PDA

View Full Version : I reviewed Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

stika
04-19-2018, 06:52 PM
Hey everyone,

This week I reviewed Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver for both the Dreamcast and the PS1. I also did a brief comparison between both versions. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4xJ7Lp6U8

Yharnamresident
04-19-2018, 10:44 PM
I watched the video and enjoyed its production values. Its a shame this is another PS1-Dreamcast port where they only changed the poly counts in the character model because they knew thats one thing they couldn't get away with.

Also I feel this thread would be better suited for Insert Coin.

stika
04-21-2018, 07:45 AM
I watched the video and enjoyed its production values. Its a shame this is another PS1-Dreamcast port where they only changed the poly counts in the character model because they knew thats one thing they couldn't get away with.

Also I feel this thread would be better suited for Insert Coin.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the video. To be honest, I wasn't sure where to post this one.

midnightrider
04-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Still a Dreamcast game, one of the ones I actually owned too. Too narrative for my tastes nowadays though, but at least it lets you play for a while before tossing it's narrative at you.

Gryson
04-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Still a Dreamcast game, one of the ones I actually owned too. Too narrative for my tastes nowadays though, but at least it lets you play for a while before tossing it's narrative at you.

It's funny that you say that, because I felt the opposite: I greatly enjoyed the first Blood Omen because of its strong narrative, but I felt Soul Reaver's narrative was a bit underdeveloped in comparison. The two games are about as different as can be, though. Blood Omen is definitely in my top 5 PS1 games.

stika
04-21-2018, 06:03 PM
It's funny that you say that, because I felt the opposite: I greatly enjoyed the first Blood Omen because of its strong narrative, but I felt Soul Reaver's narrative was a bit underdeveloped in comparison. The two games are about as different as can be, though. Blood Omen is definitely in my top 5 PS1 games.

I the problem with blood omen is that the gameplay has definitely aged and the technical issues do seem to pile up after a while, namely, the long load times.

BonusKun
05-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Great review. Thanks for posting this sir.

StuOhQ
07-29-2018, 09:15 AM
I genuinely love this game, and it looks excellent on the Dreamcast - especially via VGA. If only Soul Reaver 2 supported 480p on PS2.