PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Arcade: Konami Games

Melf
09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
For every game released on a console, many more are left in the arcade. Konami, one of the big guns in the industry, has more than their share of abandoned coin-ops. Games which would have fit snugly on Sega's 16-bit consoles were instead left to languish in obscurity or be enjoyed only through emulation. We've compiled a list of the more notable titles, which you should play in some form or another. Read our latest installment (http://www.sega-16.com/2006/09/lost-in-the-arcade-konami-games/) of Lost in the Arcade and wonder what could have been...

j_factor
09-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Not bad. Here's where I make my trademark "you missed X and Y" post, but I can't think of anything atm.

There should be a Midway one.

Sega Uranus
09-27-2005, 02:05 AM
I always wondered what the hell happened to the "GOOD" Simpsons game. I remember playing that great game, and with a "Whistle Pig", oh boy was that a day!

Drixxel
09-27-2005, 12:35 PM
X-Men, Simpsons, and Aliens.. how ye shall be missed. Haha, I remember there being certain shameful characters my friends and I would never choose to play as in X-Men and Simpsons.. Dazzler and Marge? What, you crazy?!

I stumbled upon the ol' Simpsons arcade machine about a month and a half ago in the local arcade that has fallen into a desolate abyss of decay. The controls were very, very worn out, making the game extraordinarily unresponsive and unfun, but this was always one of my favourite games to blow mass amounts of tokens on back in ye olde day. Ah yes.. ye olde day. Golden Axe, Rampage, Simpsons, Spider-Man: The Video Game, Superman, Super Sprint, Afterburner, Aliens, Xenophobe, and later X-Men and Dungeons & Dragons: The Tower Of Doom. That was more or less the standard arcade circuit I'd go about. Those were good days.

Wampaa
09-27-2005, 02:06 PM
I liked using Marge. She would whip out the old vacuum cleaner on them. Used to crack me up! Man did I love the Aliens arcade game! There was one at a local movie theatre forever. At least we can still play these games on Mame.

Fang
09-28-2005, 01:51 AM
I didn't know there was a G.I Joe game. Damn I missed it. Konami is definitely one of the best in the gaming business.

Sega Uranus
09-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I didn't know there was a G.I Joe game. Damn I missed it. Konami is definitely one of the best in the gaming business.

Too bad the Metal Gear franchise is spoiling them though...

Melf
09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
I didn't know there was a G.I Joe game. Damn I missed it.

Get it. Play it. Now. :)

StRiDA CoL
09-28-2005, 04:17 PM
OMG

Melf youre gonna make me cry

*sniff* I cant belive all those awesome games were left in the arcade
G.I. Joe-melf i also like GI Joe and this game was awesome with Roadblock im happy
The Simpsons-Hands down next to Road Rage and Hit and Run this is the greatest Simpsons game of all time

Fang
09-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I didn't know there was a G.I Joe game. Damn I missed it.

Get it. Play it. Now. :)

I would but I don't do the emulation thing besides my computer isn't the best it's old.

Revenge of Joe Musashi
10-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Great article. I always thought that Konami's X-Men(based off the original X-Men cartoon pilot) and The Simpsons arcade games would have been idea for Sega CD and Sega's four player adaptor. I'd also liked to have seen Gi Joe and Asterix make it to that format as well but alas it weren't to be.

flywheels
12-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Dark Adventure was left off! I remember playing that extensively @ the local ShowBiz Pizza. Sure, it was kinda like Gauntlet...but better IMO. I'd love to find the PCB board for that game...along w/ Metamorphic Force!