PDA

View Full Version : Custom 3D printed Stunner mod

Bratwurst
04-23-2018, 10:13 PM
I designed a bracket to mount a microswitch behind the trigger for the Saturn Stunner:

It's an old mod to replace the original cheap push button, but most of the time back in the day it was done with hot glue or duct tape. I'll post more pictures once I finish wiring it up. I'm hoping people will be interested in kits to install in their guns or pre-modded Stunners because I have a few extra I'll be tossing on the marketplace sometime this week.

Genesis Knight
04-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Wow. This is very cool. Sign me up.

Bratwurst
04-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Ding, done. The trigger is a thousand times more accurate with no missed pulls and great tactility.

Alas, I have no lightgun games to actually test my extra stunners with for now, but I'll start a for-sale thread later and offer up the printed pieces (and microswitch) for anyone who wants to mod their own gun. It will require soldering know-how, but it's a very simple procedure. Or I guess I could do it for you if you need me to and are willing to send your gun.

Usually, you're instructed to clip the top plastic of the trigger that activates the original button, but I prefer to remove that button completely so you can leave the trigger intact. Then you wire in the common and normally-open tabs of the micro-switch to the two points the original button was located.

xelement5x
04-27-2018, 04:42 PM
I'd totally be interested in a kit if you had one and if the price was pretty reasonable.

I've got most of the Saturn light gun games and a couple extra stunners I'd be interesting in doing a comparison if I could.

Bratwurst
04-27-2018, 06:38 PM
I'll send you a PM, I have just one microswitch left over and can print the bracket tonight. I'm expecting a copy of Virtua Cop in the mail tomorrow so that's when I can test the extra Stunners I have and will formally start a for-sale thread in the bazaar.

IrishNinja
04-27-2018, 08:46 PM
this is really cool! been meaning to play some saturn shooters too, time to go see if my guns work worth a damn...

CasetheCorvetteman
05-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Will you be putting these on ebay? That will possibly be the easiest way for me to buy. I will probably buy a few if you do that.

bultje112
05-03-2018, 06:12 AM
I designed a bracket to mount a microswitch behind the trigger for the Saturn Stunner:

It's an old mod to replace the original cheap push button, but most of the time back in the day it was done with hot glue or duct tape. I'll post more pictures once I finish wiring it up. I'm hoping people will be interested in kits to install in their guns or pre-modded Stunners because I have a few extra I'll be tossing on the marketplace sometime this week.

will you make one for dreamcast?

Bratwurst
05-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Will you be putting these on ebay? That will possibly be the easiest way for me to buy. I will probably buy a few if you do that.

I have already sold out but I have more switches arriving soon. I could put them on eBay but why not just buy through the forum? You're using paypal either way or are you using a different payment option? I'm not hesitant to ship to Australia btw, I'll ship anywhere.

will you make one for dreamcast?

Send me the gun so I can design the bracket. ;)

CasetheCorvetteman
05-09-2018, 10:03 AM
I have already sold out but I have more switches arriving soon. I could put them on eBay but why not just buy through the forum? You're using paypal either way or are you using a different payment option? I'm not hesitant to ship to Australia btw, I'll ship anywhere.

Send me the gun so I can design the bracket. ;)

Yes i pay using paypal, so thats ok

CasetheCorvetteman
06-20-2018, 10:43 PM
My parts arrived, i havent had time to unpack them yet.

Thanks mate! :)

Bratwurst
06-20-2018, 10:50 PM
Oh excellent. I had a customer tell me that the inside of their stunner was a little different, so I had to change the design just a bit going forward. If you find your bracket doesn't fit, the track that the controller cord runs through was probably shifted up, all you need to do is file/cut away 2mm of plastic. It should be obvious what to do and it will still seat snugly after the alteration- I feel bad that I didn't catch this, but of the half dozen guns I did in person I never ran into this mold variation.

CasetheCorvetteman
06-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Oh excellent. I had a customer tell me that the inside of their stunner was a little different, so I had to change the design just a bit going forward. If you find your bracket doesn't fit, the track that the controller cord runs through was probably shifted up, all you need to do is file/cut away 2mm of plastic. It should be obvious what to do and it will still seat snugly after the alteration- I feel bad that I didn't catch this, but of the half dozen guns I did in person I never ran into this mold variation.

Itll be no dramas mate, ill make it work ;)

Moirai
06-29-2018, 11:18 PM

I bought one of these on eBay. Already installed it. Itís fucking sweet.

By the way be sure to remove the existing trigger spring as the included switch is already spring loaded and leaving the old spring in makes for a very tiring house of the dead experience!

Moirai
01-24-2019, 06:13 PM
one issue i've noticed with this mod is sometimes if you pull the trigger too hard it goes past the switch and gets jammed... happens a lot on house of the dead if you shoot rapidly

CasetheCorvetteman
01-24-2019, 06:34 PM
one issue i've noticed with this mod is sometimes if you pull the trigger too hard it goes past the switch and gets jammed... happens a lot on house of the dead if you shoot rapidly

I have done 3 of mine and i dont have that issue at all, are you sure its all in properly?

Mine are all spot on :)

troopa jr
01-25-2019, 11:08 AM
nice, very good idea :D

Bratwurst
01-25-2019, 08:44 PM

Does your trigger piece have a bit of plastic flashing on the back? You need to trim that so the surface is round and smooth.

Otherwise, if that's not the issue, you should try a microswitch with a lever. I have included a zippy 50gram without lever and an omron (100gram) with a lever with all the Saturn kits I send out for some time now, so I don't know if you got those both when you made your purchase.

BTW I did eventually design Sega Dreamcast kits, and kits for a ton of other guns. Konami Justifier, the PS1, PS2 and PS3 Guncons, etc.

CasetheCorvetteman
01-25-2019, 08:56 PM
Mine all came with lever switches, and i think thats the way to go on the Virtua Gun, cant go wrong.

Moirai
01-26-2019, 02:18 AM
Does your trigger piece have a bit of plastic flashing on the back? You need to trim that so the surface is round and smooth.

Otherwise, if that's not the issue, you should try a microswitch with a lever. I have included a zippy 50gram without lever and an omron (100gram) with a lever with all the Saturn kits I send out for some time now, so I don't know if you got those both when you made your purchase.

BTW I did eventually design Sega Dreamcast kits, and kits for a ton of other guns. Konami Justifier, the PS1, PS2 and PS3 Guncons, etc.

Yeah my first one i purchased had a lever, second one i ordered no lever. I definitely prefer the lever! Maybe i could get an extra lever switch from you if you have an extra?

Bratwurst
01-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Yeah my first one i purchased had a lever, second one i ordered no lever. I definitely prefer the lever! Maybe i could get an extra lever switch from you if you have an extra?

If you don't mind tossing a few bucks for shipping I can certainly send you a switch w/ lever! Just send me a PM.