PDA

View Full Version : Sega Stars: Noriyuki Iwadare

Melf
01-17-2006, 12:13 AM
You may not know his name, but you've almost certainly heard his music before. Noriyuki Iwadare has scored some of gaming's true classics, including Lunar The Silver Star, Grandia, and Growlancer. He's a true gaming legend and a Sega Star, which is why he's the subject of our next installment (http://www.sega-16.com/2006/01/sega-stars-noriyuki-iwadare/). Have a read and enjoy!

Joe Redifer
01-17-2006, 01:23 AM
I really like the Sega Stars columns. Great work!

I didn't know he composed the music for Devil's Crush. That is a mad tight phiggidy phat score right there. Lunar never really impressed me. It certainly wasn't bad, but it didn't blow me away and the songs were really short. Alien Crush kind of sounded like ass from what I recall. Too bad he didn't do Jaki Crush. Hell he didn't do ANY Super Nintendo/Famicom games, did he? Although as far as Granada is concerned, I thought that was all Motoi Sakaruba or whatever his name is. I liked the way Grandia sounded on my Sega® Saturn™ game system way back in the day.

Drixxel
01-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Alien Crush kind of sounded like ass from what I recall. Too bad he didn't do Jaki Crush.

Ehh, Alien Crush has some great songs.. of the two main tracks to choose from in-game, I've never really cared for Demon's Undulade (the slower, moodier one, in case I botched that song title), but everything else is pretty cool. Still, it's not up there with the Devil's Crush soundtrack which is rather godly. I'd actually like to know who composed for Jaki Crush.. whoever it was did a great job of it.

That was a great article. The dude has certainly kept himself busy throughout the years. It'd be awesome to compose soundtracks for video games, especially the variety that Iwadare has.

Joe Redifer
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I'll have to listen to Alien Crush again. That's the ONE pinball game that I should have but I don't. That game was made back before they invented scrolling, apparently (thus the reason I never bought it). I need to buy it now.

Thanks Melf, you're making me go out and buy a TurboGrafx-16 game!

ary incorparated
01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Joe youre into Overclocked remixes arent you,I got the song Door into summer.And made by Joe Redifer ,als i have a Remixed K.O.F 200 song from Geckoyamori.Cool that you do that. :D

Joe Redifer
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Yup that is me. I'm not sure if that is the same Geckoyamori or not though since that is a pseudonym that anyone can have.

ary incorparated
01-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Not exactly the same,but thats whats it suposed to be right,if it sounds identical its no fun.sore i cant do what youre doing,i only can play a few games songs on guitar.Cool Joe,maybe someday if im clear about posting i sent some music. :D

Drixxel
01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll have to listen to Alien Crush again. That's the ONE pinball game that I should have but I don't. That game was made back before they invented scrolling, apparently (thus the reason I never bought it). I need to buy it now.

That partition between the top and bottom halves of the table in Alien Crush can get to be an incredible nuisance.. but the game is great besides that. Naxat tightened up their pinball formula with Devil's Crush, but Alien Crush still plays better than nearly all other video pinball.

..and thumbs up to your OCRemix work, Joe Redifer. Years ago I used to fuck around with game music midis and make crude remixes with shitty sequencing software.. it's something I've been meaning to get back into, only a more seriously and actually recording with live instruments.

ary incorparated
01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Cool,But with real instruments,It would be something like Megadriver does,Way fun to try and improve song like ones from contra HC,Thunder force 4,Musha etc,Im working on it,but i dont play that long like i play like 4 months guitar,so obviously i still need to learn myself playing fast past solos and guitar rifs,I can play Thinderforce 4 song Musha,contra hard corps and F zero songs,yet. :D

GeckoYamori
01-18-2006, 11:50 AM
There is only one GeckoYamori.

ary incorparated
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
hahaha,yeah right,like theres no one else in the entire world using that name,But theres only one available at OC Remixes eyh,and thats you.I like the music that megadriver makes more than those OC,s remixes,but thats because im not in to techno Trance etc.But My BRother hates megadriver music a bit he says its false a bit and the guitars sound like their crying.But BTW hes just doing it for fun and free so no comment from me.My brother says hes not that good like that he plays sice his 13th and is now like 25,my Bro is talking BS i know.My answer is at least he does it,like to know how he handles music remakes from contra HC. :D