PDA

View Full Version : Untranslated Saturn Games: Most wanted?

Jeckidy
03-07-2014, 05:20 AM
As I get better at understanding japanese, I find myself able to dig a bit deeper into some of these untranslated, text-driven titles. While I'm not totally 'there' yet, it would be interesting to get some volunteers to document some of these imports for the community.

Now I want to know, what untranslated text-centric games for Saturn were considered among the system's best? I know many will say SF3's latter episodes but I think there's already enough interested in them to the point that they will likely be translated eventually. I would like to hunt for any exclusives that were considered essential. Many of them were already on PS1 with some being either better or worse technically and/or content-wise. But we're talking exclusives, here.

Some that come to mind:

-Grandia
Considered superior in mostly technical terms to the PS1 version, also had the Digital Museum expansion which has created more demand.

-Sakura Wars
One of the installments did see a release stateside on PS2, yet the original remains untranslated. Often considered one of the system's quintessential hits.

-Sentimental Graffiti
This is another that makes up the so-called 'holy trinity' of dating sims (the other two being Memories Off and Tokimeki Memorial). I own this one as well as the Dreamcast sequel, mainly because of its popularity and influence in the genre. Like Grandia, the Saturn original which included an expansion disc, is considered the best. Look forward to exploring it eventually.

-Tengai Makyo: The Apocalypse IV
Another one that was well recieved in Japan but largely ignored by western gamers even now because of the series' relative obscurity in the west. I haven't played any of them myself but I always hear alot of praise for them.

Let me know what else.

netpredakonn
03-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Actually, all the SF3 Scenarios have already been translated, no need to worry about that ;)

Dragon Force II would be a nice addition to your list. The first one was great, and there is no reason for them not to translate it.

Kamahl
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Grandia and Dragon Force 2 for me.

Doppelgamer
03-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Assault Suits Leynos 2
Dragon Force II
Grandia
Gungriffon
Langrisser III
Langrisser IV
Langrisser V
Princess Crown (Being translated last I read.)

Obviously
03-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Assault Suit Leynos 2

Yeah it's perfectly playable without the translation but I want to see it anyway. Also it wouldn't be as extreme an undertaking as the RPGs and text heavy games.