PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast: Year Two - Unofficial Book Kickstarter

Spendle
08-11-2020, 05:38 AM
Firstly - apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I've had a look and couldn't find anything. Moderators, please delete this thread if I'm just being blind!

There's a Kickstarter campaign for a book capturing all things related to the second year of the Dreamcast. This is the second book in the series following the release of Dreamcast: Year One, you can find the Kickstarter campaign by following the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamcastyearone/dreamcast-year-two-unofficial-book

A quick synopsis from Kickstarter:

Everything is bigger this time around, from the page count of the book itself to the number of amazing contributors and even the number of perks we have on offer. There's more of everything this time around, which is a reflection of Year Two itself. This was the DC's golden year, with so many diverse, high-quality games released - and we're going to cover a good chunk of them!

As with Year One, there will be different sections to the book. The Story section will feature several chapters covering the events of this year - the insane highs and crushing lows. Supplementing that will be a range of interviews with people involved with various aspects of the Dreamcast, or those who were influenced by it (more on that a little later). We also have retrospectives on key games from the time, and the library section returns (this time with almost triple the number of titles on show).

We're also going to be including a new section in Year Two - ARTICLES! These will cover broader topics related to the Dreamcast that aren't covered by the story or retrospective sections. Sandeep Rai, author of PlayStation Vita: Year One (the origin of the format we use in these books), will be writing an article all about the plethora of 2D fighting games the Dreamcast was blessed with, for instance.

If you're missing year one then a couple of the backing options include a reprint of the year one book. The campaign has 16 days left to run although it did reach it's funding target within 72 hours.

Disclaimer: I am not involved in this project apart from pledging to the campaign, I just don't want anyone who might be interested in the book to miss out by being unaware!

Zeus
08-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Where can you get year one?

Spendle
08-11-2020, 02:27 PM
Where can you get year one?

I think it's out of print so the only way I can see right now is by backing the campaign and choosing one of the options that includes the year one reprint. That reward level starts at 22 (25/$29).

Zeus
08-11-2020, 09:04 PM
I think it's out of print so the only way I can see right now is by backing the campaign and choosing one of the options that includes the year one reprint. That reward level starts at 22 (25/$29).

Cool, I might do that.