Quantcast

Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1210

Thread: Everdrive-MD Flash Cart

  1. #1126
    Shining Hero Joe Redifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO - USA
    Posts
    13,158
    Rep Power
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    That's similar to my folder structure, except I also have all the romhacks/translations/demo's/etc in their own dirs,
    I have separate folders for Demos and Miscellaneous which has folders for stuff like Translations, Music (for VGM files I have converted to ROM images) and stuff like that. I used to have a HACKS folder but those were just dumb so I got rid of it. Hacks don't really impress me especially when most of them are based around Sonic. A lot of the ones that are supposedly translated still run in Japanese, like Twinkle Tale.

  2. #1127

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Action-Platformer
    Arcade
    Beat'em ups
    Fighting
    Lightgun
    Pinball
    Platformers
    Puzzle
    Racing
    RPG
    Run & Gun
    Shooters

    ^^ My folders.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    I gutted a MUSHA and threw away the game now I have an Everdrive that lets me play Psy-O-Blade!!

    You did what?!

    You're not supposed to do this to GOOD games. You're supposed to grab something nobody will miss, like a crappy sports title and put its cart shell to good use(for once). Like i did with Arnold Palmer Golf.
    Last edited by Saturn Fan; 01-10-2013 at 03:33 AM.

  3. #1128
    Shining Hero Joe Redifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO - USA
    Posts
    13,158
    Rep Power
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Fan View Post

    You did what?!

    You're not supposed to do this to GOOD games. You're supposed to grab something nobody will miss, like a crappy sports title and put its cart shell to good use(for once).
    Oh. I'm kind of new to the Genesis so I didn't know. It took a lot of time tearing that MUSHA label off. It came off in many pieces so I just stuck them on the insert and manual (which I also trashed) while I was doing it. I did keep the plastic case, though!

  4. #1129
    Road Rasher Sean697's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    While I appreciate the do it yourself stuff, I really appreciate more the quality of the deluxe editions of the SAG Mega Everdrives. Having a professional case and insert, nicely painted cartridge, professional cutting, nice cart labels and SD card label, and even a Velcro mount in the case to hold your SD card on. Plus a nice instruction manual. They do a good job.

  5. #1130

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    4,395
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean697 View Post
    While I appreciate the do it yourself stuff, I really appreciate more the quality of the deluxe editions of the SAG Mega Everdrives. Having a professional case and insert, nicely painted cartridge, professional cutting, nice cart labels and SD card label, and even a Velcro mount in the case to hold your SD card on. Plus a nice instruction manual. They do a good job.
    I find that the SAG labels look horrible. I did a half DIY version. I bought my mega everdrive from retrogate with the case. The case was professionally cut but it came with the label of some random sports came. I removed the label, and slapped on a professionally printed label I got from arcade on the everdrive forums. I must say this guy makes the best labels, they're professional quality and the artwork is just my style:


  6. #1131
    Wildside Expert Cholkavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    El Paso TX
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Oh. I'm kind of new to the Genesis so I didn't know. It took a lot of time tearing that MUSHA label off. It came off in many pieces so I just stuck them on the insert and manual (which I also trashed) while I was doing it. I did keep the plastic case, though!
    HAHAHA that made me laugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    I find that the SAG labels look horrible. I did a half DIY version. I bought my mega everdrive from retrogate with the case. The case was professionally cut but it came with the label of some random sports came. I removed the label, and slapped on a professionally printed label I got from arcade on the everdrive forums. I must say this guy makes the best labels, they're professional quality and the artwork is just my style:
    I agree, I have a Super Everdive and the label looks like balls. Where would be a good place to get a custom label and case and cart made up for an everdrive. I managed to score one in a trade but it was cart only and they did a pretty poor job of cutting/melting? the shell

  7. #1132

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Oh. I'm kind of new to the Genesis so I didn't know. It took a lot of time tearing that MUSHA label off. It came off in many pieces so I just stuck them on the insert and manual (which I also trashed) while I was doing it. I did keep the plastic case, though!


    ....

  8. #1133
    Co-Creator of the MegaAmp Raging in the Streets villahed94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,541
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    I find that the SAG labels look horrible. I did a half DIY version. I bought my mega everdrive from retrogate with the case. The case was professionally cut but it came with the label of some random sports came. I removed the label, and slapped on a professionally printed label I got from arcade on the everdrive forums. I must say this guy makes the best labels, they're professional quality and the artwork is just my style:

    Is that the hardwired 32x?


    Mega Amp: The reference audio circuit for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

  9. #1134
    The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,573
    Rep Power
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    I used to have a HACKS folder but those were just dumb so I got rid of it.
    There's actually quite a bit of good hacks, but the GoodGen collection has a shitload of bad ones in there,
    So I think I'll just pull out the good hacks and then trash the entire GoodGen hacks dir.

    Some good hacks are..

    Mortal Kombat II (the smoke hack that makes the secret chars playable and also adds back cut voices and the intro/bio/ending pics)

    Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (the umk3 hack that adds all the characters from mk1/2/3 back to umk3)

    Rock & Roll Racing hacks (there's a bunch of these, some add music some add cars some make every opponent playable)

    Sonic (the ones that add Knuckles & Tails to Sonic 1, and then there's some very good hacks, like the one where you play as all 3 chars at once and can switch between them by pressing A)

    Streets of Rage II (they have a special sor2 hacking tool now that allows you to change sprites, a very cool hack is the SOR2 Adam edition)

    There's lots more but its hard to remember all this stuff, just saying that there are good hacks out there that are worth spending time with.

    Its just kinda hard to take it all serious when there's a shitload of MARCO THE PINK HEDGEHOG/SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG/SILVER THE HEDGEHOG hacks out there.

  10. #1135

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    4,395
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cholkavich View Post
    I agree, I have a Super Everdive and the label looks like balls. Where would be a good place to get a custom label and case and cart made up for an everdrive. I managed to score one in a trade but it was cart only and they did a pretty poor job of cutting/melting? the shell
    Contact the user "arcade" on hte everdrive forum he's the man with making awesome labels.

    And yes villahed that's the hardwired 32x, I was too lazy to take just a pic of the everdrive and I already had this pic handy.

  11. #1136
    What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Esper Mansion
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Some good hacks are..

    {{...}}

    Sonic (the ones that add Knuckles & Tails to Sonic 1, and then there's some very good hacks, like the one where you play as all 3 chars at once and can switch between them by pressing A)
    Yeah I like this one, Sonic Heroes for Genesis, the only good thing to come out of that dreadful sixth gen game.
    There are also hacks to play Japanese versions of MD games in English, eg Dynamite Headdy, if you're into that sort of thing.

  12. #1137
    Wildside Expert Sky Llama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Got my Everdrive-MD in the mail today and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find an SD card reader anywhere. After getting frustrated I found one and got everything figgured out.

    I should have owned one of these long before now.


    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    Yeah I like this one, Sonic Heroes for Genesis, the only good thing to come out of that dreadful sixth gen game.

    Yes, a penguin taught me French in Antarctica. Comment allez-vous ce soir?

  13. #1138
    Co-Creator of the MegaAmp Raging in the Streets villahed94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,541
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    I'm still waiting for my Mega ED, but it seems Mexico Post is derping lately with European items.
    My Mega ED left Great Britain on the 4th and there is no sign of it on Mexico Post's site as of now....


    Mega Amp: The reference audio circuit for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

  14. #1139

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Its just kinda hard to take it all serious when there's a shitload of MARCO THE PINK HEDGEHOG/SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG/SILVER THE HEDGEHOG hacks out there.

    Hey, i like some of those. Playing as Shadow & Metal Sonic in Sonic 1 are cool. Also the one hack of Sonic 1 that gives the ability to turn into Super Sonic easily. Each playable on Everdrive.

    On the subject of hacks, the Eng translation for Twinkle Tale is great too.

  15. #1140
    Road Rasher Solkia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I tried Sonic 2 Heroes. Had worse slowdown than it does on Kega Fusion.

    Fun hack, but too much shit going on at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Oh. I'm kind of new to the Genesis so I didn't know. It took a lot of time tearing that MUSHA label off. It came off in many pieces so I just stuck them on the insert and manual (which I also trashed) while I was doing it. I did keep the plastic case, though!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •