PDA

View Full Version : Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru

Moirai
07-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Now this is one Iím glad I didnít pay $1000 for. Decent game, definitely not worth the hype. Awesome if you can play it on a CDR, itís worth every penny if you bootleg it! I find the game would play a lot better with an arcade stick because of how much you have to tap the buttons... music reminds me of samurai shodown, very japanese.. not bad, not my favorite either.. main player character sprites look kind of weird, like they were designed for a different screen resolution then stretched.. I havenít beaten the game yet, but so far it seems oddly easy.

axel
07-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Now this is one Iím glad I didnít pay $1000 for. Decent game, definitely not worth the hype. Awesome if you can play it on a CDR, itís worth every penny if you bootleg it! I find the game would play a lot better with an arcade stick because of how much you have to tap the buttons... music reminds me of samurai shodown, very japanese.. not bad, not my favorite either.. main player character sprites look kind of weird, like they were designed for a different screen resolution then stretched.. I havenít beaten the game yet, but so far it seems oddly easy.

Reminds me more of Ganryu than SS, except with much better graphics, great use of 2D and 3D. Sprites look fine to me! Wish more copies had been made.

Leynos
07-28-2018, 01:36 AM
It's basically SEGA Saturn's Hagane.

Moirai
07-28-2018, 02:39 AM
Kinda a clunky game TBH

Team Andromeda
07-28-2018, 08:13 AM
So Glad I got my copy back in the day. Not its not worth the asking price but what the game is, is a showcase for the Saturn tech and showed what was possible when one used the Saturn unbeatable 2D might and mixed in it with the VDP II and 3D polygon GFX. The game looks amazing and its truly jaw dropping when one sees the 3D backrounds roate for the 1st time and when that Purple sider walks into the screen for the 1st time

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/933/43642861662_23ca122bcc_o.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDiD2UcqO0M&t=478s

Leynos
07-28-2018, 11:49 AM
Would not mind trying it but I believe the most expensive game I own on SS is Bulk Slash, which is one of my fave games on the system.

Da_Shocker
07-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Oh gawd here is another one that I regret not buying for 69.99 back in the day because i didnt know much about it and I was cheap as hell. This and Daytona Netlink and I remember that one going for 29.99 on Sega's website. :bang:

Moirai
07-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Oh gawd here is another one that I regret not buying for 69.99 back in the day because i didnt know much about it and I was cheap as hell. This and Daytona Netlink and I remember that one going for 29.99 on Sega's website. :bang:

Imagine using a netlink on Saturn with web browser to access Sega.com, and purchasing Daytona netlink edition... with a netlink... that would be 1337 AF

Da_Shocker
07-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Imagine using a netlink on Saturn with web browser to access Sega.com, and purchasing Daytona netlink edition... with a netlink... that would be 1337 AF

Well it would have been on a Dreamcast for me. :D

GameUser-16-32-128
07-29-2018, 03:19 PM
It's basically SEGA Saturn's Hagane.

I can see the resemblance, but Taromaru is what a REAL Shinobi game on Saturn should've been! Shinobi Legions was cool, but it was a bit slow and stiff in comparison.