PDA

View Full Version : IS Enemmy Zero worth buying?

gamer888
01-30-2019, 04:03 PM
At this point, I have read little about it but it seems to be a great looking games but with limited real gameplay...it is more about watching than playing...

Also, is the japanese version playable for westerners text/voice-wise?

Team Andromeda
01-31-2019, 04:36 AM
If you like Aliens (the film) buy this game, it's brilliant. Its FMV but there's tons of gameplay in it and Yes I would advise you to get the English version.

Silence The Fallen
02-02-2019, 11:54 AM
I Love Enemy Zero. I paid full price for it back in the day and was MORE than happy with it. Its unique and atmospheric but certainly not for everyone.

If you are uncertain I suggest playing D first. Half of Enemy Zero plays like D. The other half is a basic, barebones or somewhat limited FPS. The way its all stitched together is fantastic if you like that type of game.

Like D, Enemy Zero is a cinematic heavy game, and has point and click like adventure elements. All of these areas are connected by realtime FPS segments. There is not much else like it. But I have many fond memories of it and it supports the Saturns 3D analog pad!

R.I.P. Keji Eno. You were a mad genius.

Edit: I agree with Team Andromeda. Definitely get the English version unless you don't mind using a guide. Otherwise you'll probably get lost or frustrated if you cant understand what the characters are telling you.

gamer888
02-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Thanks for your answers. Some japanese games are in japanese but the text is not that important like in say an action game. Some japanese games DO have the english version but hit or miss (the price can be a good clue..I don't think Panzer Dragoon Saga JAP version would be so much cheaper if english was available).