PDA

View Full Version : Double Vision: Requiem for Sega Visions Magazine

Melf
02-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Our week-long tribute to Sega Visions Magazine continues with a full retrospective. It had potential, to be sure, but was forever denied prominence due to internal feuding and politics at Sega. Still, it was the only official U.S. magazine ever released by Sega, and it lasted for more than half a decade. Read the article (http://www.sega-16.com/2006/02/double-vision-requiem-for-sega-visions-magazine/) for a glimpse of what might have been.

ARK1
02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
I have most of the issues of Sega Visions (there's still a few I need to collect). What I felt was the major problem was the fact that it was quarterly instead of monthly. No Sega fan wants to wait three months for the next issue, while NES gamers were getting their fix ever month.

David J.
02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
When was it's last issue?

Joe Redifer
02-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Sorry, but "most saddest"? :p

PS - That's a different smiley than the one I clicked on. I clicked on http://www.sega-16.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif but got :p instead. Crazy!

Dartagnan1083
02-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I remember the magazine being real nice if you looked at first party titles and such.
But otherwise, it was a little overbearing in it's promotion of titles that were clearly not very good (FMV games & such).

At least it wasn't like the Nintendo Power of old. . .which never seemed to say ANYTHING negative about games on Nintendo platforms.

Flash1087
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Man, I don't even remember this. This magazine would've been out at an age where I wouldn't have noticed it to be a piece of corporate fluff, I just wanted a Sonic magazine.

Mendicant
02-09-2006, 01:29 AM
I remember the magazine for two articles. A three page article on Eternal Champions CD, and a one column, three paragraph semi-article on Popful Mail.

j_factor
02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
When was it's last issue?

I think early '96? I remember there being a Sega Visions offer in Comix Zone, which came out in 1995, so...

celticsfan
03-19-2009, 01:50 AM
I really liked this magazine. I sent them a letter back in third grade asking if they had any tips on X-Men, they sent me back an X-Men poster and a walkthrough that spanned a few pages.

Think any video game magazine nowadays would send you something like that? I always feel bad for never writing them a thank-you letter, so if anyone from Sega Visions reads this. thanks for cheering up a third-grader who could have used a smile!