PDA

View Full Version : Chilly Willy's DC DooM port

cleeg
06-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Just downloaded the above from a DC emulation site and have a ton of files that look a mystery to me. I've read the read me, but this is also confusing. Anyone know how I make all this into a cdi image I can run off a GDEmu SD card board?

The Jackal
06-29-2015, 07:10 PM
I used BootDreams (http://code.google.com/p/bootdreams/downloads/detail?name=bootdreams_106c.exe) back in the day to make cdis. Just select the Discjuggler (the snake) icon, browse where the folder is located, give it a name in the CD label section and then hit process. Once it's done, save the cdi somewhere and you should be done.

cleeg
06-30-2015, 03:24 AM
Great stuff, I have Bootdreams so will be trying this later on. Thanks for the help!

cleeg
06-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Thanks very much; I tried this and it worked, with one minor drawback: In my GDMenu the game showed up as BootDreams. I sussed out that I could make an IP.bin file prior to processing with BootDreams and was able to make the title show correctly as Doom. I used a separate IP making program first.

Now, I hope this is okay to talk about here, I'm assuming this counts as homebrew so I reckon it should be... I'd like to play the Titanium studios' version of Quake on my DC, I have found a self booting .cdi that works fine via GDEmu, but in the GDMenu it appears as Arcade Greatest Hits. When I try the method that worked for Doom the game hangs at the white Sega screen.

Any ideas here? Cheers.

A31Chris
07-08-2015, 02:30 AM
Hey has anyone seen Chilly Willy lately? He's MIA. I hope he's ok.