PDA

View Full Version : You're First Saturn Game

KitsuneNight
04-06-2019, 01:45 PM
cause why not ?
we have one for the megadrive

my saturn actually came with 6 games the pack in virtua fighter 1 and 5 other games: virtua fighter 2 nights virtua cop daytona and dark stalkers

the first game i played on the saturn however and the one that convinced me to actually buy the saturn in the first place was virtua fighter 2

Mad Moham
04-06-2019, 02:27 PM
I am first Saturn game?

My Saturn came with Gex and Toshinden. I bought the console second hand, but I didn't buy any more Saturn games for a long time after that.

KitsuneNight
04-06-2019, 03:13 PM
I am first Saturn game?

why yes !
yes you are now go and saturn to the extreme !

goldenband
04-06-2019, 03:40 PM
First one I ever played? Virtua Fighter 2 or Virtual On, around 1996 or the first half of 1997.

First one I ever owned? Dark Savior, but I never actually played it since I didn't own a Saturn at the time.

Black_Tiger
04-06-2019, 05:10 PM
I went to the store to buy a Panzer Dragoon bundle during the early launch, but they didn't have it or Paznzer Dragoon at all. So I bought a standard Saturn which came with VF and I bought Daytona USA at the same time. As soon as Panzer Dragoon came it I bought it next.

If it weren't for the early launch, I would have bought a 3DO and SSFIIT.

MushaAleste
04-07-2019, 03:18 AM
Still have my launch Saturn with Virtua fighter 1. I kind of liked VF SS although it was a really sloppy port, graphically. It plays nicely though. First purchased game, X-Men COTA which i played the crap out for the following 9 months.

Leynos
04-07-2019, 04:03 AM
Panzer Dragoon. 6pack. Bug. Astal & Fighting Vipers. Got them within a month or so I think. I don't remember what I bought first.

Blades
04-07-2019, 04:34 AM
I can't even remember, Daytona I think.

Team Andromeda
04-07-2019, 05:09 AM
Virtual Fighter. Which for me is still my fav version of the game in the series. I love the old Polygon look and the Saturn version sounded incredible, with the most bone crushing sound effects going.

gamevet
04-07-2019, 01:51 PM
I got Virtua Fighter with the early launch Saturn and I also picked up Daytona and Pebble Beach Golf.

Raistlin
04-07-2019, 03:35 PM
I wished myself a Saturn together with Virtual Hydlide for Christmas in those days because I loved Super Hydlide on the Mega Drive. No matter what most people may think I loved the game back then and still today.

redsox2013
04-07-2019, 05:47 PM
I was at Toys R Us on the day of the early launch, not knowing it was launching early. Once I saw it, I had to buy it - came with Virtua Fighter and I bought Daytona. I never regretted choosing Saturn. I only bought a Playstation in 1998 when Saturn was discontinued and I needed new games to play.

gamevet
04-07-2019, 08:05 PM
That's how I found out about the early launch. I was just wandering through the video game section and saw the Saturn behind the glass at the nearby Toys R' Us. I think there was a Sega rep there, because some young Asian woman said to me "You're buying a Saturn!" She put emphasis on the word Saturn.

Genesis Knight
04-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Wing Arms. I was in high school and got a Saturn off eBay, and that was the game it came with.

saturndual32
04-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Mine came with 3 games. Daytona, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Virtua Fighter 2. The first one i tried was Daytona and was blown away by how good it played. I didnt mind the graphical shortcommings i had read about in mags the past few months.

xelement5x
04-12-2019, 12:55 AM
Pretty sure the first I had was Panzer Dragoon. I got the system and unit from Funco (both used) and then got home and started playing.

Of note, I had a N64 before Saturn and would have gotten the Saturn instead of the N64 if they had more games in stock. There were like no games in stock when I tried to purchase it originally so I just went for the 64 and GoldenEye instead.

GameUser-16-32-128
07-13-2019, 03:49 PM
I bought Guardian Heroes first, then Legend of Oasis, and finally the model 2 Saturn with demo pack-ins and VF2/Remix? (it's been so long!)

Genesis Knight
07-13-2019, 05:57 PM
I bought Guardian Heroes first, then Legend of Oasis, and finally the model 2 Saturn with demo pack-ins and VF2/Remix? (it's been so long!)

Were you a fan of Beyond Oasis? How do you think Legend compares?

Hidden_Darkness
07-14-2019, 12:19 PM
I got my Saturn on clearance in 1998 so by then the games were getting pretty cheap like around $5-$10 each, I remember getting these with my Saturn: Sonic Jam, Sonic R, Virtua Fighter Kids, Virtual On. It was the first game system I actually slowly payed off myself because of Walmart having layaway back then. A couple months later I ended up getting a Action Replay with a Japanese copy of Dragon Ball Z Legends for my birthday from a independent game store.

EmperorIng
09-04-2019, 12:17 AM
My first encounter with the Saturn was at a now-gone Disc Replay in a shopping mall. I was suffering through one of the patented Nintendo game droughts that their consoles seem to go through. I saw this and I saw three games on display for it: Darius Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, and Virtua Racing. I left the store thinking "hm, that's neat."

I asked around some forums ("are these good games?") and got a helpful response from longtime sega lover TheCoop, and decided at $85ish for the whole lot, I could do worse.

It's hard to think of a better intro to the console, imo. :cool: I mean, Virtua Racer sucked (as I would find out, the Saturn port was not up to snuff). But Zwei and Darius Gaiden had me hooked from the get go. Seeing those large fish sprites made me a fan for life.

Heresy Dragon
10-01-2019, 10:21 AM
I picked up my Saturn in June 1997 with Daytona CCE, Doom, and Tomb Raider. The first game I popped in was Daytona and I was blown away by how realistic it seemed. And I loved the rock remixes of Let's Go Away and Pounding Pavement. I still love this game today, even if the original port was more accurate in terms of converting the coin-ops gameplay across.

I loved Doom for a long time until a friend pointed out how dodgy the port was. And it took me a while to warm to Tomb Raider.

Zz Badnusty
10-01-2019, 01:05 PM
You are your first Saturn game?
I purchased a used lot out of the newspaper classifieds. Of all the games in there, I'd probably be Panzer Dragoon the most.

First game I bought by itself. Guardian Heroes brand new for $14.99
I could be that one too.

zyrobs
10-01-2019, 07:31 PM
I don't remember the first one I *played*, but the first games I owned were the Bootleg Sampler demo cd, then Virtua Fighter 1, Baku Baku, Sim City 2000, X-Men COTA, Worms, VF Kids.... I think in that order but I'm not sure (except for Bootleg Sampler which was included with the console).

Jake Armitage
10-02-2019, 02:51 PM
IIRC it was Mystaria. 'Twas a long time ago.

GohanX
10-03-2019, 11:11 AM
My bud and I rented a Saturn immediately at launch with all three of the games the shop had, Virtua Fighter, Panzer Dragoon and Daytona USA. That was a great weekend. When I bought my own system it was the three pack that had VF2, Daytona and Virtua Cop 2.

Yharnamresident
10-03-2019, 03:09 PM
I didn't know the Saturn existed until the 2000s, but can someone fix the typo in the title(Your First Saturn Game).

StuOhQ
10-03-2019, 10:25 PM
I played a Nights into Dreams demo and was blown away. I ultimately ended up getting an N64, and it's taken me 24 years to finally buy that Saturn. Glad that I finally have one :D

WarmSignal
12-04-2019, 03:26 AM
Bust A Move 2: Arcade Edition. It came with my Saturn. At the time, it left a lot to be desired for my first experience with the console. In retrospect, it's a good game/series. You can't really go wrong with Bust A Move.

glazball
12-29-2019, 11:47 AM
I didn't get my Saturn until 2001 or so (definitely after Dreamcast was out) and used games were cheap. The 4 games I got at the game store with my console were Shinobi Legions, Double Switch, Baku Baku and Blazing Dragons.

Wonder Boy
01-08-2020, 07:45 PM
The only Saturn I've played was my uncle's bitd. I remember he had Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter (not sure what version), Daytona USA, Myst, and maybe one or two other games. I remember enjoying playing it, and Myst in particular looked so lifelike back then, lol.

I asked him about it years later and sadly he gave it away to one of his neighbors.

AlexKidd
01-13-2020, 01:33 AM
Back in the day in '95 or '96 I really wanted a Saturn and Nights was the game I was most intrigued by though I also played my share of Virtua Fighter. Due to being a kid and my family being poor I never had a Saturn until 2005 or so and I believe Nights was my first game. I made the mistake of selling my collection years back when the games were still cheap. Just bought a Saturn and Nights again. Definitely one of my favorites as far as exclusive Saturn games go.

Bloodreign
01-13-2020, 08:50 AM
Long before I had my Saturn: Clockwork Knight on a cousins Saturn

First game I played when I got my own Saturn: Parodius Da

Wools
01-15-2020, 07:02 AM
I picked up my Saturn with Sega Rally, Sonic Jam and Virtua Fighter 2.

At some point in late 90's I was a PlayStation owning teen and my local indie has a chipped Saturn for sale for 50 with 2 controllers and after spotting 3 extra games to go with it, the manager threw them in for free! I really enjoyed my Saturn and had it for several years, playing through all the big releases. I remember back in the mid 90's, I was convincing my parents I really wanted a new console to replace my Mega Drive and looking through the Argos Christmas catalogue, I could either have a Sony PlayStation with Ridge or a Sega Saturn with Sega Rally for around 150. Eventually, the PlayStaion won out and although I loved it and was my favourite console of the era, I really missed the Arcade games Sega had so saving up a few years later, it was nice to buy a modded one.

Fond memories of the games avaliable during the 1990's here in the UK. Although I love where I am now, I frequently find myself reminiscing about that era of technology, music and pop culture. :love: