Quantcast

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Sentinels are made of metal.

3:34 in Master Mold literally spits out Reavers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Why on earth are you guys ripping this game apart? Compared to the other X-Men games that were out at the time not including the PC

X-Men NES
    X-Men Arcade
    X-Men and Spider-man

X-Men on the NES is trash and I played the Spiderman one a few times but it did nothing for me. The arcade game while it blows it away in terms of presentation, sound and visuals it's game play leaves alot to be desired. The bosses are way to overpowered and the enemies are meh I mean how on earth are mini Sentinels working with Magneto anyways? Instead of a healing factor Wolverine has a sonic boom? What is Colossus doing? As small and least intimidating Juggernaut is on the Genesis version ytf does he have a bazooka in the arcade version.
    You said its gameplay leaves a lot to be desired but your complaints are about plot/characterization, not gameplay.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

3:34 in Master Mold literally spits out Reavers.
    When I read this, I thought "he must have some names mixed up". But then it literally happens in the video. :P

But Master Mold only makes Sentinels aligned with Magneto make all the more sense. He only had to subdue MM to be reprogrammed and then it would pump out all of the Sentinels with selective targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    You said its gameplay leaves a lot to be desired but your complaints are about plot/characterization, not gameplay.

-no controllable grappling moves
    -huge reliance on the super moves.
    -enemies rely on sheer amount of numbers.
    -cheap bosses first time I ever got to Magneto I attempted to blast him 2 times with optic beams only to have him nullify them both time with his magnetic beam and then popped my ass with a 3rd one.

Most of Konami's beat em ups haven't aged well. Gimme a Capcom beat em up over that one.
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

The enemies do swarm and the bosses take a lot of hits. It's a bit of a quarter muncher; the bosses kinda remind me of Smash TV that way. But it's also designed to be played by up to six players, which means it won't work as well for solo play as a game that's only for two players. Every time I played that game in the arcade, there were at least three players. It was pretty popular (at least locally speaking), even after it was getting old.

I never actually saw any Capcom beat 'em up game other than Final Fight in any arcade.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

The first time i actually played Final Fight was on the SNES. I didn't see the arcade version until years later. Yes that X-Men was the shit we got the 4 player at a local spot in 92. This is back when X-Men had made a Saturday morning run on Fox Kids so that hyped it up a bit more. There was a Circle K a few miles away that would have an SNK cabinet and a Capcom cabinet. And one day they had Aliens vs. Predator and that game just blew me away. It was a quarter muncher but i felt as if the characters had enough moves to use with out relying on super moves to much. I was playing it a few years ago and discovered a new move.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

The Konami classics like TMNT and X-Men came out several years before AvP and D&D, so it's not really surprising that there's a huge difference in complexity. AvP and the two D&D games are the peak of 2D beat em ups.

I do tend to prefer the older Capcom games over the Konami ones, though. I really enjoy Knights of the Round and The King of Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    The Konami classics like TMNT and X-Men came out several years before AvP and D&D, so it's not really surprising that there's a huge difference in complexity. AvP and the two D&D games are the peak of 2D beat em ups.

I do tend to prefer the older Capcom games over the Konami ones, though. I really enjoy Knights of the Round and The King of Dragons.
    X-Men does have the ability to kick enemies on ground which for some reason I don't think it was ever implemented in other beat em up by different companies.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I still really like the first X-Men game on the Mega Drive and I'm still really crap at it. Some things never change...

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

X-Men does have the ability to kick enemies on ground which for some reason I don't think it was ever implemented in other beat em up by different companies.
    Kunio games often have the ability to attack enemies on the ground.

Other than that, mainly the Crime Fighters series(including Violent Storm), but as you said, same development studio as X-men. Oh, and Metamorphic Force, which should be a given, since it uses X-men's engine.

I always enjoyed this game. Would like it more if Archangel was one of the playables, instead of just a call-in, though .

This game goes to show my own concept of mediocrity: Not a good game, but not one I regretted playing (in fact I even strongly considered buying it). Just another entry on the console's catalog.
    To the 10-12 old me it was a bit hard to understand, but I enjoyed it while I could. At the end, it got tiresome and just forgot about it. I don't even recall if I've ever made it past Juggernaut.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

With this game, I guess you just gotta learn how to be cheap with Nightcrawler . Actually his diagonal downward kick helps out a great deal against Juggernaut, especially if you land it in a way where you land a good ways past him.

Genesis

Love some of these twangy gems tracks.

Thread Information