PDA

View Full Version : Replacement fluorescent tubes for game gear?

Moirai
08-15-2020, 02:56 AM
Is it possible to buy exact replacements for the fluorescent tube inside a game gear ? I know it seems counter productive not to use LED replacements, but what if you want it all original? Out of luck?

ComradeOj
08-15-2020, 03:33 AM
I don't think so. Best chance to find one is from an old broken game gear. I would honestly go the LED route, if you could.

I happen to have a game gear that I've been picking for parts for years. As far as I know, the backlight tube still works, it did when I started picking parts anyway. I would be willing to send it to you, if you're in the continental United States.

Moirai
08-15-2020, 08:33 AM
I don't think so. Best chance to find one is from an old broken game gear. I would honestly go the LED route, if you could.

I happen to have a game gear that I've been picking for parts for years. As far as I know, the backlight tube still works, it did when I started picking parts anyway. I would be willing to send it to you, if you're in the continental United States.
Well i dont quite need one yet, i was just super curious if that fluorescent tube component was known to have a name.