PDA

View Full Version : Lufia II: Does it Exist at all?

Melf
03-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I know it was announced but was later cancelled. My question is to whether or not anything was actually done on it. Is there an unfinished beta somewhere? Was it finished then cancelled like Saturn Snatcher? Or was it just vaporware?

Joe Redifer
03-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Wouldn't Lufia be a Super Nintendo game?

Melf
03-19-2006, 11:46 PM
It was supposed to be released for both, but Taito cancelled the Genesis version after a long delay. I'd like to know what was done (if anything) on it.

j_factor
03-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Much work was done on Lufia for Genesis when it was inexplicably canned. I'm pretty sure, however, that work on Lufia II for Genesis was never started.

MegaDrive20XX
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Man I'd kill to have this game on Genesis. It broke my heart when it was canned.

"Coming December 1994!"

(two issues of EGM later)

"COMING SPRING 1995! WE PROMISE IT"S WORTH THE WAIT!" :sweat:

:lol:

Yet I still strongly believe the ROM is out there somewhere and it needs to be dumped on cart asap!

extrarice
03-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Sucks that the Genesis release was cancelled. The SNES release was completed, though (I have the Japanese cart).

Melf
03-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Much work was done on Lufia for Genesis when it was inexplicably canned. I'm pretty sure, however, that work on Lufia II for Genesis was never started.

Yep, you're right; it was the first one. I wonder how much got done? Enough for someone to finish?

http://www.lufia.net/lufia-gen2.gif

j_factor
03-24-2006, 01:17 AM
I'd imagine enough was done for there to be a beta somewhere.

It's a pity it didn't come out. Lufia is an awesome RPG. Supposedly, the Genesis version was going to have some additions too.

goldenband
11-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Since this is the first thing from Sega-16 that comes up on a "lufia" + "sega genesis" search, I thought it'd be worth giving this thread closure and posting a link to the one where these questions got answered:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26883-No-one-mentioned-the-early-Lufia-Alpha-Rom-which-was-found

Bottom line, nothing beyond a simplistic demo was ever programmed.