PDA

View Full Version : Reader Roundtable Vol. 2

Melf
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
It's a new month, and that means it's time for a new installment of Reader Roundtable! Even after all these years, there are still new experiences to be had on Sega's little black box. Come on in (http://www.sega-16.com/2006/01/reader-roundtable-vol-02/) and see what your fellow Genesis gamers are playing!

VinnyT
01-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Wow, looks like mine CAN be longer.

Well, I guess i'll do better next time.

Time to write another full scale review!

David J.
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
The sad thing is, I purchased the game I wrote about after the article went up.

Life is funny sometimes. And yes I am still playing it.

Drixxel
01-06-2006, 02:35 AM
I hope people take my advice and don't play The Tick.

Just in case you didn't get that...
DON'T PLAY THE TICK.

Genesis Knight
01-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I can't believe how tragically overlooked Battletech is. No one talks about it, there aren't any FAQs for it. Why have people forgotten about it? It's GIANT MECHS SMASHING THINGS, for crying out loud! What's there not to love?

Obviously
01-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Since I've been playing the game a lot I was trying really hard to find a FAQ, a review, an ANYTHING for the game the other day and came up empty, finding myself scratching my head as to why the entire world has seemed to forgotten about the game. Even Wikipedia only has a scant sentance or two referancing it in other Battletech topics.

I really enjoy this feature, there's a few games I really want to check out now like Bonanza Brothers and Dashin' Desperadoes that I've never played before.

Drixxel
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I can't believe how tragically overlooked Battletech is. No one talks about it, there aren't any FAQs for it. Why have people forgotten about it? It's GIANT MECHS SMASHING THINGS, for crying out loud! What's there not to love?

Since I've been playing the game a lot I was trying really hard to find a FAQ, a review, an ANYTHING for the game the other day and came up empty, finding myself scratching my head as to why the entire world has seemed to forgotten about the game. Even Wikipedia only has a scant sentance or two referancing it in other Battletech topics.

Here's a good ol' FAQ: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/mechwarrior_3050.txt

Genesis Knight
01-06-2006, 06:50 PM
I forgot to check the SNES version. Thanks, Drixxel.

Melf
01-06-2006, 11:36 PM

I agree. So enthused have I been with it since this feature went up, that I went and beat the game, wrote a review, and got an interview with its producer - FASA Interactive founder Denny Thorley!

winona
01-07-2006, 12:38 AM
I wonder if I should get the tick?

Obviously
01-07-2006, 08:15 AM
I agree. So enthused have I been with it since this feature went up, that I went and beat the game, wrote a review, and got an interview with its producer - FASA Interactive founder Denny Thorley!

Awesome, I can't wait to see it all!

VinnyT
01-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I wonder if I should get the tick?

Hell, buy 3 incase Drixxel runs to your house and burns the first 2.

Genesis Knight
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM
That's going to be a feature to look forward to! (Is FASA even still around? And did you ask him why there's a Zentraedi Commander Battlepod from Robotech in the opening movie?)

Melf
01-07-2006, 02:07 PM
FASA Interactive was bought by Microsoft in 1999 and are a 1st person developer, I believe.

Lol, didn't ask him about the Zentraedi pod. :P

Obviously
01-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Which is a good thing. As much as I love the classic Mechwarrior games by Activision the recent Microsoft Mechwarrior titles have been excellent. FASA is also rumored to be a lot more involved with the Microsoft games than they were with the Activision ones.

Drixxel
01-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I wonder if I should get the tick?Hell, buy 3 incase Drixxel runs to your house and burns the first 2.

Don't think I won't do it....!!!

Kikoskia
01-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Heh, I might just write a reader's roundtable item for next month. Looks fun, now all I need is one of my games that no one else would write about... *thinks*