PDA

View Full Version : Other Saturn Games That Deserved Silver Case Treatment

redsox2013
06-22-2018, 11:30 PM
Clearly, Sega knew that Sega Rally & Virtua Fighter 2 were special games, and they were sold with silver covers and side art instead of the normal white. These ended up being the only two titles given special treatment.

I often wondered why other high profile games didn't get the silver cases, especially since Sega really it's best needed software to stand out in the face of competition from PS1. Anyway, here's a few other games that I feel could have been given the silver treatment.

-Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei. The first PD was a superb launch title, and this improved on it in nearly every way.
-Virtua Cop 2. The first VC was the third of the big 3 for 1995 (the aforementioned VF2 & Sega Rally being the other two). Sega Arcade conversions were top notch, and this was no exception.
-World Series Baseball II. The best sprite based baseball game ever made. The WSB games have a long history of quality, and this was the pinnacle, with all players and stadiums.
-Fighters Megamix. High profile game, but maybe too late for anyone at Sega to care about special packaging.
-Manx TT Superbike. Another great arcade conversion, but like FM maybe too late.

I would consider Nights into Dreams, but most were sold in the big box with the 3D controller.

gamevet
06-23-2018, 12:52 AM
I love Manx TT, but the rubber band AI riders was bs. It was incredibly hard to win a race, because the opponents always got an unfair advantage.

Blades
06-23-2018, 05:19 PM
No idea. Zwei was one of the best looking games of 1996 IMO.