PDA

View Full Version : Daytona USA CCE strange incompatibility issue

Moirai
06-06-2018, 07:12 PM
My US copy of Daytona CCE will work on my model 2 September 1996 consoles but refuses to work on my model 1 August 1995 console. None of my other games seem to be picky like this. When I put Daytona CCE in my model 1 console it refuses to even recognize that a disc is in the tray. Anyone ever heard of this happening before??:confused:

Moirai
06-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Now it seems to be working... first it started with no music then crashed a few moments into the intro... I reset the game and it seems to work as normal... the first ten tries or so it did NOTHING... the game is in mint condition and works in every other console consistently... and this console works fine with every other game consistently.. canít see any reason why it would behave strange with this particular game

Edit: not working again

This is very odd

Edit 2: now itís working.. wtf!

TrekkiesUnite118
06-06-2018, 09:20 PM
What are the other games you've tried on the console that's acting up?

Moirai
06-06-2018, 11:01 PM
What are the other games you've tried on the console that's acting up?

Nothing else acts up but Daytona cce

TrekkiesUnite118
06-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Nothing else acts up but Daytona cce

What specifically have you tried?

Moirai
06-06-2018, 11:18 PM
I tried die hard arcade, regular Daytona, radiant silvergun (original disc and pseudosaturn cart) sonic jam (cdr), gungriffon

But anyway I cleaned the laser lense and seems Daytona CCE works now

zyrobs
06-07-2018, 02:59 AM
It's just the laser not seeing the disc.

TrekkiesUnite118
06-07-2018, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. What I was getting at though with asking what games you were testing was to see what kind of games they were. For example if they were ones that either used Redbook audio like Daytona or something different. I'd imagine a laser issue might not present as many issues to games that use ADPCM audio or Tracker style PCM tracks or ones that don't stream as much data constantly like FMVs.

Moirai
06-07-2018, 10:12 AM
I used a q-tip and a can of electronic duster seems to work fine now