PDA

View Full Version : How the Sega Saturn was Saved and Destroyed by Dragon Ball Z

stika
05-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Hi folks, this week I decided to talk about the Sega Saturn's success in my home country of Portugal. Here, the Saturn sold on part with the PS1 during the first couple of years and vastly outsold the Nintendo 64 before it eventually all came crashing down on Sega.

And all of this happened because of Dragon Ball Z. So yes, here's the story of how Dragon Ball Z both saved and destroyed the Saturn in my country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ElhyYRZYs

Kamahl
05-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Accurate, can confirm. Everyone i knew with a saturn had Dragonball.

TrekkiesUnite118
05-14-2018, 07:13 AM
I actually remember here in the US around the late 90's when DBZ was getting popular I had friends who already had Saturns importing it's DBZ games. Granted they also imported the PS1 games as well. That said it was a bit surreal to see my classmates suddenly know what a Saturn was after it died years earlier and most had forgotten about it.

Alianger
05-14-2018, 09:36 AM
That's pretty interesting, I didn't even know about Dragon Ball until 1998 or so and first encountered it through the pocket books.

waterclaws6
06-30-2018, 05:29 AM
Interesting video, I use to be a big fan of Dragon Ball as child in the 2000's watching on a CN and playing the games on PS2 and GBA via emulator at the time.