PDA

View Full Version : Doom glitch returns game speed to normal (U.S. NTSC)

vexatious
10-29-2018, 01:58 AM
Let demo loop a few times and game speed becomes normal. Takes a while and usually happens when player is firing at pinky while being chased in dark hallway.

Not sure why nobody knows or mentions this but thought I'd mention it since it's odd. Someone should capture and post gameplay footage proving this.

Tested on NTSC USA Sega Saturn model 2 with NTSC USA Doom. Unfortunately I only have a Japanese Model 2 Sega Saturn and no Doom game ATM so can't do it. Maybe a hack can fix the game...

Forgot to mention I found this glitch by letting the game sit there with power on unattended. Forgot what led me to leave it unattended but I think I was cleaning my room and changing clothes or something like that, then came back to look at game demo to see how cpu plays and thought, " Wow the game actually fixed itself and the cpu doesn't play that good. Odd. I think I'll play it now!".

Try it!

Genesis Knight
10-29-2018, 09:40 AM
I am really skeptical of this but would love to see it confirmed. Are you saying after letting the demo loop the game hits 30fps? 60fps?

Moirai
10-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Waddafuck

Breaking news: saturn doom fixed itself with mandela effect

TrekkiesUnite118
10-29-2018, 08:06 PM
This sounds like utter nonsense. I don't see how letting the demo play would be any different than just playing the game for an extended period of time. But it could easily be tested by just hooking a Saturn up to a capture card and streaming it to twitch/youtube running the Doom demo and see what happens.

Blades
10-30-2018, 05:09 AM
Breaking news: saturn doom fixed itself with mandela effect

LOL

Guys, I don't think he meant the game's framerate fixes itself, I think he meant that the game's speed glitches back to normal, because as we know Saturn Doom had some of it's animations sped up to counter the horrendous programming.

MegaDriver
10-30-2018, 05:32 AM
This only happens on US NTSC saturn?

I think I will try and see if I can sense any changes on my modded EU saturns.