could been done like twice times better no maybe even surpassing thatmwe know the hardware has been pushed so.Check www.newdoom-forums for the homebrewn doom for genesis.

Zebbe
05-06-2006, 05:20 AM
http://www.mobygames.com/game/game-gear/gunstar-heroes

Is the Brazilian version of Yuu Yuu Hakusho rare and worth getting? The controls seem so hard in that game.

ary incorparated
05-06-2006, 11:22 AM
the brazinlian version of what Yu Yu hakusho Makyo tissen battle? or 2 or a gamegear version?.

David J.
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Gunstar Heroes exists on the Game Gear yes, I know that, I've known it since 1998 or so. Not the Sega Master System.

The Yu Yu game on the Megadrive is the fighting one. I really like the RPG one and wish it was translated, it had some amazing music.

Zebbe
05-06-2006, 03:51 PM
the brazinlian version of what Yu Yu hakusho Makyo tissen battle? or 2 or a gamegear version?.

The Mega Drive fighter.

ary incorparated
05-06-2006, 08:56 PM
ahh oke cool,the fighting game i surpose,same as japan only with other text i think never played it the brazilian one only the Jap one and i like it very much only i dont know how all the specials go,the snes ones are not as good i think.

Flash1087
05-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Wait...what's that about a bootleg Duke Nukem 3D port?

David J.
05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
It's not a bootleg. Tectoy licensed the Zero Tollerence engine and turned it in to Duke Nukem 3D, and it's shit. But cool to see. Nothing like the PC game to be honest.

ary incorparated
05-07-2006, 05:12 PM
it isnt even cool to see,ive seen the first level Yuck thats just true uglyness,if you want quality and pushed genesis software Panorama cotton that pushes the system but duke nukem like sead noooo absolutly not dont go and tell me it is like panorama cotton if let me know or see with a screenshot.

ary incorparated
05-09-2006, 08:03 PM
but i think you meen the aspect and the cart itself i surpose.

kallbrand
08-15-2006, 03:33 AM
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r29017858

bubble bobble MD

;)

winona
08-15-2006, 03:52 AM
Also, the "scrrenshots" on the back of the box were not the same size as your normal sms screen.

Other fakes include thunder cats & Primal rage.

Other games rumored to exist are: Doraemon, Captain Planet, Maze Hunter 3-D II, but they have never been proven to exist.