PDA

View Full Version : Saturn randomly died

Legend77
02-12-2020, 04:52 PM
I had a few consoles hooked up to an area. I decided to move them just a little bit to another area that is more spacious. My other systems are fine...the Saturn refuses to work now. IF it reads the disc at start up then it takes a very long time to load. Should it reach gameplay, it'll play for about 30 seconds then freeze entirely. I have been playing it here and there the past couple weeks. It never showed signs. As soon as I move it it just stops. I don't understand what happened at all. Any suggestions? I've reinserted my memory cart. I cleaned the laser. Nothing. The issue started as the sound messing up. Then the other problems came about. Makes no sense to me.

cleeg
02-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Is there any known issue with corrosion of parts / caps leaking causing shorts etc..?

Legend77
02-12-2020, 05:26 PM
In all the years I've owned it....zero issues. Thats why I am weirded out by this. I moved it less than 5 feet to a new area so it didn't travel far. I unplugged it, replugged it, and this. I have rechecked the cables a few times too just to make sure.

ComradeOj
02-12-2020, 06:38 PM
I have rechecked the cables a few times too just to make sure.

Do you mean the TV/Power hoockups, or the internal ribbon cables?

IIRC, there are a few ribbon cables inside the system. Maybe a combination of age and slight movement was enough to make one of the connections unreliable. I would take apart the system, and re-seat all internal cables if you are able. I know the 32X can sometimes have issues due to the ribbon cables inside it coming slightly loose. Maybe the saturn is the same way?

Legend77
02-12-2020, 07:33 PM
Yes I meant the av and power cable. I considered opening it up but wasn't sure what I should look for. I will have to check that but I was so agitated that I unhooked it and put it up. Sounds silly maybe but after lots of Sotn gameplay then this I got irritated.