PDA

View Full Version : What is the best steering wheel for dreamcast?

bultje112
12-03-2014, 04:10 AM
as the true mother system of racing games still today I always missed a good steering wheel for the dreamcast and I'm desperate for it. I have the "rare" ferrari thrustmaster wheel but I don't like it too much. it's all plastic and no force feedback. what is the best dreamcast steering wheel and are there steering wheels with force feedback not from plastic for other consoles that may be compatible with dreamcast somehow?

not that the thrustmaster wheel is bad btw. it's especially good on f355 but was wondering if there are better ones around

Murphy245
12-04-2014, 05:06 PM
I dont think there is a good one

gamevet
12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Even if you could find a solution for a force-feedback wheel for the DC, I don't think any of the games support such a feature.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=134599.0

bultje112
12-05-2014, 02:42 AM
I heard the madcatz m2 is very good but also rare and made exclusivley for dreamcast? also I heard you can use a converter and have a ps2 steering wheel for the dreamcast. what are the best ps2 wheels?

Barone
12-05-2014, 04:21 AM
MadCatz MC2 and Interact Concept 4 are the best DC steering wheels you can get IMO.
MC2 has the stick shift option as advantage and the Concept 4 has a construction quality which gives you a taste of the arcade steering wheels.

IDK how good converters will work with PS2 steering wheels and I'd be careful if I were you. I'd just go for it if I could have some evidence that I can get a PS2 steering wheel with more than 300 of rotation range to work properly on the DC racers. Otherwise, I wouldn't risk.