Quantcast

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1087

MMM MMM MMM!
    i love her she sexy

I love Shadow Dancer!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alianger
    Why does the level progression need to make sense in a cartoon beat 'em up game?
    Continuity! It's just frustrating because disjointed levels only help to reinforce the notion that you're doing the same exact thing for eight levels, just against differently colored backgrounds. With no interesting story behind it, the grab bag nature of the level design makes me feel cheated. I hate Turtles in Time and regret ever buying it.

Megadrive Gamer Sports Talker HolyBloody16Bitter's Avatar

One word, this game is a beta version of Turtles in Time for the SNES. At least it looks like a Beta Version. Turtles in Time was great, the one on the Megadrive was a cheap conversion of the game with an other name, so a 7 is good.

Sports Talker

It was fresh for me

Alot of you guys are saying they ripped off scenes and events from the other games...well, that's not a problem for me, as I had not played those other games. I love this game. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it.

I've got to admit, I'm seeing quite negative reviews of this and I know many many people that loved this game for the MD/Gen in its day. It's quite a split decision I think, some love it, some hate it.

It's not a bad game per sé, it's just that there are superior SNES and arcade versions of the game that point out everything Hyper Stone Heist could have been.

The gameplay is more or less the same, (walk left to right, beat up anything that moves/tight controls) hence the love. However, it's the little things (like characters walking on water)... and occasionally the BIG things (like MISSING LEVELS) that earn the game and/or makers of the game, all the hate.
    Last edited by Mendicant; 02-10-2007 at 06:32 AM.
    You have the ring... and I see your schwartz is as big as mine...

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

It was a great game seen for itself, but it was a shame Konami didn´t put more effort in it since the SNES-version was much bigger.

Wildside Expert

I was just excited to see Konami on the genny and sticking with it. I never played TIT so I can't compare. The game is a bit short, but music and graphics were excellent. I agree that the early Konami games were a bit unfair, as sunset riders was a bit revised on the SNES compared to what we got. By itself I thought it fun game, some special effect treatment would've been nice but oh well.

Death Adder's minion

I really liked the boss fights in turtles in time, hyperstone heist was sort of underwhelming.

Konami always messed up their arcade ports, where the snes would get an almost arcade perfect version, like Sunset Riders. I hate the level in hyperstone thats just one gigantic boss battle after the other.

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

I liked "Turtles in Time" more.

I rented this game "back in the day" and I was excited that there was a Turtles game on the Genesis and that the various moves were easier to execute with the Genesis game....but I was still left with the desire to play TiT.

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Raśl Julia...

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Meh

Man what a let-down of a game! I just bought it & played through it with a friend, after wanting the game since it came out. Never played the SNES one, but loved the arcade game when I was young. ("Duh, who put the lights out?")

So Hyperstone Heist has some fatal flaws, and I'm only biased from the arcade game a decade ago.

Where the heck is the throw against the screen? (Most memorable special effect gimmick in the arcade.) There's no excuse for characters walking on the freakin' water in the sewers. (This isn't a game about Jesus lol.) When u beat Shredder, he jumps off the balcony, there's a lame "cut-scene" of the Hyperstone, & then a badly-drawn pic of the Turtles riding a blimp, or something.
    Last edited by Ecco; 12-16-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Where the heck is the throw against the screen? (Most memorable special effect gimmick in the arcade.)
    It's in the SNES version. This is one of those in that I'm glad I finally got a SNES.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Man what a let-down of a game! I just bought it & played through it with a friend, after wanting the game since it came out. Never played the SNES one, but loved the arcade game when I was young. ("Duh, who put the lights out?")

So Hyperstone Heist has some fatal flaws, and I'm only biased from the arcade game a decade ago.

Where the heck is the throw against the screen? (Most memorable special effect gimmick in the arcade.) There's no excuse for characters walking on the freakin' water in the sewers. (This isn't a game about Jesus lol.) When u beat Shredder, he jumps off the balcony, there's a lame "cut-scene" of the Hyperstone, & then a badly-drawn pic of the Turtles riding a blimp, or something.
    Tell me didn't the Gauntlet stage completely piss you off? What a waste of a stage, so many possibilities with the TMNT characters and that is the trash they whip up. I would almost rather play the game as 4 levels and by pass that one because it makes me that angry. Compare it to the Snes where each level is different and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    I would almost rather play the game as 4 levels and by pass that one because it makes me that angry. Compare it to the Snes where each level is different and fun.
    Yeah, I feel the same way about the Gaunlet stage everytime I play through. It's just a tiresome burden on health and attention span.

Thread Information