Quantcast

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Haha nice.

I'm not hugely into these games, but I wish someone would make a nice hack that puts the enemy-zooming effect, into the Genesis game.

Just because so many people think that the Genesis "couldn't" do the effect, which is absurd lol. Obviously the console can manage 3D zooming effects in different ways... and the actual effect could even be done very simply with a few frames of animation. So it doesn't need any kind of legit scaling anyway lol.

Also I remember the arcade game at a roller skating rink back in the 90's, it was amazing to see, just like the X-men arcade game, and the Simpsons arcade brawler, they were all amazing, at the time lol.
    On the Snes it is not a zooming effect but just 2 or 3 frames of pixalated animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Nearly 7yrs later I return to this thread having added last year a rather spiffing (PAL) CIB copy of Turtles in Time for my (very small) SNES library. I love the game and comparing it directly to my beloved copy of Hyperstone Heist on the Mega Drive has been great fun! Put simply my final analysis is this, TiT has the better levels, more varied enemies and bosses, but HH has the better soundtrack and faster paced gameplay. Either way they're both great games, and if you love either classic Ninja Turtles or scrolling beat 'em ups you can't go wrong with either game. I'll tell you what is "shell shocking" and that's the price these two games now sell for on Ebay. If you want to buy TiT and HH for their respective consoles in good CIB condition you're going to have little to no change from 300! Major bummer, dude! Still, both are excellent games imo. Cowabunga!
    I used to own HH. After I beat it I traded it for who knows what game. Had I known it would be so expensive all these years later, I would have never traded it. I want my sons to play it cause they are into the Turtles now, but I ain't shelling out that kind of cash.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    I used to own HH. After I beat it I traded it for who knows what game. Had I known it would be so expensive all these years later, I would have never traded it. I want my sons to play it cause they are into the Turtles now, but I ain't shelling out that kind of cash.
    It's cool that your sons are into Turtles stuff now. Some things never die! So you won't be 'shelling' out that kind of cash eh? I like what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Yeah it's crazy what the prizes have jumped to over the last year or even compared to the last 5 years. I picked up a CIB copy of HH for $75....I haven't looked lately but I can't imagine what the average rate is now.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Yessiree, what a good game. It may not be as spectacular or iconic as Turtles in Time (and I'm not going to compare essentially because I haven't played Turtles in Time that much) but it's still one of the quintaessential beat 'em ups on the MD. Beautiful-looking, good-sounding and, especially, fun (if maybe a bit on the easy side? I'll have to check it out).

Thread Information