Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man: The Wily Wars

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoYamori
    Usually there are boss weapons that let you shoot diagonally, like Metal Man or Spark Man. Adding it to the vanilla cannon would kill the novelty of those weapons, and remove some strategical aspects of the game.
    Make the game bareable from the start so that I can bring myself to beat bosses and get boss weapons, and then I'll talk about how important they are.

"It has to suck at first for it to be great later" doesn't jive with me. A game that sucks for a while and then gets good is still a game that sucks. I'm not going to invest in a sucky game to make it good when there are plenty of games out there that are fun from the onset.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

i hate the game sorry but i find it a but ugly one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1087 View Post
    HOORAY FOR MEGA MAN!

I love more or less anything that says Mega Man on it. I'm a sucker.
    here another sucker for the games

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

My copy is the "unofficial" one I bought from Bratwurst. I have no reason to believe he gave me a pixel-perfect copy of the retail version, so my critique is obviously in no way leveled at his product.

Capcom did a pretty lousy job porting these games to the Mega Drive. Sure, the graphics are sharper and the backgrounds are better, but it plays like molasses compared to the original NES games (where's your Blast Processing NOW??).

Also, I was particularly disappointed in the music. The original NES games sounded so much better than the muddled tunes coming from this port. It's a disgrace, really.

I love Mega Man and I was delighted to get this game. Still worth the money I paid for it, but Capcom (or whoever they handed this project to) should have done a better job.

You smell kinda pretty... Master of Shinobi johnnyb's Avatar

Hmmm... I am currently watching a copy of Wily wars on our local auction site, how much do they usually go for? or more importantly how much should someone pay for a copy?, it`s complete and looks in great condition.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Well, I bought mine as a Mega Man fan, not as a collector. I probably would have been willing to pay nearly $100 for a complete game on EBay.

Now that's as an American. I don't know what the demand is like for countries it was officially released to.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb37 View Post
    Hmmm... I am currently watching a copy of Wily wars on our local auction site, how much do they usually go for? or more importantly how much should someone pay for a copy?, it`s complete and looks in great condition.
    they usually go for between 120$ to 160$ on Ebay, although sometimes you can get a copy for less.

You smell kinda pretty... Master of Shinobi johnnyb's Avatar

Cool as, I will keep those prices in mind and see what happens!

Master of Shinobi

Cool I thought I was the only one who thought Wily Wars was a terrible port, Megaman just looks and moves completely wrong, I feel like I've got glue stuck to my feet whilst controlling those games, so much worse than the originals, and so bloody overpriced too!

Sega's Schnitzel Wildside Expert Bratwurst's Avatar

I've found it's easier to get around by hopping a little bit prior to actually walking so there isn't a delay in Megaman responding to the controller, but there's really no excuse for the change in physics compared to the NES ports. Still, the Wily Tower stages are must-see for any Megaman fan because they really give you a feel for what a stand alone Megaman game would have been like on the Sega Genesis.

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    You'd think that with the amount of fame Mega Man enjoyed during the 8-bit era, the dude would get his shot on the Genesis once Capcom openly supported the platform. In a sense, he did...just not in America. While PAL and Japanese Mega Drive gamers enjoyed a great compilation of the first three games called Mega Man: The Wily Wars, U.S. fans were left in the cold. Our review offers a glimpse as to what they missed, so check it out!

I think the links broken.

Also I always wondered why the this Mega Man Compilation never made it to us. That was so dumb, they could of cashed out.
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

The game moves a lot slower than the NES games, so slow that you don't even need the select trick for the boss in Wily stage one MM1, you can usually just fight him normally without to much trouble. For some reason it seems like I can't defeat Cutman quickly with the mega buster, it just seems to do normal damage in this version.

Road Rasher

I've played Mega Man 1, 2, and 3 on the NES and Mega Man: The Wily Wars (PAL version import). The updated graphics look great in the this version, the music is fairly good in my opinion, and the sound effects are great as well. Still, as a casual Mega Man player, I'm not sure if it is worth importing. If you're happy with the NES versions of Mega Man 1, 2, and 3, this might just be more of a novelty game than anything else. If you want to play the first three Mega Man games with updated graphics, better sound quality, and the Wily Tower mode, then by all means go ahead and get this game.
    Last edited by Josh; 09-28-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Banned by Administrators

i got this xmas day from my gf , played it for the first time the day after boxing day and have to say its most definitely not lived up to expectations

for a game that is probably the most expensive PAL game to find i had expected better, but of course price means nothing in respect to how good the game is, just how collectible it is

Man you guys know the Genesis wasn't a priority for Capcom back in the the day. There heads were stuck in Nintendo's ass. I have never been a huge fan of Mega Man though but this game has always been a curiosity to me. But I don't believe in spending 100 dollars for a mediocre game.

Thread Information