PDA

View Full Version : Happy 15th birthday, Dreamcast!

IrishNinja
09-09-2014, 05:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eSok2DP.jpg

15 years since 9/9/99 - how're ya'll gonna celebrate? I'm thinking Rez, JGR & Toy Commander.

ComradeOj
09-09-2014, 07:09 AM
I was going to play seaman, but I still don't have the mic.

So Skies of Arcadia and typing of the dead it is! Maybe some spirit of speed 1937 just for fun.

SpaceFlea
09-09-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna curl up into a ball with a half-gallon of ice cream and cry.

midnightrider
09-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Well, it's not a console I can enjoy anymore, but I have my memories.

I often think my favorite SNES, well SFamicom really, game is Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium, because I spent more time with that game than RPGeeks had spent with that genre. I was really into watching wrestling around the time I found the game had a fan translation, and I even found a separate page by one of the translators/hackers, with even more complete patches, and a program that could hack the SRAM. I've probably forgotten too much, but I was pretty decent with DOS at the time. Helps when a whole generation of gaming for you is a PC, I guess.

Well, I imported just about every wrestling game the Dreamcast had. If I spent that much time with Super XP, you can bet your ass I put even more time into Fire Pro Wrestling D. There were times when I was done with pretty much every other Dreamcast game I had, like I knew I was never going to touch them again, and I'd still be playing the Dreamcast specifically for another round of FPD.

Grandia 2, in spite of it's cut scenes, which thankfully are generally brief, and few, is an RPG that I know I can play again, in spite of how I feel about that genre now. Truthfully, I may like it even more than Chrono Trigger. If there's another RPG created for the Genesis, I would actually like to see it done Grandia style. Enemies you can see and a frantic, in spite of being turn based, battle system. Heh, even though I hadn't seen that animation in over a decade, I instantly recognized Leonardo the instant Ryudo spoke :p.

Loved the arcade ports, Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2, Soul Calibur, etc. To me, it feels like the Dreamcast was the last time you played games specifically for the fun of it, instead of watching a story unfold, or whatever.

It wasn't the Dreamcast that put me off to disc consoles, but it still has the same issues as the rest. Still, I wouldn't say I ever regretted having one, or 2, after the laser eye died in the first...

Lastcallhall
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I think I'm going to have to find some time today to play a little Sword of the Berserk. Happy 15th, DC!

sheath
09-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Hmm, Berserk sounds nice, Zoddo the Immortal has been taunting me lately. For launch day reminiscence, I think I'll log a couple of races in Tokyo Xtreme Racer, and maybe give Sonic a play through in Sonic Adventure before letting the kid lose at Powerstone. All in upscaled 1080i thanks to the VGA box and Impact Acoustics VGA to Component converter of course. Which reminds me, I started playing through Air Force Delta in poor old 480i a while back and never picked it back up.

Da_Shocker
09-09-2014, 12:22 PM
15 fuckin years. The DC is the only system that I have ever pre-ordered in my entire life.

Modelboard4
09-09-2014, 12:52 PM
15 fuckin years. The DC is the only system that I have ever pre-ordered in my entire life.

I ended up buying it twice, virtua tennis was brilliant, how can hitting a ball be so much fun

Bottino
09-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Now, I'm obligated to crush some skulls in Dynamite Cop tonight and perhaps some CRAZY TAXI!

Guntz
09-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Today is a glorious day.

What to play in celebration though... Man that's hard, there's at least 30 great games to choose from, or more. Maybe I'll go with Sonic Adventure 2 or Typing of the Dead... Or Jet Grind Radio or Dynamite Cop.

MaxWar
09-09-2014, 04:37 PM
I just purchased Shenmue

Bottino
09-09-2014, 04:55 PM
I just purchased Shenmue
http://blog.americansoda.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/chuck.jpg

Lan Di
09-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I just purchased Shenmue

Good man! Don't forget Shenmue 2! :mrgreen:

The Dreamcast was a console with massive potential, but piss poor management, the GDROM ( piracy's wet dream come true), lack of DVD ROM gave it a fast death to the Dreamcast and any chance of future Sega hardware.

Long live Sammy the pachinko company DBA Sega. :furious::censored::bang:

Gogogadget
09-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Recently bought Shenmue, no case for 10.

Would buy Shenmue II... but Xbox.

sheath
09-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Alright, well, I'm trying to game like it's 9.9.1999 with two boys in the house. Tokyo Xtreme Racer was up first, I loaded up my 10+ year old game completed save file and crashed the hell out of my NSX for a while before deciding to tweak some settings to my more current expectations of car handling. Anyway, the video will be up whenever it is up, as always my local ISP choices are slim and limit me to 1Mbit/sec upload speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sogpw61mQQg

Based on my upload lack-of-speed it looks like I'm going to make a week of it, which is cool because that is basically what I did after buying my Dreamcast at launch. I fondly remember delivering pizza all day and coming home, only to have my roomates hand my ass to me in Hydro Thunder or whatever other racing game they played all day. Next up, Sonic Adventure because Chaos needs a little love from pre-weirdo era Sonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCxI0xDhCUo

retrospiel
09-09-2014, 08:17 PM
xj3bMi_UVbM

Happy 15th birthday, American Dreamcast.

sketch
09-09-2014, 09:23 PM
It's a bittersweet day, for sure. Ah, what could have been! It was a great ride while it lasted. I have many fond memories of the DC.

Lan Di
09-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Recently bought Shenmue, no case for 10.

Would buy Shenmue II... but Xbox.

I'm sure you of all people are aware of the EU release for the Dreamcast. Link--->http://segaretro.org/Shenmue_II

Yharnamresident
09-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Good man! Don't forget Shenmue 2! :mrgreen:

The Dreamcast was a console with massive potential, but piss poor management, the GDROM ( piracy's wet dream come true), lack of DVD ROM gave it a fast death to the Dreamcast and any chance of future Sega hardware.

And the crappy controller thats crappy in almost every aspect. Besides superb triggers.

Alright, well, I'm trying to game like it's 9.9.1999 with two boys in the house. Tokyo Xtreme Racer was up first, I loaded up my 10+ year old game completed save file and crashed the hell out of my NSX for a while before deciding to tweak some settings to my more current expectations of car handling. Anyway, the video will be up whenever it is up, as always my local ISP choices are slim and limit me to 1Mbit/sec upload speed.

Based on my upload lack-of-speed it looks like I'm going to make a week of it, which is cool because that is basically what I did after buying my Dreamcast at launch. I fondly remember delivering pizza all day and coming home, only to have my roomates hand my ass to me in Hydro Thunder or whatever other racing game they played all day. Next up, Sonic Adventure because Chaos needs a little love from pre-weirdo era Sonic.

sheath always knows how to make a thread more awesome

MaxWar
09-10-2014, 01:47 AM
I paid 9.50$ for Shenmue in replacement case. Wont receive it until a bit later though.
In the meantime do you guys think I should unseal this? I actually dare not... o_o
http://i.imgur.com/iLwM26th.jpg

Yharnamresident
09-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Fucken disgusts me, I entered "Sturmwind" into Google and got the following search suggestions:

- sturmwind dreamcast
- sturmwind iso
- sturmwind cdi
- sturmwind review
- sturmwind rom
- sturmwind download

Mpavlic1018
09-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Sadly, the only thing I use my Dreamcast for anymore is a CD i have will NES and SNES games on it. I've been getting back into old game collecting again, but I (right now at least) don't have much interest in anything past Sega CD. The Dreamcast was a great system at the time. I bought it on the day it came out 9/9/99 and I think I only had HOTD 2 (with the gun!) and either Sonic or maybe it was NFL2k. The end of an era for Sega, console wise.

EclecticGroove
09-10-2014, 10:33 AM
The DC was awesome. I had soooo many games for it, and it wasn't until well after it's market death that any other system managed to have enough games on it to start pulling me away from it. The PS2 sure as hell didn't offer enough to make me stay away from the DC for quite some time, and the MS/Nintendo systems didn't either.

I still have my US launch system (I did replace the shell with a translucent blue one however). And today it's a bit of a mixed bag. There were just so many interesting and unique games on the system, it really stood out... but at this point a good number of those have either been ported to other systems, or have had sequels made on them. In a way the system itself has been increasingly marginalized as time goes on. At one point you needed to have a DC to play all of these games, these days you would only need it if you wanted to see where some of them came from/started. There's less and less on it that is only available there.

midnightrider
09-10-2014, 11:56 AM
^How many of those ports are physical copies?

sheath
09-10-2014, 11:59 AM
I keep my original Xbox hooked up because of the handful of games that won't play on the 360, the Dreamcast has way more exclusives, or games that play best on DC, than that non-BC list. I even have a PS1 hooked up on the same shelf as my PS2 even though I still haven't found the supposed bugs and incompatibilities of PS1 games on PS2.

Finally, I've at least demoed Dreamcast releases on other platforms and on 360 XBLA and I generally prefer the originals to the ports or remakes. The only 360 versions I've bought were so I could play them on Xbox Live with my college buddies. I always end up wishing I could hook up a Dreamcast gamepad, but my Hori joystick sometimes helps.

EclecticGroove
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I keep my original Xbox hooked up because of the handful of games that won't play on the 360, the Dreamcast has way more exclusives, or games that play best on DC, than that non-BC list. I even have a PS1 hooked up on the same shelf as my PS2 even though I still haven't found the supposed bugs and incompatibilities of PS1 games on PS2.

Finally, I've at least demoed Dreamcast releases on other platforms and on 360 XBLA and I generally prefer the originals to the ports or remakes. The only 360 versions I've bought were so I could play them on Xbox Live with my college buddies. I always end up wishing I could hook up a Dreamcast gamepad, but my Hori joystick sometimes helps.

Oh I agree, most of the ports are... "ok" at best. I tried the SA XBLA release and it looked ok, but was buggy as hell. I could barely get past the first stage because Sonic kept falling through the geometry at one point or another.

But none the less, a good number of the games are available, making the ownership of a DC a fair bit less required. Much like the oXbox. You can play most of the games on the 360, but they always play better on the original system.

mrbigreddog
09-10-2014, 12:45 PM
CAPCOM tweeted about the 15th Anniversary of Dreamcast!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/581x308q90/537/fO85i2.jpg (https://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity/status/509715877101457408)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/09/09/capcom-on-the-dreamcast---15-years-later

Nice of them!

midnightrider
09-10-2014, 01:23 PM
I made a list of games still exclusive to the Dreamcast, good or bad, mainly North American region, with what little I could remember from Japan:

4 Wheel Thunder
AeroWings
AeroWings 2: Air Strike
Alien Front Online
Armada
Blue Stinger
Charge 'N Blast
Cannon Spike
Carrier
CART Flag to Flag
Confidential Mission
Cyber Troopers Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
D2
Death Crimson OX
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm
Dynamite Cop!
Elemental Gimmick Gear
Fire ProWrestling D [Japan exclusive]
Floigan Bros. Episode 1
Giant Gram 2000: All-Japan Pro Wrestling 3 [Japan exclusive]
Giga Wing
Giga Wing 2
Godzilla Generations [Japan exclusive]
Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact [Japan exclusive]
Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes
Heavy Metal: Geomatrix
Illbleed
Mag Force Racing
Mars Matrix
Metropolis Street Racer
NBA 2K
NBA 2K1
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K2
New Japan Pro Wrestling: Toukon Retsuden 4 [Japan exclusive]
NFL 2K
NFL 2K1
NFL 2K2
NHL 2K
NHL 2K2
Ooga Booga
Outtrigger
Pen Pen TriIcelon
Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein
POD: Speedzone
Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights
Project Justice
Psychic Force 2012
Record of Lodoss War: Advent of Cardice
Red Dog: Superior Firepower
Rippin' Riders
Segagaga [Japan exclusive]
Seventh Cross Evolution
Shenmue
Sonic Shuffle
Soul Fighter
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Speed Devils
Speed Devils Online Racing
Spirit of Speed 1937
Sports Jam
Street Fighter III: Double Impact (3rd Strike may have been ported elsewhere, but the first 2 revisions, for how slightly different they are, haven't been)
Super Magnetic Neo
Super Runabout: San Francisco Edition
Surf Rocket Racers
Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
Tech Romancer
Tennis 2K2
Test Drive V-Rally
Time Stalkers
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
Toy Commander
Virtua Athlete 2000
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Virtua Striker 2
Wild Metal
World Series Baseball 2K1
World Series Baseball 2K2
WWF Royal Rumble
Zombie Revenge

Cannon Spike, Dynamite Cop!, Elemental Gimmick Gear, The Godzilla games(or at least Maximum Impact), Heavy Metal, Spawn, Time Stalkers, Zombie Revenge, and all the wrestling games(yes even Royal Rumble), and some of the others still in that list, would still make the console worthwhile to me.

sheath
09-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero is TXR2 on the PS2. Virtual On Oratario Tangram is on XBLA and I presume PSN, I'm pretty sure there is no physical release though. Since it doesn't play quite right with modern gamepads and I doubt there were Twin Sticks released, the Dreamcast version of Oratario Tangram is still the definitive release.

Are all of the new tracks in Dreamcast Daytona in the XBLA version?

mrbigreddog
09-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Mortal Kombat GOLD was exclusive as well! Still one of my FAVORITE games!

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mY79SduM0C92G00WAH7KZeQ.jpg

midnightrider
09-10-2014, 01:55 PM
^It was basically MK4 with some exclusives, though. I'm not thoroughly familiar with a lot of what I have posted in that list, mostly just went by GameFAQs listing, for all the accuracy you can expect there...

mrbigreddog
09-10-2014, 01:59 PM
^It was basically MK4 with some exclusives, though. I'm not thoroughly familiar with a lot of what I have posted in that list, mostly just went by GameFAQs listing, for all the accuracy you can expect there...

True but exclusives it did have and no other system or pc had MKGold! It was also quite a huge jump in graphics from the PS1 & N64 version of MK4. So there is that too.

sheath
09-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I don't think any version of San Francisco Rush 2049 has the Combat and Stunt modes intact.

Gogogadget
09-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm sure you of all people are aware of the EU release for the Dreamcast. Link--->http://segaretro.org/Shenmue_II

I was well aware of the EU release for the Dreamcast, but what I was saying was... I already own Shenmue II on Xbox, I kinda want the DC version but having trouble justifying buying a 40 game I already own because it's on a different console, if you get me.

Modelboard4
09-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero is TXR2 on the PS2. Virtual On Oratario Tangram is on XBLA and I presume PSN, I'm pretty sure there is no physical release though. Since it doesn't play quite right with modern gamepads and I doubt there were Twin Sticks released, the Dreamcast version of Oratario Tangram is still the definitive release.

Are all of the new tracks in Dreamcast Daytona in the XBLA version?

I had it about a year and half ago, and the version I brought seemed to be a straight port of the arcade but with online play, maybe your talking about a newer/different version as their always updating the games on there

Modelboard4
09-10-2014, 02:13 PM
I was well aware of the EU release for the Dreamcast, but what I was saying was... I already own Shenmue II on Xbox, I kinda want the DC version but having trouble justifying buying a 40 game I already own because it's on a different console, if you get me.

the xbox version is better from what I remember reading, less fogging when walking around, and unless its a mind sealed copy which it wont be, don't waste your money, that's the point when you start to become a horder

Gogogadget
09-10-2014, 03:03 PM
the xbox version is better from what I remember reading, less fogging when walking around, and unless its a mind sealed copy which it wont be, don't waste your money, that's the point when you start to become a horder

Dreamcast version apparently has slightly sharper models and textures, Xbox version has less fogging and more models displayed in town, the Dreamcast version only has Japanese voice acting too.

Neither differences are enough to really say one is the definitive version, however the Xbox version is NA only (my Xbox is region-free) and the Dreamcast version is EU and JP only.

EDIT: Xbox version was released in EU too, nvm.

Lan Di
09-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I have the Xbox version as well. The Dreamcast version will recognize the Shenmue 1 saves. No chance of that with the Xbox version. :(

And to add to that, if I did import the EU version, it would not recognize my NA game save.

sheath
09-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I was pretty sure there were ways to modify US Shenmue 1 save files for the EU version. I just never bothered to try it. I'm not even sure I have my old ISA Nexus Memory Unit add-on so I can save an adapted file back to my actual Memory Card.

Bottino
09-10-2014, 06:15 PM
- snip -

Frame Gride is also a JPN exclusive to the Dreamcast and i strongly recommend it. It was also completely translated recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDESf68Fqg

Napple Tale: Alisia in Daydream is another DC exclusive and a must-have IMO...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGk3Le8OwKQ

.... as is Puyo Puyo Fever, which was the last SEGA game released for the 128 beast ( JPN exclusive, but has the option for English language ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgHuK3WRJQ

Your list is also missing Maken X, another DC exclusive with a western release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRGU_wYWHM

There's also Propeller Arena, a dog-fight game that was developed and completed by SEGA AM2 but it was never released, but the complete game was leaked and is available for download.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z29U6kc6hI

-EDIT-

I forgot to mention that the Soundtrack of Napple Tale: Alisia in Daydream was composed by Yoko Kanno, which took part in creating the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack along with The Seatbelts. Hot stuff.

-EDIT34-

Cosmic Smash, another exclusive Arcade port for the DC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFdj4coQrIs

It's also worth mentioning that the What's Shenmue Demo has been also translated recently.
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2274/

-EDIT2455-

Fighting Vipers 2 is also a DC exclusive ( released in Europe and Japan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vduiJzOT5A

midnightrider
09-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I didn't say it was definitive list, just went through what I could find at GameFAQs.

Bottino
09-10-2014, 06:37 PM
I didn't say it was definitive list, just went through what I could find at GameFAQs.

Oh, i know. It's just that i can't resist talking about the Dreamcast :)

stu
09-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I came across this article on US Gamer, its a look back on the Dreamcast and some of it's best games in the various genres. I thought it might be of interest.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/what-if-dreamcast-had-won

Quote from the last part of the article:

""The Dreamcast was a beautiful star that burned out too soon," mourns Williams. But not too soon to build an impressive library of top-notch games and establish a loyal fanbase that gathers every Sept. 9 to mourn what might have been."

KnightWarrior
09-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Happy Birthday DC

Bottino
09-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Even though this isn't a DC exclusive anymore ( you can now download the PC version for free here (http://www.wind-water.net/) ), Wind and Water: Puzzle is a superb indie puzzle game that's definitely worth a look.
I can safely say that's one of the best puzzle games that I've ever played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHRQ_mPhxo

TailsCD
09-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm a day late, but Happy birthday Dreamcast!

My favorite Dreamcast game is Sonic Adventure followed by Crazy Taxi.

KitsuneNight
09-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I have the Xbox version as well. The Dreamcast version will recognize the Shenmue 1 saves. No chance of that with the Xbox version. :(

And to add to that, if I did import the EU version, it would not recognize my NA game save.

i finally have a reliable xbox again so i can actually play shenmue II

Lan Di
09-10-2014, 09:20 PM
i finally have a reliable xbox again so i can actually play shenmue II

Good deal. Shenmue II for the Xbox is dirt cheap on both ebay and Amazon Market Place.

KitsuneNight
09-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Good deal. Shenmue II for the Xbox is dirt cheap on both ebay and Amazon Market Place.

i have had xbox shenmue II for a while now but my xboxes have been uniformly flakey
ythe first one doesnt read any games at all any more

the second one does but only when it feels like it and throws up this disc might be dirty or damaged errors at random
usually just before you tell your self you really really need to save
it even did this with a new old stock game i broke the seal on it myself

my third xbox has a samsung drive ( and there was much rejoicing ) and plays everything i throw at it excellent so far the only prbolem with it is that the tray at times wont open but thats what the manual eject button is for
(small hole on the front reachable with a paperclip )

Yharnamresident
09-11-2014, 09:59 PM
.... as is Puyo Puyo Fever, which was the last SEGA game released for the 128 beast ( JPN exclusive, but has the option for English language ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgHuK3WRJQ

That game is significant not because its the last game Sega released, but because its the only game released on 6th gen completely (Dreamcast port, PS2 port, Xbox port, GameCube port).

Well I guess the game is significant altogether.

fruitsofherwomb
09-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Did a nice retrospect article on it:
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/09/09/dreamcasts-15th-anniversary-the-life-death-and-rebirth-of-a-classic-console/

Its hard to believe that its been 15 years since a SEGA console launch :( .

retrospiel
09-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Here's some more info on Peter Moore's "involvement":
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26364-Former-Sega-VP-has-passed-away

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/132517/the_rise_and_fall_of_the_dreamcast.php?page=7

Moore's Manifesto of the Future

In September 2000, well before the year's biggest sales months had taken place, Peter Moore and Charles Bellfield wrote a report called the "Manifesto of the Future," which they presented to all of Sega of Japanese executives and the studio heads in Japan, including creative heavyweights such as Yu Suzuki (AM2), Yuji Naka (Sonic Team), Rikiya Nakagawa (AM1/Wow Entertainment) and Toshihiro Nagoshi (AM4/Ausement Vision) among others.

"As you can imagine, what was happening was that we were very close to the business," said Moore. "The writing ultimately was on the wall regarding the challenges to sustain the hardware business in the face of the financial difficulties Sega had at the time and the impending launch of the PS2. So we went over there as responsible business people should do and presented what was going on in North America."

"I remember it like it was yesterday," said Bellfield. "We presented a strategy in September 2000 that said we were not viable as a hardware player in the States beyond Christmas 2000 and that we needed to get out of the hardware business. That meeting was the first time Japan had ever heard that we could not be successful against the power of Microsoft, who had not yet announced their intention to come into the space, but we knew they were."

"They were hearing from the one region, the US, that had been successful with the Dreamcast launch, that the future of the Dreamcast was not going to be rosy. North America was the one lifeline that they had left -- that maybe success in the US would allow them to bridge doing another hardware platform, or to extend the life of this platform, or allow it to be reinvented in Japan and Europe."

"When we told them that staying in the hardware business was not our advice, the next thing that happened was all of the heads of all the studios got up and walked out without saying a word. That, in the Japanese culture, is pretty rude. But they were shocked."

IrishNinja
09-12-2014, 06:32 AM
yeah, Moore's tweets were also pretty classy about the event

Did a nice retrospect article on it:
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/09/09/dreamcasts-15th-anniversary-the-life-death-and-rebirth-of-a-classic-console/

Its hard to believe that its been 15 years since a SEGA console launch :( .

just wanted to say: you guys did a bang-up job of celebrating, i'm a big fan of segabits for content like that!

sheath
09-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Here's some more info on Peter Moore's "involvement":
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26364-Former-Sega-VP-has-passed-away

That all of the heads of the development studios got up and walked out comment is intriguing. When I think of Sega, I primarily think about them, not the CEOs and board members (I don't even know most of their names). With the cancellation of the Dreamcast, Sega's development culture changed dramatically. A couple of the studios tried to carry over as a 3rd party, but their games didn't sell compared to A titles on each platform, much less AAA, and they all ended up shifting into the more modern mode of "nothing but sequels".

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_software_development_studios)

In 1999, the original character designer of Sonic the Hedgehog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28character%29), Naoto Ōshima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naoto_%C5%8Cshima), left Sega along with other employees due to disagreements with Yuji Naka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Naka) as to where the future of the franchise was headed. Artoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artoon) was founded by Naota Oshima and has many former Sonic Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team) employees. Around the same time, Team Andromeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Andromeda) dissolved along with its lead Yukio Futatsagi (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Yukio_Futatsagi&action=edit&redlink=1) leaving the company. Former Team Andromeda employees have since then worked at Artoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artoon), feelplus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feelplus), Grounding Co. and Land Ho (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Land_Ho&action=edit&redlink=1).

In 2000, Sega converted all their in-house studios into 2nd Party Studios, for more independence and a bigger focus on the consumer market by former arcade-focused studios. Former AM5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM5) head Tetsuya Mizuguchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Mizuguchi) formed his own studio by the name of United Game Artists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Game_Artists) (UGA). Several Team Andromeda members have joined Smilebit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit) and United Game Artists.
In 2003, due to management disagreements, UGA-led Tetsuya Mizuguchi and the Rez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez) team left Sega to found Q Entertainment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Entertainment). The rest of the UGA team composed of Space Channel 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Channel_5) developers was folded back into Sonic Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team).
Hisao Oguchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisao_Oguchi) was appointed to CEO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEO) in 2001, and Mie Kumagai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mie_Kumagai) replaced him as the studio head of Hitmaker/AM3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM3)
Hirokazu Yasuhara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirokazu_Yasuhara), who was the lead designer and director of the original Sonic the Hedgehog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28series%29) games, left Sega in 2002 and joined Naughty Dog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naughty_Dog), with the last position being designer of Visual Concepts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Concepts) Floigan Bros. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floigan_Bros.).
Due to decline of revenue of arcades overseas during the 2000s, more focus went on medal games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_game), redemption games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemption_game), and trading card games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectible_card_game), rather than traditional video games.
Studio list

Department
Members from
Headed by
Titles

WOW Entertainment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOW_Entertainment)
Sega AM1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_AM1_R%26D) R&D
Rikiya Nakagawa (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rikiya_Nakagawa&action=edit&redlink=1)
The House of the Dead 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead_2) (1999), Brave Fire Fighters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefighter) (1999), Zombie Revenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Revenge) (1999), The Typing of the Dead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Typing_of_the_Dead) (2000), Sega GT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_GT) (2000), Sega Marine Fishing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Marine_Fishing) (2000), Lupin the 3rd: The Shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lupin_the_3rd:_The_Shooting&action=edit&redlink=1) (2001), Wave Runner GP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WaveRunner_%28video_game%29) (2001), Vampire Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Night) (2001), Virtua Golf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf) (2001), Alien Front (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Front_Online) (2001), Wild Riders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_video_game) (2001), Sega GT 2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_GT_2002) (2002), Lupin the 3rd: The Typing (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lupin_the_3rd:_The_Typing&action=edit&redlink=1) (2002), The Pinball of the Dead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinball_of_the_Dead) (2002) The House of the Dead III (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead_III) (2003)

Sega AM2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_AM2)
same as before
Yu Suzuki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_Suzuki)
Shenmue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue) (1999), Ferrari F355 Challenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F355_Challenge) (2000), Outtrigger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outtrigger) (2000), 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/18_Wheeler:_American_Pro_Trucker) (2000), Shenmue II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue_II) (2001), Beach Spikers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_Spikers) (2001), Virtua Fighter 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter_4) (2001), Propeller Arena (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propeller_Arena) (2001), Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter_4:_Evolution) (2002), The King of Route 66 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Route_66) (2002), Virtua Cop 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Cop_3) (2003), OutRun 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OutRun_2) (2003), Virtua Quest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Quest) (2004), Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter_4) (2004), Ghost Squad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Squad_%28video_game%29) (2004)

Hitmaker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA_Hitmaker)
Sega AM3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_AM3) R&D
Mie Kumagai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mie_Kumagai)
Crazy Taxi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Taxi) (1999), Jambo! Safari (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jambo%21_Safari) (1999), Virtua Tennis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Tennis) (1999), Crackin' DJ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_video_game) (2000), Confidential Mission (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidential_Mission) (2001), Airtrix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skateboarding) (2001), Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Troopers_Virtual-On_Force) (2001), Crazy Taxi 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Taxi_2) (2001) Virtua Tennis 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Tennis_2) (2001), Segagaga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segagaga) (2001), The Maze of the Kings (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Maze_of_the_Kings&action=edit&redlink=1) (2002), Club Kart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Kart) (2001), Virtua Athlete (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_%28sport%29) (2002), Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Taxi_3:_High_Roller) (2003)

Amusement Vision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusement_Vision)
Sega AM4 R&D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_AM4_R%26D)
Toshihiro Nagoshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshihiro_Nagoshi)
Super Monkey Ball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Monkey_Ball_%28series%29) series, Virtua NBA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association) (2000), SlashOut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpikeOut) (2000), Planet Harriers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Harriers) (2001), Daytona USA 2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_USA_2001) (2001), Virtua Striker 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Striker_3) (2001), Spikers Battle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpikeOut) (2001), F-Zero GX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_GX) (2003), Ollie King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ollie_King) (2004)

Sega Rosso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Rosso)
Sega AM5 R&D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_AM5_R%26D)
Kenji Sasaki (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kenji_Sasaki&action=edit&redlink=1)
Star Wars Racer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Racer_Arcade) (2000), NASCAR Arcade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Arcade) (2000), Cosmic Smash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Smash) (2001), Initial D Arcade Stage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D_Arcade_Stage) (2002), Soul Surfer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Surfer) (2002), Initial D Arcade Stage 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D_Arcade_Stage) (2003), Initial D Arcade Stage 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D_Arcade_Stage) (2004)

Smilebit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit)
Sega AM6 R&D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit)
Shun Arai (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shun_Arai&action=edit&redlink=1)
Jet Set Radio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Radio) (2000), Hundred Swords (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Swords) (2001), Jet Set Radio Future (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Radio_Future) (2002), GunValkyrie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GunValkyrie) (2002),Panzer Dragoon Orta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dragoon_Orta) (2002), Sega Worldwide Soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Worldwide_Soccer), Let's make a (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Make_a_Soccer_Team%21) series

Overworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overworks)
Sega AM7 R&D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_AM7_R%26D)
Noriyoshi Oba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noriyoshi_Oba)
Skies of Arcadia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skies_of_Arcadia) (2000), Sakura Taisen III (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Taisen) (2001) (with RED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Entertainment)), Sakura Taisen IV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Taisen) (2002) (with RED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Entertainment)), Shinobi (2002 video game) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinobi_%282002_video_game%29) (2002), Nightshade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightshade_%282003_video_game%29) (2003), Sakura Taisen I Remake version (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Taisen) (2003) (with RED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Entertainment))

Sonic Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team)
same as before
Yuji Naka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Naka)
Sonic Adventure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Adventure) (1998) ChuChu Rocket! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChuChu_Rocket%21) (2000), Samba de Amigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samba_de_Amigo) (2000), Phantasy Star Online (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online) (2001), Sonic Adventure 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Adventure_2) (2001), Sonic Advance 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Advance_1) (with Dimps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimps)) (2001), Sonic Advance 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Advance_2) (with Dimps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimps)) (2002), Sonic Pinball Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Pinball_Party) (2003), Sonic Battle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Battle) (2003), Sonic Heroes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Heroes) (2003), Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Hatcher_and_the_Giant_Egg) (2003), Sonic Advance 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Advance_3) (with Dimps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimps)) (2004) Puyo Pop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puyo_Pop) series

United Game Artists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Game_Artists)
AM5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM5) + AM6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM6) + AM8 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM8)
Tetsuya Mizuguchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Mizuguchi)
Space Channel 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Channel_5) (2000), Rez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez) (2001), Space Channel 5: Part 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Channel_5:_Part_2) (2002),

Global Entertainment R&D Division which is was formed by the merger of Sonic Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team), United Game Artists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Game_Artists), and Overworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overworks). The two departments were led by Sonic Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team) and Overworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overworks) producers, such as Yuji Naka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Naka) and Akira Nishino. In 2006, Yuji Naka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Naka) went independent to form Prope (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prope). Akinori Nishiyama and then Takashi Iizuka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Iizuka) replaced him as the Producer.

Department
Members From
Titles

Global Entertainment R&D Dept. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Entertainment_R%26D_Dept.)
Sonic Team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team) + United Game Artists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Game_Artists)
Astro Boy (2004 video game) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Boy_%282004_video_game%29) (2004), Sega SuperStars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_SuperStars) (2004), Feel the Magic: XY/XX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_the_Magic:_XY/XX) (2004), The Rub Rabbits! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rub_Rabbits%21) (2005), Shadow the Hedgehog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog_%28video_game%29) (2005), Sonic Rush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Rush) (2005) (with Dimps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimps)), Mind Quiz: Your Brain Coach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Quiz:_Your_Brain_Coach) (2006), Sonic Riders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Riders) (2006), Phantasy Star Universe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Universe) (2006), Sonic the Hedgehog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%282006_video_game%29) (2006), Sega Rally 2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Rally_2006) (2006), Nights: Journey of Dreams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nights:_Journey_of_Dreams) (2007), Sonic and the Secret Rings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings) (2007), Sonic Rush Adventure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Rush_Adventure) (with Dimps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimps)), Kokoro Scan (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kokoro_Scan&action=edit&redlink=1) (2007), Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Riders:_Zero_Gravity) (2008), Sonic Unleashed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed) (2008), Puyo Pop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puyo_Pop) series

Global Entertainment R&D Dept. 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA)
Overworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overworks)
Altered Beast (2005 video game) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Beast_%282005_video_game%29) (2005), Sakura Taisen V (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Taisen_V) (2005) (with RED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Entertainment)), Blood Will Tell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Will_Tell) (2004) (with RED (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Entertainment)), Valkyria Chronicles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles) (2008)

New Entertainment R&D Division is essentially the AM6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM6) or Smilebit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit) of before with sports titles. However Toshihiro Nagoshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshihiro_Nagoshi) and his team were integrated due to moving outside the arcade division, and gaining large control in this division. Takayuki Kawagoe (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Takayuki_Kawagoe&action=edit&redlink=1) continues to have a Producer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_producer) and Executive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senior_management) role as he had before in the AM6/Smilebit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit) division.

Department
Members From
Titles

New Entertainment R&D Dept. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Entertainment_R%26D_Dept.)
Amusement Vision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusement_Vision) + Smilebit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit)
Yakuza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza_%28video_game%29) (2005), Yakuza 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza_2) (2006), Yakuza Kenzan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza_Kenzan) (2008) Super Monkey Ball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Monkey_Ball_%28video_game%29) series

Sports Design R&D Dept. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Design_R%26D_Dept.)
Amusement Vision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusement_Vision) + Smilebit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilebit)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_%26_Sonic_at_the_Olympic_Games) (2007) Virtua Pro Football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Pro_Football) (2006) Let's make a (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Make_a_Soccer_Team%21) series

Amusement Software R&D Division which focuses on the development of games for arcade and slot machines. The division is headed by Hiroshi Kataoka (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hiroshi_Kataoka&action=edit&redlink=1), Atsushi Seimiya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsushi_Seimiya) and Mie Kumagai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mie_Kumagai).

Department
Members From
Titles

AM Software R&D Dept. 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA)
WOW Entertainment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOW_Entertainment) + Sega-AM2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega-AM2) + Hitmaker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA_Hitmaker) + Sega Rosso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Rosso)
Medal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_game), Redemption (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemption_game) and Trading Card (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectible_card_game) games

AM Software R&D Dept. 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA)
WOW Entertainment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOW_Entertainment) + Sega-AM2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega-AM2) + Hitmaker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA_Hitmaker) + Sega Rosso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Rosso)

Virtua Striker 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Striker_4) (2005), Psy-Phi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psy-Phi) (2006), Sega Race TV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Race_TV) (2008) The House of the Dead 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead_4) (2005), 2 Spicy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Spicy) (2006), After Burner Climax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Burner_Climax) (2006), Sega Golf Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyasato_Miyoshi_Kyoudai_Naizou:_Sega_Golf_Club) (2006), Let's Go Jungle!: Lost on the Island of Spice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Go_Jungle%21:_Lost_on_the_Island_of_Spice) (2006), Initial D Arcade Stage 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D_Arcade_Stage_4) (2007), Initial D Arcade Stage 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D_Arcade_Stage_5) (2008) RAMBO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambo_%281985_video_game%29) (2008) R-Tuned : Ultimate Street Racing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Tuned_:_Ultimate_Street_Racing) (2008) Loving Deads: The House of the Dead EX (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead_%28series%29) (2008) Virtua Fighter 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter_5) (2006), Virtua Fighter 5 R (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter_5_R) (2008), Virtua Tennis 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Tennis_3) (2006) Hummer Extreme Edition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer_%28Sega_arcade_game%29) (2009), Primeval Hunt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primeval_Hunt) (2008), Harley Davidson: King of the Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_video_game) (2009)

TrekkiesUnite118
09-12-2014, 10:36 AM
That all of the heads of the development studios got up and walked out comment is intriguing. When I think of Sega, I primarily think about them, not the CEOs and board members (I don't even know most of their names). With the cancellation of the Dreamcast, Sega's development culture changed dramatically. A couple of the studios tried to carry over as a 3rd party, but their games didn't sell compared to A titles on each platform, much less AAA, and they all ended up shifting into the more modern mode of "nothing but sequels".

http://i.minus.com/i3pw2NnDdFArP.gif