PDA

View Full Version : Best Shining Force 3 Sccenario

Thief
01-02-2018, 11:35 AM
For me it's Scenario 1, even though I prefer the combat (battle map design, enemies/enemy placement and difficulty balance), polish and graphics of Scenario 2 most. One major negative toward Scenario 2 are battles 23 to 26 requiring waiting extra time for NPC characters to make their move.

So why Sc1? Well it was the first to introduce me to this world (you know what they say about your first), loved the characters/story best in this one and that it was fun imagining what would be in store for Sc2 & 3 (wish I'd written these down as I've forgot many of them). Played the first Scenario twice before moving on, so this provided extra time to fill in the rest of the world and mysteries with my imagination. I also prefer Synbios' team battle themes the most too.

Some words on Scenario 3, my main problem with it is uncovering end game spells and weapons much sooner and as a result breaks the game's balance too much (namely to veterans of the game, so more of an issue in replay. But I love to replay these games, having played through all difficulty levels and then some more on just hardest).

In summary guess I would rank them like this; Sc1 > 2 > 3.

Baloo
01-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Have 2 and 3 been totally translated into English?

Thief
01-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Of course, for quite some time. At version 19 now. (http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/)

Black_Tiger
01-03-2018, 12:07 AM
I haven't played English versions of 2 and 3, but I don't think I'm missing out on anything substantial.

Scenario 3 is the best game. I have more nostalgia for the Japanese version of Scenario 1.

Premium is also great.

asmikace
01-05-2018, 10:50 AM
This is a hard poll to ask me. You have to play the all 3 to fully enjoy it or none at all.

SpaceFlea
01-05-2018, 06:21 PM
It's been about 10-15 years since I played them, but if I recall, this is the order in which I most appreciated them.

2 > 1 > 3

xelement5x
01-08-2018, 11:28 PM
It's been about 10-15 years since I played them, but if I recall, this is the order in which I most appreciated them.

2 > 1 > 3

Holy snot a SpaceFlea! I haven't seen a post from you in awhile!

bultje112
01-24-2018, 06:47 AM
scenario 3 by far! this is the meat of the game. it's much longer, more story focused and most of the plot twists happen here. I like how the first 3 chapters of scenario 3 are still politically driven but then north of the wall the focus becomes entirely religious.

IrishNinja
01-29-2018, 06:51 PM
3 brought it all together beautifully - 2 was fun, but i felt like the MC was constantly getting chumped by his asshole dad. 3 was the culmination of everything from Holy Ark on up, and as a fine a sendoff ot the series as we were gonna get.