PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Emulation: Polymega versus Android Side-by-Side

avlon
09-23-2018, 06:05 PM
Does Android Emulate the Sega Saturn better than the Polymega?

*Hint: After watching their demo trailer, I spent the better part of this weekend creating and comparing footage of the two.

The results are interesting IMO.

https://youtu.be/2t_HzRz8W08

Greg2600
09-24-2018, 09:22 PM
My thing is, even if Android does a better job, does it matter?

Team Andromeda
09-25-2018, 10:02 AM
What is the spec of the system that was running the Saturn emu via Android?

Black_Tiger
09-25-2018, 10:19 AM
My thing is, even if Android does a better job, does it matter?

If you have a much better console box in your pocket with limitless controller options, why waste a bunch of money on a vaporware scam, even if it does eventually ebolve into something tangible?

Team Andromeda
09-25-2018, 10:23 AM
If you have a much better console box in your pocket with limitless controller options, why waste a bunch of money on a vaporware scam, even if it does eventually ebolve into something tangible?

Well I'm looking at the unit for its decent upscaler that its a closed platform and its all set up for you, it allows use of the original games. If the emu of the original hardware isn't up to much, then I'll not waste my time.

Da_Shocker
09-25-2018, 09:12 PM
What is the spec of the system that was running the Saturn emu via Android?

Google Pixel 2 XL has a Snapdragon 835 64GB or 128GB of rom and 4GB of ram. I thought he would've used a Nvidia Shield TV.

avlon
09-26-2018, 10:49 PM
Google Pixel 2 XL has a Snapdragon 835 64GB or 128GB of rom and 4GB of ram. I thought he would've used a Nvidia Shield TV.

I've never owned an Nvidia Shield TV though I do own a Nexus Player and a Sony Bravia Android TV. Getting them set up and then capturing on them is a bit of a pain though plus they are pretty outdated from a technological standpoint. The P2XL just made sense as a baseline.

Plus, with an 8bitdo controller (which is what I used to play with in this video) you can take it with you anywhere.

Moirai
09-26-2018, 10:58 PM
Hard to take this wretched product seriously

cabear
10-02-2018, 12:09 AM
i have an nvidia shield tv and used yabo sanshiro to emulate saturn games. it works well and i couldn't justify ever spending the amount of money for a polymega over a shield. the savings and performance aren't there.

Da_Shocker
03-21-2019, 11:28 PM
i have an nvidia shield tv and used yabo sanshiro to emulate saturn games. it works well and i couldn't justify ever spending the amount of money for a polymega over a shield. the savings and performance aren't there.

What version do you own? I have 2 first gen 16GB and the Pro modded with a SSD.