Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEGA, where is Daytona USA 2 for home?

Default SEGA, where is Daytona USA 2 for home?

I want this game ported to home consoles (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3). It's fine if you change the name because of the Daytona licensing issue. Just call it Sega Racing Classic 2.

Render it in 1080p for 360/PS3 and 480p for Wii. I don't care if it's physical release or download only, just do it, SEGA.

Make sure to include Daytona USA 2 Battle On The Edge & Power Edition

Flyers for Battle On The Edge and Power Edition:

Last edited by Melf; 06-02-2010 at 04:20 PM.

heck, just give me a new download only daytona with up to 40 racers online.

i would even be cool with it only have 3-7 speedway as the only track, so long as the price was low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid View Post
    heck, just give me a new download only daytona with up to 40 racers online.

i would even be cool with it only have 3-7 speedway as the only track, so long as the price was low enough.
    Why pay for 1/3 of a game? Sega should just release Sega Racing Classic at home with both Daytona USA and both versions of Daytona USA 2.
    Make Scud Race/Super GT an unlockable or 3rd game.

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

Or we can wait another ten years until model 3 emulation reaches a playable state

There are unlockable Daytona 2 stages in OutRun 2. Sadly, I think that's as close as we'll ever get.

The GamesMaster Master of Shinobi JDB's Avatar

DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTTTTTTTTT OOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...let's go to race
    Cyber-Razor cut sir? - To be this good takes AGES - Raśl be with you.

Raging in the Streets

Those flyers are charmingly naiive. "The newest technologies combined with Sega's unsurpassed know-how contribute to the stunning simulation of real-life American racing!"

Powersliding around corners at top speed, overcompensating on the apex, smashing into the crash barriers, full-somersaulting the car and carrying right the fuck on like it ain't no thang: American stock car racing in all its 'in-ya-face realism'.

edit: The Daytona USA 2 soundtrack's cleverly done: on disc 1 there's the usual course themes, but later on, along with Takenobi Mitsuyoshi - 'DAYTONAAAA guy' - doing the main course theme vocals, the tracks are laid out as though you're watching the race 'live' from the bleachers. So, you get an introduction from Sega Sports Channel host Tom West for all the courses and drivers - did you know that the driver for Team Hornet Classic Racing is called Tom Brown? - and the course themes are mixed in with engine noise, crashing metal, and so on.

Way back when, in my youthful naivety, I added all the tidbits of info to Wikipedia. Reverted in minutes for vandalism!
    Last edited by Elusive; 06-02-2010 at 06:28 PM.

MODEL 3 graphics still look good today, 14 years after the board was introduced with VF3.

I was comparing Super Mario Galaxy's Loopdeloop (Ray Surfing) level to MODEL 3 Daytona USA 2. You might wonder why I chose SMG. It's the best-looking game on Wii that runs at 60fps. Graphically its got the MODEL 3 "look" IMO. So I'm certain the Wii can handle any MODEL 3 game. In fact, Wii is getting LA Machineguns this year. I want every MODEL 3 game on Wii.

Master of Shinobi

Sega don't have the rights to use the Daytona name anymore, so any new release would have to be reworked. I don't think they can be bothered at this point.

Let's Go Away Master of Shinobi kokujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxscroll View Post
    MODEL 3 graphics still look good today, 14 years after the board was introduced with VF3.
    I remember seeing Virtua Fighter 3 back in 1997 at the "World's Biggest McDonald's" and thinking graphics will not get any better than this.I recently played a VF3 machine and it's still quite impressive(even gameplay wise), especially considering what else was around at the time.If any game should be ported it should be Sega Super GT, I only got to play that game once, and I haven't seen it since.There's a Daytona USA 2 machine at the boardwalk(what's left), and it's cheap to play.

Less talk more action!

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxscroll View Post

I was comparing Super Mario Galaxy's Loopdeloop (Ray Surfing) level to MODEL 3 Daytona USA 2. You might wonder why I chose SMG. It's the best-looking game on Wii that runs at 60fps. Graphically its got the MODEL 3 "look" IMO. So I'm certain the Wii can handle any MODEL 3 game. In fact, Wii is getting LA Machineguns this year. I want every MODEL 3 game on Wii.
    Model 3 games were grown man games back in the day. The Wii is a childsplay. The Model 3 games should be on grownman systems such as the 360 and PS3.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDB1983 View Post
    DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTTTTTTTTT OOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uploader's comment: Takenobu Mitsuyoshi is one of the greatest videogame music composers ever. He is responsible for the tunes in Virtua Fighter 2 & 3, SEGA Rally, Shenmue I & II, Daytona USA and many others.

He is best known for the legendary Daytona USA soundtrack, especially "Let's Go Away" which he is also performing LIVE in this video. Also he is playing some Shenmue music on the piano.

It's a shame the sound quality is that bad, I'm so sorry

(the video was recorded at Leipzig Games Convention 2008)
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Let's Go Away Master of Shinobi kokujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Model 3 games were grown man games back in the day. The Wii is a childsplay. The Model 3 games should be on grownman systems such as the 360 and PS3.
    Stop, just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Uploader's comment: Takenobu Mitsuyoshi is one of the greatest videogame music composers ever. He is responsible for the tunes in Virtua Fighter 2 & 3, SEGA Rally, Shenmue I & II, Daytona USA and many others.

He is best known for the legendary Daytona USA soundtrack, especially "Let's Go Away" which he is also performing LIVE in this video. Also he is playing some Shenmue music on the piano.

It's a shame the sound quality is that bad, I'm so sorry

(the video was recorded at Leipzig Games Convention 2008)
    They should have him perform at a race.I would go to all the races down here if they had him open them up.

Less talk more action!

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by JDB1983 View Post

...let's go to race
    ahem, "Let's Go Away"

Quote Originally Posted by kokujin View Post
    They should have him perform at a race.I would go to all the races down here if they had him open them up.
    Just go for the intro, then leave, then come back for the last lap since that's the only one that really matters.

With Sega being in a great spot again. This game needs to happen for a home port. 10 years now. Come on Sega~
    05/05/15

Thread Information