Quantcast

Thread: Post your custom Sonic CD soundtrack here!

Jizzed in my pants... NOT Raging in the Streets M4R14NO94's Avatar

Sonic Post your custom Sonic CD soundtrack here!

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D2BUL5G8

Inspired by PimpUigi's SCD custom soundtrack thread and the many custom Sonic CD soundtracks people make, I decided to post mine. Only one of the stage's music was left (Stardust Speedway Bad Future, because it's fucking jawusum). Here it is (NOTE: those tracks marked with a * mean that I originally planned to put it or them):

Palmtree Panic "P" Mix: The Beach (Puggsy, Genesis), Sunset Hill Act 1 (Sonic Advance 3)*
    Palmtree Panic "G" Mix: Wave 131 (Streets of Rage 2)*, Brazil (Road Rash 3)
    Palmtree Panic "B" Mix: Stage 3 (DecapAttack)
    Collision Chaos "P" Mix: Work it Out (Sonic R)
    Collision Chaos "G" Mix: Race 2 (Metal Fangs)
    Collision Chaos "B" Mix: Germany (Road Rash 3)*, Vermont (Road Rash II)
    Tidal Tempest "P" Mix: US
    0Tidal Tempest "G" Mix: Fresh Prince of Tidal Tempest
    Tidal Tempest "B" Mix: Maeva (MegaRace 3DO), NGLoop (MegaRace 3DO or PC)*, Terminal City (MegaRace PC)*
    Quartz Quadrant "P" Mix: Under Logic (SOR2)
    Quartz Quadrant "G" Mix: Movin' In Circles (Ridge Racer Type 4)*, Buck Bumble theme song (Buck Bumble, N64)
    Quartz Quadrant "B" Mix: Hall of the Mountain Dude (Boom Boom Rocket)
    Wacky Workbench "P" Mix: US
    Wacky Workbench "G" Mix: The Factory (Lost Vikings, SNES)
    Wacky Workbench "B" Mix: Are U Wake Up? (Sega Touring Car Championship)
    Stardust Speedway "P" Mix: Dreams of an Absolution (Sonic 2006)
    Stardust Speedway "G" Mix: KIYO (Sonic the Fighters)
    Stardust Speedway "B" Mix: JP
    Metallic Madness "P" Mix: Street Wise (Tekken 5)
    Metallic Madness "G" Mix: Driving (Lawnmower Man, SNES)
    Metallic Madness "B" Mix: Plague Factory (The Ooze)
    Boss Music: If Looks Could Kill! (Puggsy, Genesis), Experimental Rabbit (Bonus Stage) (The Ooze)*
    Final Boss Music: Race BGM 11 (Power Drive, Genesis)
    Title Screen: US
    Time Attack: JP
    Stage Clear: JP
    Speed Shoes: JP
    Invincibility: JP
    Game Over: Rodeo Jim (Earthworm Jim, Genesis), GAME OVER YEAH!*
    Special Stage: JP
    Little Planet: JP
    Intro: JP (although, for some reason, it plays Sonic Boom instead)
    Credits: JP

Also, regarding this, PSP PicoDrive's a bitch. I tried almost everything with my custom soundtrack, and it always put this message: "Unsupported MP3 format, use 44khz stereo", which they did, but for some reason it still happened! On the readme, it said that you have to use "classic MP3 format", not "stuff like mp3pro". How the heck can I do that? I use Free MP3 WMA Converter for my MP3's, and it still didn't work! How the hell can I make my tracks have "classic MP3 format"? What program should I use for that?
    Last edited by M4R14NO94; 04-04-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Added download
    Links and stuffz:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LanceBoyle94
    www.youtube.com/user/M4R14NO94
    http://lanceboyles.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Weird Al" Yankovic (on the AL-TV "interview" with Kevin Federline)
    Really? You mean like if someone got right up on your face and said that you're an IGNORANT, NO-TALENT WHITE TRASH, FORTUNE SQUANDERING VANILLA ICE WANNABE LOSER, you'd be okay with that?

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

vermont stage from road rash II!!
    hellyeah, i thought I was the only one that loved that tune.
    da-nana-nuna da da da-nana-nuna (lol)

PimpTaxi is real 2401 Master of Shinobi PimpUigi's Avatar

Scared to just post this stuff in my thread.
    : (
    Could we please merge this into the thread I already started?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Venture View Post
    It's not "I like big boobies, where's a pic of Jennifer Love Hewitt!" it's "I like big boobies, and this Sonic character has them. Score!!"

Quote Originally Posted by PimpUigi View Post
    Scared to just post this stuff in my thread.
    : (
    Could we please merge this into the thread I already started?
    I was in fact going to post it in your thread originally, but, for some reason, I decided to make this thread. It would be a good idea to merge it with yours. Hopefully either Melf or Joe will do it
    Links and stuffz:

Quote Originally Posted by "Weird Al" Yankovic (on the AL-TV "interview" with Kevin Federline)
    Really? You mean like if someone got right up on your face and said that you're an IGNORANT, NO-TALENT WHITE TRASH, FORTUNE SQUANDERING VANILLA ICE WANNABE LOSER, you'd be okay with that?

It would have been killer if you had a download link for all those tracks as well.
    Since I don't know a good chunk of them.
    It's so cool you put this thought into it too.

It's not "I like big boobies, where's a pic of Jennifer Love Hewitt!" it's "I like big boobies, and this Sonic character has them. Score!!"

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Hey off-topic, but can someone suggest a place to download the ISO of the European/Jap. version of Sonic CD? I have the giant-boxed American version but I've always wanted to check out the other one... and I hope no one minds that I asked...

Systemwars vs Sega-16 Master of Shinobi gamegenie's Avatar

I once found all the original (JAP) Sonic CD soundtracks on the Sonic & Knuckles Collection PC game when I explored the disc once.

I burned a bootleg Sonic CD of it and was overwhelmingly disappointed at how crude and cartridge like the music sounded compared to the fresh sounds of the final release. Talk about something being over hyped.
    "Fires of purgatory, coalesce and incinerate my enemies."

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Hey off-topic, but can someone suggest a place to download the ISO of the European/Jap. version of Sonic CD? I have the giant-boxed American version but I've always wanted to check out the other one... and I hope no one minds that I asked...
    There's the Snesorama forums or Romhustler (which is where I got it)

It would have been killer if you had a download link for all those tracks as well.
    Since I don't know a good chunk of them.
    It's so cool you put this thought into it too.
    I might make a download link for it, that is if I make an account on a site like MegaUpload or MediaFire
    Links and stuffz:

I didn't need an account at MegaUpload to upload my enhanced Sonic CD OST (which I intentionally just limited myself to Sonic CD music for, in case anyone is confused by this topic.)

Quote Originally Posted by gamegenie View Post
    I burned a bootleg Sonic CD of it and was overwhelmingly disappointed at how crude and cartridge like the music sounded compared to the fresh sounds of the final release. Talk about something being over hyped.
    Wait, final release? The Sega CD version is the final release...right? I'm confused.

IMHO the Sonic CD soundtrack isn't as good as Dreams Come True's Sonic 1/2 soundtracks, or Michael Jackson's Sonic 3 soundtrack, and S&K followed in MJ's footsteps, so yea...but I think Sonic CD is just a step below all of that, to be the fourth best Sonic soundtrack by far and away.

Unleashed, 06, or even SA1 might be the fifth best. All close for sure. Forget all the rest of the Sonic music out there.

Systemwars vs Sega-16 Master of Shinobi gamegenie's Avatar

Wait, final release? The Sega CD version is the final release...right? I'm confused.

IMHO the Sonic CD soundtrack isn't as good as Dreams Come True's Sonic 1/2 soundtracks, or Michael Jackson's Sonic 3 soundtrack, and S&K followed in MJ's footsteps, so yea...but I think Sonic CD is just a step below all of that, to be the fourth best Sonic soundtrack by far and away.

Unleashed, 06, or even SA1 might be the fifth best. All close for sure. Forget all the rest of the Sonic music out there.
    AFAIK the North American preview releases of Sonic CD contain the same sound tracks as the JAP Sonic CD version which the game was highly praised on in game review magazines way back until the final version was released that consisted of all new CD tracks for the stages which drew a lot of criticism. So when I'm saying final release I'm talking about the revised Sonic CD sound track, as opposed to the JAP sound tracks that seem to be flooded on most Youtube Sonic CD videos.
    "Fires of purgatory, coalesce and incinerate my enemies."

Oh...

People always say JP soundtrack, or US soundtrack.

My custom soundtrack cherry picks the best tracks out of each for each stage.

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by gamegenie View Post
    I once found all the original (JAP) Sonic CD soundtracks on the Sonic & Knuckles Collection PC game when I explored the disc once.

'bootleg Sonic CD', there's your problem. Next time, rip your music at a higher quality :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Uh, begging for ROMs isn't really a good idea. A better idea would be to use your search engine of choice.

[EDIT] God help me, I once replaced track 29 - the 'speed up' theme - with Yakety Sax. Do not do this. It is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elusive View Post
    [EDIT] God help me, I once replaced track 29 - the 'speed up' theme - with Yakety Sax. Do not do this. It is madness.
    That, for me, would be sweet
    Links and stuffz:

Okay guys I'm going to post a link to the soundtrack in the main post
    Links and stuffz:

Thread Information